Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Room 612 - You Decide!

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Room 612 - You Decide!

Post by HerrPfister » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:29 pm

Lou wrote:Too long, too many split ends........
My hair? Nice of you to say so, pet!

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:36 pm

No Brenda's!
I also think Neville calling trainers "sneakers" needs to go in.
Never understood why he would say it , I've only ever heard Americans call them sneakers.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:18 pm

Herbgarden wrote:May be controversial this like, but 'The accused'. The whole episode. Bung it in. From a personal point of view it doesn't add to the series at all. It drags on for me & I've *whispers* been known to skip it while watching the boxset.
I know Nev was a kind bloke & wouldn't want to upset anyone, but I doubt even HE would go out of the bar with Bettina (?).

Nice one Herbgarden, you've hit the nail on the head bonny lad!

For those who might be a bit confused by this thread, I will try and explain a little.

I know we all love the show, "we wouldn't be here if I didn't!", but we have never really gone into what we don't like. Take for instance, myself who steers this ship, I have many things that niggle me about it, a few scenes that I feel could be different, an odd character that could be ditched or changed, that's the point.

I always felt The Accused was a great episode, but would Nev really go off with Bettina after flying in from the UK, getting a taxi from the airport to the hut, and then another taxi to the bar. He's there 5 minutes and then he's off back out again, with a bird he's just met?! I always thought that was really weird, and never really took to it.

To be controversial, wouldn't putting Wayne in that situation with Bettina been better, and made a more interesting episode? We all know as a viewer being 6 episodes in by this point that Wayne was bit of a lad, and watching it back with Herr Norris being in that situation, as a viewer wouldn't we be like, "Well he might have done it..."

I guess what I'm trying to say is, be controversial, and get stuck in!

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:19 pm

Lou wrote:No Brenda's!
I also think Neville calling trainers "sneakers" needs to go in.
Never understood why he would say it , I've only ever heard Americans call them sneakers.
Sneakers? PL

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:12 pm

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:To be controversial, wouldn't putting Wayne in that situation with Bettina been better, and made a more interesting episode?
Cant see that working. The point of it being Nev was he's the weakest, the most vulnerable and with the most to lose in that situation. Brenda finding out and coming over added to the shit he was in. Wayne would have taken the whole thing in his stride and suffered no real consequences. Plus I doubt the lads would have been so determined to get Wayne off the hook as they were with Nev. And it fleshed out Brenda's character and made a nice connection between her and Dennis.

Yeah the plot contrivance is a bit much but surely that's just one of those 'things that make you go hmm'. I don't think the whole episode is invalid cos of a clumsy set-up.

If we're talking clumsy set-ups/random episode plot/unlikely and daft scenarios, most of Last Rites takes the biscuit on that score.

terryleather
Boozer
Boozer

Post by terryleather » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:43 pm

Yeah,they would never have fitted Hedley on top of all that "corn" in a coffin that size.
I must add that any errors in AWP have never in any way detracted from my enjoyment and admiration and esteem I hold for it.

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by AlreetPal » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:12 pm

RHill wrote:Mr Wagstaff? Would you put Ingrid in room 612? It's just a bit of fun that Lee has thought of. He wants debates. It's not disrespectful to the actress or the writers. It's not as if Lee wants to kidnap Christine Garner by forcing a bin liner over her head and shove her in his cellar. Just a game, roight?

:lol:
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.

We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Nev and Betina; it was just all too rushed. If the scene had Den and Nev joining the lads and having a few jars, the entertainment of Betina and the boyfriend rowing in the background, then Nev saying to Den he was tired and wanted an early night, that would have worked for me. But the 5 minutes and "dropped meself right in it", thats what I saw as the only glitch in the episode. HOWEVER, metaphorically speaking loike, it didnt wreck the episode. One bad apple dont spoil a whole bunch of girls. In the words of Donny Osmond ... :roll:

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by AlreetPal » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Herbgarden wrote:May be controversial this like, but 'The accused'. The whole episode. Bung it in. From a personal point of view it doesn't add to the series at all. It drags on for me & I've *whispers* been known to skip it while watching the boxset.
I know Nev was a kind bloke & wouldn't want to upset anyone, but I doubt even HE would go out of the bar with Bettina (?).

Nah, Nev was a sly bugger. He probably had his way with Lotte, always eyeing up the crumpet and would be up Ingrid like a rat up a drainpipe, so was probably wanting a piece of Bettina.
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.

We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:03 pm

terryleather wrote:Christine Chadwick, never took to the character.
Yes I've never really took to her either. She smiles too much.

Herbgarden
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Herbgarden » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:57 am

AlreetPal wrote:

Nah, Nev was a sly bugger. He probably had his way with Lotte, always eyeing up the crumpet and would be up Ingrid like a rat up a drainpipe, so was probably wanting a piece of Bettina.

Perhaps Wayne had given him a few tips like.