Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Pat Roach's book "If"

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

totti
Electrician
Electrician

Pat Roach's book "If"

Post by totti » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Been reading Pat Roach's book "if" and was interested to see that while filming the first series of Auf Pet he was also filming "Never say never again" with Sean Connery and "Temple of Doom" with Harrison Ford.

He also states that he filmed the hut burning scene on the same day that he filmed his final fight/death scene with Harrison Ford.

He had special permission from Roger Bamford to take time off from Auf Pet to film the scene so went off to an adjoining film lot on Elstree to have his costume and make up applied. This included having his face made darker by having a special make up applied that looked like coal dust. Having completed his scene he was in a rush to get back to film the hut burning scene. So quickly changing and wiping his blacked up face clean he rushed to the Auf Pet lot to be told to report to make up and have his face blacked up. He was annoyed to say the least realising he could of kept his "Temple of Doom" make up on and saved himself another trip to make up.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pat Roach's book "If"

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Great story, think I will be getting this book. These extra tales are really great thank you for sharing....

Hallwood
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hallwood » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:52 pm

I think that story is also in the official AWP book. I'm sure I've heard it somewhere before.

agabloodydoo
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by agabloodydoo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:21 am

Does he mention how he broke his foot during filming? Seems to still be a mystery that one

dan slider
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by dan slider » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Yes its mentioned in the pet book. Also, didn't Chris Fairbank break his leg before the end of the shoot?
Hey thats a canny jumper man!

agabloodydoo
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by agabloodydoo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:04 pm

How did it happen? I just read it happened during 'filming', but wasnt sure of the details. There was a discussion on this forum a while back about how it was written into the filming because if he hadnt been in hospital with the injury, Den and Nev would never have met Hedley?

Hallwood
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hallwood » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:22 pm

dan slider wrote:Yes its mentioned in the pet book. Also, didn't Chris Fairbank break his leg before the end of the shoot?
Yes. That's why Bomber is carrying Moxey over his shoulder in the scene where the hut burns down.

Howard Radcliff
Architect
Architect

Post by Howard Radcliff » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:18 pm

agabloodydoo wrote:Does he mention how he broke his foot during filming? Seems to still be a mystery that one
Here’s a question that’s always been on my mind. As I understand, because Bommer broke his leg off screen, the writers adapted the script so that Bommer was ‘injured’ then seen in a wheelchair in subsequent scenes. If Bommer hadn’t broken his leg / foot then Neville and Dennis wouldn’t have bumped into Hedley Irwin in hospital. Meeting Hedley was the premise to the whole episode.

Makes you wonder how the original ‘Last Rights’ script was written….