Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Brexit

Come and have a 'quiet' chat with the lads about anything from 'The scandal of unregistered old peoples homes' to 'simone signoret' films..... :P
Warning: This section contains adult language!

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Brexit

Post by Tracy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:58 pm

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:Yes I agree, and who knows what lies ahead. We have to hope it's a better future, one we can live with.
A better future for you all. That is your fervent hope. :D

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:12 pm

One thing I read today and would also like to see is a general election. Until the EU vote I had never or even wanted to vote before. I've never believed in anything as much as to want to vote, but if we can now I think really big changes can be made.

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:16 am

Ironic really isn't it? I mean here we are.....on an aufpet website....arguing about the merits of Britain being in Europe like its a bad idea...

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:25 am

It's like rain on your wedding day.....

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:35 am

Aye, it figures !

rodoz
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by rodoz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:18 pm

Hope no one's arguing, more like having a discussion in the pub after a few 'power shandys'.

For those feeling depressed and listless following the historic Brexit vote, our friendly European neighbours appeared to have come up with a solution.
A group of wags in Spain appeared to have hung a massive banner reading: "British refugees welcome" in the capital Madrid.
The glad tidings could be seen dangling from the iconic palace in Plaza de Cibeles in Madrid.
But despite the picture circulating widely on social media, it turned out to be an elaborate hoax.

Meanwhile a petition calling for a second EU referendum is close to 2.5 MILLION signatures - more than doubling the highest signed in parliamentary history.
The enormous surge followed the initial 100,000 signatures which were created in a bid to get London Mayor Sadiq Khan to declare the capital as independent.
All the signatures must be from the over70's reminiscing about the last time part of London was independent from the rest of the UK.
This was in 'Passport to Pimlico' a true 'classic British comedy' made in 1949.
Will Britains future include the re opening of Ealing studios !!!!!!!!!, Can't say i would relish that. Anyone else remember these 'classics' and no, I'm not that old.

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Still, at least we've got our country back. Christ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/e ... edition=uk

rodoz
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by rodoz » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Well, a month has passed since the vote and a lot has happened.
The new PM has impressed in the short time she has been in power, but is appointing Boris as Foreign Secretary a stroke of genius or is he a walking time bomb.
One things for sure, he's a great ambassador for the 'Great British sense of humour'
The American press have made him squirm nearly as much as Paul Merton & Ian Heslop did on 'HIGNFY'

GatesheadRevisited
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by GatesheadRevisited » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:57 am

I could have voted, they hassled me to vote. But I live in Australia and I didn't think it right that someone who no longer lives in the UK should be able to vote. That decision belongs to the people who live there.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:04 am

GatesheadRevisited wrote:I could have voted, they hassled me to vote. But I live in Australia and I didn't think it right that someone who no longer lives in the UK should be able to vote. That decision belongs to the people who live there.
A democratic decision loike ?

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:43 am

GatesheadRevisited wrote:I could have voted, they hassled me to vote. But I live in Australia and I didn't think it right that someone who no longer lives in the UK should be able to vote. That decision belongs to the people who live there.
Good for you fella. My sister lives in Sydney and I had the mother of all arguments with her prior to the referendum when she told me she and her husband were voting out. She just didnt seem to understand that as someone who no longer lives here its none of her damn business whether we're in the EU or not. I also thought it ironic that having escaped the country and emigrated abroad she was now voting to hinder others who want to do the same.

We havent spoken since :evil: It's a shame not everyone has your ability to remain impartial, but I thank you for your common sense

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:29 pm

I know this Brexit caused some serious arguments among friends and family, not mine. I don't talk to them anyway so falling out would be impossible.

Moving on.....

A friend on Facebook was getting really wound up and firing off about those who voted out. It was ended with them saying, we should respect how people voted, that's what makes our country great, that we have the chance to decide......basically forget it, we're not arguing or falling out over something so trivial.....

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:38 pm

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:we're not arguing or falling out over something so trivial.....
Trivial? Trivial?!!! :o This will be the biggest upheaval in this country for 40 years and will affect the lives of every single person living here. One thing it's not is trivial. Those who voted for it must bear the responsibility for that and not try to make it all go away by pretending it doesnt really matter.

Musta bin Elbowed wrote:We havent spoken since :evil:
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:I know this Brexit caused some serious arguments among friends and family
Well would yee be with her afta that lot?! :mrgreen:

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:51 pm

What ya getting so excited aboot man?