Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Yulin Dog Meat Festival Petition

Come and have a 'quiet' chat with the lads about anything from 'The scandal of unregistered old peoples homes' to 'simone signoret' films..... :P
Warning: This section contains adult language!

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Yulin Dog Meat Festival Petition

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Mon May 22, 2017 9:04 pm

If you eat any animal at all, campaigning against this is rank hypocrisy. Unless you plan to start up a UK Cow Meat Festival Petition every Sunday dinnertime once you're done saving cats and dogs.

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Tue May 23, 2017 11:35 am

Musta bin Elbowed wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 9:04 pm
If you eat any animal at all, campaigning against this is rank hypocrisy. Unless you plan to start up a UK Cow Meat Festival Petition every Sunday dinnertime once you're done saving cats and dogs.
I'm actually a vegetarian.

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Tue May 23, 2017 11:40 am

Musta bin Elbowed wrote:
I'm a vegetarian actually. It seems to me that anytime anyone posts their opinions on this forum you always seem to find the need to have a go for some reason....... :roll:

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Tue May 23, 2017 11:53 am

Musta bin Elbowed wrote:
I don't know if that comment was directed directly at me or the forum members in general. I'm vegetarian actually. It seems to me that any time anyone posts a topic on here you seem to feel the need to have a go. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but I get the impression that you seem to think yours is the only one that matters. I don't wish to offend but that's my opinion, ( not that it means anything, probably) I don't consider anyone who campaigns against any form of animal cruelty a hypocrite if they choose to eat meat that's up to them. I would never force my views on anyone else. I just think that this nasty vile horrible festival needs to be stopped and people need to be made aware these countries are torturing these defenceless cats and dogs in the most barbaric ways imagininable. If I've upset anyone on this forum ill be the first to apologise.

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Lou wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 11:53 am
I don't know if that comment was directed directly at me or the forum members in general. I'm vegetarian actually. It seems to me that any time anyone posts a topic on here you seem to feel the need to have a go. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but I get the impression that you seem to think yours is the only one that matters. I don't wish to offend but that's my opinion, ( not that it means anything, probably) I don't consider anyone who campaigns against any form of animal cruelty a hypocrite if they choose to eat meat that's up to them. I would never force my views on anyone else. I just think that this nasty vile horrible festival needs to be stopped and people need to be made aware these countries are torturing these defenceless cats and dogs in the most barbaric ways imagininable. If I've upset anyone on this forum ill be the first to apologise.

Sorry Lou, I've only just seen this response (damn forum's all screwed) - I'm certainly not having a go at you or anyone else on here, I just enjoy a robust online debate without apologising or writing its 'just my opinion' (it goes without saying!). It might come across as confrontational (as my dear old mum would have said, 'Never argue with people on email, they cant see when you're joking...') but it's not meant to. I just like to provoke a good counter-argument (like yours in this thread). Talking of which....

Don't you feel odd selecting which animals to defend and which ones to eat? Personally I avoid anything that's not part of the food chain and I'll happily scoff the rest (it would get eaten anyway). But I can't see the logic in saving dogs while eating cows :?:

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:14 am

I've said l don't eat meat.
If you take five mins to look on YouTube at some of the vile videos of what these low life scumbags do to these poor dogs and cats then maybe you'll see my logic.
Don't want an argument.

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by AlreetPal » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:52 pm

Lou wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:14 am
I've said l don't eat meat.
If you take five mins to look on YouTube at some of the vile videos of what these low life scumbags do to these poor dogs and cats then maybe you'll see my logic.
Don't want an argument.
You could say that how halal meat is killed is barbaric as well. No means of being stunned and the throat cut.
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.

We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:07 am

I agree. Halal is a barbaric and cruel means of slaughter. Kosher is the same too.
My husband no longer eats meat from Indian restaurants because of this.
It's a medieval way of killing the animal and in my opinion should be banned in this country. Religion should have nothing to do with it. Imagine the suffering pain and fear those poor animals have to endure. No need for it in today's society.
As Paul McCartney said, if slaughterhouses had glass walls, we would all be vegetarians.

rodoz
Boozer
Boozer

Post by rodoz » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:23 pm

Lou wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:07 am
As Paul McCartney said, if slaughterhouses had glass walls, we would all be vegetarians.
Not one of McCartneys catchiest lyrics

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:59 pm

Yes I prefer john Lennon......the love to take is equal to the love you make.
Never quite did understand what it meant.........

rodoz
Boozer
Boozer

Post by rodoz » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:17 pm

Lou wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:59 pm
Yes I prefer john Lennon......the love to take is equal to the love you make.
Never quite did understand what it meant.........
Summat to do with humpin init?

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:46 pm

Great to see on to today that Simon Cowell is starting a campaign to put an end to the vile, sick dog meat trade. Hope he is successful.