Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Did Neville and Brenda split up?

Questions in here...

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Magowan
Plumber
Plumber

Did Neville and Brenda split up?

Post by Magowan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:31 pm

At the end of the specials, when Neville was asked what Brenda thought of him going to Germany, he replies "She just said 'Auf Wiedersehen, Pet'." From how he said it and considering how their relationship was like when the show returned, I'm not sure whether they split up or not.
GET BAAAAAAAACK!

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Re: Did Neville and Brenda split up?

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:45 pm

I think its meant to be as a friendly comment because he was heading to Germany once more, nothing more... If it was a case of splitting up then Neville wouldnt be there would he as he would be trying to get Brenda back.. it was just a friendly goodbye for now..
OP

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:56 pm

I think it was a comment on how much their lives had changed. Series 1, Episode 1 and it was all "I doont wanna go to Germany, ya kna that !" "Oh I'll miss you, ya will write wont ya Neville ?" Now, a million years and one life-time later, with grown up daughters and Nev having worked all over the world, even working as a spy and being kidnapped and Brenda's empowerment, it was simply a case of another chapter being written in their lives. Separated for a few months but now with cell phones and modern technology, cilicone valleys and bigger tits, her parting comment was a simple resignation to the assignation for the situation. Life just went on. And didnt it work well ?! Made all me follicles come loose !

DiventFret
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by DiventFret » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:23 pm

I reckon if you are jobbing abroad, you get used to separate lives, that's all.

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:37 am

Tracy wrote:I think it was a comment on how much their lives had changed. Series 1, Episode 1 and it was all "I doont wanna go to Germany, ya kna that !" "Oh I'll miss you, ya will write wont ya Neville ?" Now, a million years and one life-time later, with grown up daughters and Nev having worked all over the world, even working as a spy and being kidnapped and Brenda's empowerment, it was simply a case of another chapter being written in their lives. Separated for a few months but now with cell phones and modern technology, cilicone valleys and bigger tits, her parting comment was a simple resignation to the assignation for the situation. Life just went on. And didnt it work well ?! Made all me follicles come loose !
That's a moot point that is. That's very moot!

I always just thought it was a sweet and brilliant way to engineer the last line. But you're right, it also shows how Brenda and Nev's relationship - which for me was the cornerstone of the first few episodes (it was the main plot of those early ones really) - has completely changed and they've evolved as a couple.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Stay in touch ?! He Skyped her at Darlington man !

Fitzherbert
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by Fitzherbert » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:48 pm

Think it could've made more opportunities for her to play badminton with doctors, and squash with Ali, the singular Egyptian doctor...or maybe even consider strippin' as her body's not too bad even in S4 !
Awwww! me toast!

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:19 pm

Brenda ? Strippin ? Neva ! Where and how do I get front row tickets ???