Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Aloe Goodbye

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Re: Aloe Goodbye

Post by 936trt » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:37 pm

As the lads were leaving the helicopter Moxey spoke to Chris.

Moxey: " I guess Kenny would make sure Gerry got back to his trailer ok?"

Chris gave Moxey a surprised look." You mean you didn't know?"

Moxey: " Didn't know what?"

Chris: " I expect Gerry will make his own arrangements. He has been an FBI asset as long as we have known him. Perfect cover ,the trucking , to keep eyes on the site."

Neville: " You know every time I hear something like this I lose faith in human nature.Same as with Heather."

Dennis: " Give over Nev it's just as well there are people willing to do these jobs man.I bet Detlef is having his eyes opened working with Kenny mind."

Oz: " Tell you what poor Barry must be sick as a parrot,did you see what those buggers had been doing with the earth movers and graders?"

Moxey: " Aye they must have taken about three metres depth off the east side of the site and maybe more closer to the heaps themselves.Gerry said some huge trucks were being used to take the stuff, hundred tons at a time.He said he'd driven some like that at that big copper mine in Chile. Japanese mind."

Dennis: " No wonder there's no interest in the aloes,just a bloody nuisance to them I bet."

Moxey: " Just thinking lads what we heard about Ally Fraser,typical eh,trying to sell sand to the Arabs?"

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:04 pm

Jammy Arabs :lol:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:41 pm

Ally is smiling at Heather as he pours her another glass of Chardonnay.

Ally: " I do believe I detect an Edinburgh ,or is it Stirling accent?"

Heather: " Close enough ,Falkirk is where I spent my childhood. " She sipped at her drink." This is exceptional, not what I have every day at lunch." She smiled at him." And yourself Ally ,where are you from?" She noticed as he had poured the wine the pale nature of his face and arms, not an outdoorsy type she thought. A telephone rang in the other room and Naomi came through with a handset.He waved her towards the table and put the 'phone to his ear. He remained impassive while he listened then said "Very well" and gave the 'phone back to the waiting Naomi.

Ally: "I recall a young woman,a little like you Heather, it's some years ago now , it was clear she could have had a really bright future, but she blew it."

Heather: " Why was that Ally?" He gazed at Heather as the smile left his lips , his eyes narrowed and he hissed between his teeth." Because the silly cow was too clever by half and over reached herself."

Nev's 'phone buzzed in his pocket as they were leaving the airport. " Hello pet everything ok?" He did more listening than talking and eventually rang off.

Neville: " Well that's a pleasant surprise ,we have all been invited to stay at the Embassy's country estate .This is not so far from Luis Sandoro's Estancia.They reckon we could do with a break and have some time to relax after our ordeal.Their words not mine."

Oz : " Sounds like a good idea ,I'll need to tell Ofelia."

Neville: " No need Oz.Ofelia and Sofie are already there with Tatiana and the kids and will be joined by Chrissy and Dagmar later today. Luis Sandoro would have offered to accommodate us but his place is currently being renovated. However he is sending his staff to look after us. He was told about our exploits and we have his admiration. Transport will be waiting for us just outside the terminal."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:36 am

I bet it's an open deck truck !

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Heather reached across the table and covered his hand with hers." Ally I'm so sorry it must have been a testing time and clearly you were let down ." His expression had changed as he searched her face , all he could see was a look of genuine concern.

Ally: " Yes I did feel let down but I'm not one to dwell unduly and I soldiered on, as one does." He placed his other hand on top of Heathers and smiled ." Life has a habit of dealing one a good hand now and then." Heather laughed and replied." No pun intended I'm sure Ally." She withdrew her hand to take another sip of the Chardonnay.

Ally: " Quite, my dear. " He smiled again , Heather could see why he had been described as reptilian." Let's do justice to this lunch Heather. Such an evocative name I think.

As the Chardonnay disappeared Ally grew a little more chatty and began to tell Heather how this latest bit of intel had convinced him to take retribution .

Ally: " There is no excuse for this kind of betrayal of confidences. One of her loyal employees, who she later dismissed brought the story to my attention; purely by accident this girl had overheard a telephone conversation in which she heard her tell someone I was having financial problems and had to travel to Jamaica to seek a solution. I ask you, it doesn't even sound credible . I'll put a spoke in her wheel I'll tell you.Shall we try another bottle of this darling?"

Later that afternoon Heather made a brief call to Chris to outline her interpretation of Ally's intentions toward Vicki. He in turn told her of Debbie's last telecon where Vicki revealed what Kenny had said about the financial deadline Fraser had to meet.
Having learned of these developments from Detlef ,Debbie decided to 'phone Vicki the following day to tell her the latest in the Fraser story only to hear that three of the Sally Salons had been destroyed by fire. The police had been involved and had interviewed the hapless girl previously fired by Vicki .She broke down and would only speak to Vicki, telling the whole story and thus implicating Fraser.At this point Vicki decided it wasn't safe in Newcastle and would fly to Malaga.

Debbie had relayed all this, first to Detlef and then to Nev." I know you are all meant to be having a break but I think we should try to do something to help Vicki.She is in danger ,if she had been in one of those salons...."

Neville: " I hear what you're saying petal but I'm not sure what we can do."

Dennis: " Does Chris have any of his fellas in that neck of the woods?"

Detlef: " No. There is an office in Madrid,that's all. I can 'phone him and ask if you think he could help ?"

Wyman and Moxey had discovered a tree house with a 'fridge full of beer. As they were sitting down to their first drink there was a creaking sound and Oz and Barry joined them.

Oz: " Well ya bugger this is where you've been hiding,pass a bottle young' un."

Barry: " Don't mind if I do ,thank you."

Wyman: " How you feelin' Barry?"

Barry: " So much better it's hard to believe Wyman. I was expecting all sorts of nasty things, knowing that he blamed me for the loss of his eye for starters.It's just as well you stormed the hut when you did. That beer's excellent pass me another kiddah."

Moxey: " Too early for you to think about your next step Barry?"

Barry: " You're right Mox and I have to think about Anna,I know kids are adaptable but ...."

Wyman: " I fancy that place Chrissy stayed at down in Aruba. The weather's kinder as well."

Oz: " Aye but what's he going to do for a job,now the aloes down the tubes?"

Another creak on the ladder announced the arrival of Dennis and Nev.

Oz: " Might have bloody known you two would smell the beer .Welcome, this is the Cuban Discussion Group pull up a stool."

Nev: " As long as it's not got some buggers name on it. "

Dennis: " Well lads it's just been agreed our Detlef is going to Malaga to look out for Vicki. Ally bloody Fraser has been doing a bit of fire raising. Thanks for the beer Wyman."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:59 am

Fraser torching the Salons. I bet that had Moxey's ears burning !!! :twisted:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:09 pm

During the flight to Malaga Detlef reflected on the value of working for CWN. He had accepted a cerain level of back up and support when he was part of Border Security, it was expected after all, but the quality of intel and the overall infrastructure his move to the private sector had provided was second to none. He had Vicki's itinerary as well as details of her favourite cafe in a village close to Kenny Ames' villa in the mountains. Detlef was impressed at how CWN had got this information so quickly .
In the afternoon he took a room in a small hotel close to the village and bought a better map of the area close to the Sierra Blanca. He had been advised to keep his distance so Vicki's behaviour would be perfectly normal. If she had known someone observing might pick up on any changes to her routine and ruin his plan.
After a second cup of coffee at her favourite cafe he was rewarded when she arrived,gave her order for coffee and began to read a paper. Her 'phone rang and she was in conversation for a minute or two.She finished her drink and walked back to the car. Detlef followed discreetly. After five minutes heading toward the mountains he noticed a pale blue vehicle with two occupants, pull out from a side road and begin driving in the same direction. Half an hour later Vicki went into a filling station The blue car slowed , stopping in a layby and Detlef drove past . A clump of trees provided a convenient place for him to park out of sight. Several minutes passed and Vicki's car came into view followed at a distance by the same blue car . This does not look like a coincidence thought Detlef as he set off along the mountain road. An hour went by and they had been climbing albeit slowly ,through spectacular snow covered tops and scenic forestry. Detlef had an uninterrupted view of the road as it curved around the side of the hill and saw Vicki's car suddenly turn left on to a minor road while the blue car following, and unsighted ,carried on along the main road. Detlef reached the left turn and immediately put his foot down eventually catching up with her as she was slowing down at a set of what looked like medieval gates .Vicki turned onto a tree-lined driveway and Detlef followed recognising only one word on the sign at the gateway and that was "Convent".
There was no sign of the blue car so Detlef assumed they had lost them. Vicki was stopped at the entrance and standing by her car looking at him with more than a little curiosity. He parked next to her ,got out and smiling said " Hello Vicki ." She looked terrified. " Don't be frightened I'm Debbie's fiance." She seemed to relax a little and spoke." What are you doing here, why are you following me?"

