Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

If I Were A Carpenter : my notes

Do you have a favourite episode?

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Matt P
Apprentice
Apprentice

If I Were A Carpenter : my notes

Post by Matt P » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:14 pm

Alreet? I know I've only just turned up round these parts so a lot of this has probably been discussed before; but I've decided to watch all the episodes yet again and jot down a few things that occur to me as I watch. Feel free to comment ...or not. Right, to begin at the beginning -

A thought: Not sure if anyone's ever created an AWP timeline, but I guess Wyman has already been born before Series 1 starts?

Bloody hell, I've never noticed that before; Den & Oz are drinking halves on the ferry! I know they're driving n'all but that does seem uncharacteristically sensible.

How long has Bomber been on the site? There were obviously other Brits in the hut previously - I wonder if Bomb ever met up with them for reunions?

How times change - Bomb stands out as he is covered in tattoos, these days a working class man stands out if he's not plastered in tattoos!

Would a major comedy/drama be broadcast these days where one of the main pastimes for the lead characters is frequenting brothels?!

It seems rather unlikely that the boring bloke on the bike will one day become a coke snorting tycoon.

Why are the blokes in the band ('Expose') wearing baseball uniforms?

Who's Bomber's mate with the beard and the leather waistcoat? - good look by the way.

God I love the freeze frame credits, was gutted that they disappeared in Series 3, I used to pre-guess what shots they'd use - my choices were often better I thought.

Final thought: Cheer up Neville man, you miserable get!

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: If I Were A Carpenter : my notes

Post by Breaking Away » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:17 pm

Matt P wrote: It seems rather unlikely that the boring bloke on the bike will one day become a coke snorting tycoon.

Hey hey hey.
It was only a herbal laxative, and he sniffed but didn't inhale

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Matt P wrote:
How times change - Bomb stands out as he is covered in tattoos, these days a working class man stands out if he's not plastered in tattoos!
Good observations those, Matt, enjoyed reading them. Particularly like this one. How times change...!

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:25 am

Good stuff mate ! Barry becomes a tycoon with a passion for "a bit of Charlie before a knees up." Actually, yes I can see that. As Ally pointed oot ta Halwood, "times change."
Barry falls in with Caddy, who jacks it with his sister [?] to hook up with our vulnerable Wolverhampton Wonderer. I didnt mind that storyline. Certainly took Barry to new highs !!!