Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Anyone else thought this ?

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Anyone else thought this ?

Post by Tracy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:04 pm

I only became aware of 'The Special' a few years ago and bought it immediately. I found it very much like Series 3&4, way out there but lots of fun seeing them again. The Wyman character from Series 3 on was genius !!! Having just read Jimmy Nail's book, brought it at a car boot for $1, I understand some of the whys and wherefores. But in 'The Special', when Dennis read Bomber's letter and they said "goodbye", I cried my eyes out !!! Even now, I think lovingly of Pat Roach and Bomber; "I transgressed myself but theres a cost !" Oh dear, how those words are sooo painfully true !!! When he died, my local newspaper said it all; 'Auf Wiedersehen Pat !'

gazzaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gazzaway » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:33 pm

Interesting point ,
Personally i think the boat was intercepted at Tangiers port and they were all arrested and the boat impounded . The embassy were called , all were deported and sent back to the UK . Ali and Kenny were arrested and eventually sent down , Moxey was sent back to serve his sentence adding on another year for absconding .

Denis when hearing Ali had been sent down , shared out the 25 Grand amongst the seven and re married of course this didn't work out as was also the case with Barry's marriage to Hazel . Oz went straight back to Spain to claim his lottery prize then went on a massive bender around the world , eventually ending up back in the UK with nothing .

Bomber of course went back to Bristol to Patsie . For me the interesting one would have been Wayne , what indeed happened to Wayne . Did he go back to Germany as a last ditched attempt to patch things up with Christa or on realizing there was no chance go straight to the Gulf ........ This is another mystery ? , WHAT HAPPENED TO WAYNE FROM GETTING BACK TO THE UK TO HIS DEATH answers on a postcard please .

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:29 am

In Series 3, Barry did mention getting a postcard from him from somewhere, can't remember where at the moment...

'Reet graft!...'

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hedley Irwin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:51 am

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:In Series 3, Barry did mention getting a postcard from him from somewhere, can't remember where at the moment...

'Reet graft!...'
From the Gulf. There's sand everywhere, cant get a drink but there's hundreds of Irish nurses desperate for a shag
I need some slippers, and some soap

dan slider
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by dan slider » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:36 am

All good ideas, i think Gazzaway idea is more plausible but most admit Traceys ideas would be more fun!
Hey thats a canny jumper man!

racesgirl2000
Boozer
Boozer

Post by racesgirl2000 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:19 pm

Lynchy wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:38 pm
Interesting reading the responses ! I'm not alone then

I agree in series 3 that the writers needed to appeal to new viewers asap and respect that.

As a firm fan I also would love to have found out what happened next.........For me, I would like Vicki and Oz to have stayed together and grown in a lovely irresponsible way with the lottery win being the springboard for them. (how gorgeous was Vicki by the way !?) Perhaps Barry could have been the one to bring the lads together again after breaking one of the urns by accident moving out from Hazel. And being very depressed. I always thought with Wayne that there could be loads of kids from Germany and England finding each other ! There would be room for humour and real drama there.Especially when his death would have to be addressed at some point. He was / is so sorely missed.
On a romantic note, perhaps Dagmar could have sought out Dennis for their own reunion. I would have thought Dennis would have his own builders / trade yard and Neville could have worked for him. Moxey could have stayed in Spain for a good while then returning over 10 years later, again, plenty of comedy drama moments with him thinking he still needed to evade plod......yet finding out very late on that his sentence had expired and there was no need to worry !
Bill Paterson is a great actor and played Ali so well. Somehow, it would have been wonderful to see him again. Down on his luck completely ? and needing help himself ?
That sounds like a cue for a fanfic if you ask me
Oi oi, what's the word then