Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Aloe Goodbye

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Re: Aloe Goodbye

Post by 936trt » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:56 pm

Moxey is 'phoning Barry after his trip to Godalming.

Moxey: " Hi mate ,everything ok?"

Barry: " Just as you would expect Mox,few things left off the snagging list for that last extension to the factory. Anyway the tests with the freeze drier look good I will talk you through it when you get back. So what did you learn from your visit?"

Moxey: "I had a look around and called in to see Wendy like you said. She looks a bit hassled but the 'phones didn't stop while I was there. I said I was here a few days ,had seen your stuff in a spa my missus went to and did they want to consider my super quality aloe vera. Surprised when she very quickly said no, and followed that by telling me all their raw material comes from Asia and is high quality and low cost.
I left one of Wymans cards ,you know the AV Supplies ones."

Barry: " Interesting you should say Wendy was hassled,that sounds a bit suspicious to me ,she was always very steady. Anyway you went back at night through the allotments at the rear?"

Moxey: " Yeah no problem ,took me back a few years I can tell you, but no safe to open this time! Anyway I will email the photos , the shelving you told me to look for is only about quarter full ,and the packaging rooms have a lot of containers and jars with other brand names - I have pictures of those as well. In the storage area by the car park there are half a dozen shipping containers so I took a few snaps of those. I'm back at the hotel now Barry but if you want me to do anything else let me know. We promised to take the kids shopping and maybe a bit of a run out while we wait for their passports. Chris is having meetings in London later this week and said if we wanted he would give us a lift back.We'll get brownie points with Guy and Beattie if it works out!"

Barry: " No I think you've done very well Mox, it's confirmed what I'd been thinking. I was looking closely at the turn over recently while doing the deal with you and Chrissy, and noticed a downward trend over the last month or so that didn't make sense. Increase in raw materials but no corresponding increase in product, looks a bit blatant I thought."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Can just hear Mox, "It takes me back, it really takes me back." :D

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:58 pm

Pru and Nev had joined Dennis and Dagmar for a meal cooked by Ofelia.

Oz: " Well not long now bonny lad."

Nev: "Aye just two days. I was glad to hear that Moxey and Chrissy will be back .Barry said the two youngsters will make a big change to Moxey's lifestyle."

Ofelia: " It will be a good thing for them all. Children can sometimes have problems when they are orphaned like that. It is very sad . I had a friend who was left like that. Very sad."

Dagmar: " This is a first time for Moxey. He has no children until now. It is good that he has Chrissy in the picture I think, Beatrice is only seven ."

Pru: " Yes and both of them have been boarders at that school since the accident. Barry said the head was not Moxey's favourite person."

Nev:" Could I have a bit more of that casserole Ofelia .I really like the way you've done the black beans as well pet."

Pru gave Nev a sideways look and he went back the subject ." Aye well there'll be some rearrangements at Uncle Percy's ,but Den didn't you reckon they should be ok for places at the school Anna's at ?"

Dennis: " Aye that's what Barry said. Mind can you see Moxey on the school run, helping out with the PTA ,supervising table tennis."

Dagmar: " That's a little unkind Dennis, I'm sure he will do his best."

Dennis: "Nah pet ,I know he will ,I was just saying it's not a picture I have in my mind of Mox being so ,well, so domesticated. I remember when he was looking after Seymour....." He was interrupted by Oz.

Oz:" Leave him be Den , us younger fathers have to stick together . What do you say Nev?" Oz was grinning ,winking and nodding in Nev's direction. Suddenly he yelled " Shi....What was that for?" Ofelia had just kicked him hard on the shins.

Pru ,a little pink faced turned to Neville and gave him a look.

Neville: " Don't look at me pet ,I never told him .I think I might have mentioned something to Den."

Dennis looking a bit sheepish asked Ofelia if he could have some more Cuban casserole.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:12 pm

:?

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:42 am

Barry is 'phoning his accountant in the UK.

Barry: " Hello Treeeeevooor old fruit ,how's it hangin'?"

Trevor: " Barry old man,good to hear from you. How is your good lady wife and little Anna?"

Barry: " They are both fine thankyou Trev,and your family on good health?"

Trevor: " Yes , they are all fit and well. Barry is this call related to your recent staock take?"

