Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Aloe Goodbye

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Aloe Goodbye

Post by Tracy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:18 am

Proxies Moxey. :P

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:03 am

Moxey and Chrissy are finishing their coffee,Guy and Beatrice had gone after the meal to play music in the hotels' entertainment suite.

Moxey: " You remember what Oz told us about Chris and CWN?"

Chrissy: " Is this going to spoil our holiday Moxey?"

Moxey: " No Chrissy ,it is not and to be fair I told you that before we came. No. The point is I think I see it better now. Twice a year huge numbers of people get together to celebrate the war of independence and their hero the leader of the Gauchos. That's what Pablo told us . I realise now, it's perfect cover for our guys to get together without drawing too much attention to themselves.Everyone is dressed up as gauchos.I have to tell the lads. If Kenny's mates want to take it further they'll need help."

Chrissy: " Mox you've lost me,what do you mean? "

Moxey: " One of Kenny's friends who told him about the Stille family, is connected to the Simon Wiesenthal Centre."

Chrissy: " These are the Nazi hunters I've heard about ? "

Moxey: " Yes and they are interested in the Stille brothers, in effect Chris's family."

Chrissy: " If you are right then these guys are over ninety years old ? "

Moxey: " The way they see it if they are guilty they need to be brought to book."

Chrissy: " So it was their company that supported the Nazis and they had uranium mines in South America? "

Moxey: " Yes and maybe the mines are still viable. Kenny's friend also made the point he knows there are sympathisers out there . Anyway Kenny is more interested in what CWN are doing now and how he can protect his family, the two Victorias. That's why he's made over his assets to Oz."

Chrissy : " So see if I've got this right.Chris's company CWN was really started years ago by family members who were supporters of the Nazis. The company name was changed and Chris put in charge. The worry now is that we think they may still be active in some way and don't have our best interests at heart ."

Moxey: " Yes. That photo I was looking at I'm sending on to Oz.I recognised the guy in the middle." He showed Chrissy the picture on his 'phone.A middle aged man in gaucho costume stood between two older men,similarly attired ,with his arms around their shoulders. " The guy in the middle was employed on the site in Dusseldorf. We now know he was there as a minder to look after Christa. His name is Ulrich."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:38 pm

aahhh now ya cookin ! Didn't see that coming. Perhaps there was a cock-up afterall ?!!! :?

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:50 pm

Oz 'phones Vicky.

Oz: " Hi Vicky, we're not far away now .Should be in the marina this afternoon. Has everything been sorted for the handover?"

Vicky: " Hello Oz , Kenny told me Father Beneficio has suggested a change of venue just to be on the safe side. I guess Bobby has been informed by now. It's another marina down the coast. His people are very careful but it's a bit worrying these last minute changes."

Oz: " Don't bother yourself pet, we got this far without any bother. I'll 'phone when it's all over."

Vicky: " Ok Oz ,we're all a bit wired since Baz found out someone tried to access our 'phone system. Since then we've been using these pre paid ones like you. See you when you land."

Oz wandered off to chat with Bobby as they were approching the coast .

Bobby: " I told the captain to make for this place down the coast like Kenny suggested .It's only a little south of Marbella. The priest and a group his people will meet us and the handover will be kept as short as possible. Security is at the top of their list."

Oz: " I got the impression from Vicky that there might have been a problem." Dennis had joined them .

Dennis: " Are we expecting trouble Oz?"

Oz: " No Den.I think it's just a precaution the priests' security is very tightl." By this time Barry had joined them , mojito in hand.

Barry: " No body knows what we've been up to. If there is something iffy it's probably to do with that bloody Christopher Norris ! "

Dennis: " Barry man take it easy there's no reason to suppose Chris has anything to do with this at all. How many of those have you had?"

Barry : " Just a couple to steady my nerves."

Oz: " Barry , like Den said take it easy.It's probably nothing. Anyway if the priest ordered the change it must be kosher."

Barry: " Would be better if he'd been a Rabbi then." Barry continued to stuff his face with cream cakes and pastries.

The Lady Sarah Victoria slid slowly into the marina and edged toward a berth. There were two large cars parked both with darkened windows.As the hands made fast at bow and stern a door opened in the lead car and three figures emerged,one with a dog collar.

Oz : " Well that looks promising eh Den. He's got some heavy security in those two bruisers ? "

The priests party came on board and they all sat around a table in the lounge,Father Beneficio flanked by his two minders with Den,Oz and Barry opposite .

