Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Lost and Found

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Re: Lost and Found

Post by 936trt » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:10 pm

Moxey delivered his passengers right to the door, climbed wearily out of the car and stretching his arms.

Moxey: “ Here we are folks, Mrs Irvine will explain where your rooms are ."

He turned to see Chrissy glaring at him.

Moxey: “ Hello pet ,alright?”

Chrissy: “ No, everything’s not alright.”

Moxey: “ Look Chrissy I can’t have done anything, I’ve been driving for the neck end of six hours, what’s up?”

Chrissy: “ I’ll tell you what’s up , we’re surrounded by Tatiana’s Albanian gang, they’re armed and dangerous, they followed you here and are watching us all the time.”

Moxey: “ Have you told the bobbies?”

Chrissy: “ Of course we have , McCaskill is here with Mr Irvine .They have been searching the woods by the chalets which is where the gang were last seen.” Dennis and Oz had heard Chrissy shouting at Moxey and walked over.

Oz: “ Has anyone been hurt Chrissy?”

Chrissy: “ No, but no thanks to you lot, playing at double oh seven.” She stormed off towards the kitchens.

Dennis:” Think we’d better have a word with Irvine. She’s worried about the kids do you reckon Mox?”

Moxey: “ She’s not been happy about things since Andy Hateley’s visit then the attempt to grab Barry and now this .It’s become real and personal. Chrissy didn’t agree with us gathering intel, she says it’s too dangerous for amateurs.”

Oz: “ We’ve done stuff before and she never said anything.”

Moxey: “ This time it’s different, the bad guys are on both doorsteps, in Spain and here. I’ll go and talk to her.”

Sarah: “ So Mr Irvine can you tell me more about these people coming ashore in Wick?”

Irvine: “ There’s always been talk ,mainly because everyone knows these parts are not closely watched. Never been any need. Same as in the west the klondikers we called them, Russian sailors coming ashore, bartering vodka. I asked McCaskill ,as a favour you know ‘cos some of his mates do keep an eye out. Every now and then there’d be a big van drive down to Inverness or Perth. “

Sarah: “ What happened then?”

Irvine:” When he reported it he was told it was in hand.”

Sarah: “ Was it?”

Irvine: “ Don’t know. There’s never been any bother round here, not enough people to matter you know. We’ve always been told our trouble comes up from the south, mainly Glasgow. He’s a canny lad our bobby .It’s his job see, he wants to believe it was ok.”

Oz: “ What does he think about this gang Chrissy told us about?”

Irvine: “ That’s something McCaskill’s boss is worried about, he’s up there now having a look for himself.”

Up at the chalets Guy is talking to McCaskill and his inspector.

McCaskill: “ So it was your man Irvine found the place?”

Guy: “ Yes, I explained this before.”

McCaskill: “ Sorry m’lord for the benefit of the inspector.”

Guy: “ My sister and her friend were out exploring with Wyman.”

McCaskill: “ Can you explain who he is ?”

Guy: “ Wyman Norris, a family friend, my step mother’s natural son, she will have arrived this morning with the others.”

McCaskill: “ The others?”

Guy: “ My fathers friends who have travelled here from Spain.”

McCaskill: “ Inspector Jackson is not familiar with Mr Moxey’s background.”

Guy: “ They all live in Spain these days and jointly run a network of plumbing and electrical businesses. Mr Osbourne has additional interests , his offices are near Malaga .If you have any other questions you could ask him directly .They are staying with us for a few days”.

Jackson:” I would like to have a word with them if you wouldn’t mind. Now, the place from where Irvine said you were being watched?”

Guy: “ If you care to look here, we haven’t touched anything. You see a pile of cigarette ends, and those three marks, an isosceles triangle which Mr Irvine says is where a tripod was positioned . You see it lines up with the chalets and the entrance at the western side of the castle .”

Jackson: “ Clever chap you’re Mr Irvine.”

Guy: “ Indeed, he knows the estate like the back of his hand especially this area around the castle. We all rely on his experience and expertise at woodcraft as well as estate management.” Guy had taken a dislike to inspector Jackson which he found difficult to disguise .