Barry: " Indeed Trevor ,nail on head as they say. I would ask how you define stock take but that would be to insult you. I want to know have you got it sorted out?"

Trevor: " I don't know what you're getting at Barry."

Barry: " Ok Trevor ,I'll cut to the chase.The stock take is a load of shit and you must know it. I have an inspection report which includes photographic evidence of work in progress and finished goods. Copies are available if you are interested but I'm having serious doubts about your loyalty to my company. However I was hoping I wouldn't have to get legal but I will if I have to. So Trev, once again ,have you got it sorted?" There was a longer pause before Trevor answered.

Trevor: " I must stand by our last audit Mr Taylor."

Barry: " Ok ,my solicitor will talk to your legal office and you should expect a visit from the local constabulary." Barry put down the 'phone and waited. The 'phone rang twice and Barry picked up.

Barry: " Hello Trev,what can I do for you?"

Trevor: " Barry I don't want to seem unreasonable but get real, in a court of law you won't have a chance especially when our guys will reveal you have a history of using the face cream business for smuggling and who knows what else."

Barry: " Trevor don't be silly, you know that we were completely exonerated and frankly Trev, that's such a lame brain excuse I wonder what you are playing at. As of now you are no longer contracted as TIE accountants. I will confirm in writing and instruct to whom you should forward all relevant documents etc . At a personal level Trevor I am really disappointed .We had a history and I expected better. Goodbye."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Haha, I can just see Trevor on the ground and Barry giving him a kick, "There !" :lol:

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:44 pm

After Barry had finished his call with the accountants he decided to speak with Wendy, he worried that was she was under pressure after Moxey said she looked hassled.

Barry: " Hello Wendy it's Mr Taylor, Barry, how are you?"

Wendy: " Oh Mr Taylor I'm so glad you 'phoned ,I've been so worried, what with the deliveries going missing and the accountants saying it was our book keeping." Barry stopped her in mid flow.

Barry: " Wendy,Wendy slow down I'm sure we can sort it out. I rang to see how you were and tell you I've just sacked the accountants and to say I have a rough idea that they might be behind the problems we've been having. First of all can you let me know when the deliveries of aloe vera stopped and when the last container was picked up. No rush petal ,you can email me here in Jamaica, and don't worry ,everything is going to be fine. I will tell the new accountants to contact you personally, you know that I trust you Wendy .Tara for now."

Wendy: " Wait,wait Mr Taylor I have to tell you. I overheard Trevor talking to someone a few weeks ago and it wasn't nice."

Barry: " Go on Wendy ,what was it about."

Wendy: " Well I know you were very friendly with him and so I didn't pay that much attention at first but then he made a certain comment about Mrs Taylor , and then how he could run the business so much better than you. It didn't seem like a friendly thing to say."

Barry: " Well that makes it easier to believe he isn't as good a friend as I thought."

Wendy: " Do you think Mr Taylor that he deliberately kept the plant short of raw material ?"

Barry: " You could be forgiven for coming to that conclusion Wendy. So much for running the business better than yours truly. Anyway thanks for telling me and he shouldn't be anywhere near the factory after today. If he tries to get in call the police. I will keep in touch, cheerio pet."

When the email arrived the first thing he did was contact Moxey.

Barry: " Moxey . Hi it's Barry again. When are you due to come back?"

Moxey: " Two days mate.There was a hold up with the kids passport. Why?"

Barry: " Do you feel up to another bit of skullduggery my friend?"

Moxey: " I have to say it's a bit like riding a bike, it soons comes back. What do you want?"

Barry: " You recall the containers you photographed,well they were not all the same. Can you go back after hours ,and check what's in the yard and take pictures again. You can scan them to me just like before."

Moxey: " Have you an idea what's been going on like?"

Barry: " I'm not sure Mox but you know we have been using the same type to ship from Jamaica as our Asian suppliers . The containers in the pictures you sent just recently are different."

Moxey: " Ok Barry I'll let you know how I get on."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:39 pm

Secret agent Mulcahey ! 8-)

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:38 am

True to his word Moxey emailed pictures of the containers . Barry expected to see six refrigerated units but just as before there were only four and two normally ventilated. The photos sent by Moxey earlier clearly showed two different ventilated units. So Barry mused where did the other two go? According to Wendy's records empty units were picked up at the same time every week but Moxey's photos showed that only the ventilated units had been moved. Barry decided that there was little point contacting the local police with the information to hand, all that would happen would be that they would probably close down his business while starting an investigation. So he 'phoned Dennis.

Barry: " Dennis how are you mate?"

Dennis: " Fine kiddah,and yourself?"

Barry: " Well actually I have a problem and I think your lad Detlef might be able to help.Would you give me his mobile number?"

Dennis: " Sure, I know it must be serious and there will be a good reason."

Barry: " There is Den it's just that I can't see an alternative solution .Thanks mate."

Barry explained the problem to Detlef who said he could only advise not to take the law into his own hands ,but he would make a few enquiries ; the route the containers had taken would be revealing and he would let him know later that day.
Detlef 'phoned in the afternoon and advised Barry he was right to be suspicious. Two containers were delivered to Barry via Calais with aloe vera according to the paperwork. However normal practice for fruit and related products was to ship in refrigerated containers. Detlef said they would intercept the next two in Calais and instruct UK customs to have a look at the two in Barry's yard.

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Fri May 12, 2017 12:42 pm

Barry is 'phoning Moxey.

"Now then Mox ,everything ok?"

Moxey: " Fine mate,you?"

Barry: " Yes ,yes I've just had news from Detlef,thought you'd like to know. They stopped two containers at Calais and opened up the two at the Godalming site. We guessed right,no aloe only some poor buggers on their last legs."

" You may kiss the bride." The minister smiled at Pru, and Nev obliged.

The last few days had proved difficult for Nev.The surprise visit from a tearful Debbie,friction between Pru and her mother over everything including Pru's dress. He was looking forward to some non matrimonial chat with the lads during the reception.

Moxey: " Congrats kiddah,I thought the church ceremony was the bees knees. I've just told Pru the same and that she's got a good bloke. "

Dagmar: " I agree, a wedding is such a wonderful thing and I love your dress Pru." Nev smiled at Dagmar and gave her a wink, whispering " Just what she needs to hear pet."

Ofelia: " How is it going Moxey, Oz tell me the two children are with you now?"

Moxey: " Yeah it's great .I couldn't manage without Chrissy's help,but we know it'll be fine ,they are both loving it here."

Tatiana is in deep conversation with Debbie.

"Tell me Debbie I hear you were at that thing in London.Was it any good?"

Debbie: " Oh do you mean the Fashion Fair that was in Birmingham.Yes it was very good for us. The London Trade show is not until July. Detlef thinks we might go together if he can get the time off."

Tatiana: " Barry said he did an incredible job with the people smugglers."

Debbie: " He doesn't talk about it to me. He says a lot of people die on the way,especially children,it's horrible.Sorry I see my Dad waving I have to go."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat May 13, 2017 7:56 am

mmm, Tatiana and people smuggling. :twisted:

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Sun May 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Barry is having a beer with Oz and Den .

Barry: " Aye the worst part is I'd known the guy for years, I just can't understand how he got into people smuggling."

Oz : " Why it's obvious man they had something on him ,happens all the time ,drugs ,murder, who knows."

Barry: " Oz we're talking Godalming here." Den interrupted.

"Oz man what did we say ,it's Nev and Pru's wedding, let's look on the brighter side. It's all with the fuzz now anyway ,let's just make sure the happy couple have a good day,and for heavens sake shut up about bundles of joy ,eh, especially around the mother in law."

Oz rolled his eyes and walked off.

Chrissy is stood to one side when Ofelia walks over.

" Chrissy,is everything ok with you, you look unhappy?"

Chrissy: " It's fine Ofelia,it's just me and weddings ,I'm always like this. Everyone is so happy, you know it's a new beginning."

Ofelia: " But you seem so sad."

Chrissy: " I can't help thinking about Wyman's daughter even more so since Guy and Beatrice came to stay."

Nev is having a beer with Moxey and Barry when Den joins them.

Nev: " Hi Den I was just saying they've come on a lot since the herb garden in Dusseldorf."

Den: " Aye you must be shipping tons of the stuff Moxey?"