Oz : " Well I guess you must be Father Beneficio , Mr Ames told us to expect you. Shall we call you Father ?

The priest smiled and said :" That will be fine my son. These two gentlemen are my security and in the car outside we have a number of additional staff who have been monitoring progress. They were responsible for detecting the attempt on Mr Ames's comms prompting re scheduling our meeting place. However to business .These two gentlemen are your colleagues Mr Pattinson and Mr Taylor?" Den and Barry introduced themselves.

Oz : " Can we offer you some refreshment Father?"

Father Beneficio :"Thankyou but no .I would prefer we move quickly.Can we see the articles please?"

Barry and Dennis lifted the two haversacks on to the table and retrieved the bundles still wrapped in sackcloth. One of the minders produced a flick knife which he passed to the priest,who carefully slit open one of the packages. He looked carefully before opening two more.He got to his feet and nodding to his colleagues they swept all the packages into the haversacks and made to leave.

Father Beneficio: " Excellent ,You have done well .I take it they are as you found them? "

Oz : " Yes as you were told, we removed them from the hiding place in the drains outside the church ,into the haversacks and they haven't been touched since."

Dennis: " Oz, don't antagonise the Father .He just needs to know everything that happened." Oz rolled his eyes.

Father Beneficio: " I believe we owe you a great debt. You will never know how much the church appreciates the return of these artefacts. They have been missing for too long.Thankyou gentlemen." They made their way to the side and were on the ladder when Barry spoke.

Barry: " Father, can you tell us what these artefacts are ?"

Father Beneficio: " Surely my son.They are part of an icon which we can now assemble." There was the sound of screeching tyres and they saw the second car accelerate toward the water.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:39 pm

OP

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:08 pm

The car headed directly toward the priest and his bodyguards. There was gunfire and glass showering over the pontoon as the car windows exploded and the vehicle came to a halt. There was more gunfire, the leading bodyguard was hit and fell into the water. The second minder grabbed the priest and jumped back on to the deck as everyone was shouting " Get down. " Bobby and two crew members had pushed Dagmar and Tatiana to the floor while Oz manhandled Ofelia and Sofie behind the deckhouse.Dennis was helping Barry below decks with an arm wound.As more gunshots rang out Bobby cut the bowline , another crew member cut the stern rope.With engines roaring the stern dipped as the screws took hold.The Lady Sarah shot off into the marina leaving an enormous wake and scores of waving masts.

Bobby: " We're out of their line of sight and I guess out of range by now. Is Father Ben ok?"

Oz: " Aye ,although this lad took one in the side, his mate is long gone I'm afraid. I'll go see how Barry is. I could do with a drink kiddah." As Oz joined the others below he could hear Sofie crying.

Ofelia: " Don't cry little one ,it's all over now." She looked at Oz ." Are we safe for the time being ?"

Oz: " I think so .The shooting I think was meant for the priest and his people."

Dagmar was talking to Dennis who had poured a mojito for Barry." Purely medicinal mate. Get it down your neck. The medico here says it's just a flesh wound."

Dagmar: " I heard shots and Ofelia yelling, we grabbed Sofie and that's when Oz pushed us behind the deckhouse. Dennis I am frightened .Who are these people?"

Dennis: " Here pet have one of these .Settle your nerves .It's been a shock for all of us. I'm going to have a word with the priest and find out what the hell is going on.We didn't sign up for this."

Oz : " Now then Den I just heard what you said, let's do this one step at a time." Oz took Dennis's elbow and they both headed over to where Father Beneficio was talking to the remaining bodyguard.

Tatiana: " Barry what is this ,I don't know what is happening.I saw the windows blow out of the car, and heard automatic fire and saw the guard get shot as he pulled the priest back on board."

Barry: " Sorry petal I don't know any more than you.Den's right I reckon the priest knows more than he's saying."

Dennis: " Here Father try this ,it will help." He passed him a double whisky .

Father Beneficio: " Thank you my son .We have not been so lucky I think, in spite of all our precautions. Poor Manuel is in the arms of the Lord. My friends in our other car were taken by surprise it seems.I do not know how we could have been found. I am angry there has been loss of life. I must ask how is your friend Mr Taylor?"

Oz: " He'll be fine father .I have some questions however. We were not expecting any violence during this expedition,which is why we brought our families and children.It was expected to be more or less a holiday while we did a friend a favour. But you must have had an idea something wasn't right when you changed the venue for the handover. Would you like to tell us about that?"

Father Beneficio: " As we made our way to Marbella we heard the backup car had picked up messaging which can only have come from this vessel. Mr Ames confirmed that you would never prejudice our security. So I assumed it was an error but changed the meeting place to be on the safe side."

Oz: " Who are these people chasing us? "

Father Beneficio: " They are associates of the original thieves."

Barry: " My primary concern at the moment is not how they found us but how did they even know to look for us?"

Father Beneficio: " This is a big and expensive vessel and attracts attention but it's not the only one in this part of the world. There must be something else which led them to us. None of us would ever say anything about the artefacts.I am at a loss."

Barry : " Excuse me .I must go and talk to my wife."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:03 am

Come now Tatiana, confession time. :shock:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:36 am

Barry and Tatiana came into the lounge with Anna who was holding tightly on to her mothers hand.

Oz: " Now then Bazza ,ok?"

Barry: " I have an announcement to make, Oz could everyone give me a minute to explain ? " Barry turned and looked at Dennis and inclined his head toward the door to the deck. Den lifted his head as though to speak ,and then nodded back to Barry.

Barry: " Since we boarded the Lady Sarah Victoria our daughter Anna has been frequenting the galley where she befriended the chef who has been teaching her food preparation. She also had access to his smart phone for playing games, we had temporarily confiscated her 'phone some time ago, but that's another story. However Stuart can explain." At that the chef stepped forward .

Stuart: " I'm pretty friendly with Mr Ames staff, I'm from the North East and I know Big Baz you see." He looked at Father Beneficio who was fidgeting. " Bear with me Father I won't be long .You see Anna heard my 'phone buzzing and told me someone was trying to get in touch.It was Baz. He asked me if we were ok, he sounded pretty shaken because they'd had a call from Father Beneficio to say his party had been ambushed .I realised what had happened and went to get Mr Taylor .You are not the Father are you sir?" The priest made to get up heading for the door but Dennis blocked the exit and Oz grabbed the wounded Philipe.

Barry: " We were all fooled by the dog collar and you being where you were expected to be. The fighting in the second car was caused by the real priests' security who had caught up and launched a counter attack ."

Stuart: " When Baz was sure we were more or less safe he asked where we were and said they would send a rescue team."

Barry :" I can tell you Tatiana and I are relieved now. After the good Fathers talk about security lapses I thought we were going to find our Anna , unable to resist the temptation, had used Stuarts 'phone for posting on social media and given away our position. That's not the case and I apologise. Sorry Anna." Anna looked at Barry and just shook her head. " It was Vicky who told Oz about the new location because Baz thought their 'phones had been compromised.He was correct but they hadn't got all the bugs and that's how this lot knew where to go."

The sound of a helicopter drowned out the conversation and then they heard an amplified voice " Lady Sara Victoria ,stop your engines."

Oz : " This takes me back ,same part of the world ,different boat."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:55 am

Impersonating a priest ? Good heavens, whatever next ??? :o

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:57 am

Moxey and family are in transit to Jamaica.

Chrissy has the window seat and is deep in thought.She turns to speak to Moxey.

Chrissy: " Mox I have to confess I'm not looking forward to the flat in Kingstan.Not after the places we've stayed in recently."

Moxey: " Aye ,I'm feeling the same,I know what you mean. I never had holidays you know, except when I was away with the lads like. It felt like what I thought a holiday was. It shakes you up a bit doesn't it?"

Chrissy: " I had a word with Beatrice and found out why she wasn't happy."

Moxey: " What was it?"

Chrissy: " Some of the kids at school told her she must get a gun then she can join the gang."

Moxey: " Bloody Norah I know it's been in the papers but I never thought it was at the school."

Chrissy: " She doesn't mix with all the kids and when I asked her why she said some say she's a spoiled rich kid and others
say nasty things about you and me, and that's why she didn't tell me in case we went to the school and made things worse."

Moxey: " Did you say anything to Guy?"

Chrissy: " I did but he doesn't mix with the younger ones. He said he wasn't surprised about the guns though."

Moxey: " Ok it looks like we're late at finding this out but now we know let's move them somewhere safer. in fact let's all move,we'll have a complete change. Let's take some more time off. What about Nassau I like the Bahamas? "

Chrissy laughed: " You don't mess about Mox do you?"

Moxey: " Well will you ring Bob Smith or will I ?" Chrissy laughed again as she leaned over to whisper to Beatrice who turned and laughed as well.

After the coastguard had taken the fake priest and his minder away Bobby had the captain turn round and head back to the marina .

Oz and the lads were trying to relax over the inevitable drinks and figure out what to do next.

Oz: " I spoke to Bobby and he said Baz relayed everything to Vicky give Kenny an edited version .The real Father Beneficio will be up at Kenny's castle and we will meet up there.
In the meantime I have had a text from Moxey."

Dennis: " So what's he been up to in Argentina?"

Oz : " Actually he's struck paydirt.There was this rumour you remember that the uncles had meetings in South America at certain times and places and at one of the places Moxey went to he found photographic evidence."

Barry: " Bloody hell Oz did he find them ? "

Oz : " Well no not directly but he sent me some pictures of photographs he came across of Chris's uncles along with someone we all know and love from an earlier episode in our lives. Here have a look."

Dennis: " Never in this bloody world !"

Barry : " I can't believe it .It's that bloody Ulrich isn't it?"

Oz: " Spot on Barry. Herr Ulrich ,the man employed to keep an eye on Christa and, we know now, later to watch over the heir to the fortune. This all separate to a spell in Dusseldorf keeping a fatherly eye on some homesick lovable brickies."

Dennis: " Bollocks."

Barry : " Double bollocks."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:22 pm

OP

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:13 pm

As the team were boarding the waiting minibuses at the marina Bobby was shaking hands with them all in turn.

Bobby: " Well Mr Osborne it has been a very interesting trip. Perhaps we may meet again , who can tell? "

Oz: " Thanks for everything Bobby. As you say who can tell. "

Anna had just given Stuart a tearful hug and ran off to catch up with the others.

The journey to Kenny Ames's was relaxing and they were greeted by Vicky and Big Baz when their transport stopped at the very imposing doors. Baz had a team of six who spirited away the many bags and cases.

Vicky: " Hello everyone ,Kenny is resting but will see you all at dinner. Oz, he asks if you will bring Den and Barry to his room as soon as you are all installed. He wants you to meet with Father Beneficio as soon as. The father is on a tight schedule and will be leaving this evening."

Oz: " Sure, no problem Vicky, but just now I want to introduce you to Ofelia and Sofie ."

Vicky was smiling at Oz's poorly disguised embarrassment.

Vicky : " Of course Oz." Turning to Ofelia she smiled. " I thought you must be Ofelia ,Oz has told me so much about you. He really is the most lucky man." Vicky kneeled down to look at Sofie. " You will be Sofie.Your dad tells me that you are a wonderful little girl." Sofie grinned and looked up at Vicky.

Sofie: " You are the lady who has a nun for a daughter? "

Vicky: " That's the truth little one and you may see her later.Would you like that?"

Sofie: " Yes I would ,mama says she is very special and the ship has the same name ." Vicky stood up and glanced at Oz who turned away too quickly.

Vicky : " So Ofelia ,we will talk later at dinner ,one of the girls will show you to your rooms. Tell me did you like the apricot Dior ? "

Ofelia: " It is wonderful Vicky, the boys told me you were behind it all. You have a good eye Vicky."

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:06 pm

Detlef was driving to a restaurant on the road out to Biscayne Bay .He had replied to Heathers text setting up the meeting that afternoon and as he parked noted Heathers car close to the exit. He walked into the foyer and saw Heather sat by a window ,waving at him to join her.

As they exchanged greetings she spoke.

Heather: " Hello again Detlef .How are you?"

Detlef: " I'm fine ,and you?"

Heather: " Tickety boo , soldiering on, mustn't grumble , you know. What can I get you?"

Detlef: " I'll have the same as you." Heather waved to the waitress. " Same here and again my dear. Thankyou."

When the drinks arrived Heather looked across at Detlef.

Heather: " Well have you given some thought to the proposition?"

Detlef: " Yes I have and the answer is yes. You told me I would need to be approved by the big wheel and signed up before we could proceed. When is that to be? "

Heather: " Right here and now. " She retrieved an A4 sheet from the envelope folder jammed between the armrest and her leg." There you go Detlef. Sign at the bottom but only if you are sure. Don't look now but the guy at the seat behind will come over when he sees you take up your pen." The look of amazement on Detlef's face made Heather laugh as the gentleman from behind walked over to their table, leaned across with his hand on Detlef's shoulder, smiled at both of them and said " That wasn't so painful,was it." as Detlef signed on the dotted line.

Heather: " Well done Detlef. " She picked up the signed sheet, put it into her folder and returned it to it's place by the armrest.

Heather: " That really is a job well done ."

Detlef: " Just a minute Heather. You said I would be inducted by the big wheel." He looked over his shoulder but the guy had left." Was that him?"

