Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

New Zealand earthquake

Come and have a 'quiet' chat with the lads about anything from 'The scandal of unregistered old peoples homes' to 'simone signoret' films..... :P
Warning: This section contains adult language!

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

New Zealand earthquake

Post by Lou » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:42 pm

God just seen on twitter there's been a huge earthquake near Christchurch apparently everyone has to evacuate because a massive tsunami is imminent! Hope Tracy and ba r ok.

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: New Zealand earthquake

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Sure they're alright. I mean if anything was really bad we would have heard about it already wouldn't we

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi yas. All ok in Christchurch. BIG shake but centred further up the Island where there is huge damage. Big aftershocks. Tsunami threat came to nothing so far. No sleep as friend who was evaquated needed to come and stay. Just had all clear. Off to work soon, going to be an interesting day. Have a drink for me, cheers !

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:48 pm

God lad Tracy. Ya must be knackered.

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:20 pm

Just glad you are both okay

Timmy
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Timmy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:29 am

The Shaky Isles. Part in parcel of living in NZ.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:36 am

Got through me shift ok. Two of the morning crew could not get in, so there was a ton of rubbish to shift and I enjoyed getting stuck into it. Took care of the first 3 hours.
I've seen the tv and yes, it was a massive bastard shake. 7.5 at 15 k deep. That is very shallow for such a beast. As you will have seen, the damage is huge. Poor buggars ! So I will have me dinner and crash. Hope for a peaceful neet.
Has this 'supermoon' got anything to do with it ? "You tell me Bomber, you tell me."

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:29 am

My mrs's brother and wife are in a place called 'Lincoln' and they were ok... and to think the country is only just getting over the 2011 bloody quake!! Glad BA and Tracy are fine..
OP

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:21 pm

Yup, we is fine. Me in Christchurch and BA up Auckland way. The Kaikoura region is copping the hundreds of aftershocks that will turn into thousands as it goes with the territory after such a big event. And many of those have been and will be BIG shakes. You don't get used to it so much as learn to cope. But I well remember the terror and when we got the big ripple on Monday morning, that terror was fast to return. I knew some poor buggars were hit with something really big.
I cant understand some tourists though. People died in this, many have lost their homes and business'. Lives have been changed forever and yet there are still some who whine over being stuck in the middle of it all. They are getting the ultimate Kiwi experience and all they can do is bitch about it ! AGA BLOODY DOO !!!