Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

I mean, Britain must be pretty desperate...

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Post Reply
User avatar
Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie
Posts: 3079
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:57 pm
Location: New Zealand
Status: Offline

I mean, Britain must be pretty desperate...

Post by Breaking Away » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:23 am

if they preferred New Zealand
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-08-22-21-13-38A.png
Screenshot_2016-08-22-21-13-38A.png (4.02 MiB) Viewed 2213 times
Image

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer
Posts: 2045
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:36 pm
Status: Offline

Re: I mean, Britain must be pretty desperate...

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:13 am

Cannae blame them. I know plenty of people who can see where this is all heading and are looking to get out of the country, myself included (although my emigration plans pre-date the brexit lunacy). Couple of weeks ago at the dentist he told me some of his staff are looking to move to New Zealand - you could be getting all our professionals!

User avatar
Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie
Posts: 3079
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:57 pm
Location: New Zealand
Status: Offline

Re: I mean, Britain must be pretty desperate...

Post by Breaking Away » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:09 am

They would fit in just fine down here. We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.
Image

Timmy
Carpenter
Carpenter
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:12 pm
Location: North Yorkshire
Status: Offline

Re: I mean, Britain must be pretty desperate...

Post by Timmy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:27 am

Media hype from NZ's biggest city's ONLY newspaper.
- where fact and fiction can be quite blurred.

User avatar
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5821
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:26 pm
Location: Thornley Manor, Derbyshire
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: I mean, Britain must be pretty desperate...

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:42 pm

It's all a load of bollocks really ya kna, only going to Skegness!
Image

User avatar
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5821
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:26 pm
Location: Thornley Manor, Derbyshire
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: I mean, Britain must be pretty desperate...

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:52 pm

The media is to blame for a lot of things. In 2008, the big crash, if the media didn't scare everyone shitless with their front pages of 'save your money we're all going to die' scenarios, it wouldn't have been nowhere near as bad as it was! The 'Brexit' is now turning into one huge laughable joke! 2/3 weeks of mass hysteria, and doom and gloom for everyone, same shite 'save your money were all going to die' bollocks. Now, nothing! A couple of inches in the newspapers I reckon, (I don't buy them).

I moved abroad in 2001 for a better life. Anyone who believes life outside the UK is one 'piss up and party' and huge changes will happen and you'll be smiling 24/7 is in for a big shock. I loved those years in Spain because of what it brought me, another daughter. But.....If I had the chance to go back in time to not go in the first place, I wouldn't have.

I'm sure many will disagree, and that's what makes life fun.
Image

User avatar
Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie
Posts: 5830
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:51 am
Status: Offline

Re: I mean, Britain must be pretty desperate...

Post by Tracy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:56 pm

Breaking Away wrote:They would fit in just fine down here. We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.
True, we've got manky pubs and Salt n Vinager crisps ! :P>
Image

User avatar
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5821
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:26 pm
Location: Thornley Manor, Derbyshire
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: I mean, Britain must be pretty desperate...

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:35 pm

You've only gotta look at Germany today! Jesus Christ! Media!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37155060
Image

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer
Posts: 2045
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:36 pm
Status: Offline

Re: I mean, Britain must be pretty desperate...

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:55 am

You're right about the media. I also hold them largely responsible for the poor performances of the England football team at major tournaments during much of the 1990s and 2000s - the pressure put on them to 'deliver' by the media was ludicrous and counter productive. Fortunately in recent years even the media has realised how hopeless we are at football and given up on their false-hope tubthumping where that's concerned.

But...
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:The 'Brexit' is now turning into one huge laughable joke! 2/3 weeks of mass hysteria, and doom and gloom for everyone, same shite 'save your money were all going to die' bollocks. Now, nothing!
You might find this has something to do with the fact that we're still in the EU. The consequences of leaving wont be seen/felt til after we leave. But I know one thing for sure - so far, not one single positive thing has come from the brexit vote. Unless you think its a good thing having Boris as Foreign Secretary, being laughed at/despised by our former allies, a collapsed pound, major businesses preparing to up and leave, having China waiting in the wings to rape our economy for its own benefit, and giving bonehead racist scum the impression they are in 'the majority' so can now walk the streets of the UK telling any brown people to 'go back home'....

Not a country I wanna live in, whether the newspapers are full of shit or not.

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie
Posts: 4857
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 8:52 am
Status: Offline

Re: I mean, Britain must be pretty desperate...

Post by Lou » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:08 pm

Musta bin Elbowed wrote:You're right about the media. I also hold them largely responsible for the poor performances of the England football team at major tournaments during much of the 1990s and 2000s - the pressure put on them to 'deliver' by the media was ludicrous and counter productive. Fortunately in recent years even the media has realised how hopeless we are at football and given up on their false-hope tubthumping where that's concerned.

But...
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:The 'Brexit' is now turning into one huge laughable joke! 2/3 weeks of mass hysteria, and doom and gloom for everyone, same shite 'save your money were all going to die' bollocks. Now, nothing!
You might find this has something to do with the fact that we're still in the EU. The consequences of leaving wont be seen/felt til after we leave. But I know one thing for sure - so far, not one single positive thing has come from the brexit vote. Unless you think its a good thing having Boris as Foreign Secretary, being laughed at/despised by our former allies, a collapsed pound, major businesses preparing to up and leave, having China waiting in the wings to rape our economy for its own benefit, and giving bonehead racist scum the impression they are in 'the majority' so can now walk the streets of the UK telling any brown people to 'go back home'....

Not a country I wanna live in, whether the newspapers are full of shit or not.
I must say that's a fair point and very well argued.......
Image

Post Reply