Detlef: "Debbie told us that you were frightened after the salons were burned down . We were pretty sure your 'phones had been bugged so I came over in case you were followed by Fraser's friends. By the way did you notice that blue car following you from the village?"

Vicki: " No ."

Detlef: " You had a call while you were having coffee?"

Vicki: " Yes that was from Kenny's just to confirm I was coming this morning."

Detlef: " I take it you 'phoned him from Newcastle?"

Vicki: " Yes. Was that a mistake?"

Detlef: " Yes ,I think someone will have picked up on that."

Vicki: " Does that mean Kenny is in danger too?"

Detlef: " I think so. Can I ask are you meeting someone here before going to Kenny's?"

Vicki: " I am but I must say that I'm worried about Kenny."

Detlef: " I would think Kenny can look after himself."

Vicki: " Once upon a time but not now.Only a few trusted people know this. Kenny has Parkinsons disease. If word gets out he is vulnerable there are those who will target him and his business."

Detlef: " I'm very sorry Vicki .Do the nuns play a part in your plans for Kenny ?"

Vicki smiled and shook her head." No bonny lad but Kenny did play a part in a certain nuns life. Come with me ." They walked up the steps to the entrance and Vicki rang the bell. A nun answered and opened the doorway giving Detlef a measured look.

Vicki: " It's alright Sister Mary he is with me and will stay at reception. " With a stern look at Detlef she said " Sit here. I will be back in a few minutes."

True to her word Vicki returned accompanied by another nun ." Detlef this is Sara Victoria who is the main reason for my many trips to this part of the world."

Detlef: " I am very pleased to meet you Sara Victoria." Detlef made to shake hands and Vicki shook her head. " Only if there is another nun here and I don't qualify." They both laughed as Vicki made her farewells and led Detlef out of the building.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:39 am

Convent Nights :lol:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Wyman and Moxey are sat in the treehouse both with a beer in hand and gazing into the distance.

Moxey: " We're here again young'un."

Wyman: " You're not wrong Mox. I just don't know what to do."

Moxey: " Same here . Just when I thought things were on the up."

Wyman: " It's ok for you , you can just clear off to Aruba ."

Moxey: " And do what young'un ? Without the aloe business or the spoil heaps I'm out of a job. Again. It looks like I'm sponging off Chrissy."

Wyman: " She doesn't see it that way and you know it. We've all heard her say you are her rock. But if you had the choice what would you want to do?"

Moxey: " We were talking about Chrysalis yesterday and Den reminded us all about all the other times , you know when one gig finishes there always seemed to be another to take it's place.After Middlesbrough and Arizona ,there was Cuba then Thailand and for me Australia. I can't just sit and do nowt."

Wyman: " So.What's the plan?"

Moxey: " Well I'm waiting to hear from Gary Turnbull.I left a message but he's up to the eyes with the Heather thing right now. You remember he had this idea about expanding the OED building scheme ? I wanted to know if it was dead since he retired."

Wyman: " You must be really keen to get back to the tools Moxey? "

Moxey: " Like I said I can't just sit around. Anyway what are you going to do .Have you sorted out when Mel's coming over yet?"

Wyman: " Aye I spoke to her earlier and she's still keen to visit, so we plan to have a break in Aruba at that place Chrissy and Dagmar stayed. I had to tell her the house had burned down but didn't mention the Yakusa."

Moxey: " Wise move kiddah."

Nev and Oz are stood in the garden, beer in hand feeling depressed.

Neville: " I don't know Oz, ever since we got here I feel at a loose end."

Oz: " Aye well it's to be expected Nev. I've read about this .It's a bit like PTSD, after a stressful situation like we've had. You know Barry would say it's like the fairy gnomes."

Neville: " What the hell is that?"

Oz: " You know ferry moans ,it's to do with hormones."

Neville: " Bollocks Oz you mean pheromones .It's nowt to do with them. I'm wondering if it's to do with impending fatherhood."

Oz :" Aye well I do know about that having recently come to terms with the agonising torment of sleepless nights and other stuff."

Neville: " You have a habit of exaggerating Oz.I happen to know that your lass is the one that had sleepless nights 'cos the bairn needed feeding."

Oz: " Bollocks . I was disturbed as well you know , I was always there in spirit anyway."

Dennis: " Are you two arguing again? We're supposed to be relaxing. Anyhow I thought I'd let you know I've just had a text from Detlef.He's not had much chance to relax ,but he's having a really interesting time over in Spain. You'll be particularly fascinated with this Oz."

As Detlef and Vicki walked toward their cars they noticed a familiar blue vehicle parked close by. As they stopped the driver opened his door. Detlef hurriedly positioned himself between Vicki and the car. He spoke loudly ." What do you want?"
The driver walked towards them and his passenger followed suit." We are here to talk with this lady sir. We believe she may be able to assist us with our enquiries into an incident in Newcastle recently."

Detlef: " Do you have identification ?"

The driver slowly put his hand into his jacket and showed Detlef a wallet. Detlef had to move closer to see if there was a warrant card. There wasn't and as the driver made a move to grab Detlef a shot rang out.The drivers mate fell to the ground. Detlef tie wrapped the drivers hands behind his back then turned to see Vicki still with a gun in her hands.
She saw the questioning look on Detlefs face. " I know him .He works for Fraser.So this guy will as well." Detlef took the gun from her hands and from the corner of his eye saw the convent door open.
Detlef: " I think you had better let them know we are the good guys,and to call the police."

Wyman: " Well ,what do you fancy doing?"

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:49 pm

eerrrmm, you missed a bit.

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:47 am

Cock up,blunder like,not sabotage....

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:06 pm

936trt wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:47 am
Cock up,blunder like,not sabotage....
Nay bother. Just fix it loike. DL

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:17 pm

Kenny Ames was standing by his desk as Vicki and Detlef were ushered in by the housemaid.

Kenny: " You're a little late my poppet."

Vicki: " Yes,I'm sorry love we've been held up at the convent,but it's nothing for you to stress about."

Kenny: " When you say nothing to stress about I know there's something you're not telling me . I will find out you know."

Vicki: "Ok,ok,it's all to do with Ally Fraser. That's why Detlef is here with me. We found out that it was Fraser who had the salons torched . It was my fault because of something I said over the 'phone which was overheard ,passed on to Ally and he took exception ."

Kenny: " Well we all know Ally......"

Vicki: " Exactly and if it wasn't for you pet who knows where I'd be. So I was calling in to the Convent as usual when two guys who'd tailed me from Marbella , confronted us in the carpark.Detlef asked them to show some id and one of them pulled a gun,so I winged him. Detlef tied the other one up and the police came and took them away. Sister Mary gave first aid to the guy I shot, and I told the copper that I was a personal friend of Fredo's and he could contact me up here.That's ok isn't it Kenny?"

Kenny: " Of course pet.I guess they'll be processing those two over the next few hours .If they find any connection to Fraser I guess it could get more complicated.But don't fret, Fredo is a good mate." Kenny turned to look at Detlef." You know lad you remind me of someone but I can't put my finger on it."

Vicki: " I'm not surprised Kenny 'cos you know his father from years ago.Remember Dennis Paterson who did that job over here for Fraser?"

Kenny: " Oh yes,the Dennis Paterson who shall we say ,diverted a wad of Ally's money."

Vicki: " One and the same. I must tell you that Detlef who was a policeman until he joined the private sector recently, is shortly going to be married to Debbie Hope .You might remember I told you about Debbie and her mam they were victims of Fraser's money lending scheme, well Detlef helped to sort that out so has a good idea what Fraser's business methods are like. As it turns out Debbie's dad is a mate of Dennis Paterson and was also on the Spanish job with Dennis."

Kenny: " Stone the crows it's a small world. What happened to the rest of the team,I recall there were half a dozen?"

Detlef: " Well I can answer that Mr Ames.What's left of the original group of seven are over in the Caribbean working for OED, a Government department .They lost two guys ,one of them after the Spanish job,and another after they joined OED. "

Kenny: " There was another guy, a Geordie, he would be with them when they did the transporter job, I read about that in the papers .Called Oz, how is he doing do you know?"

Vicki answered before Detlef could open his mouth.

Vicki: " I have heard from Debbie that he is happily married with a new baby girl."

Kenny: " Well that's good to know .At least he didn't leave that girl in the lurch." Detlef sensed that there was some ill-feeling toward Oz and was about to say something when he saw Vicki glaring and shaking her head.

Vicki: " I don't think there will be any problems Kenny do you,since it will be down to Fredo." She turned to Detlef."Detlef I will need to collect my car from the Convent, can you drop me off when you go back to the airport?"

Detlef: " Of course I can but Vicki I came here for a reason and as far as I can see it's still valid. We all know what Fraser is like and sooner or later word will reach him about his two goons.What do you think Mr Ames?"

Kenny: " Crikey it's a long time since anyone called me Mr. Just let me make a few calls I still have a few friends out there and Ally still has a few more enemies."

Vicki shooed Detlef out of the room.

Vicki: " Thanks for not responding to Kenny's question about Oz."

Detlef: " I could see you wanted to draw a line under it.Can I ask why?"

Vicki smiled and looked Detlef in the eyes. About thirty years ago I found myself in a similar position to your mam Detlef.I was pregnant and a long way from home .Kenny and I became friends, it had started on our way back from Tangiers. He knew Oz and I had been an item and thought Oz was a rotten sod for shipping out when he did. Kenny was very good to me especially when I was seting up the salon business. He has been the father to my daughter ,he helped when she went to school and to college and later when she entered the convent.We all have had a second chance, I like to think that's because of Sara Victoria. Kenny has turned his life around.You know what he did before."

Detlef looked at Vicki and smiled." Kenny is not her father is he?"

Vicki: " Not her biological father ,but in all other ways he is."

Detlef: " I don't need to ask and it's none of my business. It's obvious, and like you say it's not really significant. Especially now."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:27 am

haha, I can just hear Majorie, "OOOOZZZZZ !!!"

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Wyman arrived too early . Mel's flight from Phoenix wasn't due for another thirty minutes. He had wandered around the terminal and still couldn't stop himself looking at the arrivals board every few minutes. He knew the Dutch influence was everywhere on Aruba and the other two islands. Chrissy had told him what to expect it was not called the Queen Beatrix Airport for nothing .
He had spent hours cleaning the bungalow the previous day, determined there would be no reason for comments about hapless bachelors. Now that he was here and her arrival was imminent he began to feel nervous and he wasn't sure why. He could recall he'd had butterflies like this when he had taken Mandy on their first date.That was a long time ago and he put the thought to the back of his mind. He went for another coffee and heard an announcement that the flight from Phoenix had just arrived. He put down his coffee and walked across to arrivals.He was thinking it will take a few minutes what with security and luggage, when he heard someone shouting his name. "Wy man, Wy man." It was Mel ,pulling a suitcase, stopping momentarily to adjust the straps on a very large haversack, and then hurrying towards him again.

Wyman: " It's great to see you Mel ,was it a good flight?"

Mel: " Pretty good, can you take the case ,I've never used one of these before. " Still struggling with the straps. "I'm not sure I have them adjusted properly."

They were just about close enough for a hug when he had a shock as a little voice said " Hello Wy man." He jumped back and saw Mel doubled up with laughter still struggling with the straps of what he now realised was a child carrier.

Mel:" I see you have met my travelling companion."

Wyman: " Bloody Norah Mel." Little Mai was now on her feet and looking up at Wyman." Have we far to go?" she said.

Mel: " We all agreed she would like the trip and it was timely that she meet you again."

Wyman had a lump in his throat and a stinging in his eyes. " You never said...."

Mel : " Mai ,say hello to Wy man."

Mai: " Hello Wy man."

Wyman: " Hello Mai." Wyman had planned to shower Mel with kisses but instead found himself in floods of tears.