Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Little fleas have lesser fleas.........

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Little fleas have lesser fleas.........

Post by 936trt » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:21 am

Alistair Fraser had reluctantly agreed to meet with Tatiana on the Sara Victoria.She had accepted Kenny Ames offer as the Nomad was as unacceptable to her as the Castle was to Fraser.
It was understood that Father Beneficio and Jeffrey Grainger ,newly returned from the Caribbean, would both attend as intermediaries should circumstances dictate. Alistair began the proceedings.

Fraser :”If I may ,the purpose of this meeting is to ensure both parties conform in full to the agreement we have before us.”

Tatiana :”I have evidence of those who would gain most from knowing Sara Victoria’s true paternity.” She placed a box of discs on the table between them.

Fraser :” Am I to understand the potential recipients of these have some greater significance?” Grainger shuffled his feet and looked very uncomfortable.Father Ben fixed him with a steely glare.

Father Ben :” It seems there is more to your presence here than meets the eye perhaps?”Jeffrey cleared his throat theatrically .

Grainger :” Nothing untoward Father I assure you.We need to compare and crosscheck the ownership of the accounts .Over to you Alistair.”Fraser smiled at the slightly puzzled expression on Tatiana’s face.

Fraser :”Both computers are on ?” He looked across to Tatiana. She nodded.” Very well ,what I propose is we watch both screens for the transfers into the designated accounts .Our colleagues in the Caymans have kindly set it up in a user friendly fashion.”

Father Ben :” My understanding is that mister Grainger and mister Pearce were instrumental in arranging payments from certain ,shall we call them ,middlemen ?”

Fraser :” In short . Yes .To meet Tatiana’s immediate requirement I had to effectively liquidate my Caribbean interests and Jeffrey and Tarquin oversaw this for me. The proof will be with us shortly.The quid pro quo Tatiana?” She nodded toward the box of discs .

Tatiana :”We both know the value of the network .I learned it ,literally the hard way. Now I need to realise some of it’s potential I say some of it.I can see your face Alistair and yes it is a large part of your holdings but we both know you are not bankrupt.Yes it seems an extreme way to gain your attention but how else could I get you to the negotiating table?”Frasers computer signalled an incoming e mail.

Fraser :” The transfer will begin shortly .” He looked across at Tatiana.” You need to click on that arrow…..” Tatiana snapped at him.

Tatiana :” I know how to do it Alistair!” The room was silent while they watched the progress on their respective screens and Jeffrey was checking off account numbers against a list on his mobile ‘phone.

Two days earlier Father Ben had called at the Convento de Santa Maria and after a brief discussion with sister Agnes accompanied Sara Victoria to the airport.From there they flew to an airstrip in the north east of England They had a short break and a light meal before resuming their northward direction by helicopter .Landing on a remote Scottish island they were warmly welcomed by the sisters of this very small outpost of the Convento de Santa Maria. Father Ben returned to the mainland and promised to let her know in the next few days about the final stage of her journey.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:40 am

Good thing they got this sorted before the war ! :(

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:11 pm

Once the exchange was completed the meeting was effectively over. A jubilant Tatiana left with Father Ben who was clearly anxious to talk to her alone.Fraser and Grainger had previously agreed to delay their departure a few minutes to allow Tatiana to put sufficient distance between her and Fraser.

Tatiana :” You seem distracted Father, is something bothering you ?” The priest looked at her without speaking for what seemed a long time.

Father Ben :” Are you happy my child?” This was unexpected .She frowned.

Tatiana :” I have waited a long time for this Father.”

Father Ben :” You are exacting a price for what you tell yourself was his doing?” Tatiana continued to frown.

Tatiana :” He is an evil man Father.You must know that.”

Father Ben :”My enquiries did not reveal his involvement with the trafficking of your sister or what transpired after you went in search of her.” Tatiana’s frown had been replaced by a look of fury.

Tatiana :” Do not presume to lecture me Father. I know what happened .” He looked at her then smiled and touched her arm.

Father Ben :”You must be familiar with the words, revenge is mine saith the Lord?”