Heather laughed : " No . As of last month I am the big wheel in the Caribbean. I will appoint a handler for you very soon.Please take care in the meantime .Our friend is under a shadow at the moment.This may be because his intel stream from Dennis and co has all but dried up or it could be ripples from the splash made by Kenny Ames . Or both, or neither. " Heather gathered up her folder and left waving goodbye over her shoulder then handing some cash to the waitress.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:23 pm

"... appoint a handler..." So Detlef is going to be a Retriever ? He will be popular with Moxey then !

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Chrissy has answered a 'phone call from Wyman.

Chrissy: " Well hello to you too,how are things ?"

Wyman: " I'm good mum, I guess everything is ok with you after the trip to Patagonia?"

Chrissy : " It was super especially the kayaking . I never dreamed I would ever do it, but now I've tried it I like it .Anyway you said you had something to run by me?"

Wyman: " Yes.You remember when me and the lads were in Arizona we stayed in that Sonora place I told you about?"

Chrissy: " Yes it was pretty swish I recall."

Wyman: " I think I could improve on it by adding the Chrysalis factor. What do you think?" There was a pause while Chrissy processed the information.

Chrissy: " It sounds ok son ,I 've never seen the place of course and you know we have not always been met with open arms when we've set up Chrysalis facilities. Will the locals accept such a change?"

Wyman: " I've always found most of them to be ok. I think I could sell it to Chip, and I have another reason."

Chrissy : " I thought you might.Is this to do with Mel and the little one?"

Wyman: " Not much gets past you Chrissy?"

Barry and Dennis were making their way up to Kenny's room, and admiring the decor.

Barry: "Reminiscent of old Castillian with a smattering of the Moorish I would say. Would you agree Den?"

Dennis: " Jesus H Christ ! Barry you do talk a load of shite sometimes. It's a canny enough place and it looks like a castle that's all there is to say man."

Oz is just leaving Ofelia after they had both been looking from the balcony across the gardens.

Ofelia: " Is a beautiful place my petal ,but I don't think it could be my home. Is not Cuba. Oz I cannot leave my family. Is painful enough for me to think of you away from me and Sofie such a lot....." She trailed off looking at Oz,tears forming in her eyes as he set his shoulders and began to walk away,

Oz: " I have to go pet, Kenny is expecting us . I should have known from when I asked you once before to leave Cuba. You know this is a huge thing for me ,what Kenny has done.It will affect us all. It can change our lives.I don't want it to slip by me. We will find a way."

`In Kenny's room the real Father Beneficio had been introduced to the lads.

Oz: " We are all pleased to meet you,the real Father Beneficio,at last."

Father Beneficio: " Indeed Mr Ames has told me of your adventures and these items are the fruits of your labours?"

Dennis: " They are Father." He was interrupted by the priest." Please we should be on first name terms. I am known as Ben. You are Dennis?"

Dennis: " Usually Den,this is Oz and this one is known as Barry. Anyway two of the bags were opened by the other guy on the Sara Victoria."

Barry: " Can I ask Ben,was he telling the truth that these are only part of a larger thingy?"

The priest looked at Kenny who looked back at him,shaking his head.

Ben: " Clearly you do not know the background.I will try to explain.The church guards it's treasures in many ways and this is one way. Imagine an item so precious it is never displayed- this is sounding like Indiana Jones. No ? " He laughed and it helped to break the building tension .

Oz : " We're not into Holy Grail territory are we Ben?"

Ben: " No, yet an item as venerated my son .But the story, I digress. An item passed from soldier to priest, lost and found again.Years later stolen but recovered by people who conceived an idea to protect the artefact for ever. These pieces you rescued ,and others were made to celebrate and conceal at the same time. True the items are all very valuable but the real value was unknown to the most recentthieves .You will never know how much mother church thanks you for your efforts and courage." At this point Oz looked across to Kenny.

Oz : " Kenny .I asked you before we left if there was any danger and you played it down."

Kenny: " Oz ,nothing is without an element of risk. Hear the father out."

Ben: " Eventually a secure hiding place was chosen and the key to it's location concealed within the very design of the devotional icon." He beckoned them to follow and walked into the adjacent room pushing Kenny in a wheelchair he had taken to since Oz had seen him last. In the centre of the room was a low, glass topped table upon which several gold and jewel encrusted pieces were arranged.

Ben : " I am going to try to assemble the parts you rescued into this .Then we will see what we shall see. Wish me luck."