Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

How old were the Lads in Series 1

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Chrish2017
Brickie
Brickie

How old were the Lads in Series 1

Post by Chrish2017 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:25 am

This is just Curiosity on my part, But i often wondered. We know Bomber was the oldest, But Neville has been highlighted on the show as the Young one. Yet in real life Kevin Whately is older then Tim Healy and Jimmy Nail etc. Also when its Oz Funeral at the start of Series 3 he was born in 1958, Makes him the same age has Neville (Who gave his DOB in Series 1 to the Nurse). I wouldn't have thought Oz was the same age, I believe Barry would.

Shankly
Carpenter
Carpenter

Re: How old were the Lads in Series 1

Post by Shankly » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:33 pm

Oz wasn't originally born in 58 as far as I knew, that only appeared in S3. His age was never mentioned in S1 but I always put him as older. In S2 Rob was about 10 so if Oz was born in 58 he'd have only been about 17 when Rod was born.
Nev was 25 and Dennis was supposed to be 10 years older.

Chrish2017
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Chrish2017 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:17 am

Heres what there ages were (IMO)

Bomber 44
Wayne 27
Neville 25
Oz 30
Dennis 35
Barry 26
Moxey 27

Pete M
Electrician
Electrician

Post by Pete M » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:20 am

Hi
Hope these few memories may help.
In the Fred Taylor novels of series 1 and 2, at the start Dennis is said to be 35.
We Know Nevi is ten years younger, as he says so in the hospital when they visit Hedley.
Later in the novel, when Oz has been glassed and Nev enters the bar, more worried about his tattoo than Oz, the lads get the wrong end of the stick when Nev says they couldn't do anything..."He was only 31" says Barry.
Pat Roach said in an interview he had ten years on Dennis which obviously makes him 45.
In the club Wayne says his folks have just had their silver wedding anniversary, and as shotgun weddings seem to be a thing in the Norris family that puts him mid twenties.
In real life if i remember correctly out of the three geordies Nev is born 1951, Den in 52, and Oz in 54.
Not that I'm a fan like!!
Cheers kidda

Hallwood
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hallwood » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:12 am

Nev gives out his date of birth to that German receptionist lady that he (and Wayne) befriended in Series 1.