Tatiana :” Yes and also that the Lord works in mysterious ways.”Father Ben shook his head and smiled.

Father Ben :” I have business at the New Castle .I will say farewell for now.”

Tatiana :” Thank you for your help Father.” She made her way quickly to her room at the convent .Her cell as she thought of it ,but not for much longer. She sat down ,found her mobile ‘phone and dialled a number. She was smiling when Fraser answered.

Fraser :” Hello Tatiana.I take it you are pleased with todays transaction?”

Tatiana :”I am Alistair.”

Fraser :” I feel I must offer a word of advice .If you should, for whatever reason try to renege on our deal I would remind you of an entertainment venue close by a certain mining enterprise in Northern Peru.This is where you will end your days in as we say in polite conversation, the horizontal position. Toodle pip my dear.”

Later that day on board the Nomad.

Fraser :” Jeffrey tell me again what you heard from the good Father?”

Grainger :” Well ,he just confirmed the package was safe and well.”

Fraser :” I don’t suppose we know where exactly?”Grainger allowed himself a little chuckle.

Grainger :”We know she is not in the convent Alistair.” Fraser looked annoyed.

Fraser :” That priest knows a lot more than he lets on. You had him under surveillance?” It was Jeffrey’s turn to look peeved.

Grainger :” He took a flight courtesy of CWN to the UK and of course he was not alone.” Fraser relaxed. His arrangement with Chris appeared to have ensured the immediate and future safety of his daughter. He called the number Chris had given him for this eventuality.

Chris :” Hello Alistair. I take it from this call that the operation was successful?”

Fraser :” Yes and we heard from the good Father that the package arrived safely. I must thank you once again for your efforts.”

Chris :” I understand your concern .The paperwork we discussed will be delivered by the same gentleman tomorrow.Is there anything else Alistair?”

Fraser :” Only to offer my thanks ,again .If there is anything I can do for you you only have to ask.”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:19 pm

OP

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:59 pm

Chris has made contact with Father Ben.

Chris :”Father I guess by now you will have confirmed Sara Victoria’s current status to Alistair Fraser?”

Father Ben :”I spoke to Jeffrey Grainger who assured me my message would be passed on.”

Chris :” The new passport and other papers will be available today and I will have them couriered to you.”

Father Ben :”Christian ,you have gone to a lot of trouble for a man with a rather tainted reputation?”

Christian :”Needs must Father .I’m hoping to ensure Sara has a future out of reach of Tatiana and she should not be made to suffer for the sins of her father.”

Father Ben :”I will make arrangements at Wooler for both guests as we agreed .Perhaps the onward journey will be can I say, more well defined?” They both laughed at his choice of words.

Chris :” I have no doubt Father.We’’l keep in touch. Thank you for your help.”

Chris telephoned Kurt.

Chris :” Kurt.The flight went according to plan?”

Kurt :”Yes, even down to the observer you said would be there.We recognised him. One of Frasers chaps.So they will know we were heading to the UK if that’s what you were wondering?”

Chris :” Good. So, with any luck our travellers will have made it to ,where was it ,Fetlar?” Kurt chuckled.

Kurt :”Not the busiest place I’ve seen.They were to leave there by boat to the mainland pick up point.”

Chris :”So then on to the Wooler site?”

Kurt :” No problems boss. If anyone has been watching they won’t have a clue what we’re at.”

When the helicopter touched down on the Wooler estate Sara Victoria was very excited and impressed.

Sara Victoria :”You were not exaggerating Father. It looks wonderful .”Father Ben smiled.

Father Ben :” It is but I take no credit .The house and grounds were acquired a long time ago by mister Ames.Let’s go inside my dear.”

As they disembarked they could see a figure standing at the drive gates.As they drew closer Sara Victoria began to yell and started to run. When they reached the gates Father Ben found himself repeatedly trying to apologise to Sara . He tried to explain but had difficulty making himself heard.

Vicky :” Please Sara, please, let him speak.” Father Ben was laughing by now.

Father Ben :” I know it seems strange but we had to keep our plans secret.Tatiana is cunning and if word had got out you had been seen leaving your security would be jeopardised . There are more people involved in this than you realise my flower.So many have helped get you to safety and this is only a staging post.” Sara tried to speak but was restrained by Vicky.

Vicky :”Everything will be explained pet, I promise ,just give us some time.You will have a big decision to make very shortly, the good father and I will help you all we can.”

Tatiana had miscalculated.Badly.She did not appreciate in Latin America the relationship between father and daughter is considered very precious. As soon as Juan Gomez was informed about certain email traffic in his part of the Caribbean he immediately contacted Alistair Fraser .

Juan Gomez :” Alistair, I have a message from my man in Aruba. He says the addresses you gave us have all been contacted, today.”

Fraser “ Thank you Juan .I will take it from here.” Frasers face was contorted.He yelled and kicked the chair.” The stupid BITCH. “ The office manager jumped up in fright “Tell our guy in Nassau to go ahead and freeze the Cayman accounts and get it all back. Those people we used on Stefanos’ last job , get them on stake out at the Convent . I’ll have her back in Peru double quick.”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:11 pm

"My flower" ???

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:20 am

Tatiana was gazing at a duplicate of the box of discs Fraser had taken from the meeting. She felt the beginnings of panic realising the extent of her recent actions. By revealing not only the existence but also the whereabouts of Fraser’s daughter to these people, she had exposed a vulnerability to his enemies .She hoped a fatal vulnerability.

The following day the traffic passing the Convento de Santa Maria was disrupted by a multiple vehicle collision. A distressed and bloodstained young girl was ringing the bell at the convent gates attracting a lot of attention with her hysterical behaviour .The gates were duly opened and several sisters clustered around the girl who was entreating them to help her injured sister still trapped in their car. Tatiana heard the commotion and joined the group gathered around the damaged vehicle. The occupant was pleading for someone to release her seatbelt, Tatiana reached past her older colleagues and managed to pull the seatbelt clear.She felt a re assuring hand squeeze her upper arm and turned with a smile .

Tatiana :” It was nothing my dear, I’m pleased to help.” She was gazing into an expressionless face and suddenly feeling uneasy began to back away from the car feeling dizzy. The now less hysterical young lady asked for the crowd to allow the brave sister room to breathe.Tatiana allowed herself to be propelled into the rear seats of the apparently undamaged van. She heard the sound of emergency sirens. It was the last thing she remembered before the van drove away.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue May 03, 2022 5:01 pm

:?

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Thu May 12, 2022 1:12 pm

Vicky and Sara Victoria are at Wooler with father Ben and big Baz. After the long lunch Vicky took the opportunity to have a quiet word with big Baz.

Vicky :”Tell me straight Baz, have things really got worse ,I thought the coppers would have made an arrest by now?”

Big Baz :”Vicky, it’s one thing to report a few broken windows but the girls were threatened and none of them will take a risk by making a statement.But, my mate in the force has told me his gaffer is planning on catching the main man.”

Vicky :”Is it the same lot as before ,the Albanians?”

Big Baz :”They’re just the hired help pet and there’s plenty to go round .Since I’ve been back I’ve seen the same guys round and about but an awful lot of new faces as well.”

Vicky :” Do you know who’s behind it ?”

Big Baz :”My mates gaffer does, he thinks it’s the Chinese.”

Nev and Den are back at Debbie and Detlefs, sitting in the garden nursing a beer.

Neville :” Do you really want to stay here Den?”

Den :” That’s a queer question kiddah. What’s wrong with it here?” Nev was gazing off into space.

Neville :”Well, it’s just….y’kna……boring.There’s nowt to do unless you’re into cartoon characters.’ Den laughed.

Den :” You’re not going to complain about the accents again I hope.” They both laughed at this.

Neville :”I reckon I need to be doing something Den ,apart from eating barbecue and babysitting.’ Den was looking at him with a serious expression.

Den “ I think I know what you mean Nev. I feel a bit betwixt and between just the occasional visit to Spain but nowt else on the horizon.”

Neville :” I know Moxey asked us to visit them butI feel like I’m in the way when he’s with Morag they are so close it’s like being with newlyweds.”Den chuckled.

Den :” Y’kna the only job offer I’ve had recently was when Chip asked us to help out with the new bridge maintenance scheme.” Nev looked puzzled.

Neville :”When was this?” Den now had a puzzled expression on his face.

Den :” You know man ,about the same time as our profit share was paid in .”

Neville :”Oh aye,I never bother reading that stuff, it all looks like a load of bollocks anyway.”

Den :” Well if you had read the covering letter from Chip you would know . Mind it usually is just financial gobbledygook but this was explaining about their need to look at a preventative maintenance schedule and would we be interested.” Nev was looking more animated now.

Neville :” Do you reckon Oz would be up for it?”

Den :”I happen to know he’s not happy at the moment.This trouble with his hearing might mean his musical career could come to an end.”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Fri May 13, 2022 6:31 pm

Poor Oz. Ah well, one door shuts, another one slams in ya face ! :lol:

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Wed May 18, 2022 9:23 am

Dennis is having a video call with Oz.

Dennis :” So what do you think about this as a gig Oz?”

Oz :”As long as I don’t have to hear all that shit about threads again it’ll probably be ok”

Dennis :” What do you mean?” Oz snorted in exasperation.

Oz :”Don’t you remember .When we took it down the nuts and bolts and rivets were all hoyed away.”

Dennis :”Aye,I know,I was there ,remember, what’s your point?”

Oz :”Those guys from Phoenix told the Chocanaws that nuts and bolts would be fine but only if they got the right ones.” Dennis shook his head.

Dennis :”So what you’re saying is the hassle was about the threads?”

Oz :” in a word .Yes.They said to avoid sectional stress the erection had to be carried out carefully and they had experts who could help us.”

Dennis :” So these guys knew how to use nuts and bolts. Sounds like someone wanted to make a meal of it.”

Oz :” Well in the absence of Calhoun someone had to think about sectional stress.”

Dennis :” Well the guy that Joe had hired knew all about that and asked for a specification . I reckon his mistake was letting that fellah from Phoenix on the site, he was a real jobsworth.In fact if I remember right he was the one that Bomber nearly decked.” Oz laughed.

Oz:” Yeah, yeah ,I remember , he asked Bomber if he knew the difference between tension and compression.” They both laughed.

Dennis :” And Bomber said -I was out of my time at twenty one matey. I think you’ve got a brass neck !”

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Mon May 30, 2022 10:17 am

Father Ben is looking at Vicky with a puzzled expression on his face.

Vicky :” Of course she’s excited Father.” Vicky looked at him in exasperation.” Think about it. All the years in the convent. This is all new to her. The problem is it will also be very different ,and she may just be a little bit afraid don’t you think?”

Father Ben :”The plan behind this exercise was to protect her. Fraser’s worry was that Tatiana’s threatened actions would attract unwanted attention especially from the Chinese.” Moxey looked up at this.

Moxey :”Is that because you think Tatiana has connections?”

Father Ben :”We’re not entirely sure but Barbara Hunt certainly did and Fraser is more concerned about them than anyone else.” Moxey looked closely at Father Ben.

Moxey :” What happened to her exactly, do you know?”Father Ben looked at his feet uncomfortably, and then glanced around him before speaking.

Father Ben :” My reluctance to answer you mister Moxey is because someone may overhear.”

Moxey :” She’s in the kitchen with Morag and Vicky if it’s Sara you’re worried about.You think she would blame herself if she knew about Peru?” Father Ben nodded.

Father Ben :” Fraser told Tatiana what he would do if she didn’t stick to their agreement.She didn’t and so he did what he promised.She was taken right outside the Convent. For all we know she may already be in Peru.” Moxey coughed loudly as he saw Sara Victoria with Vicky and Morag coming toward them from the house.

Dennis had sent an email to Chip confirming their offer of help with his preventative maintenance project, and was telling Dagmar he’d had a response. Dagmar was stifling a laugh.

Dagmar :”I’m very impressed Dennis.It’s not so long since that you hated computers.” Dennis joined in with her laughter.

Dennis :”I remember Oz telling me ages ago how he learned his IT skills when he was inside and never looked back. By the way Chip said he’s reserved us places at the Sonora while we’re over there.”

