Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Aloe Goodbye

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Re: Aloe Goodbye

Post by 936trt » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:37 am

Chrissy has a call from Wyman.

Wyman: " Hello mum, I have a bone to pick with you. I've just heard from Barry that you and Moxey tied the knot. Don't you think you could have mentioned it ?"

Chrissy: " I was going to son , don't take it the wrong way but I could tell that your main concern was with Mai. Anyway have you managed to make any progress?"

Wyman: " Don't change the subject. I know that you and Moxey will be very happy, I've seen the difference in both of you since you've been together.Tell Moxey I'll call him Dad when I see him next."

Chrissy: " Yeah,that'll be the day.So what's happening with you?"

Wyman: "Not a lot but don't worry I'll keep you posted Mrs Moxey."

Bob Smith has been checking through the documentation from McGoonagles.

Bob: " Hi Moxey I have found some inconsistencies but nothing you hadn't anticipated.The Liverpool orphanage didn't know about Jackies gift . I have made them aware. Not sure how that could have been played to McGoonagles' advantage, however,it appears your involvement may be what screwed their plans.We'll probably never know. There were two authorised signatories for the childrens' UK account, Campbell and the headmaster. I know,I know it could all have been above board. Anyway it's now resolved. I re jigged the Irvines contract as you instructed, I'm sure they will be very happy. In regard to the estate I am surprised that the will does not mention the mining interests in South Africa or the vineyard in the south of France. There is a lot more to do. I hope I'm not overstepping my remit?"

Moxey:" No Bob ,carry on it looks like McGoonagles were not thorough."

Bob:" That is an understatement. By the way there is mention of Kilgrinnan Castle during the Jacobite troubles and the family have their own tartan."

Moxey:" I'll be sure to tell the kids.Thanks Bob."

Later Chrissy is chatting with Moxey.

Chrissy: " Now that I have my head around the situation I think we shall have to make some more changes."

Moxey:" What do you mean ,more changes?"

Chrissy: "Well I need to spend more time with Beatrice.She's a lovely little girl Moxey, I would have liked a daughter and Wyman was a lovely little boy ,even when he became a teenager, but it's not the same. I will talk to Dagmar when we get back. I know she's keen to have a bigger part in Chrysalis and that's what I think we should offer her. Do you think Dennis would object?"

Moxey:" No, I bet Den would tell her to jump at the chance."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:38 pm

"She's a lovely little girl" Where have we heard that before ?

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:13 am

Dennis meets Nev at their next job, an old colonial house in Havana .

Dennis: " Dear me this needs more than a lick of paint."

Nev: " Aye it's more a rebuild than a repair. Anyway, Den did you get a call from Detlef ?"

Dennis: " Aye he 'phoned Dagmar and we're to meet him and Debbie at this place in town about half eight.What's it about ,do you know ?"

Nev: " No idea Den that's why I'm asking you. Are you thinking what I'm thinking ,they're engaged or married?"

Dennis: " I know they didn't come via Gretna, but that's Dagmar's opinion as well.We'll find out tonight bonny lad."

Chris is on the 'phone to Chrissy.

Chris: " Hi Chrissy I hope you are enjoying your new life as Mrs Moxey. Congratulations it sounds like you have had a really eventful trip."

Chrissy: " Absolutely, and I had no idea what a beautiful country it is . However you didn't ring just to say hello did you?"

Chris: " I'm hurt Chrissy ,of course I'm always concerned for you, but I thought you'd like to know some properties have just come on the market they could be a bargain .If you want a looksee I can give you a lift,there is an airstrip we can use."

Chrissy: " Sure, we'll be back in Kingston this afternoon, as soon as we're unpacked I'll 'phone you."

Wyman was picked up at the airport by Chip. He spent most of the journey listening to the story about Mia's death.

Wyman: " So the cops have got this guy in custody?"

Chip: " No, they had to let him go ,not enough evidence to keep him."

Wyman: " So what happens now?"

Chip: " The feds are all over the res but we don't think anything is going to happen soon.
Ok we're here .I have to tell you uncle Charlie says you must see him .I've got a room sorted out at the Sonora where you stayed before ,and you can use the old pickup if you want.I am glad to see you Wy man.Let me know if you need anything."

Wyman: " Thanks Chip,I'll be in touch."

He walked past Lainies place heading toward the medicine man's house which if possible looked more run down than the last time he saw it.The sound of a tv playing drowned out his banging on the door. He walked through calling Charlies name. The tv was playing "I Love Lucy" and Charlie was laughing very loudly. He turned as Wyman came into the room.

" Wy man the big guy says get your ass into gear. I don't know why you say arse and we say ass.Whatever. I see your friend that ran from the limey cop is ok now.There is a cop looking for you Wy man."

Wyman: " What does this cop want?" Charlie was fast asleep.

Sounds from the kitchen, a girls voice." Uncle Charlie ,where's that shirt for the wash?" A dark haired girl in shirt and jeans came out of the kitchen." Sorry uncle Charlie ,didn't know you had a visitor."

Wyman: " He's asleep,we should turn of the tv. My names Wyman, are you looking after him?" The girl laughed and said no she was only helping out for a few days." I'm a family friend ,I'm called Mel." After shaking hands Wyman turned off the tv.
"That's better I couldn't hear myself think. Does he fall asleep a lot?"

Mel:" More so now than before. He's told us all he's over a hundred and ten and is allowed to fall asleep. I know you,you came with the bridge people years ago and again just before Mai died."

Wyman: " Yes I heard about that from Lainie , that's why I'm here now."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:44 pm

Debbie's up the spout ! :D

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Mel: " Wy man can you help me with these boxes?"

Wyman: "Sure pet , where do you want them?"

Mel: " In the yard out back with all the others. Uncle Charlie isn't big on moving trash. Where are you staying?"

Wyman: " Chip has sorted me a room up at the Sonora ,we all stayed there before."

Mel: " Pretty swish up there. You must be some fancy dude."

Wyman: " Why'd you say that?"

Mel : " Well none of us poor natives can afford it up there."

Wyman: " Well you know friends discount." Wyman laughed to cover his embarassment, while Mel just stared.

Mel:" I've just had a thought, did you know Mai?"

Wyman: " Yes,we met a few years ago."

Mel: " So." She paused and looked directly at him." Are you little Mai's father?"

Wyman: " Hey,what is this, an interrogation?"

Mel: "Sorry,sorry, I can't help it it's the job. I was re assigned here by the Department of Indian Affairs ,I usually work out of Phoenix."

Wyman: " So you must be the cop that Charlie said was looking for me ? Well I've answered enough questions. If there's anything else you want you know where I am ,just up the road." He turned on his heel and set off back to the pickup.

Six people are sat around a table in the El Floridita, in Old Havana.

Dagmar: " This is a very interesting place Detlef?"

Detlef: " Well I hear so much about Papa Hemingway that I thought I, we, should pay our respects. Have you not been here before?"

Pru: " I was brought here as part of my acclimatisation when I first arrived. They do a very good Mojito I'm told."

Dennis : " I know Oz has been ,Ofelia brought him. Anyway son you obviously have something in mind to arrange for us four to be here .Dagmar has been really worked up......." Dennis jumped as Dagmars foot made contact with his shin.

Dagmar: " As usual your father is exaggerating, but we would all like to know. Can you put us out of our misery?"

Detlef: " Misery, I hope not.I would think you may have guessed already." He turned to Nev and smiled." Nev I couldn't wait." He turned to Debbie, who up to now had said very little. She put her hand in Detlefs who then held it up in front of Nev, who saw a ring. Nev froze , he couldn't speak ,his mouth slightly open.

Nev: " Is that what I think it is ?"

Detlef: " Mr Hope. Sir, I am asking you if I have your permission to marry Debbie." Some curious barstaff and several waiters had been watching as this group was quieter than their usual clientele and gathered what was happening when
the ring had been shown to Nev. Pru and Dagmar were both close to tears, Nev stood up and gathered Debbie in his arms.

Nev : " Of course young man if my daughter will have you ,then who am I to refuse." There was a loud cheer from the whole room as the news of the engagement spread .People crowded around them to offer their congratulations and to join in the celebrations with more Mojitos.

Dennis: " Well Detlef I am happy for you but I have to say Oz is going to be mad that he missed this .Still there'll be other opportunities I dare say."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:57 pm

She must be. ;)

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:51 am

After the engagement party Detlef arranged to meet with the lads on site in Havana to discuss some developments surrounding the smuggling ring exposed at Barry's plant.

Oz: " Now then kiddah isn't this a bit cloak and dagger?"

Detlef: " You will see I think, why we are meeting like this as I explain. You may know that Barry's ex accountant ,Trevor,was one of those behind the ring, but during an examination of the firms' computers our guys came up with several names linked to Mrs Taylor." There was a collective sigh.

Nev:" Are you saying Tatiana is involved Detlef?"

Detlef: " No, not definitively, but I have to ask do any of you know if she might be?"

Dennis: " Come on lad, her and Barry have been together happily for years,they have a bairn as well. She did give him a bad time but that was ages ago. Isn't this just ,how you say circumstantial?"

Detlef: " True to a point. Bear in mind it was Barry who came to me with the info on the containers and Trevor's involvement, but for this to work as well as it did there must have been someone co ordinating the container logistics outside the UK as well. My department has a file of the previous Taylor company exploits with diamonds and it contains a number of Eastern European names which have turned up, again but this time in emails ."

Nev: " But how does this involve Tatiana?"

