Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Noel Gallaghers HFB

Come and have a 'quiet' chat with the lads about anything from 'The scandal of unregistered old peoples homes' to 'simone signoret' films..... :P
Warning: This section contains adult language!

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Noel Gallaghers HFB

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:41 pm

I'm a huge fan of Noels from his days in that band Oasis.
Anyway, loving his new track, got a great feel and banging vibe to it. I think with this song he has moved on quite a bit, I mean its obviously him and will always sound like him, but this is a great song, video is also er great.

Discuss.

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Noel Gallaghers HFB

Post by Lou » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:26 pm

Good that. Always liked them. Bit of an eighties vibe going on there in parts. Nice.
Not too sure about the red trousers though! He's always been a bit of a troll in the looks dept, but seems to have improved a bit with age. At least he's sorted them eyebrows out at last!

Liked it ;)

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:50 pm

Big fan of Noel and love most of his stuff but like most musicians he's getting patchier as the years roll on. I heard this one the other day and thought it sounded like a load of bits of his previous songs all bolted together. And the less said about his red trousers in the promo, the better.

(Red fucken trousers :evil: :evil: )

Edit - haha I didnt see Lou had also posted about those awful strides :D
Last edited by Musta bin Elbowed on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:54 pm

Oasis were a big obsession of mine, I guess growing up in the 90's and being late teens early 20's they were my 'Soundtrack' to use a rubbish cliche. I was in the US when I bought What's The Story and I can remember first listening and thinking, 'My God, this is it...!' The sound of that album and whole feel of it coming out 95/96 is something that will stay with me forever. They really did rule the UK scene for a couple of years, before the slow decline started.

I admire Noel and think he writes some fantastic tunes, and some that are not my cup of tea, but thats the same with every band I guess. I never really got into Beady Eye, I didn't like the sound they were trying to go for, a kind of 60's feel to their music, which I couldn't gel with. I have a couple of boxes of collectable Oasis stuff, I used to buy all the promos etc, like I said, I was obsessed!

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:55 pm

Probably be on soccer am in the morning.

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:07 pm

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:I was in the US when I bought What's The Story and I can remember first listening and thinking, 'My God, this is it...!'
The job I had at that time, I would get a lot of promo albums weeks ahead of release. Morning Glory was one such record, so when I first heard it it was before everyone was really raving about what a great record it is, so I didnt really know what to expect from it. I remember listening to it for the first time after dinner that evening. First couple of tracks I enjoyed, but I then distinctly remember doing the washing up as Wonderwall played and thinking 'Shit, this is a cracking song' - then Don't Look Back in Anger played and I stopped the washing up and skipped it back to listen again - I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing, it was an instant classic song the moment I heard it. Of course, the rest of the album was amazing too, but I dont think I'll ever forget standing in my flat washing up and hearing '...Anger' for the first time - it truly knocked my socks off, I was gobsmacked at that amazing chorus. Still am, if I'm honest - it's an incredible song.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:12 pm

You hit the nail on the head!

I saw one of the jars you see in the Booklet with the little blue gadgie in it in Selfridges a few weeks back, and said to my wife look!....She had no idea what I was on about, but I'll pick one up one day...
Attachments
Oasis Jar.jpg
Oasis Jar.jpg (16.14 KiB) Viewed 2147 times

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:20 pm

I never had the booklet cos I never bought a proper copy. Still got the promo though - in a cardboard scratch sleeve with blank spaces for Swamp Song on the tracklisting (dunno if they just hadn't named it when the promos were pressed or what).

Thought it would be worth something one day. Fat chance with eBay, it probably sells for about a fiver on there.

aid9
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by aid9 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Big fan of oasis, But in my opinion Noel should have gone solo in about 2006, His own work is far better than what Oasis where producing for their last album Dig out your soul. Loving his solo stuff.

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:03 am

Oi oi Lee - heard his new album yet? What a dog's dinner :(

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:19 pm

Watched oasis on sky arts the other day. Bring back Liam

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by AlreetPal » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:41 pm

Musta bin Elbowed wrote:Big fan of Noel and love most of his stuff but like most musicians he's getting patchier as the years roll on. I heard this one the other day and thought it sounded like a load of bits of his previous songs all bolted together. And the less said about his red trousers in the promo, the better.

(Red fucken trousers :evil: :evil: )

Edit - haha I didnt see Lou had also posted about those awful strides :D
Red trousers, almost as bad as red sunglasses eh? Decent tune mind.
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.

We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

racesgirl2000
Boozer
Boozer

Post by racesgirl2000 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:14 pm

I'm not sure about this band but my faves from them are if I Had a Gun and in the Heat of the Moment
Oi oi, what's the word then