Back at Kilgrinnan, Sarah and Oz have unpacked. Sarah was gazing out at an unfamiliar view. She turned to Oz.

Sarah: “ Did you know how Chrissy felt about this trip?”

Oz: “I’m not surprised. I saw a big change in her after Wyman’s jeep blew up. She was very close to Mel and Mai , and since then I see her withdraw a bit every time something happens to us you know, we are her extended family. This trip is outside her comfort zone.”

Sarah: “ I don’t think I follow Oz?”

Oz: “ I reckon she sees a threat with any change .After Tatiana left Varna, following the container, looking for Zoe, the trip to Peru, back to Spain, Andy Hateley, Nikki Myles, the traffickers. All these things affect our day to day life. She hates it. Moxey is beside himself sometimes. You didn’t hear that from me.”

Sarah: “The comment about double oh seven, should I take that personally?”

Oz: “ Maybe she sees you as a threat, connections to FBI and so on.”

Sarah: “ There was all that business in the Caribbean as well.”

Oz: “ Wyman had a close escape, lost his girlfriend in the process. I’ve never been too sure how Chrissy views Chris either. There is the obvious connection to Wayne of course ,but there again a very real threat from the Stille’s.”

Sarah: “ Don’t suppose there is anything I can do?”

Oz: “ No, nothing and don’t talk to anyone else about it. Please pet.”

Mrs Irvine had produced a very appetising spread of cake and sandwiches and it was much appreciated by everyone especially the police guests.

Guy: “ So, inspector Jackson you have now seen everyone I told you about. Can you explain to us the unusual interest shown by your Edinburgh office .We assume it’s connected to the trespassers in the woods or maybe to the boat people?”

Jackson: “ Boat people?”

McCaskill: “ I believe the reference is to the landings from Wick sir.”

Jackson.” I think these are unrelated events . The boat people as you describe them are opportunistic migrants ,there is some evidence it is an isolated incident but it will be monitored by our Edinburgh office. The people in your woods are something else .Our Edinburgh colleagues observed them with a drone. They are primarily newspaper people. I am told you were approached before you came here by one Nikki Myles?”

Oz: “ Is it her ,has the bitch followed us here?”

McCaskill: “ Sorry I know nothing about this. Did you say drone sir?”

Jackson: “ Nothing to be concerned about, standard procedure in cases like this, difficult terrain ,lack of manpower and so on. She has asked you to help her in her search for people traffickers?”

Dennis: “ Can I ask you how you know about that inspector Jackson?”

Jackson: “ Something that came to us from the Edinburgh office.”

Dennis: “ Wouldn’t have been anything to do with superintendent Andy Hateley would it?”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:53 am

"I don't like your tone Mr Pattersson !"
"BOLLOCKS !!!" :lol:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 pm

Dennis :” If they were newspaper people and they’d followed us here ,wouldn’t they be banging on the door by now?”

Oz: “ That is a valid point Den, why would they hang about watching us from a distance especially If they are Nikki Myles followers”

McCaskill: “ Inspector did the Edinburgh office give us any more information about them?”

Jackson: “ I’m not in a position to disclose internal communications constable particularly in present company. I will return to the office . Keep me posted .Cheerio for now.” They heard his car leave at speed.

Sarah: “ Does anyone know exactly where these people are staying?”

Irvine: “ We know they’re not in the village. I would guess somewhere not far from where they were watching us. We could search for them at first light and maybe find out who they are?”

Chrissy: “ I’ve never heard such rubbish. Don’t any of you think of the danger. We should leave this to the police .”

Moxey: “ Chrissy what’s the matter with you, we have the police here. You heard what was said. Do you think we should just sit at home and bury our heads?” Moxey was clearly annoyed and he stalked out of the room.

Dennis: “ Constable McCaskill, your inspector didn’t answer my question about Andy Hateley. I guess Moxey would tell you he came to see us?”

McCaskill: “ He did ,and yes the inspector was aware about his trip to Spain. He asked me what I knew but it seems to me he already had chapter and verse. “

Sarah: “ Do you think Hateley has a point of contact in your Edinburgh office?”

McCaskill: “ Why do you ask?”

Sarah: “ It would take some organising to get a drone up here so quickly I’m thinking. Unless someone leaned on your inspector?”

McCaskill: “ Sorry I wasn’t in that particular loop, but in my experience your correct.”

Oz: “ Let’s just say they’re not from a newspaper, what are the chances Chrissy’s fears are for real and it’s Tatiana’s mates looking for Anna?”

Barry: “ Nothing that woman would do could surprise me now. I don’t suppose we’ve heard any more from Fredo Sarah?”

Sarah: “ No .After he discovered they are Albanian he contacted his immediate superior and he was waiting for someone to come and interrogate them.”

Oz: “ Is that called kicking the can down the road?”

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:55 pm

Moxey and Barry are having a dram before getting some shuteye.

Moxey: “ So Bazza did you have to fend off some awkward questions from Anna?”

Barry: “ Not the ones I thought I was going to get Mox. She knows her mother too well .I didn’t expect her to have thought it through so carefully. She wanted to know my plans for our joint future,will we stay in Spain,will I keep on with the same job,where do I see us in a years time?”

Moxey: “ Dear me lad she’s going to keep you on your toes. Talking about keeping on your toes did you see Chrissy after dinner?”

Barry: “ No Mox,I assumed she’d gone upstairs to your rooms.”

Moxey: “ Sorry kiddah I’ll just have to get hold of Irvine.”

Irvine: “ Good evening Mr Moxey,what can I do for you?”

Moxey: “ Did my wife borrow one of the cars earlier?”

Irvine: “ Yes, she did. She left it at the station in the village. We’ll pick it up first thing tomorrow.”

Moxey: “ Did she say where she was going?” Irvine could see Moxey was concerned , clearly his wife had gone without explanation and he was having difficulty in processing the information.

Irvine: “ If she was catching the eight thirty that would be taking her to Edinburgh.”

Moxey: “ Thanks.” Moxey returned to their room to find Chrissy had packed two cases and Bea’s passport was missing. He ‘phoned her.

Chrissy: “ Hello Moxey, you’re wondering where we are?”

Moxey: “ Yes. I saw you’d packed and taken Bea’s passport, so you’re heading for Spain?”

Chrissy: “ Yes. I’ll feel we’ll both be safer at home. I must go, they’re calling our flight just now. Sorry Mox. It’s not personal. All the time Anna is at risk Bea’s not safe either.”

The sky was significantly lighter by the time they’d finished breakfast, everyone except Dagmar. As they put on waterproofs and Irvine handed out rifles and ammunition, McCaskill gave the weapons another once over. In addition to his own gun there were five members of the party who were armed. Guy, Oz, Sarah, Moxey and Dennis.

Irvine: “ You all know the route we’re taking. For those unfamiliar with these woods follow behind me or Guy, and take care.”

After an hour they had reached higher ground and Irvine called a halt.

Irvine: “ We can see a long way from here. If you look across there to the north you can make out our friends campsite.”

Dennis: “ They’re not in a hurry, it’s six thirty and no sign of life.”

Irvine: “ Well now we have seen them it’s less than quarter of a mile and we’re down wind. Take care and no noise please. We don’t know how they might react if they hear us coming up on them, we are armed but I’ve had experiences with poachers .We don’t want them to panic, but we do need to know what they are up to and after all they are trespassing.”

Barry ,Neville and Anna were having their cooked breakfast with Mrs Irvine. They heard the bell ring at the front door of the gatehouse. They exchanged glances and went to their pre arranged positions. Mrs Irvine went to the door and looked through the curtain at the side window .She saw a stranger with a map and a mobile ‘phone. She relayed this to Neville who was keeping watch. She opened the door and he spoke to her in accented English.” Good morning madam I am on a walking trip in the area looking for Kilgrinnan Castle.Is this it?”

Mrs Irvine: “ It is .How can I help you?” the stranger held out his hand.” Let me introduce myself.I am Joachim Lopez.”

Mrs.Irvine: “ If it’s about chalets my husband ir the one to talk to.”

Joachim: “ As a matter of fact it is about the chalets. I came past them and saw that two are occupied.” At this point Neville came to the doorway, and looked at a man of average height ,dark hair, and a sallow but not unfriendly face.

Neville: “ Hello, can I help you?”

Joachim: “I was just saying to this lady, I came past the chalets and noticed two were occupied.”

Neville: “ Your question is?” He looked at Neville , unstrapped his haversack and reached into his pocket.

Joachim: “ This is my id. I am a colleague of Fredo’s .I believe you know him?”

Neville: “ You are a long way from home if you’re a Spanish policeman? Nev had glanced at the card, which had addresses, telephone numbers, and a seven digit number belonging to an operative called, Joachim Lopez, National Intelligence Centre, Madrid.

Joachim:” From the description Fredo gave me I guess you are Neville Hope?”

Mrs Irvine: “ Please Mr Lopez come inside and have a seat.” She turned to Nev.” Neville I should tell himself that we have a visitor.”

Neville: “ Good idea ,I’ll stay here and talk to Mr Lopez." Nev turned back to Lopez." She has gone to find her husband and my friends. Maybe Fredo told you about them too?”

Joachim: “ Yes he did and it’s one of the reasons I’m here . I have a lot to tell you and I hope that you will answer some of my questions . Fredo told me of the attempted abduction of your friend Mr Taylor, and that his superiors in Malaga kicked it further up the road and it ended at CNI in Madrid. Mr Hope I don’t think you know the danger you are all in.”

Neville: “ We have an idea from the events that brought us here.”

Joachim: “ This is about more than Mrs Taylor’s attempt to take her daughter away from Mr Taylor.”

Neville: “ We know that she is involved with trafficking in some way, Fredo may have told you that?”

Joachim: “ She is the main reason I have been sent here. You may not know of her connections to the Mafia in the Moscow area.” Joachim was surprised at Neville’s smile,he had expected a different reaction.” This information is not new to you?”

Neville: “ It’s not ,but it does tell me you don’t have better handle on this than we have .We told Fredo of her connection to the traffickers after the situation in Varna, and Fredo is also aware of our battles with her so called brother Kadi right up until he was shot last year.”

Joachim: “ I was told of Mrs Taylors relationship. We believe it centred primarily on the drug business.” Nev laughed.

Neville:” I hope you don’t say this in front of Mr Taylor. He’s not the only one with a very different view of Tatiana’s family affairs.”

Joachim: “ I would very much like to speak with Mr Taylor before I go. Will that be possible?”

Neville: “ I don’t see why not , but first perhaps you can bring us up to date with what you know up to now?”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:14 pm

OP

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:25 pm

After a very brief chat Nev came to a decision. He stood up , inclined his head to Joachim,and set off toward the chalets.

Joachim: “So where are we going Neville?”

Neville: “ You said you’d noticed some chalets on the way?”

Joachim: “ I did. It looked like two were occupied.”

Neville: “Smoke from the chimney?” Nev smiled as Joachim scowled.

Joachim: “ Neville my concern is for innocent lives put at risk, caught up in a possible armed conflict.”

Neville: “ Hey bonnie lad don’t get your knickers in a twist. I’m going to introduce you to some mates before we go to see Barry Taylor."

As they approached the first chalet a figure appeared at the door .” Hello Nev, how’s it hanging?”

Neville: “ Hiyah Kenny ,ok. I’ve brought a visitor, a copper from Spain. Joachim, this young man before you is Kenny Brown, he has two colleagues Jo and Luis. In the next chalet is Maureen , she works for Hugo out of their Phoenix office.”

Joachim was lost for words and just followed Nev as he continued walking back to the castle.

Joachim: “ So who are these people and why did you introduce me?”

Neville: “ Joachim don’t take this the wrong way but none of us appreciate being patronised. We’ve been in bother before and try to look after ourselves. On this occasion we’ve brought in some professional help, since the attempt to abduct Barry. “

Joachim:” Does this include protection for his daughter?”

Neville: “ Taken care of. Dagmar Patterson , Anna knows her. Normally she heads up our commercial activities back in Spain ,but she volunteered in this emergency. Dagmar has become quite proficient with small arms . This came about because of something her husband Dennis….well that’s another story. Let’s just see if Barry is accepting visitors.”He was.

After Barry invited Joachim inside Nev excused himself and headed back to the chalets.

Kenny: “ Wyman I’m happy that you’re on this gig but I insist you toe the line like everyone else.” He nodded toward Jo and Luis. “ Maureen is here entirely on merit. She’s been up against these guys before.”

Wyman: “ No probs Kenny, I can be a team player. You know that.”

Kenny: “ Yes but I also know how you reacted to the news about the drone attack.” He put up his hands as Wyman began to reply.” It’s understandable ,but your intention was unprofessional. Ok are we all ready for the videolink? Ok. Let’s do this.”

Kenny: “Hello Hugo. We’re all present and correct. Ok at your end?”

Hugo: “ Hi Kenny, yes we’re good. I’ll start with an update. Your bogies are confirmed, the Albanians who were subcontracted by the Russian outfit we had eyes on. They have the Taylor contract. They made landfall early hours, overlanded to Kilgrinnan and your guys have eyes on as we speak?”

Kenny: “ Copy that Hugo. Update, we have Spanish National intelligence operative Joachim Lopez. Ref to Fredo our friendly copper in Spain.”

Hugo: “ Problem Kenny?”

Kenny: “ No. Observer status. “

Hugo: “Ok. Your bogies known to be heavily armed and mostly well trained. May be some special forces among them. Tell your guys no heroics.”

Kenny: “ So far just as you expected last week.”

Hugo: “ We won’t rain on your parade Kenny. It’s your show. We only want hands on our Chechen friend . Otherwise you won’t see us if everything goes to plan.”

Kenny: “Yeah. We were surprised to hear he was showing his face but the word is he’s here to clinch a deal.”

Hugo: “ Sarah Kennedy has some skin in this?”

Kenny: “ Yeah she was briefed by the FCO ,it’s a turf war among some coppers on the take. Collateral to the Chechen gig. She’s up there with the field group .Ok it’s a watching brief ‘till I hear from you Hugo.”

Hugo: “ Copy that Kenny. The chopper will radio you on their approach. Out.”

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:09 pm

Barry :” So Joachim, what exactly are you doing here?”

Joachim: “ I am ordered here by the National intelligence Centre.” Barry showed a suitably mystified facial expression. “ I can explain Mr Taylor. A request came to us from your local Spanish police. Inspector Fredo is of the opinion that your recent personal experience is the work of organised crime, which is our area of responsibility.”

Barry: “ That’s excellent news Joachim. I have a question. How on earth do you propose to catch them. Where are the resources for such an exercise. Nev will have told you the extent of our safety measures I’m sure?”

Joachim: “ Mr Taylor I assure you our department has all the resources of the EU at it’s fingertips.”

Barry: “ Well I am so relieved, that’s incredibly reassuring. However, Mr Lopez all I’ve seen up to now is you. Do you have a firearm?”

Joachim: “ I most certainly do not Mr Taylor.”

Barry: “ Then how the hell do you propose to help us when at this precise moment we are threatened by an armed gang of bloody mercenaries just up the road?”

As Nev walked back toward Kenny’s chalet he thought he detected a movement in the bushes nearby. He continued without pause and walked straight in to find Kenny looking through the rear window.

Neville: “ Kenny I don’t want to tread on toes but have your guys been keeping a lookout?”

Kenny: “ You’ve seen something Nev?”

Neville: “ Just now between here and the gorse next to Maureen’s chalet.”

Kenny: “ Luis and Jo are on it Nev.” He straightened up from his position at the window.” Oz warned us to expect at least one visitor. They saw a couple of bogeys leave their camp a while back heading south. “

Neville: “ Maybe just having a look see?”

Kenny: “ Maybe. “ He went back to look through the window. He suddenly gripped Nev’s arm and pointed to the trees near the castle entrance. They could make out at least four figures bent almost double, moving slowly toward the door.
” Stay here ,I’ll get Jo and Luis.”

It was all over in minutes and four very unhappy people had their hands and feet tie wrapped.

Neville: “ Dear me Kenny, now I do feel useless ,your lads make it look so easy.”

Kenny: “ I can’t say we do this all the time Nev and it does come more easily with practice but these fellas are amateurs.”

Neville: “ Mind the duct tape across the mouth is a nice touch though but. I ‘phoned the police station and the young lady said she’d try to organise a van to move them. There’s no room at their nick.”

Kenny: “ I thought we’d have Barry cheering us on, the lads did make a bit of a racket and I never saw him leave, did you?”

Neville: “ Nah he was blathering with that Joachim fellah.” Neville suddenly looked worried. ”I’ll just nip over there and have a look.” He ran across to the gate house, took the stairs two at a time and found Barry on the deck with a lump on the back of his head. He helped him up on to a chair.” Now then mate ,what’s going on?” He gave him a glass of water. “ Where’s Joachim?”

Barry: “ Bastard’s gone. He’s a lying bugger. Ow me nut.” He touched the lump on the back of his head.” He was really only trying to find out where Anna was. I told him he didn’t need to know so he could piss off. That’s when he knocked me out.” Nev passed him some ice in a tea towel .

Neville: “ This is a pain relief kit Barry ,hold it to your head. I’ll see you in a bit.” He ran back to Kenny’s chalet to explain Barry’s absence.

Kenny: “ Damn he’ll be long gone by now. Is Barry ok?”

Neville: “ I’ll tell Mrs Irvine ,she’ll enjoy looking after Barry. I guess Dagmar and Anna haven’t moved from Maureen’s place?”

Kenny: “ No. They’ll be fine there for the moment. Did you know Maureen was partnered with Mel once upon a time. They parted company when Mel was assigned to the Chocanaw case?”

Neville: “ Aye it’s a small world. Kenny, shouldn’t we be thinking of moving them, I mean this Joachim guy must be an extra threat?”

Kenny: “I’m with Dennis and Sarah on this, they’re right to be suspicious. How did our friends find out she was here unless Hateley or Jackson told them, and I don’t buy the smokescreen about the Edinburgh office calling the shots . How far is it to Wooler from here?”

A little further north there was a flurry of activity noticed by our field party who had moved a bit closer in the last half hour.

Moxey: “ Something’s up ,they’ve just picked up their gear and jumped into the four by fours.”

Oz: “ Aye, and left the tents and cars behind.”

McCaskill: “ We’ll see which direction they take…..” He never finished the sentence because Oz stood up.

Dennis: “ Get down you daft bugger!” They heard several shots in Oz’s direction. Oz dropped to the ground.

Irvine: “ Are looking to get your head blown off man?”

Oz: “ We’ve been here ages I just didn’t want to lose them.”

Moxey: “ Not much chance of that now they know we’re here.”

Guy: “ It appears they have a more pressing engagement. We can head them off if they’re going to Kilgrinnan.”

Irvine: “ Aye we can follow the old track .You know where I mean young McCaskill?”

McCaskill: “ Indeed. Lead the way old friend.”

Oz sent a text to Nev .”Birds flown the nest, 4x4. Are following. Reception? ”

Dennis: “ You let Nev know?”

Oz: “ Yes. I don’t know how long we’ll be mind .

Guy: “ If we keep up this pace we should be there before them.They have to circle around round this hill and it’s bad going.”

As they came out of the trees to the north of Maureens’ chalet they saw a barricade of logs across the road. Kenny and Nev on one side, Luis and Jo on the other. Oz shouted to Nev and waved. Nev returned the wave as the first of the four by fours came in to view.

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:59 pm

Both vehicles slowed as they approached the barrier and the rear jeep began to turn. Sarah had binoculars on the nearest.

Sarah: “ Oz. I see automatic weapons .Looks like they can’t agree what to do.”

Irvine : “ They’re turning back.”

McCaskill: “ See. One of them’s standing up through the sun roof.” Automatic fire raked the trees where Nev and Kenny were crouching.

Dennis: “ Bloody hell, they’re going to get away.”

Sarah: “ Aim for the wheels, shoot the tyres .” Sarah’s quick thinking saved the day. Dennis was the first to get a hit. A cheer went up,and then another as Sarah punctured the front tyre of the vehicle during a multi point turn. There was a fairground atmosphere as everyone opened up on the two hapless four by fours. Dennis and Guy however, were in dispute over who got the last one.

Moxey: “ You always were a jammy bugger Oz, you said you were aiming for the offside but claimed the nearside and I’m pretty sure that was Sarah’s shot.”

McCaskill: “ Hang on .What’s that noise?”

Guy: “ I’d say a helicopter ? ”

Dennis: “ Someone’s running through the trees, look over there, other side of the barricade.”

Oz: “ Aye, I see him, I know that guy, it’s Luis ,you know one of Kenny’s lads .He’s waving.”

Sarah: “ Get down Oz, have you got a death wish?”

Moxey: “ Listen. He’s telling us to keep down. Bloody Norah, where did that lot come from?” Several figures were exiting the helicopter down ropes and surrounding the stranded vehicles.

Dennis: “ Hell’s teeth there’s hundreds of them.”

Moxey: “ As always Den you exaggerate, but there’s enough to fettle the buggers in the jeeps.”

Guy: “ You’re right Moxey .They’ve given up, one of them’s waving a white flag.”

Oz: “ Thank the lord for that.” Oz shot off into the trees.” I’m bustin’ for a slash.” Sarah sighed and shook her head.

Sarah: “ I told you not to drink so much coffee. Serves you right.”

Dennis: “ There’s Kenny. He’s coming over here.”

Kenny: “ Hi fellas. Pretty smart eh ?” He pointed to the chopper.

Dennis: “ Amazing Kenny, certainly took care of that lot, no problem.”

Kenny: “We are grateful for your sharpshooting back there. Our job would have been more difficult if they’d been mobile. By the by, you might want to talk to Barry. Nev will explain , he’s taken a bash to the head.”

Oz: “ He's got a hard head. I'll go see him just now. Say Kenny, who’s the fella with the cap?”

Kenny: “ That’s Hugo, he works out of the Phoenix office. He was Mel’s boss, he’s a little strange , you know, sometimes wears DP to office meetings.”

Oz: “ What’s DP?”

Dennis: “ Camouflage to you, disperse phase to us know it all types.”

Kenny: “ Yeah he’s a bit pissed at the moment , the guy he was after isn’t there.”

Dennis: “ Who’s that then?”

Kenny: “ He’s known as the Chechen. He’s pretty good at disguises as well. We got it in the neck afterwards. Nev had brought him over to the chalet but we didn’t know who he was at that time. He told Nev he was with Spanish National intelligence, fake id . He’s the one who decked Barry when he wouldn’t tell where Anna was.”

Dennis: “ So why is Hugo after him?”

Kenny: “ He is a big wheel with the traffickers and Hugo reckons he’s friends with Tatiana.”

Dennis: “ So he was with the people we’ve just been chasing through the woods?”

Kenny: “ We’re not sure if they travelled together .Hugo believes he recruits as and when .This lot probably landed at Wick but he could have joined them after that. His transport was found nearby and it had been monitored in the Teesside area recently.”

Oz: “ I asked Big Baz to make a few enquiries ,he might have found something if there’s a north east connection.”

Kenny: “ Barry says this guy knew about Fredo ,the attempted abduction and wonders if he's the connection to our friendly policemen . There’s a leak somewhere lads.”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:14 am

A leak ? Now you are taking the piss ! :lol:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Sarah was studying Kenny who for the last few minutes had been looking intently at his feet.

Sarah: “ You seem embarrassed Kenny. Is there something you haven’t told us?”

He looked sheepishly at Sarah. She smiled at this image of Kenny the errant schoolboy with his hands in his pockets.

Kenny: “ On their way here Hugo’s crew picked up a signal, they believe from a mobile ‘phone.”

Moxey: “ Are you saying you want to look at our ‘phones?”

Kenny: “ Yes. Please. But nobody is saying this was a deliberate act Moxey.”

Oz:” So what are you saying Kenny?”

Kenny: “ I’m not an expert Oz but there are tracker apps that can be downloaded to a mobile which would have made it very easy for the Chechen to find us.” Kenny looked up as they heard Neville leading a very vocal and bandaged Barry from the gatehouse.

Neville: “ Hey ,Kenny we’ve just had a call from your mate Hugo. He told Barry to come and find you. What’s it all about?”

Kenny: “ Can I have a look at your ‘phone Barry?”

Having established that it was Barry’s ‘phone that had the tracking app, Hugo suggested that with Barry’s blessing they would take it with them on their return to the US .

Kenny: “No one else’s ‘phone, including Anna’s has a tracking app. Hugo says Tatiana could have done it without Barry having any idea.”

Sarah: “ Let’s assume then that Mr Lopez the Chechen, reports back . As far as Tatiana knows we are still unaware of the tracker so unless she has eyes in the sky she’ll think Barry’s gone to the US.”

Oz: “ Mind that begs the question, where are we going?”

Dennis: “Look man, Tatiana knows all the places we know. If she’s desperate to get the bairn it’s just trial and error for her. Come on Barry have you any ideas ?”

Barry: “ My most recent idea was to eliminate the bitch but Nev said I can’t.”

Moxey: “ She is the problem though ,if we can’t stop her permanently what can we do?”

Sarah: “ We could contain her Moxey.”

Dennis: “ You mean get her put inside?”

Sarah: “ Sort of Dennis. If she has no eyes or ears to the outside world and no one to do her bidding…..Tell me Barry if you’d known then what you……” Barry raised both arms .

Barry: “ Don’t ask me that, the answer would be probably the same .It’s like a disease. My feelings for her won’t change but I know I have to protect Anna from her influence. What can I do?”

Sarah: “ That’s a good word Barry. Influence. If she becomes persona non grata in her world, then she becomes powerless. I think I see the beginnings of an idea.”

Kenny: “ Correct me if I’m wrong. If Tatiana has no influence then it doesn’t matter where Anna is?”

Oz: “ We could take Anna anywhere ,she couldn’t reach her.”

Moxey: “ Question is how can we do this?”

Sarah: “ Isn’t this a no brainer for Amesec?”

Kenny: “ I would guess that our friends in Langley could help as well.”

Dennis: “ Moxey’s hit the nail on the head though. Do you reckon trashing her street cred is the best way to do it?”

Oz: “ If no one trusts her, if the word on the street is bad enough…..?”

Moxey: “ Better if she was inside.”

Dennis: “ Aye. I think Moxey’s right.”

Neville: “ Yeah, I’ve got to agree, there’ll always be the chance that someone would fall for a good sob story.”

Sarah: “Were you thinking at Her Majesty’s Pleasure Nev?”

Neville: “ Why, does it have to be?”

Sarah: “ No, anyway the judiciary can be fickle, whereas the private sector can usually be relied on to provide value for money.”

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Moxey: " Value for money, where the hell...." He stopped in mid sentence as Oz was waving his arm at something he had seen on his 'phone.

Oz: " Sorry Mox it's a text from Kenny- there have been multiple raids by armed police- he wants me to check with Pru at Amesec."

Having confirmed that the police hadn't been in the castle Oz had managed to reach Vicky who explained Kenny had been with Fredo most of the day. Oz now relayed what she had told him, to a captive audience.

Oz:" It looks like the decision to go has been taken for us folks."

Dennis: " Howay man what'd she tell you?"

Oz: " There have been multiple raids by armed police all over the country in Madrid, Barcelona and in Malaga. They targeted Russian , Irish and Italian mafia. The industrial estate near to our PCD offices was raided and those Chinese guys you didn't get on with Nev, are helping the police with their enquiries."

Dennis: " Mind we all had ideas about those Chinese fellas as I recall. Anyhow the idea is we get back pdq?"

Oz: " Yes. I heard the expression arses into gear."

racesgirl2000
Boozer
Boozer

Post by racesgirl2000 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:06 pm

No Tatiana in this, thank God for that
Oi oi, what's the word then