Dagmar :” That’s very thoughtful, it was very nice the last time we stayed.By the by did you hear anything from Barry?”

Dennis :” Well only that he told Oz he would try but couldn’t promise.”

Dagmar :” I hope he can make it, it would be so good for us all to be together again and it was really encouraging to see how much Neville enjoyed the last get together.” Dennis nodded and raised his eyebrows.

Dennis :” Aye you’re right . You know he’s going to see another quack today.This guy was recommended to Pru as an expert in these things?”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue May 31, 2022 5:27 pm

Peru bollocks ! Dennis is going to get a fright when he next visits The Chicken Ranch :o :lol:

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:39 pm

Pru had just started reading a letter and began yelling at Nev.

Pru :” Nev. Neville !” Neville looked up from the book he was reading looking exasperated.

Neville :”What is it Pru, I’m reading?” Pru pursed her lips and glared at him.

Pru :” Neville this is important.It’s from the OED.It’s about the shipping identification job we did when we were in Cuba. Remember?” Nev’s expression changed and he became animated.

Neville :”Aye. I do remember.We had a canny trip along the coast. It was a good time for us both don’t you think. What’s this letter about though pet?”

Pru :” They’re asking if we would be interested in helping them with a problem they’ve encountered. I was thinking it would be just the job especially now you’ve been given a clean bill of health.”

A few days later Nev is anticipating the video conference call arranged by OED. Several exchanges of emails between Pru and Colin Vanes had established it really was their individual experience that he believed was crucial.

Pru :” Neville I’m worried that they may not want us to take the twins.” Nev smiled and held her hand.

Neville :”Petal, they’ve contacted us because they want you and me personally. I don’t think the twins are going to be a problem.”

Pru :” We need to find out how long we’ll be away ,that’s a priority wouldn’t you say?” Nev could see she still had a worried expression.

Neville :”Tell me honestly pet,have you gone off the idea, I know it may not be exactly like our first trip but still?”

Pru :”I’m concerned that this may have been dreamed up by someone from Heather Lanes department and it may not be anything like what we both imagined.” Nev shook his head.

Neville :”Let’s just wait and see what they have to say.After all we could be passing up a chance to visit Chocanaw country and stay at the Sonora Lodges.”

Pru :” Chip told us no more than two or three weeks and we’d see some old friends as well.”She shook her head.

Neville :” Fine, let’s just see what’s on offer ,after all we only registered an interest ,didn’t we?”

Pru :” Of course, you know we have ,you’ve seen all the emails!” Nev laughed.

Neville :” I know you pet.You can’t wait to get back into sleuthing mode!”

Pru :” Well it has been a long time and as much as I love the twins this could be a real change, plus I have such fond memories of that time.”

Dennis is talking with Oz and Moxey in the Sonora Lodge.

Dennis :”Well I reckon we’ve done a cracking job considering .”He lifted his glass.” Here’s to all of us and preventative maintenance” They raised their drinks .Then Morag began to speak.

Morag :” I have to say I really enjoyed these last few weeks .It’s a treat for me to be with you all .You’re so friendly and in a way I’ll be sorry to go back.”

Dagmar :” I know exactly what you mean but it does not have to be our last get together.We should plan to keep in touch.Who knows in five years they may ask us to come back!” They all laughed at this.

Sara :” In another five years we may well need Brian to help his father up the ladders.” This raised another laugh particularly from Oz.

Oz :” It has been more like a holiday I agree.It’s just a pity that Barry and Nev couldn’t make it, it could have been the famous five.”

Moxey :” Aye,Barry was looking forward to it ,he said he wasn’t sure when he would see us again.What with all his travelling .” Dagmar was watching the drawn expression on Dennis’s face during the conversation.

Dagmar :” I know I have had a very enjoyable stay and in large part because of your company. I also know that Pru would have loved to be here ,she said something similar to Morag. The thing that has always brought the lads together is their work and as our husbands and friends it has brought us together as well. We should plan something for the future now because we may never have another opportunity.”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:46 am

Oh dear me, how about Manorca, twice ! :roll: