Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Barley Mow Atmosphere..

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Barley Mow Atmosphere..

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Just wondering here.. for people who have been there in recent years, what was it like when you went??

For me its mainly quiet, people entering in and out seem ok, and others seem toffy here and there.. but even though interior scenes were done at Lenton the place seems to lack the same sort of feeling that the TV studio set place has.. Even when i had the place mainly to myself for filming my video it seemed strange.
OP

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Barley Mow Atmosphere..

Post by RHill » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:40 am

Great question. It was empty, very boring and had no atmosphere. We couldn't afford the cost of a pint after the amount of petrol I spent, so I had a half. Then the young barman lied through his teeth and told me that they filmed inside the pub - he also told me that years later they decided to raise the floor to make the ceiling appear lower to make it look like an old traditional pub. We fell for his every word. He must of thought we were a couple of dozy geordies. Hopefully one day, the owners will sell it and the new owners will turn it into a theme pub.

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:32 am

RHill wrote:Great question. It was empty, very boring and had no atmosphere. We couldn't afford the cost of a pint after the amount of petrol I spent, so I had a half. Then the young barman lied through his teeth and told me that they filmed inside the pub - he also told me that years later they decided to raise the floor to make the ceiling appear lower to make it look like an old traditional pub. We fell for his every word. He must of thought we were a couple of dozy geordies. Hopefully one day, the owners will sell it and the new owners will turn it into a theme pub.
Oh aye, and I suppose his tattoo was a freebe after he contributed to some charity was it?

Kemal
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Kemal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:24 am

Well I actually enjoyed our trip. Ok it wasnt a typical pub atmosphere but we went mid week. Its a gastro pub so isnt going to be loud.Didnt go thru to the bar just sat in the lounge. I had to explain to the mrs that they just reproduced the design in a studio of course.

One niggly thing, the only link I could see to awp was a frame contained poor quality screengrabs in the back passage to the loo. I woud have those black and white pics of the cast and crew in nice frames hanging in the lounge.
I could only have a shandy too as mrs doesnt like driving too far!!

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:16 am

I enjoyed being there, but why did the barman had to lie? I made a right fool of myself on Youtube telling the viewers a load of bollocks. Some more informed and intelligent Youtubers left comments saying that It was filmed in a studio. So I said in a Barry kind of way: "No it's not!" and "Studios can't destroy my argument" They must of thought I was a right wanker.

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by AlreetPal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:41 am

RHill wrote:I enjoyed being there, but why did the barman had to lie? I made a right fool of myself on Youtube telling the viewers a load of bollocks. Some more informed and intelligent Youtubers left comments saying that It was filmed in a studio. So I said in a Barry kind of way: "No it's not!" and "Studios can't destroy my argument" They must of thought I was a right wanker.
Reading that last bit, I've just spat my drink all over the steering wheel. :lol:
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.

We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:24 pm

I was there the other day and had all the front outside to myself.. but it was busy for food inside.. Me and the mrs was going to head there a few nights back after seeing if my flyer was in the Knipton shop notice board.. went past the pub and it was heaving.. looks like the sun brought out everyone to the Windmill that night, so we went back home..
OP

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:26 pm

Has it got a dartboard in there?

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:26 pm

Not anymore..
OP

HudPitch
Brickie
Brickie

Post by HudPitch » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Jukebox?

Kemal
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Kemal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:37 pm

'Cheap studio innuendo' :lol:

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:17 pm

HudPitch wrote:Jukebox?
I can't remember seeing a Jukebox. If there is one, be great to find 'Agadoo' on the playlist. :)

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:19 pm

I dont think there is one anymore..
OP

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:14 am

Wouldn't it be great if they had a Jukebox what played nothing but 'Agadoo', whatever track was selected? Not that the regular punters would appreciate the joke, though...