Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Aloe Goodbye

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Aloe Goodbye

Post by Tracy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:28 pm

"Suppers on the table !" :lol:

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:03 am

Wyman and Mai had met in her mothers cabin, she was visiting her sister ,who as Chip's wife ,shared certain village duties.

Wyman: " Does your mum have any thoughts about the situation?"

Mai: " If you mean about the little one then of course, she is concerned as any any mother would be. What do you mean Wy man?"

Wyman: " Has she said anything about me ?"

Mai: " She knows you are Mai's father. Wy man it was weeks after you left that I realised you were just getting on with your life. As soon as I understood this I was able to move on. Later when I found I was pregnant I was happy. My mother and the family helped me. They still do. You must be careful not to offend them by thinking you can assume responsibilty."

Wyman: " I think I have a better understanding now, but let me make some provision for her future, say, if she wants to go to college?"

Mai: " I appreciate what you are trying to do Wy man. You should talk to my family. I think they will be happy with what you are suggesting."

Chrissy was not happy when Wyman told her what he had agred with Mai and her family.

Chrissy: " So that's it, is it, you might visit from time to time and might be able to see your daughter?"

Wyman: " Chrissy let me explain. Mai is a lot like you. She is independent and thankfully has a very supportive family. She sees little Mai as primarily her responsibility and secondarily as her family's .Wyman is way down the list."

Chrissy: " Are you happy with this ?"

Wyman: " Chrissy when I first saw Mai I was attracted yo her and she was a willing partner, but now I have no rights over her or the little one. The Chocanaws have a very different take on life which I am beginning to understand. You know Bomber once said to me that there are always consequences and that's also something I am now beginning to understand. I'll see you in a few days mum. 'Bye for now."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:48 pm

I hope Wyman doesn't have a Chip on his shoulder ! :roll:

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Den and Oz are kicking a ball about on the beach,Nev and Pru are lying on the sand soaking up the sun ,Dagmar and Ofelia talking about babies.

Oz : " Shearer comes up to the Bayern Munich goal and scores !"

Dennis: "Oz why do I have to be the German side ,again?"

Oz : " Nowt wrong with German football Den."

Dennis: " OK ,Hargreaves recovers the ball ,up the wing and equalises ,again!"

Oz: " I don't think it happened like that Den."

Dennis: "Are we having a history lesson,again Oz? Bollocks we drew and I'm going for a dip."

Dennis heads toward the sea, Oz is watching and walks toward the tent.

Pru: " Did you see what he did Neville?"

Neville: " No pet,what?"

Pru : "He buried Dennis' towel and then ran after him."

Neville: " He thinks it's a joke ;he's done it before. Right I know a funnier joke." Nev watches Oz's progress to the sea , retrieves Den's towel,picks up Oz's towel and buries it by the tent.

Chris and Cal are meeting with Chrissy.

Chris: "It's going well,we had some figures yesterday from marketing and they bear out your original ideas about a gap in the Caribbean holiday sector."

Chrissy: " Sorry fellas I keep going over the situation in Arizona with Wyman. I must concentrate. Ok where do we go now?"

Cal: " I've been looking at IP and think there could be an opening if we care to take it to a patent attorney. However it will cost."

Chris: " Let's do it Chrissy ,I can picture it now. The young man sees his bikini clad girl friend walk out of the surf holding a knife and a bag of seashells .Cue music, cameras ,action.The next day they get a dvd of their unique moment in beautiful Caribbean colour."

Cal:" I visualise a Carlos Santana figure giving the ultimate guitar solo at Woodstock. " Chris and Chrissy both looked ,open mouthed at Cal.

Dennis comes up from the sea and heads to the tent to dry off before changing. Oz is trailing behind with a smirk on his face which suddenly disappears when he sees his towel is missing. Nev and Pru struggle to keep straightfaced.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:01 am

Were they naked ? :oops:

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:41 pm

Gary is 'phoning Dennis from Jamaica.

"Hi Dennis . Is everything ok at the new port site?"

Dennis: " I emailed you the report yesterday Gary, what's up?"

Gary: " Progress is slow Dennis. Are there problems?"

Dennis: " Just the usual, late deliveries, items missing ,but we don't have strikes in Cuba, anyway you know that. Oh we have had a visit from HSE."

Gary: " What's his name Dennis?"

Dennis: " Hang on , it's here somewhere.There you go,Juan Alvarez."

Gary: " Leave it with me ,I'll sort it. I've had a call from Luis."

Dennis: " I thought there would be another reason for you 'phoning."

Gary: " Our friend Raoul has been beaten,rather badly, by person or persons unknown. It seems the new kids on the block,probably Russian, have taken against the local cartel, hence Raouls treatment, and the word is their interest is in port handling facilities. We guess that it's the same lot who have tried to muscle in over in Jamaica ,the Jeffrey Grainger associates."

