Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

The Wonders of Oz

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: The Wonders of Oz

Post by Tracy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:09 pm

I think that's the longest speech Oz has ever made.

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:08 am

Later that day Den,Nev and Moxey called round for a chat with Oz. Oz opened the door to his rooms and let them in. Nev nodded to Den who pursed his lips,glanced at Moxey and turned to Oz.

Oz: " Howay lads have a seat,what's up ,do you want a beer?"

Dennis: " Nah ,not just now.Oz we have a problem,we need to ask you a few things." Oz opened his eyes wide in surprise and looked at them all in turn.

Oz: " It must be serious if you're turning down a beer.From the look of you this could be an intervention eh?" He started to laugh then noticed the lads were all grim faced.

Dennis: " Aye it could be Oz. We need to know if there's something you're not telling us. Why did you mention the paparazzi ?"

Moxey: " Actually Den ,Barry told us it should be paparazzo if it's one bloke."

Dennis: " Moxey. Shut up. Oz what are you not telling us?"

Oz: " Den it's got nowt to do with you, it's none of your business."

Neville: " Shite ,now I know there's something up. Come on Oz what's none of our business?"

Dennis was looking closely at Oz and suddenly gave a big sigh.

Dennis: " I should have bloody known.Oz you stupid bollock. It's the tart,it's Vicky isn't it?"

Moxey: " In the dark secluded Northumbrian woods their relationship slowly burgeoned...."

Neville: " Moxey will you shut up ,this is serious."

Dennis: " Tell me it's not true Oz, not in the middle of this crisis,can't you keep it in your trousers lad?"

Oz: " Den, Den man it's not like that.Vicky is really worried about Kenny ,we all know he's in a bad way. All I did was offer a bit comfort."

Dennis: " Shit Oz I knew it.You dozy bugger what'll happen if Ofelia finds out?"

Moxey: " So you slipped her a length?"

Oz: " No Moxey . Den there's nowt to find out. I promise you .It wasn't like that,but mind that photographer could have had a bloody field day. Big Baz got hold of him and burned the film 'cos he'd taken a picture of me giving her a hug. That's all. Anyway we're trying to find out who was behind it. Someone obviously followed them to Wooler and tipped off this paparazzo fellah."

Dennis: " So ,no harm done?"

Oz: " No Den. Rest easy on that . But it's obvious we could all be under surveillance. Anyhow lads, what's the verdict on where we go with this ?"

Neville: " I think we're up for it Oz.This is still an opportunity for us and we always were working toward a better future for us all even back in Dusseldorf, but ,and it's a big but. CWN have massive resources and we know they can play dirty."

Dennis: " See it's not just us now Oz, it's our families, see there's bairns as well. It's easy for Solly to say take the fight to them but how can we defend ourselves in the meantime?"

Moxey: " If I can just say I know it's no picnic having someone after you .I remember when Startup's lot were after me."

Oz : " No you're right of course. I think Solly was right about putting them on the back foot though.They won't be expecting it.Their weak spot is their public image. They'll be shit scared if the media get hold of the Nazi angle.Incidentally I think we might have just learned about a secret weapon.Wyman messaged me about his girl friend Mel.She told him that Kenny Brown is an FBI man on the inside so to speak. I would think if we have them on our side that adds to our resources doesn't it?"

Barry just walked into the room at this point.

Barry: " Sorry I'm late chaps .Can I just say even if we have the FBI on our side in the weeks it would take to get everything in place how many of the hard core would escape. Will we all have to be in witness protection?"

Oz : " Lads ,lads, I'm not saying that's what we have to do but we do have some aces in our hand have'nt we?"

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:15 am

Oz is building this ship to wreck. :?

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:13 am

Ross leaves Oz a message to contact him asap. He returns his call after his meeting with the lads .

Oz : " Ross you left a message earlier?"

Ross: " Afternoon Mr O- sorry Oz, I think it is better you see this rather than we talk over the line. Shall I come up to the house or will you call in here?"

Oz: " No, I'll come to the office. I need to get out of here for a while."

Ross: " So, here is the message for you, intercepted by us per your instructions, from FCO referring to the OED .The other one is from Gary Turnbull in Cuba.They both request your presence at a meeting at the FCO in a few days time. You will know some of the others attending, and there is little doubt something is about to hit the fan."
Oz looked at the messages .

Oz: " So Fraser is now a major player if the FCO are concerned ?" Ross was nodding in agreement.

Ross: " I understand that your original intel about his involvement with MButha's financial arrangements is only part of the picture. Fraser can implicate the person hinted at in the gossip I have been listening to."

Oz: " We ,that is Kenny, told us Fraser was behind the coercion of the UN official . This is the guy who funneled the spondoolicks to MButha."

Ross: " But now we are led to understand the UN official was not alone." Oz looked up from the messages.

Oz: " But why do they want me to go to London?"

Ross: " I would say since you and your colleagues have resigned your OED posts there is reason to ask for what used to be called a "leaving interview".

Oz : " That's obviously bollocks .It's just an excuse."

Ross : " Indeed. My guess is they want as much of Fraser's background as possible .When a peer of the realm or a prominent government figure is involved in a potential scandal ,heaven and earth will be moved to ensure it does not happen."

Oz: " Oh,so that's what this is about.But why me?"

Ross: " Mr O-sorry, again ,Oz. Because you are the new Kenny Ames and someone who knows Fraser. The rumour mill says there will be a rapid response and maybe an extraction from his current location in the Cape Verde islands."

Oz: " Bloody hell .Have I time for a shower?"

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Oh no ! The new Oz becomes the new Kenny Ames. :twisted:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:23 pm

Oz is walking back from the office when he hears a familiar voice shouting his name. He turned and saw Chrissy and Tatiana.

Chrissy: " So what are you doing down here in daylight hours?"

Oz: " Sorry pet I didn't see you ,I'm on my way back from Ames Security . I have been summoned to head office so to speak...."

Tatiana: " Is it bad news Oz ,you don't look very happy?"

Oz: " Probably when it involves bloody Fraser. Anyway how are things with you?"

Chrissy: " Going well and getting better since we pushed on with the extensions.Order books full for six months after the opening in August .We think the Scandinavians and Germanic people will make us billions. They are all so depressed."

Tatiana: " It is the very dark tv programmes they watch and long may it continue.Can I ask you Oz how are the women in your life?"

Oz: " You won't get prizes for tact and diplomacy petal."

Tatiana: " I am concerned for you and for them.These are big recent changes in your life. Barry and me, we know about these things. Is Ofelia going to come over with Sofie?"

Oz: " The last I heard she said no .Her mother is ill and she says there is no one else to help. Sofie is growing up,she'll be two in a few months.I keep in touch with Sara Victoria by e mail ,her gaffer isn't too keen on me making regular visits."

Chrissy: " Has there been any change in Kenny's health since I asked you last?"

Oz: " Nah, he keeps on keeping on Vicky says.He still takes an interest in what we all are doing over here but she says it's still just a matter of time. One of the new doctors in Newcastle told her there might be a treatment that could help, but not to get her hopes up."

Chrissy: " So sad when he has all that enthusiasm ."

Tatiana: " There is an old Russian saying and it means the spirit he is willing but the body he is not."

Oz: " Aye .Well there you go. When you see Barry can you tell him the lads are planning on a few drinks tonight. Just for a change you know?" They all laughed as Oz made his way back up the hill to the house.

Oz had finished sending emails when he heard Barry's 4x4 arrive. There was a long one to Ofelia explaining his forthcoming trip to London and asking after her mothers health.Another to Sara Victoria warning that he would be out of the country for a while, and a similar holding action sent to Vicky at Wooler .

Barry: "Howay Oz.Don't hide in the office.Get yourself down here, some of your serfs and slaves have things to report."

Oz: " Haddaway and shite Taylor ."

Moxey: " They're your new solicitors Oz?"

Dennis: " Here mate have a beer ,just for a change eh?"

Oz: "Aye I saw the lasses down near the marina and told them we'd be having a few drinks. I'll tell you what I told them.There's been a message, I guess partly to do with us telling Gary we're retiring from OED ,but mainly I reckon it's because of the problem known as Ally Fraser.If he spills his guts there will be a shitstorm involving not just the UN guy but now it seems there is a Peer or a Minister been naughty as well."

Dennis: " So why are they asking you to go over there?"

Barry: " I would put money on they want your help with Ames Security Services and first hand knowledge of the man himself."

Oz: " Very close Barry, there has been the suggestion he may be extracted from Cape Verde .I think that means special forces or at least the Expendables. We do have friends in the area of course"

Neville: " Pru says there a lots of operations like this that we never hear about. Rather them than me. "

Dennis had been looking at Oz while they were chatting.

Dennis: Another beer kiddah?"

Oz : " Aye Den ,great."

Dennis: " Oz we're all your mates and we go back years,and I have to ask you.Is this what you really want. There's trouble every way you turn ,if it's not your lass Ofelia, it's Kenny's health, now the problem with Fraser ?"

Oz: " I know what you're getting at Den. I thought it was managable at first and I am learning how to get others to help,but this recent stuff is down to me and only me. Ask me again in a months time."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:43 am

Rambo and Arnie were in The Expendables. The Magnificent two ! :D

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:27 pm

Oz was making his way from the OED offices in Croydon to an office in the FCO in Westminster. The message left at OED was brief he was to take the car provided and meet with Heather Lane before joining a Working Party hastily convened to address the Fraser problem.

Heather: " Hello Oz ,are you ready for this?"

Oz: " As ready as I'll ever be.How long has it been called the Fraser Problem?"

Heather: " I know what you mean, but that's Whitehall. The real problem is you-know-who at the UN and his buddy Lord thingy. "

Oz: " So he won't get the sack either?"

Heather: " I think the pointy heads will wait to see if we can retrieve Fraser successfully. If it all goes tits up then we may see one or both falling on their swords."

Oz: " When did they find out about Ally being moved?"

Heather: " Actually I think it was your guys first, I believe from something that came via Prince Stefano de Montecatini. What a mouthful, do you call him Stefano?"

Oz: " See Heather, I'm still getting used to being at the centre of this particular information highway. Yes we call him Stefano, and I remember him as a bit of a ladies man in Marbella a long time ago .But his intel is usually impeccable according to Derek."

Heather: " Ah here we go ,see those two, the thin one is called Greig,I know him . They're the ones we need on our side.They can rustle up spec ops if needed. Let's get seats near the coffee. Come on Oz."

As Oz and Heather made their way across the room to a huge table laid out for the meeting he heard someone shout his name.He turned to see a slim dark haired woman in a dark suit , knee length skirt and black stockings.

Oz: " Good grief.How are you Sarah?"

Sarah: " Long time and definitely no see ,you brute.Come here." She moved quickly, pulled his head down and kissed him on the mouth. Oz was not prepared for this and when he came up for air it was to see a very surprised Heather , and Sarah laughing out loud.

Oz: " Bloody Norah woman I'm here for .... not for ....." He spluttered." What's the big idea? "

Sarah: " If it's to do with the UN guy and Mr MButha then I'm due to sit in with my boss. You'll buy me lunch maybe, after all you let me down over Aspen and not even a 'phone call ?"

Heather: " Oz you never cease to amaze me. She's the PA for a certain under secretary. Did you know ?"

Oz: " No,I haven't seen her since our trip to Arizona ,must be fifteen years ago or thereabouts. Dear me. She was Jeffrey Graingers PA in those days, and was a huge help in getting that bugger to rights."

Heather: " Ok Oz, I think we're starting .Try to stay awake, these things can get really boring. It would help if you put Sarah Kennedy out of your mind ,for now."

At lunch Oz was collared by Sarah while Heather was whisked away by Greig to discuss the logistics of getting herself and Oz to Cape Verde and back perhaps with an unwilling passenger on the return leg.Or not depending on circumstances.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:40 am

Sarah ! I'd forgotten all about her. Oz will be in there like a rat up a drain pipe ! 8-)

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:11 am

Wyman and Mel have set up a televideo link with Pru at the Ames Security offices.

Wyman: " Hi Pru, we thought we should get in touch asap since we learned Oz is involved directly with the Fraser situation.I should let Mel tell you since it came from her office."

Mel: " Morning Pru,you don't mind first name terms?"

Pru: " Not at all,actually it's good to put a face to the name.We've heard a lot about you. Sorry Mel ,carry on."

Mel: " Well long story short.I passed on copies of the pictures from Mr Moxey which you sent us and had a number of hits from our guys with new facial recognition software. It's much better with old or poor imagesthan our normal programme , and has proved to be a goldmine for our people who liase with the Wiesenthal group .However, one face picked out from the class of 2010 is a friend of yours, one Alistair Fraser.There are other images which could put him with the Stille brothers at an earlier time but nevertheless this one ties him with them and we think confirms his involvement with CWN. The paperwork recently uncovered by your friend Captain Delgado would seem to make more sense now .We can't pin down who would have allowed it to fall into Cuban hands though."

Pru: " That's excellent news.I'll make sure it gets to Oz pdq. He is currently in London with Heather Lane and I'm certain this will greatly influence the way they propose to take the Fraser situation forward ."

Mel: " I guess you know about Wyman's contact with Mr Gomez in Aruba. Well his part in springing Fraser from his hidey hole in Miami could prove his undoing if your friends can get Fraser to cough."

Pru: " Be certain that I will keep you in the loop Mel. Please let your people know this is a significant piece of intel and we will not forget it."

Wyman: " Hi Pru if you speak to Chrissy let her know I'm definitely coming over for a short break in the next few days. I've left messages but get the impression they are all busy with the extension ."

Pru: " Will do Wyman, and thanks to you both once again."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:42 am

OP

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:56 am

Kenny Brown was having a bad day because his boss,Christopher W. Norris was having a bad day. Chris had a message from Cal asking if he was aware there had been a meeting of senior CWN staff in Argentina .Chris let Cal know that he had not been invited. Cal said his information indicated at the meeting there was only one item on the agenda ,to discuss the contents of his recently re-drafted will naming Wyman as beneficiary of his estate, including his shareholding in CWN.

Ross replied to a message from Oz after finding an anomaly in the expanding file on Ally Fraser.

Ross: " Hi, I have your email about the trip to foreign parts and thought I should let you know about the latest addition to our AF file."

Oz: " Ok Ross fire away but make it snappy we will be leaving shortly."

Ross: " Very well sir.We are all aware of Mr Frasers legal representative of long standing a Mr Malcolm Hallwood, he has an unblemished record and supported Fraser since the days of fruit machines and Saunas. However there is another unrelated firm of solicitors ,who have a limited but exclusive remit.This only came to light when following a number of very large financial transactions .I believe we have found the route used for his underworld payoffs and a link to CWN. Also there are references to assets only to be activated in the event of Frasers death. They are specific ,referring to certain deposits at certain banks . This may well be why Fraser is still alive because of the threat to reveal all their dirty washing."

Oz: " Good work Ross .Could you find out which banks he uses ? We will need all the help we can get over the next few days. "

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:14 pm

Hallwood ?! Wonder if he's still working on his tan ? :D

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:45 am

The flight was one of the best experiences Oz could recall. By the time they came in to land he had had as much to eat and drink as he could manage .

Oz: " Heather, I suppose you would get used to this in your previous life?"

Heather: " Not to this extent Oz. I believe we are being softened up since as their attaches they will demand we follow the party line. This is a first for me as ICIT, Industrial ,Commercial and Information Technology expert. To use your words Oz,it's bollocks. "

Oz: " So we are here as attaches to Sarah's boss ?"

Heather: " That's what I was told.He is a permanent under secretary, he gets about two hundred K for his trouble and is answerable to the FCO.The meeting has been set up by the consul who is acting as a go between with the Portuguese and the African gentleman holding Fraser. I've no idea who arranged this but you must see that it's all eminently deniable. If we come away with nothing you can bet who will get the blame. "

Oz : " How the hell can we get what we need out of Fraser?"

Heather: " All in good time Oz. It will have been worked out already. We just have to recognise when the opportunity arises."

As they were being installed in their hotel Oz realised how large their party was.

Oz: " Who are these people Heather.I counted two dozen being signed in?"

Heather: " Now you know where our taxes go Oz.There are at least four minders so some trouble has been factored in.
In addition to Sarah's assistant there are four cultural attaches,some three or four who are close to the Secretary, and I've no idea about the others except they speak Portuguese."

The consul addressed them all in the entrance to his offices,wished them every success for the meeting the following day and suggested they freshen up before the formal dinner .After the dinner Heather took Oz to one side.

Heather: " Dear me I didn't think it would be so high powered.No one said the Portuguese would be this involved. If Fraser has been leaning on some one else apart from those we already know , you can bet they are very high profile.A word of advice Oz keep your door locked tonight."

Oz: " Are you serious?"

Heather: " Most certainly. Listen to me .Sarah's boss is a real high flier.Been in the post about six months,brought his PA with him as well as this small army. You can bet he has a plan to ensure whatever happens the shit does not stick to him.Are you still keen on her Oz?"

Oz: "Hell, where did that come from,I'm a married man?"

Heather: " But once upon a time you were not. For both our sakes keep your door locked and watch out for paparazzi."

In the early hours something had woken Oz. He sat up and listened. He thought he heard someone trying the door and quietly went to investigate.There was no one there but saw a light from a slightly open door further down the corridor. He took a quick look and returned quickly to his own room shocked and saddened.He had seen an almost naked Sarah with a syringe between the toes of her left foot.

Heather had a text message from Barbara.

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:38 pm

Oz is taking a walk along the beach, miles of white sand and clear blue water. Very restful. He heard someonerunning up behind him and turned.It was Sarah.

Sarah: " Morning Oz. Up bright and early.Did you sleep well?"

Oz: " I slept like a log bonny lass."He turned and was surprised to see her eyes filling up." What's wrong pet?"

Sarah: " You will never know how many times I wanted to hear you say bonny lass.Why didn't you stay in touch?"

Oz didn't answer.She took his hand and they continued walking .Sarah began to whistle and swing his hand in time as they walked.

Oz: " Sarah ,I'm married, what are you doing. I have committments?"

Sarah: " My God Oz you have changed.Do you never kick over the traces?"

Oz: " Not so you would ever notice. You have obviously never settled down and yet have a responsible job?"

Sarah: " Oz that's almost a perfect deflection. It's true I have a demanding position with the Secretary. It is very well paid and I have everything I need except someone like you."

Oz: " Steady there petal,are you always like this so early in the morning? "

Sarah: " I can see your minder waving at you Oz.It's Heather isn't it?"

Thank the lord for Heather thought Oz." Yes I had better see what it is she wants."

Heather had her 'phone to her ear as they approached.She raised her hand palm facing Oz as she continued the call.
Heather: " Certainly Barbara I will tell him as soon as I see him.Thankyou. Good morning ms Kennedy. Did you sleep well?"

Sarah: " Very well ms Lane ,and you?"

Heather: " Fine.We all need to be wide awake this morning.I believe they should be ready for us now. A quick word Mr O?" She linked Oz's arm and marched smartly in the direction of their accommodation leaving Sarah standing near the doorway.

Heather: " Oz,did you keep your door locked last night?"

Oz: " Of course.Why? "

Heather: It has already started. Barbara picked up on their comms last night among which were several mentions of your undying lust for the Kennedy body. Please tell me it is not true?"

Oz: " It is not true."

Sarah: " Good I thought that would be the case. They will know their messages will be compromised.It's a game they are playing."

Oz :" So who will be listening in?"

Heather: " Everyone Oz. So. We have a Q & A in thirty minutes with Fraser,but he will have his people present.We are told to play it by ear. She looks quite attractive for someone who won't see forty five again, don't you think Oz?"

Oz: " Why aye pet I'm lusting after her as we speak.Heather, give it a rest.The lass is to be pitied ."

Heather looked at him." You know about her habit don't you?"

Oz: " Yes."

Heather: She is playing a dangerous game especially with the Portuguese according to the latest from Ames Security.. Here we are Oz .Our seats are right at the front."

Oz and Heather were ushered to their places and only had a few minutes before Fraser was brought in. Oz looked across the room and had a good view through the french windows to the beach and the distant sea.The white sand looked very inviting until Heather gave him a dig in the ribs.He brought his attention to the front in time to notice a bulge on Fraser's right ankle.He looked at Heather who mouthed the word "tracker", smiled and raised her eyebrows.
At a table facing Fraser were two men .One had the appearance of a barrister with a robe but no wig,his partner was completely different ,a poorly fitting suit and a bulge instead of a wallet.
The barrister stood and spoke.
" We recognise these proceedings will be recorded with the permission of Mr Frasers legal group.We begin with a statement of intent.Your name ,nationality and....." He never finished. The proceedings were interrupted by the sounds of breaking glass and automatic gunfire.He fell to the floor with blood on his head and chest.His colleague had half turned to the source of the noise and was reaching into his jacket when he too recieved wounds to the head and chest.Heather and Oz were on the floor on hands and knees.Fraser was laughing as his minders dashed across the room to take him to safety, only to be both shot through the head before they could reach him.Four masked men in camouflage broke through what was left of the french doors.The smile had left Frasers face as he realised his rescue had failed.One of the gunmen drew a knife and gestured to Heather and Oz to get up.He cut the tag around Frasers ankle and indicated they were all to move out on to the beach.He reloaded and fired into the air which ensured all the other attendees stayed down.
A dark blue helicopter was waiting with the rotors slowly turning. More gunfire could be heard and the sound of vehicles heading in their direction. The four men had still not spoken. Two of them moved off to intercept a two 4x4's that were moving very quickly toward them.The other two bundled Oz,Heather and Fraser into the helicopter,and tie wrapped Frasers wrists.They heard gunfire and turned to see one of the vehicles burst into flames and collide with the other that had been following probably too closely. The chopper started to lift as the two other gunmen were hauled up inside.The pilot made a fast turn and headed out to sea.The whole action had taken less than three minutes but had seemed longer when they discussed it later.
After flying up the coast for perhaps a further five minutes they landed near a jetty where Oz could see a welcome sight.It was Sara Victoria at anchor.