Moxey: " Aye it's true ,but I can't take all the credit ,it grows well and doesn't need a lot of water. Since we got the new plant it's the harvesting and packaging where we get the bottlenecks .Anyway once the fuzz have finished at Barry's we'll be up and running again. Has your lad said anything Den?"

Dennis: " Nah Mox he doesn't talk about his work much. Anyway let's concentrate on getting Nev bladdered ."

Moxey: " Hey Den is that the mother in law over there ,the one that looks like she chewed a wasp?"

Dennis: " Aye that's her."

Oz: " Yes she's a right bloody misery."

Dennis : " Oz man what did we just say about it being Nev and Pru's day?"

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun May 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Oz behaving like a spare prick at a wedding. :geek:

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Tue May 23, 2017 11:08 am

Gary has a call from Luis Sandoro.

"Gary my friend I hope you are in good health,I have some news from the island in which you may have an interest."

Gary: " Luis,it's always good to hear from you, what is the latest about our guest?"

Luis: " The medical officer of the establishment was asked to examine a certain inmate who was misbehaving, and his opinion is that we are looking at an advanced state of dementia. Before you say anything I asked if there was any question that he could be faking and the answer is an emphatic no."

Gary: " I'm not an expert but doesn't this seem to have happened very quickly?"

Luis: " I said the same and was told that some of the more aggressive forms can manifest in a few short months."

Gary: " Well although you know my opinion of Raoul I wouldn't wish this on him. Does anyone know what Claudia's reaction is?"

Luis: " From what we have been told she declared war on everyone so we are keeping close watch."

Nev and Pru are having a few days at the coast near Varadero. They are soaking up the sun and Nev is looking at her expanding waistline ." What's your mam going to do pet?"

Pru: " I hope she's on her way back with Aunty Sylvia."

Nev: "Do you two really not get on that well?"

Pru: " I remember when dad was alive he kept her under control or busy ,or both. There was always a lot of functions and I suspect she never really switched off after he passed away. She needs to be actively involved in everything,it drives me mad."

Nev: " I guess she'll keep Sylvia on her toes."

Pru: " Did I tell you she wants to be here for the birth?"

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Tue May 23, 2017 12:53 pm

There is a 'phone call for Moxey from Cal's office.

"Hi Moxey I'm sorry to interrupt your holiday, I know you're having a few days after the wedding but there's been a call from the school.They failed to contact you and, as you know my number is second on the list."

Moxey: " Don't worry Cal, what's the problem?"

Cal: " Someone was acting very suspiciously around the school and because of the circumstances they were concerned and acted quickly. It is as well you told them about the children's background because from what they told me a young woman, maybe Naomi or an associate, was trying to locate Guy and Beatrice but could not offer a credible explanation when questioned by staff. Additionally she and her companion became abusive when asked for identification. I may be panicking but this looks like a botched amateur abduction.When you consider the lack of planning I worry about their reaction to failure?"

Moxey: " Just as well we brought them with us for the wedding otherwise we would all have been at home this weekend."

Cal: " Can I suggest you take care Moxey ,they may still be around and undoubtedly have your address and could try again."

Moxey: " Ok Cal I get the message, they sound like a couple of prats but could still be dangerous. As you say being thick just makes them more unpredictable. I wonder what made them set off apparently without a plan?"

Cal: "Exactly, it makes me worried too. I had a word with Bob Smith and he said he transferred the account from McGoonagles to you as the estate administrator. It begs the question however, if that had something to do with it?"

Moxey: " Do you think someone at McGoonagles told Naomi the funding account had been moved?"

Cal: " Looks that way Moxey!"

Moxey talks to Chris after he finishes his call with Cal.

Moxey: " Hi Chris how are you these days?"

Chris: " Fine thanks Moxey, how was the wedding?"

Moxey: " Everything went off well, but that's not what I'm 'phoning about Chris. I don't know who else to talk to kiddah, but there's a problem and I want to know if you can help." Moxey explained about the message from Cal and gave him the background to the family.

Chris: " Sorry to hear about this Moxey,but let me make a few enquiries and I'll get back to you.In the meantime be careful,I don't need to tell you to play it cool with Chrissy . I think we have a couple of our guys over at Cal's keeping an eye on Grainger as a favour to Gary. I can see about a redeployment. Get back to you Mox."