Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Series 3 Music

Questions in here...

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Mr Bronson's Brother
Brickie
Brickie

Series 3 Music

Post by Mr Bronson's Brother » Mon May 13, 2013 10:02 am

Hi,
I think I may be alone on this but I am a huge fan of the music used throughout series 3.
Not just the Wye Aye Man song but everything from the opening piece to the re-cap music used in every episode from 2 onwards and all of the incidental music.

I've searched high and low for a release but have had no joy in finding it. I can't even find any reference to the music to be honest.

Does anyone here have any info about the music or details about a soundtrack release?

Thanks in advance,

BB

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Series 3 Music

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon May 13, 2013 11:26 am

No sadly this has never been released as something you can purchase.
It would be difficult to ask the BBC to let us have anything also, because of who owns what..
I am currently doing something with ITV, and they cannot let me have anything the lads did with Central! By that I mean interviews etc.
It's tough to get answers, but I will pop an Email to the Beeb, see if I can get a reply.

Mr Bronson's Brother
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Mr Bronson's Brother » Mon May 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:No sadly this has never been released as something you can purchase.
It would be difficult to ask the BBC to let us have anything also, because of who owns what..
I am currently doing something with ITV, and they cannot let me have anything the lads did with Central! By that I mean interviews etc.
It's tough to get answers, but I will pop an Email to the Beeb, see if I can get a reply.
Ok, thanks! BB

Fergie in Aberdeen
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Fergie in Aberdeen » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:44 pm

You're not alone! I absolutely love all the series 3 music, from the main intro themes, the incidental music and of course the classic Why Aye Man. I feel it really adds to the series and it would be great to have the music.

That opening sequence in series 3 episode 1 was spine-tingling. Like the start of a western, the shot of the Grand Canyon, and THOSE names appearing one by one on screen... After all the waiting, here were the lads back together again. Magical. Can't believe it was 11 years ago now like!

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:07 pm

Fergie in Aberdeen wrote:You're not alone! I absolutely love all the series 3 music, from the main intro themes, the incidental music and of course the classic Why Aye Man. I feel it really adds to the series and it would be great to have the music.

That opening sequence in series 3 episode 1 was spine-tingling. Like the start of a western, the shot of the Grand Canyon, and THOSE names appearing one by one on screen... After all the waiting, here were the lads back together again. Magical. Can't believe it was 11 years ago now like!
You hit the nail on the head, still gives me chills.........

Mr Bronson's Brother
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Mr Bronson's Brother » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:12 am

Fergie in Aberdeen wrote:You're not alone! I absolutely love all the series 3 music, from the main intro themes, the incidental music and of course the classic Why Aye Man. I feel it really adds to the series and it would be great to have the music.

Agreed 8-)

Shankly
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Shankly » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:23 pm

I wonder why the didn't use Why Aye Man for S4?
I suppose they had different music each series but that song was great.

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:39 pm

Shankly wrote:I wonder why the didn't use Why Aye Man for S4?
Maybe they realised it was bloody awful ;) :mrgreen:

I prefer the S4 theme anyway - much more befitting of the location. In fact I prefer all of S4's credits to the S3 ones - I hated the Den recap at the start each episode in S3, and the 'coming next week' clips at the end of each felt too American and 'un-Pet'. S4 had great drama and the endings to match.

Fitzherbert
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by Fitzherbert » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:24 am

Befitting of the location is as much as the superb MK Why Aye Man song in entirety related to Series 1 as oposed to 3? As a mega Knopfler and AWP fan I for one was made up - as Moxey would say - when his song was used for S3. As an aside, Joe Fagin's guitarist always tried to sound like MK IMHO - not that anyone could mind! :)
Awwww! me toast!

Fitzherbert
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by Fitzherbert » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:25 am

Plus Why Aye man Had Dennis and Oz on it!
Awwww! me toast!

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:34 pm

If they'd used the whole song maybe, but instead they just used that 'chorus' bit that frankly gets on my tits after a few listens :shock: