Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Corsa Tim

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Pete M
Carpenter
Carpenter

Corsa Tim

Post by Pete M » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi all.
I'm still fairly new to this and if anyone has read my posts before they will know that they usually go on for days. So this time I will try and keep it brief.
I realize that Lee is the gaffer on this site, and I haven't yet had dealings with him. I have kept my nose clean and I don't need wet nursing. Well not yet.
But what I want to say is two things. Firstly, just looking at how the hunt for Mrs Chatterley's united us over the last two weeks has given me a right boost to know that I am not on my own in appreciating the series. If you think about it, it's only like people who idolize Shakespeare or Keats or (hmm) Noel Coward. My point being that they are never going to write any more, but their work is still held up as classic writings of genius.
But my point (if there is one) tonight is Tim Wagstaff. I really hope I have got your name right Tim.
Tim's films have been nothing short of a revelation to true AWP fans. He has gone where most of us would fear to tread, he has approached people in a professional manner, gained access to places that nobody would, and been a true ambassador for this website and every respectable Auf Wiedersehen, Pet fan.
I was particularly impressed with Tim's conduct whilst dealing with the new owners of Beesthorpe Hall.
If you watch Tim's films you will find firstly a fan, like myself, that for what ever reason, AWP made a huge impact on his life. But rather than keep it to himself, Tim has decided that he wanted to share that. He might have been subject to ridicule or misunderstanding but the way I see it is without Tim our whole AWP community would be a lot lot poorer.
So, tonight AWP fans, raise a glass to Tim Wagstaff.
Thankyou Tim on behalf of (i hope) many Pet fans.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Corsa Tim

Post by Tracy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:21 pm

Aye, gets my vote and all !!!

Addy
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Addy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Agreed, Most people dream about doing things, other wake up and do them.

I at least am grateful for that.
Rule Britannia, Marmalade & Jam,
5 Chinese crackers up your a**ehole,
Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang!

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:09 am

Well, never thought i would see a topic like this, i put loads of effort into my own bloody site and never had a post like that about me, but with regards to 'AWP' its mainly down to Lee and Richard Hill, along with Mr. Steve Howard.. when i saw on FB via the AWP page that a new site was going online i thought, yes' finally, another one where its going to be newer and more to the point 'in use', at the time i only had pieces' of footage from my first Thornely manor visit, most things i got were pictures, not video, so the thought of a new site made me think i can return to Thornely and this time get loads of footage whilst doing it and try and make a half decent video to show the place off to fans who maybe hadnt seen it..
the rest you know, after that suggestions came saying to get the Barley Mow, and i wasnt sure about the place to be honest, as when visiting in the past its always a weird atmosphere, nothing like shown on screen, but i got the landlord on the phone and carried on, then to Knipton afterwards.. i honestly didnt think so many people would see them, and i didnt think also that i would be filming all other possible places i could find, especially the businesse's.. as you will know there is a few more to go, but at least now we know where they are, my only obstacle at the minute is the airport, as they need an insurance certificate for Public Liability, but apart from that all other locations should be fine, the Jnc25 Holiday Inn on the M1 is still to get back to me, but i think a Surprise 'turn up' to see the GM may help as he said he had no problem himself..

All in all though doing all this is because of ALL here in a way,
Lee, for getting a new site up, and getting bloody loads of stuff never seen before as a bonus,..

Richard Hill for his video's that inspired me to do mine, and the fact he had Steve Howard in one also did it justice because that chap found locations before Google Maps came about years ago..

I did wonder tonight though as to why my name was as a topic, but im glad to have read it and see that people are enjoying whats been done with my video's and the site as a whole.

I only hope it can carry on, and now the snow has possibly gone for a while i can get to that Trout Stream and to other places..

Thanks, Pete, Tracy, and Addy too.. :)
It's all much appreciated.. ill be gutted when ive filmed all locations in Notts, i really will.
OP

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:54 am

You deserve a lot more credit than you think Tim. When I made my videos, it was like: "Quick lets get out of here before somebody comes, that will do for me." You think more for the AWP fans and hang around until it's done properly so the fans get what they want. There is a lot of people out there who don't have the bottle to do that. We are very lucky to have you. :)

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:06 am

Thanks Mr Hill, by the way i got your e mails in the week and they havent been ignored, its been busy for me since last wednesday, which is surprising as i dont work at the mo..
OP

scotsman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by scotsman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:23 am

I agree entirely! It must have been such a blast doing those videos, meeting the owners of the locations, talking to them...seeing all those locations....would have been an epic road trip!

Without these videos we really wouldn't know what half the locations look like now.

Top effort!

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:42 pm

It has been an interesting time, seeing people and hearing old stories.. shame i couldnt get into Denton or Bunny Hall more..
OP

aufpetfan84
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by aufpetfan84 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:24 pm

I would like to echo the comments Tim your videos are fantastic :)

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Thanks.. wait until i get Chatterley's!! would be nice to get in there, but being a house and not a business as such its probably not going to happen..
OP

shirley pollard
Knitting AWP Fan
Knitting AWP Fan

Post by shirley pollard » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:07 pm

i totally agree with you pete.Tims videos are just brilliant!.

that's a canny jumper man !

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:01 pm

Thankyou shirley, with Bunny Hall seeming not to be the place where Nev was dropped off at Sir James's it seems we could have extended the next video a bit more.. plus we still have to find it..
OP

southern mark
Brickie
Brickie

Post by southern mark » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:57 pm

well done Tim i have watched all your videos and there should be a part for you if there ever was a new series
of auf pet you get my vote

mark

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:14 pm

They wouldnt have me!! :D Cheers though Mark..
OP

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:48 pm

The funny thing is, you don't know the half of what Tim has done for the Forum, and my gratitude is massive for what he has done.

Many of you have probably wondered why I haven't commented on this post.
Tim already knows how I feel about what he has done, and everytime I Email him asking him if can change this, and alter this, and 'oh, can this be done', and not once has he said no.

It's obvious how much he loves working on this Forum, because of what he has created.
I just hope all the fans who have posted on here and visited the site, realise how much work and hours staring at a screen until your eyes are bloodshot, which is most nights for me, have gone into creating what I hope is an enjoyable Fansite that will be online for many years to come.

I have always said, we have only been online for 9 months, and look what we, and I mean we have got online it that short time, it is staggering! The old "Auf Pet' site was brilliant, but looking at that now, it was only the beginning.

'Until the next point of interest.....'

Lee