Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Series 3 & 4

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Series 3 & 4

Post by 936trt » Fri May 29, 2015 10:59 am

Agree with Rodders, and have said elsewhere that although we all started with 1 and 2 when I think about AWP these early adventures are B & W compared to 3 & 4 ,in colour. As Nev said about moving with the times " Deal with it Dennis". Its sad about the passing of Pat Roach and Gary but that's like real life. I personally would like to see more episodes and elsewhere on the site there are suggested plot lines,who knows?!

Meds
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Meds » Fri May 29, 2015 10:11 pm

Considering how informative this site is about AWP I would love to be able to read more about 3 & 4. I enjoyed the come back series and although I have watched 1 & 2 more times than i can remember I will happily put the 3 & 4 DVD's on.
Would love to see a location video as well.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Fri May 29, 2015 11:32 pm

Fancy a bite at 'The Chicken Ranch' Tim ? :P

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sat May 30, 2015 2:23 pm

Oh yes... ! ;) If i could do an American series 3 location video i would love it...
OP

staveley
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by staveley » Sat May 30, 2015 8:35 pm

I agree series 1 and 2 are the best but series 3 and 4 are good as well. I've worked with a lot of lads like the team ( but not in the building industry), so I always feel I can associate with them. I try to imagine how I might fit in myself, and I have to admit, I'd much rather be in the team on series 3 and 4 - being gaffers instead of workers, exotic locations in the States, Cuba and Russia. So I have a strong liking for the last two series.
I agree, we'll soon work the first two series to death, for example we'll run out eventually of ''Pringle" and "Trevor" quotes as we'll have quoted their every line, so I'd love more fans to appreciate the last two series.

Keep up the good work, I appreciate everything that you've done esp the videos and pictures of filming locations which have taken a lot of time and effort.

GatesheadRevisited
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by GatesheadRevisited » Sat May 30, 2015 10:13 pm

Like many people, S1 & S2 are my fav's, although I enjoy seeing the lads in S3 & S4. I can believe Nev's a spy, Barry doing a stint in the nick in every series, even Oz pulling a ballerina boiler. But Moxey hooking up with a woman? Nah man, that's way too unbelievable :lol:

Moxey finding a woman? It would be akin to the coyote catching the roadrunner.... We'd like it to happen, but spoils the magic if it did :)

Magowan
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Magowan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:22 pm

redandwhiterob wrote:I like series 3 but tbh I have to admit series 4 was not very good really
This opinion sums up my thoughts on the last two series as well.
GET BAAAAAAAACK!

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Now, don't get me wrong, I always try and stay neutral in regards to the whole of Pet, but I have to say one thing. I liked every series, OK, the BBC ones were never going to top the ITV 80's classics, it was never going to happen, but times move on. You could have had an episode of Barry boiling an egg for 20 minutes whilst the rest of the lads paint the walls in emulsion, I'd still watch it.

It seems many fans don't like Series 3, 4 and The Special, but nearly every time I share a picture online anywhere, it only takes a small comment from someone for the bad comments to start trickling in, and then a whole flurry! A lot of fans seem to keep dragging up the same old comment, 'Series 3/4 etc were not a patch on the the originals' but what they seem to forget is, I never asked them!

Times move on, and trying to create Series 1 or 2, and even dragging in old characters which don't forget, 15 years later was just never going to happen, only the fans would remember Ally Fraser and the rest. If you asked my parents who loved it and never missed an episode, why Ally wasn't in Series 3, they'd be like...'Who?...'
After 15 years it was a new audience, with a lot of viewers either vaguely remembering or never even seeing Series 1 and 2.

I'm all for posterity like....but move forward.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:06 pm

Well thats a point of view ofcourse and very well argued ahh ... ? [ who are yee ? ] :roll: