Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Another TV blast from the past!!

Come and have a 'quiet' chat with the lads about anything from 'The scandal of unregistered old peoples homes' to 'simone signoret' films..... :P
Warning: This section contains adult language!

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Another TV blast from the past!!

Post by Tracy » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Let me guess, you smuggled those inflatables in through customs ?!

Hallwood
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hallwood » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:46 pm

They can't make any more Only Fools and Horses, seeing as John Sullivan is no longer with us. Nobody else could possibly write it, and I doubt David and Nicholas would do it with someone else's script.

As for this new Open All Hours, I can see this being rubbish. It'll be just about an ageing Granville struggling to cope with modern life in a corner shop, with a supermarket probably being just down the road and nobody coming in to the shop as a result.

The Magnificent 7
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by The Magnificent 7 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:43 pm

I kind of want this to happen but then on the other hand I don't want it to happen. I want it to happen as its one of my favourite ever programmes and one of the greatest British sitcoms ever wrote, but I don't want it to happen as it could turn out to be terrible, and I'd prefer it if they didn't tarnish the shows reputation.

It's a bit like OFAH, I was really excited when I heard they were bringing it back, but in hindsight I wish it had never happened as the final three episodes were not to the standard that we had become accustomed to from such a great programme.

I've heard that Granville will be working in the shop with his son, maybe they could cast Moxey as the son. C-c-count me in.

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:53 pm

Hallwood wrote:They can't make any more Only Fools and Horses, seeing as John Sullivan is no longer with us. Nobody else could possibly write it, and I doubt David and Nicholas would do it with someone else's script.

As for this new Open All Hours, I can see this being rubbish. It'll be just about an ageing Granville struggling to cope with modern life in a corner shop, with a supermarket probably being just down the road and nobody coming in to the shop as a result.
Aye, except for the milk-lady, for some flirtatious double-entendres. Oh no, hang on, there's nae milk roonds any more. She probably wears a hairnet & packs airline meals. Deal with it, G-G-G-G-ranville...

Hallwood
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hallwood » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:48 pm

The Magnificent 7 wrote: It's a bit like OFAH, I was really excited when I heard they were bringing it back, but in hindsight I wish it had never happened as the final three episodes were not to the standard that we had become accustomed to from such a great programme.
For me, Only Fools finished when Del, Rodney and Uncle Albert walked off into the sunset in 1996 after they sold the watch for millions of pounds.

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:32 pm

Hallwood wrote:
The Magnificent 7 wrote: It's a bit like OFAH, I was really excited when I heard they were bringing it back, but in hindsight I wish it had never happened as the final three episodes were not to the standard that we had become accustomed to from such a great programme.
For me, Only Fools finished when Del, Rodney and Uncle Albert walked off into the sunset in 1996 after they sold the watch for millions of pounds.
I've always thought the same. My ending is walking off into the sunshine. Mind you, I reckon David Jason will do a cracking job of the new 'Open All Hours' because he's a natural top rate actor. But he's not in charge of the writing so lets hope they've had the sense to let him 'interfere' so to speak.

BarryTaylor
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by BarryTaylor » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:29 am

This is why I think it'll work, Jason is a brilliant actor and I am sure Arkwright/Barker will get a respectful mention or two.

This is nothing new for the Beeb, I remembered last night that they brought back 'To the Manor Born' for a one off in 2007.
Ben Adams

Midlands based Fan.
Drives an "automatic Metro"....

Hallwood
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hallwood » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:35 pm

RHill wrote:
Hallwood wrote:
I've always thought the same. My ending is walking off into the sunshine. Mind you, I reckon David Jason will do a cracking job of the new 'Open All Hours' because he's a natural top rate actor. But he's not in charge of the writing so lets hope they've had the sense to let him 'interfere' so to speak.
There's no doubt David Jason is one of the best British actors ever. But that Royal Bodyguard thing he did last year was bad enough to get television banned. Hopefully the new Open All Hours won't be as bad as that.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:32 am

I look forward to it to see what Granville ended up like, there will be a load of magic missing though without Mr Barker.
OP

poxeymoxey
Plumber
Plumber

Post by poxeymoxey » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:29 am

This could be interesting to see. Won't be the same without the amazing RB though. Hope they use Stephanie Cole as the "black widow" again! Pity Kathy Staff no longer with us just to tell Granville "You're Weird!" It cracked me up that bit!

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:32 am

Love that Jamaican ginger cake me. As long as I can get in a plain paper bag that is.

BarryTaylor
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by BarryTaylor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:57 pm

poxeymoxey wrote:This could be interesting to see. Won't be the same without the amazing RB though. Hope they use Stephanie Cole as the "black widow" again! Pity Kathy Staff no longer with us just to tell Granville "You're Weird!" It cracked me up that bit!

I believe Stephanie Cole isn't working at the moment, her brother tragically died recently and she left Coronation Street immediatly to be with her family.
Ben Adams

Midlands based Fan.
Drives an "automatic Metro"....

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hedley Irwin » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Breaking Away wrote:Love that Jamaican ginger cake me. As long as I can get in a plain paper bag that is.
Due to a shortage, it's restricted to one per customer
I need some slippers, and some soap