Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Spender

Come and have a 'quiet' chat with the lads about anything from 'The scandal of unregistered old peoples homes' to 'simone signoret' films..... :P
Warning: This section contains adult language!

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

User avatar
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5823
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:26 pm
Location: Thornley Manor, Derbyshire
Contact:
Status: Offline

Spender

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:57 pm

I've been watching Spender on a very well known website which hosts videos etc, and I have to say, it was top quality TV. Why this is not out on DVD but Crocodile Shoes is I don't know.

Watching it from Series 3 onwards and its simple TV but brilliantly written and played perfectly by Jimmy and Sammy as Spender and Stick.

I'm thinking of starting a campaign to get this released on DVD, as it needs doing!

DS
Image

Howard Radcliff
Architect
Architect
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:49 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Spender

Post by Howard Radcliff » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:57 pm

Agreed! Where do I sign????
Image

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:46 am
Location: The shitehouses of the Loire
Status: Offline

Re: Spender

Post by AlreetPal » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:51 am

Some bloke many years ago did DVD copies of all the series, plus the special. The quality wasn't great but always worth a watch. Watching him in his Cossie made me go buy one myself loike. :oops:
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.


We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer
Posts: 1833
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:14 am
Location: West London, near Oz's original flat!
Status: Offline

Re: Spender

Post by HerrPfister » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:17 am

Totally agree. I have 2 or 3 episodes that I recorded on VHS when they were on, but i'd love to se the whole 9 yards again. Wish i'd recorded them all at the time, given the perceived lack of availability now...
Image

dan slider
Gaffer
Gaffer
Posts: 786
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:24 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Spender

Post by dan slider » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:42 am

I watched them last summer and it is great TV, some great stories and performances throughout.
It should be on DVD.
Image
Hey thats a canny jumper man!

User avatar
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5823
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:26 pm
Location: Thornley Manor, Derbyshire
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Spender

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:59 pm

It had the full package, including the theme tune which I cannot get out of my bloody head now!

Image

User avatar
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5823
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:26 pm
Location: Thornley Manor, Derbyshire
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Spender

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:00 pm

AlreetPal wrote:Some bloke many years ago did DVD copies of all the series, plus the special. The quality wasn't great but always worth a watch. Watching him in his Cossie made me go buy one myself loike. :oops:
At first I thought you meant swimming cossie.... :o :shock:
Image

aufpetfan84
Plasterer
Plasterer
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:49 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Spender

Post by aufpetfan84 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:51 pm

I set up a fan page on facebook a bit ago

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spender/ ... 62?fref=ts

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:46 am
Location: The shitehouses of the Loire
Status: Offline

Re: Spender

Post by AlreetPal » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:10 pm

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:
AlreetPal wrote:Some bloke many years ago did DVD copies of all the series, plus the special. The quality wasn't great but always worth a watch. Watching him in his Cossie made me go buy one myself loike. :oops:
At first I thought you meant swimming cossie.... :o :shock:
Ya duck egg. :D I mean this, which infuriatingly has been parked for the 10+ years on someone's drive a few miles from me and has never moved.

Image
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.


We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

User avatar
Howay
Brickie
Brickie
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 12:52 pm
Location: Having a quick pint with Terry Leather
Status: Offline

Re: Spender

Post by Howay » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:30 am

Yes, it does seem odd that they never released it for home viewing - it was a cracking programme that.

I did wonder whether Jimmy Nail might have vetoed it in the same way that Martin Shaw held out against repeats of the Professionals back in the day but that seems unlikely given the repeat fees which might come the way of the Sammy Johnson charity.

On a related topic I have a copy of the novel written to accompany the series somewhere - it was quite a good read as I recall..
"Hello playmates"

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:46 am
Location: The shitehouses of the Loire
Status: Offline

Re: Spender

Post by AlreetPal » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Howay wrote:Yes, it does seem odd that they never released it for home viewing - it was a cracking programme that.

I did wonder whether Jimmy Nail might have vetoed it in the same way that Martin Shaw held out against repeats of the Professionals back in the day but that seems unlikely given the repeat fees which might come the way of the Sammy Johnson charity.

On a related topic I have a copy of the novel written to accompany the series somewhere - it was quite a good read as I recall..
The book was just as good as the series, definately.
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.


We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

aufpetfan84
Plasterer
Plasterer
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:49 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Spender

Post by aufpetfan84 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Started watching these again got them all off a site a few years back decent quality from video tapes converted to dvd

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:46 am
Location: The shitehouses of the Loire
Status: Offline

Re: Spender

Post by AlreetPal » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Saw the cosworth again today. It's slowly being destroyed by the weather, rear bumper is starting to peel. A sorry state now I'm afraid. :(
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.


We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

User avatar
Howay
Brickie
Brickie
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 12:52 pm
Location: Having a quick pint with Terry Leather
Status: Offline

Re: Spender

Post by Howay » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:20 pm

AlreetPal wrote:Saw the cosworth again today. It's slowly being destroyed by the weather, rear bumper is starting to peel. A sorry state now I'm afraid. :(
That is a real shame indeed.

Is it on the same reg plates as in the photo - presuming it has plates on it, that is..?
"Hello playmates"

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:46 am
Location: The shitehouses of the Loire
Status: Offline

Re: Spender

Post by AlreetPal » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Yep, still on same plates.
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.


We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

Post Reply