Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Little fleas have lesser fleas.........

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Little fleas have lesser fleas.........

Post by 936trt » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:32 pm

Little fleas have lesser fleas……

Dennis Paterson and Neville Hope are reflecting on the beneficial effects of alcohol and a virtuous life , relaxing in Debbies back garden .

Neville :” Aye we should be pleased the way things turned out. Pass us another beer Den .”

Dennis :” It’s a canny place they’ve got here though but.”

Neville :” Aye ,I told Detlef those trees he planted don’t block the sun ,we could be here for another hour I reckon.” Dennis nodded in agreement. They both sat in silence for a few minutes.

Dennis :” Y’kna if anyone had told me I’d be spending so much of my time on a lap top when I retired I’d have said they were off their trolley.”

Neville :” It was after the last job in Cuba you got it wasn’t it?”

Dennis :”Aye. I’d fancied one ever since I’d seen Oz with his in Middlesbrough years ago.”

Neville :” Mind ,didn’t I see you with a tablet the other day, is it yours or Dagmar’s?”

Dennis :” Aye it’s mine .She wasn’t happy with me using hers, I said I find it easier ,my eyesight y’kna, so she said get your own.”

Neville :” I got an email from Barry on mine the other day, he said they were thinking about a holiday.” He got no further as they both turned when they heard a door slam and saw Debbie bearing down on them shouting.

Debbie :” Just what the hell have you been up to , eh?” Nev looked at Den frowning and shaking his head.

Neville :”Hey pet, what’s the matter?”

Debbie :”Don’t you pet me ,typical patriarchal attitude. Explain this!” She handed him her tablet open on a certain internet web site.

Neville “ What exactly am I looking at?” He looked just as mystified as Dennis.

Debbie :” Like you don’t know. I’m disgusted with you father. Are you going to deny it?”

Neville :” What the hell are you on about, deny what?”

Debbie :” There’s a story here for anyone to see on social media ,a thread for the uninitiated .” She glared at Dennis. “ It describes your serial betrayal of my mother ,culminating in a holiday, more like an orgy, in a bloody camper van of all things ,in Cuba !” Den started to laugh until Debbie sneered at him .

Neville :” It’s a load of bollocks .Well most of it.” Debbie shook her head in disbelief.

Debbie :” You’re admitting there is truth in this story?” Nev stood up ,nursing his bad knee, looking really angry.

Neville :”I’m not admitting anything and I’m objecting to my daughter accusing me of I’m not sure what ,all on the basis of an anonymous posting on a website designed by and for half wits!” Dennis was nodding in agreement and had to stifle a snigger. Debbie snatched the tablet from Nev and stormed back into the house.

Dennis :”Do you reckon it could have been Oz stirring it, I can’t see Barry or Moxey pulling a sick stunt like this?”

Neville :” I wouldn’t think so ,but who else knows about our time on Cuba?”

Dennis :” We all knew of course but two of the team have passed away.That leaves anybody else in the OED you might have told.”

Neville :”Don’t be daft Den, why would I do that. The question is who would want to stir it up for me after all this time?” Den was shaking his head as well.

Dennis :” I’m sorry to say this mate but she has the look of your Brenda at times.” Nev rolled his eyes heavenward.

Neville :” I hope and pray I’m wrong but …..”

Dennis :”Maybe we should have closer look at this site?”

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Little fleas have lesser fleas.........

Post by 936trt » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:56 pm

Sara has been unsuccessful trying to contact Dagmar and Pru on the Amesec telephone line and so tried Dagmar’s mobile number.

Sara :” Hi Dagmar ,I take it the lines are down again?”

Dagmar :” I’m afraid so Sara.It’s seriously affecting the business ,yet mister Norris seems unable to convince the contractors of the severity.”

Sara :” We were promised a much better experience when we agreed to the upgrade of the New Castle system. Do you know if Fantasy Films are similarly affected?” Sara heard a sigh from the ‘phone.

Dagmar :” I checked with them when we had the first outage and they reported they had no problem.”

Sara :” Curiouser and curiouser .I’ll have a word with Kenny, I think he knows someone at the contractors.Thanks Dagmar.”

Later that day Sara is having coffee with Vicky and Kenny who have returned to their lodge.

Sara :” So Kenny, you think there’s nothing your friend can do about it?”

Kenny :” No, sorry. I guess we can only draw it again to Chris’s attention ,but it is more than a nuisance now. It’s as well I’m not as commercially active shall we say, as I used to be because I’ve missed a lot of calls that once would have caused a lot of bother.”

Vicky :”It seemed fine when it was first installed that was a month or two ago,I’m pretty sure this all started when Heather took over the day to day from Chris.” Kenny sighed and put a hand on Vicky’s arm.

Kenny :” I know you have your theories my dear and I know you don’t get on but, really?”

Vicky :”Kenny ,have you forgotten what she said, she wanted to streamline all the New Castle internal systems and we had to be patient but it would be worth it. I’ve missed so many calls from the girls back home they think I’m ignoring them. I tell you it’s deliberate ,she wants us out of here.” Kenny and Sara began to laugh.” You may laugh but you’ll see I’m right.”

Sara :” I have to admit she’s become even more overbearing and I have a real problem in contacting Chris these days.She runs interference like an American footballer.”

Vicky :”Changing the subject Sara , have you seen all this stuff on social media about Neville?”

Sara :” I haven’t heard anything from Pru ,and Oz hasn’t mentioned anything ,although he has been away a lot recently.”

Vicky :”I assumed it must have been one of the lads ‘cos they were all in Cuba weren't they?”

Sara :’ But you don’t actually know who posted it?”

Vicky :”No, but then these things are usually anonymous anyway.”

Sara :” None of us would take this sort of thing seriously would we?”

Vicky :”Someone does Sara ,there have been a number of comments already and some are shall we say, not very nice.” Sara was frowning.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:17 am

Is this aboot Nev being a Man U fan ? :twisted:

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:10 pm

Chris is making his second trip to the New Castle this particular day, but now accompanied by Heather Lane and her assistant .

Chris :” As I explained earlier this floor is occupied by the Amesec foreign desks .Over there is the European department. Have a look round,I won’t be too long.” He walked quickly toward the elevator to keep his appointment with Kenny Ames, wondering why the assistant was whispering in Heathers ear .

Heather :” Chris said this floor will be available from next week after liaising with certain staff members.” She smiled.” Linda ,we will be undertaking a spring clean I think. Let’s continue with the recce.” Her assistant took floor measurements with a laser tape.

Linda :” This office has an outside view as well as oversight of the open plan section.” They both walked in and looked around.

Heather :” Find out how many occupy this space. “ She pointed outside. ”I’m surprised there is no cover during lunchtime. Make another note Linda.”

Linda :” Very well ms Lane .Are we going to the top floor?”

Heather :”Not presently .I understand most of that area is residential.” She smiled.” However that could change ,of course.” She turned as she heard a discreet cough behind her. It was Dagmar.

Dagmar :” Good afternoon. What are you doing in my office?” Heathers’ expression hardened.

Heather :” Perhaps you would care to identify yourself?”

Dagmar :” Do I need to call security or will you tell me who you are and what you are doing.Right now?”

Heather :” Very well ,if this is the reception afforded visitors we will need to address this failing when I make my report to mister Norris. Make a note of this Linda.” Dagmar didn’t get to make any further comment as Chris made a timely return , joining them in the office.He saw Dagmar and gave her a big smile.

Chris :” Well hello Dagmar, it’s been a while, how are you?” He approached and gave her a hug.Dagmar glared at Heather over Chris’ shoulder and replied to his greeting.

Dagmar :” Yes Chris, it was before we all went to Florida. I hope you are keeping well. I thought we’d found an interloper and was about to get security .” Chris laughed, Dagmar smiled and Heather glowered.

Pru and Dagmar are chatting about her encounter with Heather Lane.

Pru :” Well I haven’t seen her at all since Chris took over. I’m at a loss to understand. Things continued to run just as smoothly after he ascended the throne, even after we joined the lads across the pond. Why bring this woman in and effectively step aside?”

Dagmar :” It is strange.There was a theory that it was something to do with Carla ,freeing up his time to travel to South America?”

Pru :” Yes I heard that but it’s probably just gossip.He doesn’t need excuses , he’s the boss and has his own jet plane after all!”

Dagmar :” By the way ,Sara told me some guys have been down in the basement while we were away looking at our servers.We’ve had no problems as far as I know, do you know anything Pru?”

Pru :” First I’ve heard of it. In fact if there had been a problem you would bet Barry would be on top of it.To get to the servers you have to negotiate the Fantasy Films empire!”

Dagmar :” Yes, their IT section is huge and directly above the basement.”

Sara contacted Oz on his tour in Germany.

Oz :” Hello pet, is there a problem ,you don’t usually bother calling when I’m on tour?”

Sara :”No pet don’t worry we're both fine, it’s just that Vicky has told me about these social media postings and I wondered what your thoughts were?”

Oz :” I had an email from Nev asking me the same thing and I told him I have no idea. I couldn’t believe any of us would do a thing like that.”

Sara :”That’s what I said, but from all accounts Debbie’s gone ballistic ,accused Nev of all sorts and told him to ,and I quote, sling his hook!”

Oz :” I’ll be back in two days, can we leave it 'til then ,I have to go ,right now. Bye bye pet.”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:19 am

'Heather glowered'. Is that like when Barry fell asleep under the sun-lamp ? :oops: :lol: