Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Best Episode Ending

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Best Episode Ending

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:24 pm

Whilst putting the Gary Holton Video together, I was watching most of the episodes in about 10 minutes, by skimming through them. I did laugh a lot and noticed how great some of the endings were. If I had to choose the best ever ending to an episode, and the very last episode of the lads on the ferry ganning back to Germany might bring it full circle, and is just the best way to end Pet in my mid, even if the episodes were totally different, that ending is just fantastic!....but doesn't count really.

Anyway, if I had to choose one it would have to be the end of 'No Sex Please We're Brickies'.
From the point of Ally turning up at Thornley Manor and Dennis yelling at Oz, "I don't want a lunatic like you in there pissed..." to the lads singing down the phone to Pringle, its just a fantastic ending and rounds off the Thornely episodes just brilliantly.

Discuss at your leisure....

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Best Episode Ending

Post by RHill » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:03 pm

Seeing Dennis chase Oz out of the amenities hut (carsey you berk) at the end of Private Lives is such a good ending after all the trouble Oz caused after his practical joke. Also the only ending where I just wished the episode would continue for another half-hour as it was such a classic episode. "Dennis man, what's got into ya?"

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hedley Irwin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:45 pm

"And if this wasn't Spain, Albert Arthur Moxey, alias Brendan Mulcahy, arsonist and absconder, your arse would be well and truly nicked."
I need some slippers, and some soap

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:51 pm

Series 1; "Whose Lotte ?"
Series 2; Hedley's choice as above.

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:07 pm

RHill wrote:Seeing Dennis chase Oz out of the amenities hut (carsey you berk) at the end of Private Lives is such a good ending after all the trouble Oz caused after his practical joke. Also the only ending where I just wished the episode would continue for another half-hour as it was such a classic episode. "Dennis man, what's got into ya?"
"It's f-f-f-free now!" :lol:

terryleather
Boozer
Boozer

Post by terryleather » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:11 pm

Terry...Terry Leather!

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by AlreetPal » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:06 pm

Hedley Irwin wrote:"And if this wasn't Spain, Albert Arthur Moxey, alias Brendan Mulcahy, arsonist and absconder, your arse would be well and truly nicked."
^This, plus when they chase Wayne round the car park of The Barley Mow. Wonder what they did when they caught him.
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.

We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:36 pm

AlreetPal wrote:when they chase Wayne round the car park of The Barley Mow. Wonder what they did when they caught him.
He looked like he was about to take a spirit level to the heed :lol:

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:42 am

[quote="Musta bin Elbowed"][quote="AlreetPal"]when they chase Wayne round the car park of The Barley Mow. Wonder what they did when they caught him.[/quote]

He looked like he was about to take a spirit level to the heed :lol:[/quote]

I like the way all 6 chase him - including Barry. I've once visualised (after the screen freezes) that Barry eventually becomes the only one who chases Wayne after the others give up - and Barry isn't aware that he's now on his own. Wayne stops and stares at Barry. Wayne starts chasing Barry and the lads see Barry run back.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:53 am

RHill wrote:
Musta bin Elbowed wrote:
AlreetPal wrote:when they chase Wayne round the car park of The Barley Mow. Wonder what they did when they caught him.
He looked like he was about to take a spirit level to the heed :lol:
I like the way all 6 chase him - including Barry. I've once visualised (after the screen freezes) that Barry eventually becomes the only one who chases Wayne after the others give up - and Barry isn't aware that he's now on his own. Wayne stops and stares at Barry. Wayne starts chasing Barry and the lads see Barry run back.
I can just hear the Benny Hill music with that one !

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:06 pm

I think my favourite ending is where Wayne gets Pringle just where the lads want him with the video!! The reaction of the lads when first spotting him with Pee Wee is priceless, and the pub scene rounds it off nicely... because it looked for a short time that Pringle had found a way of keeping 'You people' out of his pub, just for it to be thrown straight back at him with the video evidence.. and Pringle knows it too!
OP

shirley pollard
Knitting AWP Fan
Knitting AWP Fan

Post by shirley pollard » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:03 pm

wall meet again.........

that's a canny jumper man !

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:22 am

Oz seeing Rod off on the bus with an "Auf Wiedersehen, son" is the most poignant. Always brings a tear to even my cynical old eye :cry:

Magowan
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Magowan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:11 pm

The ending to "The Girls They Left Behind" was good in where Oz's wife finally gets some money returned to her. Loved the ending to "Private Lives" as well.
GET BAAAAAAAACK!

aufpetfan84
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by aufpetfan84 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:38 pm

AWP Corsa Tim wrote:I think my favourite ending is where Wayne gets Pringle just where the lads want him with the video!! The reaction of the lads when first spotting him with Pee Wee is priceless, and the pub scene rounds it off nicely... because it looked for a short time that Pringle had found a way of keeping 'You people' out of his pub, just for it to be thrown straight back at him with the video evidence.. and Pringle knows it too!
Mr Arthur Tiger Pringle, This is your life! Da, Da, Daaa, Daaa