Detlef: " Did you know she has a sister called Zoe? Well Zoe corresponds a lot by email particularly concerning deliveries of aloe vera to the factory."

Dennis: " Have you tackled Barry about this yet?"

Detlef: " No I haven't and frankly I feel embarrassed because he is a family friend ,but as a policeman I must consider him a person of interest. That's why I am meeting with you like this which really isn't correct procedure."

Oz: " Howay man you surely can't think that Barry would be involved in people smuggling? "

Detlef: " Personally no but I have to be objective and that's why if anyone might know if there is a conflict, now is the time to try to resolve it."

Nev: "These emails Detlef ,were they addressed to Tatiana?"

Detlef: " No ,they only refer to a user name at the company email address,and always about arrival times of the containers ."

Nev: " Can you not find out who the user name belongs to ? "

Detlef: " Yes we have. It is one that Tatiana has used."

Dennis: " So would it not be more straightforward to check at her sisters end?"

Detlef: " Problem is we can't locate her, but we do know Tatiana's whereabouts. I am under some pressure to chase this up but if there is a link with people smuggling ......"

Oz: " Bloody hell ,what can we do ?"

Nev: " Is there some way we can access Tatiana's emails without her knowing?"

Dennis: " Are you talking about hacking into someones computer Nev?"

Nev: " I'm just trying to think of ways to get to the bottom of this Den.We don't want Barry ,or his missus, locked up if it can be avoided."

Detlef: "You have no idea what a tin of worms that would be if anyone thought Border control were involved in hacking."

Oz: " If you want my opinion I'd just ask her outright,what the hell's going on Tatiana,and see what happens."

Nev: " If I ask Heather very nicely she might help,I'm sure they do that sort of thing all the time."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:35 pm

It will take more than a tin of worms to catch that Great White ! :twisted:

936trt
Plumber
Plumber

Post by 936trt » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:57 am

Mel shouted after Wyman. " I might take you up on that ,it sounds like an invitation." Wyman turned and looked back to see Mel with a big grin on her face.

Wyman: " Whatever."

After he unpacked he showered, changed and sampled the contents of the minibar. For some reason Wyman was unsettled. He felt sure it was nothing that Mel had said although he realised she knew which buttons to press. It must be something to do with his last visit here. He found himself wandering up to the sweat lodge, drink in hand. The view over to the Crow River was breathtaking and he spent a few minutes just looking. He turned at the sound of voices , only to get a glimpse of two familiar figures walking away from the lodge .Wyman thought " I might have guessed,Joe Saugus and Bomber, why am I not surprised ? "

" Do you often talk to yourself Wy man?" This time he wasn't mistaken ,it was Mel.

Wyman: " Bloody Norah ,do you make a habit of creeping up on people?"

Mel laughed ." Only suspects but then I usually make an arrest.Why are you so touchy ?" Wyman realised she was right, he was on edge.

Wyman: " I'm sorry pet .I have memories of this place, mainly to do with friends, one in particular a guy we called Bomber, he came to live and eventually to die out here."

Mel: " Are you ok Wy man, you look a bit pale?"

Wyman smiled ." It's nothing .It's happened before. I guess there are strong ties here for Bomber and for Joe."

Mel: " You just seen them?"

Wyman: " Yes, how'd you know?"

Mel: " Uncle Charlie said you would be at the sweat lodge, and I should accept your invitation incidentally. We are never alone up here. It is a sacred place for us, so I am not surprised especially if he was a close friend."

Wyman: " When I first met up with what you call "the bridge gang" I was the youngest and he sort of looked out for me."

Mel: " I see. You miss him I think?"

Wyman: " Sometimes more than others. Anyway I could do as Uncle Charlie says and offer you a drink from my minibar .We can sit outside of course ?"

Mel:" Uncle Charlie didn't say anything about a drink but it sounds like an idea."

Pru is explaining to Nev what Heather has found out from a preliminary "investigation" as she called it.

Pru: " Heather says you must understand this never happened Neville?" Nev nodded his head .
"Once able to intercept the containers, hiding drugs in among the aloe was easy. The people smuggling was a different kettle of fish.The prime mover here was Trevor, he outwitted Zoe and when she realised he'd muscled in with her contacts at the container contractors there was nothing she could do.Heather says we see this in emails she sent to Tatiana explaining what had happened and that she should be aware the aloe supplies might not turn up. Tatiana didn't say anything to Barry ,she told Zoe she didn't think he would understand .Trevor was correct in that regard, her history conspired against her. Personally I think she sees operating a franchise within Chrysalis as an escape route."

Neville: " But surely she will have to tell Barry ,he's going to find out anyway?"

Pru: " Yes I think she should and maybe the sooner the better. When Detlefs' colleagues are close to making arrests we don't want to see her swept up with the others."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Trevor ? Trevor !!!