Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

A Gift From Fidel

Do you have a favourite episode?

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Gift From Fidel

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:20 pm

This episode ranks high for me over all the series.
Before we get into all that "it's not as good as series 2..." Etc, I still think some of the later episodes are great. Well written, filmed to perfection and acted brilliantly.

If feel this episode has more of a feeling of the 80s classics than other newer episodes. The lads are on form, the banter is great, they have a good laugh.

One thing I don't like is Den and Oz being at loggerheads, but it's needed for the episode to work. Barry being drunk near the end is brilliant, pure Tim Spall at his best.

I'd rate this episode 8/10.

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: A Gift From Fidel

Post by HerrPfister » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Agreed, but I really like S4 now after being indifferent to it initially. I just think it gets better each time I watch it, whereas S3, which i took to when it aired, now seems rushed and uneven by comparison, and seems worse each time I view.

Andrew
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Andrew » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:01 pm

I would have to agree, after series one and two, series four is the best. Although I like series three aswell it just isn't as good as four. It might be because the lads are actually back on the tools in series four.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:25 am

The pick of the Cubo episodes for sure ! Barry in the bath reading Hemingway, "Oh shit !" Moxey's aliens and 'roadkill cricket'. Poor Den with all the strains of being the gaffa, "Will somebody shut him up !" Nev and Oz getting a lift back to town with a big chief Cubo and Tarquin's shock as Nev walks in. The lads stuffing up Oz's date. Nev with the Giggs shirt. Pure theatre and all makes up for the silly bit where they couldnt get the jeep unstuck. I score this one a 9 out of 10. Would love to have seen Tina's face when Wyman told her he had lost his harpoon !!! :o :roll: :lol:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:54 pm

Have to agree with the previous responses, it isn't just the location contrast claustrophobic Thornley Manor etc but the changes to the way the lads operate together .I guess there is naturally a lot more acting experience which shows as the individual characters develop during the gig. Nev would never have faced down Tarquin once ,would Oz go to ballet?But in order to help the locals with the funeral they pull together.