Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

The Next Generation

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

The Next Generation

Post by Breaking Away » Thu May 16, 2013 9:42 am

Well, it's taken 21 years but I've finally convinced one of my children to watch aufpet with me and she's starting to get into it. We watched Home Thoughts From Abroad and The Accused tonight. She said she enjoyed tonight's more than the earlier episodes. She thought maybe because she was starting to understand what they're saying (haha) but I said maybe because it's starting to get into a decent story instead of the introducing of characters episodes.
Anyways, exciting stuff. It's been a long time since I've watched during the evenings. Even my wife was watching tonight and quoting lines before they were said, and she hasn't watched them in years. Amazing how much was coming back to her I thought.
I laughed, as just today I threw in the comment "not untrained scabs like we're working with here" into a conversation, and Oz said tonight in HTFA.

Ahh, happy days.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Re: The Next Generation

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Thu May 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Good stuff! I put them on here whenever i can or am in the mood.. normallyvia YouTube these days as ill be checking quotes and looking for the locations again.. its good to hear the programme can still share its magic all these years later.. keep watching! :)
OP

AWPfanfromNZ
Boozer
Boozer

Post by AWPfanfromNZ » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:38 am

I used to watch it when I was younger (like 10/11) and didn't have a clue on half of the things they said and I never watched it for years until just recently I got back into watching AWP and it's funny on how I am correcting my Mum on things considering she's seen it more than me!!
Happy Days!! :D :D

Magowan
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Magowan » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:01 pm

I got into the show when my parents watched the third series for the first time and the first two series repeats on UK Gold shortly afterwards and I've never looked back.
GET BAAAAAAAACK!

AWPfanfromNZ
Boozer
Boozer

Post by AWPfanfromNZ » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Magowan wrote:I got into the show when my parents watched the third series for the first time and the first two series repeats on UK Gold shortly afterwards and I've never looked back.

You sound like a young laddie then....
Happy Days!! :D :D

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:46 am

AWPfanfromNZ wrote:
Magowan wrote:I got into the show when my parents watched the third series for the first time and the first two series repeats on UK Gold shortly afterwards and I've never looked back.

You sound like a young laddie then....
He needs wet nursing! :)

shirley pollard
Knitting AWP Fan
Knitting AWP Fan

Post by shirley pollard » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Breaking Away wrote:Well, it's taken 21 years but I've finally convinced one of my children to watch aufpet with me and she's starting to get into it. We watched Home Thoughts From Abroad and The Accused tonight. She said she enjoyed tonight's more than the earlier episodes. She thought maybe because she was starting to understand what they're saying (haha) but I said maybe because it's starting to get into a decent story instead of the introducing of characters episodes.
Anyways, exciting stuff. It's been a long time since I've watched during the evenings. Even my wife was watching tonight and quoting lines before they were said, and she hasn't watched them in years. Amazing how much was coming back to her I thought.
I laughed, as just today I threw in the comment "not untrained scabs like we're working with here" into a conversation, and Oz said tonight in HTFA.

Ahh, happy days.
wife?

that's a canny jumper man !

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by AlreetPal » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:55 pm

Daughter knows the characters, probably due to fact the pictures of the Mag7 are in our spare room and she's continually hearing the DVD's playing. She's occasionally said a few lines also, yet to hear 'Ah bollocks man.' Mind you, she is only 11. :)
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.

We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.