Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Aloe Goodbye

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Re: Aloe Goodbye

Post by 936trt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:31 pm

Den has a call from Detlef.

Dennis: " Now then son how are you?"

Detlef: " I'm fine .I guess you and mum are ok?"

Dennis: " Aye,no probs,we were in the shelter for a while that's all. Debbie alright?"

Detlef: " Yes she 'phoned yesterday when she heard about the hurricane and said she hopes to get some time off next week. I'm going to see if Chris can offer her a lift ,I know he's over there next week.Any way I wanted to know if you have heard anything from Barry. I am due to visit him regarding the Zoe and Trevor incident but there's no answer to my calls. Are all their 'phones down?"

Dennis: " They certainly have no landline, I know ,I tried it ,but I have had a call from Moxey on his mobile. Moxey is worried , he told me he visited Barry and got the impression Barry is more of a prisoner than a patient."

Detlef: " I spoke to Bob Smith Barry's solicitor to see if he had processed the paperwork from this case and he said he's had nothing from either Barry or Tatiana in over three weeks."

Dennis: " That doesn't sound right, I know he's been anxious to draw a line under that because he still has a problem with aloe deliveries . I thought your guys were going to have a look at that after Tatiana spoke to you?"

Detlef: " Exactly and all the more reason to expect him to be on top of it. I'll speak to Moxey before I go across .I have a mate who was my opposite number in the Border Defence ,he might be able to help with our enquiries in the port,and anyway Chris insists it's always best to keep the locals up to speed ."

Moxey met Detlef at the airport and drove him straight back to see Tatiana.

Moxey: " So kiddah, you had a word with Dennis?"

Detlef: " I did and he said you are worried after your visit to the hospital."

Moxey: " Aye,it seems more like an asylum to me.I couldn't even find out who the doctor was treating him. The other strange thing is this Dolores.Chrissy reckons she's not who she says she is and she's been feeding Barry all sorts of stuff."

Detlef: " I'll have a word with Tatiana and we can work out how she wants to proceed.I like Barry and I don't want to step on any toes if I can help it."

Later that day Detlef and Moxey visit the hospital. Detlef had been talking to his friend in the Jamaican Defence Force and discovered that there had been a notification about Mr Taylor circulated just before the bad weather struck.His colleague soon realised it was bogus.When Tatiana had asked for medical help alarm bells had rung and that's why Barry found himself in a secure medical facility. The documentation was fake. Mr Taylor apparently is described as a criminal with a record of imprisonment in Russia, the USA ,and Cuba for a variety of offences from drug smuggling to association with the Mafia.
Detlef had to assume this was largely down to Trevor perhaps with assistance from Zoe but was surprised at how successful it had been.The extent of the problem became apparent when he and Moxey tried to speak with someone in reception about the error.

The reception assistant was not impressed when Detlef explained who he was and why he was there.

" I can only endorse the decision by our social care team, and in addition Mr Taylor and Mrs Taylor are deemed unsuitable by virtue of their criminal record, the department will review the position regarding their daughter ,a minor ,Anna ."

Detlef: " Excuse me .I can explain, this is a misunderstanding arising from the document circulated some weeks ago.My colleague in the JDF will confirm what I have just said." Detlef showed her his own identification ,gave the details of his friend in the JDF and indicated he would not leave until contact had been established and the record corrected.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:11 pm

I still dont trust Tatiana. Aye I kna all aboot Tatiana, heavy duty villain ! :twisted:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:00 am

At the Taylor household Detlef has relaxed and agreed to a celebratory drink.

Moxey: " I think you nailed it mate ,they were running round like blue arsed flies after you'd finished with them. Poor Barry is still out of mind though."

Detlef: " I think now the so-called medication has been confiscated we will soon see him back to normal."

Tatiana: " I don't know how to thank you Detlef,we are all grateful for what you have done,especially our little Anna,she has her daddy back."

Detlef :" At some point we need to have a chat about the loose ends from the UK business Tatiana. When I spoke to Bob Smith he said he had heard nothing from Barry , there are some papers that need signing before we can draw a line under it."

Tatiana: " I can't think about that at the moment,I am too upset." She reached across the table , picked up her bag, to retrieve some tissues." Talk to me later after Barry is home. I go to lie down I feel a migraine starting." She left the room.

Detlef: " Chrissy can you tell me what kind of bag that is?"

Chrissy: " I shouldn't be surprised ,you are a man after all, you should ask Debbie to educate you.It's a Luis Vuitton."

Moxey: " Why do you ask kiddah?"

Detlef : " I saw another just like it recently and was curious."

Chrissy: "Out of your league, anyway I don't think it suits you."

Moxey: " So you're going back to Jamaica now to see how your folks are doing?"

Detlef: " I am ,it sounds like they got off lightly from what you say."

Chrissy: " I can't face going back to uncle Percy's.This would be the third time we've had to rebuild."

Moxey: " Aye from all accounts the other lads escaped the worst of the weather as well.Never mind pet we can just move if you want?"

Chrissy: " I wasn't joking my love,there are some lovely places in the Caribbean which aren't in the hurricane belt."

Detlef is sitting at the dining table with Dennis and Dagmar .

Detlef: " I know what these are,Debbie told me all about them. I haven't had them for a while,but they are called Yorkshire puddings."

Dennis: " They are indeed bonny lad and your mum has become a dab hand as we say. Any way just put my mind at rest you said Barry is on the way to recovery but the trouble with the people traffickers has not gone away?"

Dagmar: " Dennis can you let him finish his meal,we can talk about Barry later?"

Dennis: " Sorry pet,but there's something strange about this ....Ok,ok I'll let him finish his tea."

At the Osborne home,Oz has just finished a call with Nev.

Oz: " So pet that's fixed up, your mam will look after Sofie while we go out on the lash with Nev and his missus."

Ofelia is laughing." You know I tell you before, you make me laugh and not always when you mean to. But this out on the lash I do know and there is no way that Pru can do this."

Oz :" Aye I know petal but a man can dream."

Nev is loking at his watch for the third time.

Pru: " For God's sake Nev don't you know what time it is?"

Nev: " Sorry pet ,it's just I'm nervous."

Pru: Neville there is nothing you can do and if you carry on like this everyone will immediately know something is wrong."

Nev: " Why the hell did Heather have to tell you in the first place?"

Pru: " She had the best intentions love.You are Barry's friend after all and we think it's only right that you all know."

Nev: " You know what Oz is going to do as soon as he finds out?"

Pru: " Perhaps he would once have reacted violently but I think marriage and a child have quietened him down."

Nev: "Are you trying to say something petal?"

Pru: " Look I think if Detlef's idea ties up with Heathers suspicions Barry is going to need all the friends he can get."

Nev: " I really hope this turns out to be a load of bollocks, really.It just takes me back to a very unpleasant time in Barry's life."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:27 pm

Luis Vuitton. Didn't he play for Arsenal ? :lol:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Pru had listened to Detlef's interpretation of what he had seen from scrutinising the film taken in Graingers apartment, and having spoken with Heather decided he was probably right. However something niggled at the back of her mind,so she 'phoned Detlef.

Pru: " Hi Detlef sorry to be a pain but when you come over can you bring your laptop.If it's ok I would like to have a look at the footage you mentioned. I know you hold Barry in great regard and realize if it turns out to be true he will be devastated and so will all his friends,me included."

Detlef: " Sure,no problem. I have cctv from the surveillance on the embassy as well. I'll see you before too long."

Later, at Nev and Pru's house the wild bunch as Den called them,were having a drink before leaving for a meal at a restaurant of Oz's choosing.

Oz:" Well the lads were thinking where can we go and I said the Buena Vista Social Club.That's where Ofelia and I had our first night out. Still think it's a great venue.The boss told me it wasn't badly damaged and we can all have fish and chips ok?"

Pru had attracted Detlefs attention ." Could I have a look at your film before we go out Detlef?"

Detlef: " Sure,not a problem.What do you want to see first?"

Pru: "Let's go into the sitting room,it's quieter. Now can I see the second shot you told me about where you see the bag and then the bit where we can see the shoes ? "

Detlef brought the images up for her ." Is that ok ?"

Pru: " Can you expand that image and focus on the edge?"

Detlef: " I can try.What is it you are trying to see?"

Pru: " These bags are not that common, in fact I only know three people who have them .I thought if it belongs to someone I know ....." There was just the slightest intake of breath , Detlef glanced across to see Pru's eyes wide open.

Detlef: " What about the shots of the shoes?"

Pru: " Yes that's the one .Again can you zoom in ,we might be able to see a shoe size ,whoever she was she took them off in a hurry,one is on it's side.Yes that's perfect.Equivalent to a size seven."

Detlef: " Is that significant Pru?"

Pru: " It most certainly is Detlef.I am so relieved for Barry,I know Tatiana takes a size four.Those are not her shoes.However please don't say anything just yet.I have an awful feeling I know who the shoes and bag belong to. we need to make a few calls."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:23 pm

Ry Cooder.

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:01 am

Pru has 'phoned Gary Turnbull.

Pru: " Hello Gary I won't keep you long,just a quick question before we join the OED dinner party. I have seen the film from the apartment and the cctv on Detlef's laptop and wondered what you think ?"

Gary: " Don't play games with me Pru, if you know anything then tell me." Pru could tell something was wrong from Gary's harsh tone.

Pru: " As my Neville would say don't be so bloody precious with me bonny lad. You already know don't you?"

Gary: " I'm sorry Pru.Yes ,our quarry has flown . I have just put it all together. Please ,if you know anything let me know?"

Pru: " Gary I'm in a strange place at present.You know I'm on leave but still bound by the Act to HMG.I could report directly to London, to Heather's office for example or as we are told when in the field, use ones' initiative.If Detlef hadn't looked so closely the evidence would have slipped by us. Clearly this was Heather's mistake."

Gary: " We should meet Pru. This is not a subject for a telephone conversation."

Pru: " I agree.Pick me up for coffee tomorrow .In the meantime I will defuse the Taylor situation ."

The following day Gary has ordered coffe for two at a pleasant pavement cafe in old Havana.Pru was surprised at how drawn he looked.

Pru: " You haven't slept Gary?"

Gary: " Just enough ,shall I pour?"

Pru: " Thankyou.Gary I know that you and Heather had a fling just after she was posted here and now I wonder if it never actually stopped?"

Gary: " I shouldn't be surprised that you know, I tell everyone this sort of thing happens in these situations and to be careful. I should have listened to my own advice.She wanted her posting to be permanent,who wouldn't want to live here,climate ,lifestyle and security ?"

Pru: " So this was following on from her success with Neville's undercover job. London were expecting more of the same?"

Gary: " You obviously came to the same conclusion.Yes .All local effort was geared to tightening the net and as the various villains were revealed it reinforced her reputation at spook house and also with locals like Luis Sandoro.Later there were accolades from our US friends . However the casualties and miraculous escapes particularly among your OED friends, in spite of help from Chris Norris ,didn't seem to affect her. As these events came and went I should have seen Heather -she was known as aitch to close friends-didn't seem affected.When an opportunity arose to get closer to Grainger she volunteered. This must have been when it started."

Pru: " By that you mean when she began to go over to the dark side?"

Gary: " Yes. She was warned of course. All operatives learn there is a danger when your'e under cover that the other persona must be controlled. Jeffrey is a very personable chap and knows how to turn on the charm and I suspect that the huge financial rewards offered by the REE business must have eventually proved her undoing. When Grainger came unstuck she must have seen the house of cards collapsing around her .By then it was too late. The photographic evidence was just waiting for someone like Detlef to find it . H and I had begun to grow apart and I couldn't seem to get back on to our previous wavelength if you know what I mean ? "

Pru: " Gary I am very,very sorry. I look back now with hindsight and see how things changed between us. Heather and I worked together a lot even before she was posted here. I know how hard she worked to recruit Neville , and for that I will be eternally grateful.However she tried to implicate Tatiana Taylor and I see now how desperate she must have been to try that on especially with me ,and very nearly succeeded."

Gary: " In that regard were you able to convince your friends that the Taylor household is in the clear?"

Pru: "I was, but not without leaving the possibility of a revelation at a later date.They are not daft as you know and Dennis already has a good idea what happened. Crikey,you don't think she was implicated in Grainger's incarceration?"

Gary: " Where did that come from Pru?"

Pru: " I don't know ,maybe I'm doing her a disservice but the double double cross is a neat way to cover up something don't you think?"

Gary: " I don't know Pru. I have heard that her replacement won't be here for a few days and that once the REE business is put on to a proper footing Cuba may no longer have a permanent post."

Pru: " More coffee?"

Gary: " Thanks .How about you Pru.Are you hanging up your Glock after the baby arrives?"

Pru: " Don't think that far ahead Gary. We still have a few months and several unanswered questions.Is there a real Chinese threat to the REE ,what are the Russians going to do post Tishenko,and who was behind the Taylor aloe problem, surely we can't put it all down to Heather?"

Gary: " Do you know what Nev and his mates are likely to do in the near future?"

Pru: " If I did do you think I would tell you Gary? I suggest you ask them yourself."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Heather. I mighta knoon. I mighta bloody knoon !

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:45 pm

Tarquin was woken by a bucket of foul smelling water thrown in his face.He hoped it was water,but really didn't care.His shoulder and ribs ached ,the pain in his eye just wouldn't go away.
The friendly jailor shouted."Wake up TP ,another day dawns."

Tarquin was awake now,the remnants of this recurring dream fading, as they always did.

After Kuala Lumpur he had escaped to Singapore and kept a low profile until the money ran out ,then hitched a ride to Australia where he took advantage of an old friends hospitality before a sea journey to Japan .He left a note promising to repay her loan once he was in funds.

This last year in Tokyo had been better,having gained some self respect,a bank balance and occasionally a proposal like the most recent arising from his contact at the bank.

He glanced in the bathroom mirror as he showered and could recall each of the scars on his chest and wishing that he couldn't. He would drive to the bank after breakfast ,thankful that it was possible with only one eye. Lucy told him that a one-eyed bearded man with his rakish good looks would go far. He wasn't sure if he was being patronised.

Through Lucy he had learned about commodities and had taken a first step away from his old life which began to pay real dividends. She was aware of his interest in the Caribbean and six months earlier had started passing on import/export data for the area.Scanning through a list of Jamaican exporters Tarquin had spotted a press release about TIE Ltd UK, based in Godalming taking large quantities of aloe vera from the island.Along with this was a more detailed financial analysis of refining bauxite spoil heaps which he put to one side to read at a later date.
Further investigation confirmed he had found the whereabouts of Barry and Tatiana Taylor, last encountered on the Orient Express.
Tarquin couldn't believe his luck and made some preliminary enquiries with the TIE office and eventually had a telephone conversation with Trevor, Barry's soon-to-be-fired accountant.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Oh dear ! :ugeek:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:21 am

Wyman has been catching up with Chris.

Chris: " So how was the trip to the ABC islands?"

Wyman: " Great. I think Chrissy is right ,everyone says the weather's much better down there.I have a load of video and brochures for her .She was so anxious I didn't spill the beans about Chrysalis I had to make up a story about me re locating there; anyway I'll be going over tomorrow and we'll talk about her next move then."

Chris: " How about you bro', what's your next move ,you had a good few weeks in the US?"

Wyman: " Yeah ,I'm just keeping my distance for now, the tribe will look after Mai day to day. I can't change Lainie's attitude and if I push it she could make things worse. "

Chris: " How's Mel ,you said you got on well with her?"

Wyman: " Yeah she's ok ,in fact I said she should come over to see us all. As long as Chrissy doesn't frighten her off. By the way can you give me the name of that architect you were talking about,I want to get my ideas for the rebuild of Uncle Percy's drawn up?"

Chris: " Sure ,no problem.Let me know if Mel decides to pay a visit."

Wyman 'phones Chrissy.

"Hi mum,I hope to come across later .I tried to scrounge a lift with Chris but he's tied up with other things.I just want to confirm you're happy for me to go ahead with the rebuild of Uncle Percy's?"

Chrissy:" Nice to hear from you son.You know there's no problem ,I told you it's fine .Just go ahead."

Wyman: " As long as you know it won't look anything like the original,I want a single storey with extra rooms and an integral storm shelter."

Chrissy: " I know you told me ,and I told you before it's ok .It would go to you anyway eventually ,you know what Uncle Percy used to say about family."

Wyman: " Ok I just don't want you to start criticising when the building work starts."

Chrissy: " I'll get the deeds changed straight away if that's what you want."

Wyman:" Don't be like that mum ,I'm just trying to make sure you understand it will look very different."

Chrissy: " By the way what's happenIng with that little girl?"

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Pru and Debbie are chatting with Nev watching from the sidelines.

Neville: " Did you say that Penny is coming over next week pet?"

Pru: " Indeed.She must have asked me a hundred times if the baby was fine and all in the same 'phone call. That reminds me Nev I must return Gary's call." Debbie made to get up until Pru motioned her to sit.

" Debbie we both want you to feel at home here, you seem a bit on edge,is there a problem?" Debbie looked close to tears.Nev got up and put an arm round her." What's up pet,is there anything we can do to help?"

Debbie: " It's all getting so complicated,everyone has been so helpful , but just before Chris brought me back I had a call from my mum. She wants me to go and stay with her next week ."

Over at uncle Percy's Wyman and Moxey are shifting rubble with a digger and a dumper truck.

Wyman: " Tell you what we've made real progress since Den and Oz came ."

Moxey: " You're right young'un. You know this is as good as a holiday for me ,just like old times on a building site,knocking down walls ,laying bricks.Next thing Den'll tell us to pick up a bath." They heard shouting from across the site.

Dennis: " Moxey, Moxey we're running out of bricks over here and there's an Apache guy asking after you."

Moxey: " Ok Den I see him." Moxey drove over to where Den and Oz were having a one way conversation with the Mescalero truck driver." Now then Geronimo ,how you doin'?"

Geronimo:" Hi Moxey.I have to tell you those guys are back .This time they they took three bags of the sand from different places. I saw them last night meet with a man with a beard .He took the bags ,gave them cash and drove off.They don't look like engineers. I like this job Moxey but these guys could be muscling in ,they are not from our company in Kingston."

Moxey: " Ok leave it with me I'll tell our fellas , they'll have to up the security." He climbed back into his pickup and was about to drive off when he waved to Moxey and shouted. " I saw the big fella ,with the body paint.He said to be careful."

Oz: " Who's he Moxey?"

Moxey: " He drives one of those big trucks taking the spoil to the plant on the coast.He's a Mescalero ."

Dennis: " Wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him mind."

Wyman: " What did he mean about the big guy with the bodypaint?" Moxey looked at his feet and switched off the engine.

Moxey: " When I first met him, and his name really is Geronimo, we had a bit of a conversation and I told him about our time in Arizona. There's one or two words the same in Chocanaw and Apache so we got on well. He sort of looks out for us since we've had unwelcome visitors. He told me about this guy he sees from time to time.I think it's Bomber .He does seem to show up whenever we have trouble mind."

Oz: "Well I'm glad he's on our side."

Dennis: "Tell you what we should start recruiting for our own expendables if things start to get iffy."

Moxey: " I had one of those once,would go to eight feet." The lads looked at each other,then Oz cottoned on.

Oz:" You daft bollock Mox,he said expendables not extendables."

Moxey: "Oh."

Wyman: " So Moxey would be Jet Li,and Oz would be Dolph thingy."

Oz: " Then Den would be Stallone 'cos he's the gaffer, so that means you must be Jason Statham 'cos he's a cockney ."

Wyman: " Does that mean Nev would be Harrison Ford?"

Den:" Can't see Barry as Schwarzenegger."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:29 am

Geronimo Extendable ? :mrgreen:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:46 am

Tarquin is waiting for the return of his escort from the aptly named ,rest room.The lady , one Lucinda by name, had the recommendation of his hotel manager and Tarquin was relieved to find she could indeed string several words together as promised.The intel from Tokyo confirmed this was one of three watering holes favoured by Grainger and TP hoped it was third time lucky. His patience was wearing thin after hours of sitting and making small talk with Lucinda. What a bloody name he thought when they first met.The years of incarceration had not changed his attitude by very much.
They were into their second course when Grainger made an appearance and TP had another stroke of luck. He recognised the woman who sat down opposite Jeffrey.Trying not to make his interest too apparent, especially to Lucinda,Tarquins' brain was racing.What was Heather Lane doing here ,with Grainger? She looked around the dining room and her gaze passed over Tarquin and his guest,just another punter she would be thinking .The idea of doing the observation as one of a couple was one of my better ideas,he thought.Anyway she would not recognise me and I would be the last person she would expect to see in the Caribbean.
TP feigned a poor digestive system ,paid the bill and escorted Lucinda to a taxi with feigned apologies. When the taxi disappeared TP returned to the hotel and took a seat in the bar with a good view of the exit.He was rewarded for his patience when after less than an hour the two love birds left.From the direction they took they were heading toward Graingers apartment .According to the intel the apartment was chosen to be within walking distance of the night life. Nice work if you can get it thought Tarquin. After waiting an hour TP made an assumption that Heather was staying and took a taxi to his hotel. The following day Tarquin made enquiries about the "penthouse vacancy "at Graingers apartments.
Over the next ten days Tarquin was able to piece together Jeffreys plan to double cross Tishenko in favour of his oriental friends.At this point he informed his associates in Tokyo that a commercial opportunity may shortly arise in the REE business and then arranged for Grainger to be abducted implicating the Triads. On the first of his clandestine visits to Graingers apartment Tarquin discovered it was already bugged and began to wonder exactly what Heather was playing at.
By the end of his first week Tarquin convinced himself Heather was complicit with Graingers activities,or she was one of the best undercover agents he'd ever seen.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:14 pm

Wonder when Sara is going to pop up ? ;)