Dennis: " Well that is news but there's nothing we can do , is there?"

Gary: " The Ortiz family need to be told, is this a task for the future Mrs Hope ,you know ,one girl to another?"

Dennis: " I can ask, but you are wanting to know how they take it I guess? Wouldn't this be better coming from Heather?"

Gary: " It is from Heather."

Wyman is sat with Chrissy and is explaining about the feather.

" I think I understand and I hope I have explained what it's supposed to represent." He was looking at Chrissy who was avoiding eye contact.
" Mum it's important ,and not only for me.Charlie wouldn't have given this to you unless he thought you should have it."

Chrissy: " I hear what you say Wyman but all I see is a little girl without her father."

Wyman: " We've been over this and I don't need another third degree mum."

Moxey and Barry are having a beer sat inside the motor home.

Barry: " There's a lot to be said for air conditioning Mox."

Moxey: " Yeah,and a cold beer helps kiddah. So you've got Anna sorted with a new school?"

Barry: " Yes , in fact Tatiana says it's better than the last one .Anyway Mox, can we talk about the aloe job. When we get the papers sorted I'm going to need to get up to speed quickly and I know you said you'd help but I reckon I'll need more staff for a start. I would really like you to stay on a bit longer if that's possible , I mean I'll pay you of course. What do you say?"

Moxey: " I know the Chrysalis project is in it's early stages at the moment and though Chrissy wants me involved to be honest Barry I can't see how I can help at present so maybe I'm more use here,so ok."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:58 pm

Heather, feather, hot weather. All we need now is Terry Leather ! :D

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Pru has just brought her mother to Nev's flat.

Pru: " Neville this is Penny my mother, mother this is Neville ."

Penny: " We meet in the flesh so to speak Neville, after all our skyping. Before I begin my inquisition I must ask one important question. Please tell me you are not one of the bloody pc brigade? When Pru told me you worked in the OED I thought hell 's bells not another effing embassy wanker."

Neville was almost lost for words." Er , I wouldn't say I was Mrs Scott Johns."

Penny: " Please Neville call me Penny. Now then tell me when was the last time you were in St James's Park?"

Pru, shaking her head, slowly turned to look at Nev and rolled her eyes, as much as to say "I told you so".

Kenny Brown was in pain,there was congealed blood on the back of his head and a dull ache in his side. As he tried to get up he discovered his left leg didn't work as expected. His wallet and 'phone were missing. He could see a body on the ground nearby. He crawled towards it "Shit it's Danny. Danny,Danny." No answer. Kenny felt for Danny's 'phone. He could hear the sea. "How come they missed Danny's 'phone?" He dialled the office.

Wyman arranges to join Chris in Cal's Jamaica office.

Chris: " So 'bro how was Arizona?"

Wyman: " As always , beautiful country and climate. I came back on an even keel kiddah, but Chrissy is on the warpath. She still has a problem with the little one being there and me here. Anyway I mentioned before that I have brought something for you from Charlie the medicine man ."

Chris looked at Wyman with raised eyebrows.

"I know what you said on the 'phone, but I don't understand .What does he want me to do?"
Wyman smiled,he was getting used to discussing the finer points of Chocanaw tribal customs and beliefs.

"It's a gift Chris, I'll try to explain the significance ." Wyman gave his three minute lecture about the stone boy and the pebble and how the feather, symbolising control of the weather, is given to those involved in certain events.

Wyman: " So Chris I believe that Charlie sees you as the stone boy and Chrissy as a mother earth figure. The more I think about it I think he's right. You have proved to be our backstop on more than one occasion. You put yourself out there to help others. I think that what you have done since we first met...." Chris interrupted. "Wyman finding you and my fathers workmates is the best thing that's happened to me for years..." This time it was Wyman who interrupted.
" Chris in my mind, and I know the lads think the same,you are family. It's this family thing that's kept us all together,and for some it's all they had for quite a while. What happened recently to me ,whether it was the sweat lodge or something that Charlie did I don't know.But I have to change and it's at times like this that family is important."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:49 pm

A gift from the medicine man ? Well, Hiezenberg did buy his truck ... : :ugeek:

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:05 am

Chris is visiting Kenny in hospital.

Chris: " Got everything you need ?"

Kenny: " Sure boss, would like to know how they took us so easily though."

Chris: " Time to go into that later,just take it easy and do as that nurse tells you! I'll 'phone you if I hear anything .Take care Kenny."

Ofelia: " So Pru why was my brother treated this way?" Ofelia was shouting and waving her arms.

Pru: " I'm just the messenger Ofelia, I'm telling you what we have just learned from captain Delgado."

Ofelia: "Sorry Pru I know it's not your fault. You know that both my mother and Claudia will see this differently?"

Pru: " Yes I do . I have to ask if you have seen Claudia recently?"

Ofelia: " Not since last week I think, she was with my mother when they came to look at the photographs of the christening."

Nev: " Incidentally did Oz have some copies for Barry and Tatiana?"

Ofelia: " Yes they are here." She handed Nev an envelope. " Oz took a lot of pictures at the party with his digital camera and emailed them to Barry already."

Pru:" Do you know where Claudia is at the moment?"

Ofelia: " I don't, but why are you asking so many questions about her? She is not a person to how you say make small talk.When Raoul went into prison my mother asked her how she would manage, specially for money, and she said she didn't want hand outs. I did notice she had a different car and she told us she moved to another house." At this Pru turned to Nev and raised her eyebrows.

Pru: " Is there a picture of Claudia in here Ofelia?" Ofelia selected a couple from the envelope and handed them to Pru.

Ofelia: " She is here standing next to my mother. Is it important?"

Pru: " I'm not sure but I will let you know after we have been to see Delgado."

Barry was looking at the photos of the christening and had printed a couple which he was scrutinising when Moxey came in.

Moxey: " I have just been on the blower to the trucking guys and they say they may be ablre to send another driver Barry. What you looking at mate?"

Barry: " You know Oz sent some pictures of the christening well I was just going through them and saw something ,or actually someone that made me think." He passed the print to Moxey ." Have a look at that woman stood next to Ofelia's mother."

Moxey: " Should I know her?"

Barry: " Do you remember when Oz got us the invite to the Santaria party when I had an accident in the truck?"

Moxey: " I do Barry ,you were as high as a kite."

Barry: " Well I recognise this woman ,she was the one who handed me the fruit bowl , except then she was wearing a kind of robe, and I thought she was one of the cult. According to Oz's email this woman is called Claudia and she is Raoul's wife."

Dennis and Gary were talking with Chris in the OED offices.

Chris: " I've just been visiting Kenny, he's in better condition . They couldn't save Danny . Danny was with me a long time and we'll all miss him. Anyway it looks like the lads were expected and we have to figure out how that happened. I spoke with Delgado and he's working on a few leads but has no immediate answer.Gary do you know if Grainger is up to anything?"

Gary: "He is not a man to let anything slip and you know he'll never get his hands dirty but he was complaining the other day about problems with dock workers ."

Dennis: " Was it do do with their wages, he was always a tight bugger?"

Gary: " No, it was something to do with them downing tools in protest at the foreman breaking up some kind of religious ceremony. Apparently this Santaria thing is practised all over the Caribbean .Didn't you have an experience with it Dennis?"

Dennis: " Yes we did and poor old Barry ended up in clink after we'd been to one of their parties."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:47 pm

We await developments with baited breath. 'Waiting is part of the Cuban way.' Just seen that on Aljazeera. OP

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:32 pm

Chris is meeting with Delgado .

Chris: " Can you tell me if Danny's killer has been caught Carlos?"

Delgado: " We are pursuing several lines of enquiry Mr Norris."

Chris: " You are being very formal Carlos, why is that?"

Delgado: " We have a lot of critics at the moment,you know we upset many influential people with our last case and there is a lot of political pressure. I am told to concentrate on Cuban problems, and to keep the "foreigners" under control. Your people have ,as you say a high profile, and every time there is an incident we locals get it in the neck. We all have a good friend in Luis Sandoro .I suggest we keep him on our side."

Chris: " I hear what you say and I always try to work with you Carlos but you knew Danny and he was more like a family member to us. Is there a problem?" The policeman looked at Chris and shook his head.

Delgado: "You know me too well Chris. There is a new problem for us all now. These reports from Mr Grainger about religious problems are not without substance as Gary Turnbull would say. You are familiar with Santeria?"

Chris: " Yes the local Cuban religion?"

Delgado:" Yes. Well I have as of yesterday another line of enquiry. From information received we now know that Raoul Ortiz 's wife is a major player in this case.She is an extremely powerful figure in Santeria and for years has used her position as a high priestess, to influence many locals .It started as simple jealousy ,she thought Ofelia was hogging the spotlight,no pun intended,and Raoul wasn't getting star billing.She was instrumental in the circumstances leading up to the imprisonment of Mr Taylor.However because the OED team became very popular after helping out the locals and Claudia's plans to disgrace them were overuled by the other Santeria priests. More recently they became even more popular with the training of our youngsters and the building programme. Fast forward to the incident with Tina McKellen. We assumed that Raoul was responsible. Not so. Claudia has extensive knowledge of herbs and natural opiates .Over time we believe she used her knowledge and influence for non religious purposes and became an integral part of the cartel."

Chris: " So are you saying she has dealings with the Russians as well ? "

Delgado: " Not necessarily, because the Cuban gangs are not happy that outsiders are trying to get a share of what they believe is their good fortune and in that case she would be anti Russian."

Chris: " Do we know who killed Danny?"

Delgado: " In a word,no. If it was Russians we will find out shortly .If not then it will take longer."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:41 pm

Raoul's missus ! The wive's mafia. I mighta knoon, I mighta bloody knoon ! :x

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Dennis and Oz are working at the port extensions at night.They have stopped for a break.

Dennis: " I have to say our lass makes a decent sarny."

Oz: " Ofelia says I eat too much bread. Did you say Nev is coming over?"

Dennis: " Yes ,Gary said he had taken some holiday to help with the wedding arrangements, or he'd have been here sooner."

Oz: " Dear me you think he'd have had enough after being married to Brenda."

Dennis: " Just like you and Marjorie eh, Oz?"

Oz: " Nah man it's different with me and our lass."

Dennis : " Bollocks Oz. Anyway Gary thinks there might be a problem like we had at Varadero .The security near the customs house at night is suspect so could we keep an eye out for anything iffy."

Oz: " Hang on Den isn't that where Danny was topped, we're not doing this on our own are we?"

Dennis: " No, we'll have back up but they reckon the baddies won't show their hand if the place is crawling with bodies."

Oz: " But how can we succeed where Kenny didn't?"

Dennis: " We are just some working guys ,we don't pose a threat, and anyway Delgado leaked an email saying they were concentrating on a different area of the docks."

Oz: " I'm still not sure what we're looking for Den."

Dennis: " Delgado wants us to help grab one of them so he can ask a few questions."

Oz: " Ask a few questions?"

Dennis: " Yes, because all this stuff he got about Claudia is apparently old news ,he needs up to date intel."

Oz: " Jesus Den you sound like double oh seven. Ok so we're going to sit quietly ,watch the area by the dock over there and when the bad guys show up raise the alarm and the cavalry do the rest?"

Den: " More or less,yes."

Oz: "Will this count as overtime Den?"

Dennis: "Bloody Norah Oz."

Chrissy and Moxey are having a look around Barry and Tatiana's new home.

Barry: " What do you think about the view Chrissy?"

Chrissy: " It's spectacular ,a big change from the motor home."

Tatiana: " When we were sure that Anna would settle at school we always planned to find a place. We were lucky that Cal had heard about this . The furniture will have to be replaced and I have plans for a complete redesign of the interior and the gardens, but for now it will do." Barry looked at Moxey and grinned.

Chrissy: " Moxey was saying that the trucking of the aloe has worked out well?"

Barry: " Absolutely, it was a contact of Moxey's from the firm who are shifting the spoil heaps. It was a stroke of luck we found someone who would do a careful job at the right price. In fact I'm meeting with them this week about maybe using them at the UK end .It seems they have an operation over there as well."

Tatiana: " How are things with Chrysalis . You know I have a selfish interest Chrissy?"

Chrissy: " Slowly ,but there is a lot to set up first and Cal only has so many hours in his day. We need to talk in detail about the spa franchise. Can we fix that for next week, I'm meeting with Chris at Cal's office ,perhaps you could join us?"

Moxey: " Did you have any joy with that guy from Miami Barry?"

Barry: " As a matter of fact he's over here for a few days he'd heard about us from Gary. He's also interested in what OED 2016 can do for his operation in Kingston, a bit more work for our Geordie mates maybe !"

Oz:" How long are we going to stay here Den?"

Dennis: " Shut up Oz . Did you hear that?"

Oz : " Aye, I heard something then, nowt to see though . Shall we have a walk over?" Oz set off to walk carrying his toolbag.

Dennis: "Planning on a bit of brickying then kiddah?"

Oz: " Dear me Dennis what do we get paid for eh?"

There was a loud crack followed by the sound of falling masonry and a strangled yell. They both set off running in the direction of the sounds. As they neared the customs building two figures broke free from the shadows, one headed for Dennis and appeared to be armed. The other figure made a beeline for Oz but lived to regret it. Oz felled him with his spirit level and gave him a right hander to make sure. He turned to see Dennis struggling on the ground then suddenly heard a gunshot.

Oz: " Den,Den are you ok?" Dennis struggled to his feet holding a gun. " Aye I'm alreet bonny lad but this one isn't." They were both suddenly bathed in light and a loudhailer instructed them to drop their weapons and lie down.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:39 pm

:o