Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Little fleas have lesser fleas.........

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Little fleas have lesser fleas.........

Post by 936trt » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:32 pm

Little fleas have lesser fleas……

Dennis Paterson and Neville Hope are reflecting on the beneficial effects of alcohol and a virtuous life , relaxing in Debbies back garden .

Neville :” Aye we should be pleased the way things turned out. Pass us another beer Den .”

Dennis :” It’s a canny place they’ve got here though but.”

Neville :” Aye ,I told Detlef those trees he planted don’t block the sun ,we could be here for another hour I reckon.” Dennis nodded in agreement. They both sat in silence for a few minutes.

Dennis :” Y’kna if anyone had told me I’d be spending so much of my time on a lap top when I retired I’d have said they were off their trolley.”

Neville :” It was after the last job in Cuba you got it wasn’t it?”

Dennis :”Aye. I’d fancied one ever since I’d seen Oz with his in Middlesbrough years ago.”

Neville :” Mind ,didn’t I see you with a tablet the other day, is it yours or Dagmar’s?”

Dennis :” Aye it’s mine .She wasn’t happy with me using hers, I said I find it easier ,my eyesight y’kna, so she said get your own.”

Neville :” I got an email from Barry on mine the other day, he said they were thinking about a holiday.” He got no further as they both turned when they heard a door slam and saw Debbie bearing down on them shouting.

Debbie :” Just what the hell have you been up to , eh?” Nev looked at Den frowning and shaking his head.

Neville :”Hey pet, what’s the matter?”

Debbie :”Don’t you pet me ,typical patriarchal attitude. Explain this!” She handed him her tablet open on a certain internet web site.

Neville “ What exactly am I looking at?” He looked just as mystified as Dennis.

Debbie :” Like you don’t know. I’m disgusted with you father. Are you going to deny it?”

Neville :” What the hell are you on about, deny what?”

Debbie :” There’s a story here for anyone to see on social media ,a thread for the uninitiated .” She glared at Dennis. “ It describes your serial betrayal of my mother ,culminating in a holiday, more like an orgy, in a bloody camper van of all things ,in Cuba !” Den started to laugh until Debbie sneered at him .

Neville :” It’s a load of bollocks .Well most of it.” Debbie shook her head in disbelief.

Debbie :” You’re admitting there is truth in this story?” Nev stood up ,nursing his bad knee, looking really angry.

Neville :”I’m not admitting anything and I’m objecting to my daughter accusing me of I’m not sure what ,all on the basis of an anonymous posting on a website designed by and for half wits!” Dennis was nodding in agreement and had to stifle a snigger. Debbie snatched the tablet from Nev and stormed back into the house.

Dennis :”Do you reckon it could have been Oz stirring it, I can’t see Barry or Moxey pulling a sick stunt like this?”

Neville :” I wouldn’t think so ,but who else knows about our time on Cuba?”

Dennis :” We all knew of course but two of the team have passed away.That leaves anybody else in the OED you might have told.”

Neville :”Don’t be daft Den, why would I do that. The question is who would want to stir it up for me after all this time?” Den was shaking his head as well.

Dennis :” I’m sorry to say this mate but she has the look of your Brenda at times.” Nev rolled his eyes heavenward.

Neville :” I hope and pray I’m wrong but …..”

Dennis :”Maybe we should have closer look at this site?”

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Little fleas have lesser fleas.........

Post by 936trt » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:56 pm

Sara has been unsuccessful trying to contact Dagmar and Pru on the Amesec telephone line and so tried Dagmar’s mobile number.

Sara :” Hi Dagmar ,I take it the lines are down again?”

Dagmar :” I’m afraid so Sara.It’s seriously affecting the business ,yet mister Norris seems unable to convince the contractors of the severity.”

Sara :” We were promised a much better experience when we agreed to the upgrade of the New Castle system. Do you know if Fantasy Films are similarly affected?” Sara heard a sigh from the ‘phone.

Dagmar :” I checked with them when we had the first outage and they reported they had no problem.”

Sara :” Curiouser and curiouser .I’ll have a word with Kenny, I think he knows someone at the contractors.Thanks Dagmar.”

Later that day Sara is having coffee with Vicky and Kenny who have returned to their lodge.

Sara :” So Kenny, you think there’s nothing your friend can do about it?”

Kenny :” No, sorry. I guess we can only draw it again to Chris’s attention ,but it is more than a nuisance now. It’s as well I’m not as commercially active shall we say, as I used to be because I’ve missed a lot of calls that once would have caused a lot of bother.”

Vicky :”It seemed fine when it was first installed that was a month or two ago,I’m pretty sure this all started when Heather took over the day to day from Chris.” Kenny sighed and put a hand on Vicky’s arm.

Kenny :” I know you have your theories my dear and I know you don’t get on but, really?”

Vicky :”Kenny ,have you forgotten what she said, she wanted to streamline all the New Castle internal systems and we had to be patient but it would be worth it. I’ve missed so many calls from the girls back home they think I’m ignoring them. I tell you it’s deliberate ,she wants us out of here.” Kenny and Sara began to laugh.” You may laugh but you’ll see I’m right.”

Sara :” I have to admit she’s become even more overbearing and I have a real problem in contacting Chris these days.She runs interference like an American footballer.”

Vicky :”Changing the subject Sara , have you seen all this stuff on social media about Neville?”

Sara :” I haven’t heard anything from Pru ,and Oz hasn’t mentioned anything ,although he has been away a lot recently.”

Vicky :”I assumed it must have been one of the lads ‘cos they were all in Cuba weren't they?”

Sara :’ But you don’t actually know who posted it?”

Vicky :”No, but then these things are usually anonymous anyway.”

Sara :” None of us would take this sort of thing seriously would we?”

Vicky :”Someone does Sara ,there have been a number of comments already and some are shall we say, not very nice.” Sara was frowning.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:17 am

Is this aboot Nev being a Man U fan ? :twisted:

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:10 pm

Chris is making his second trip to the New Castle this particular day, but now accompanied by Heather Lane and her assistant .

Chris :” As I explained earlier this floor is occupied by the Amesec foreign desks .Over there is the European department. Have a look round,I won’t be too long.” He walked quickly toward the elevator to keep his appointment with Kenny Ames, wondering why the assistant was whispering in Heathers ear .

Heather :” Chris said this floor will be available from next week after liaising with certain staff members.” She smiled.” Linda ,we will be undertaking a spring clean I think. Let’s continue with the recce.” Her assistant took floor measurements with a laser tape.

Linda :” This office has an outside view as well as oversight of the open plan section.” They both walked in and looked around.

Heather :” Find out how many occupy this space. “ She pointed outside. ”I’m surprised there is no cover during lunchtime. Make another note Linda.”

Linda :” Very well ms Lane .Are we going to the top floor?”

Heather :”Not presently .I understand most of that area is residential.” She smiled.” However that could change ,of course.” She turned as she heard a discreet cough behind her. It was Dagmar.

Dagmar :” Good afternoon. What are you doing in my office?” Heathers’ expression hardened.

Heather :” Perhaps you would care to identify yourself?”

Dagmar :” Do I need to call security or will you tell me who you are and what you are doing.Right now?”

Heather :” Very well ,if this is the reception afforded visitors we will need to address this failing when I make my report to mister Norris. Make a note of this Linda.” Dagmar didn’t get to make any further comment as Chris made a timely return , joining them in the office.He saw Dagmar and gave her a big smile.

Chris :” Well hello Dagmar, it’s been a while, how are you?” He approached and gave her a hug.Dagmar glared at Heather over Chris’ shoulder and replied to his greeting.

Dagmar :” Yes Chris, it was before we all went to Florida. I hope you are keeping well. I thought we’d found an interloper and was about to get security .” Chris laughed, Dagmar smiled and Heather glowered.

Pru and Dagmar are chatting about her encounter with Heather Lane.

Pru :” Well I haven’t seen her at all since Chris took over. I’m at a loss to understand. Things continued to run just as smoothly after he ascended the throne, even after we joined the lads across the pond. Why bring this woman in and effectively step aside?”

Dagmar :” It is strange.There was a theory that it was something to do with Carla ,freeing up his time to travel to South America?”

Pru :” Yes I heard that but it’s probably just gossip.He doesn’t need excuses , he’s the boss and has his own jet plane after all!”

Dagmar :” By the way ,Sara told me some guys have been down in the basement while we were away looking at our servers.We’ve had no problems as far as I know, do you know anything Pru?”

Pru :” First I’ve heard of it. In fact if there had been a problem you would bet Barry would be on top of it.To get to the servers you have to negotiate the Fantasy Films empire!”

Dagmar :” Yes, their IT section is huge and directly above the basement.”

Sara contacted Oz on his tour in Germany.

Oz :” Hello pet, is there a problem ,you don’t usually bother calling when I’m on tour?”

Sara :”No pet don’t worry we're both fine, it’s just that Vicky has told me about these social media postings and I wondered what your thoughts were?”

Oz :” I had an email from Nev asking me the same thing and I told him I have no idea. I couldn’t believe any of us would do a thing like that.”

Sara :”That’s what I said, but from all accounts Debbie’s gone ballistic ,accused Nev of all sorts and told him to ,and I quote, sling his hook!”

Oz :” I’ll be back in two days, can we leave it 'til then ,I have to go ,right now. Bye bye pet.”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:19 am

'Heather glowered'. Is that like when Barry fell asleep under the sun-lamp ? :oops: :lol:

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:42 am

Vicky is bending Kenny’s ear, with some support from Dagmar.

Vicky :” Dagmar and Pru only came here to help out Chris . I’d bet they’d rather be across the pond with their families right now!” Kenny held up his hands.

Kenny:” I couldn’t agree more my love, what they’re doing for Chris is commendable. I know he has been more than kind to all of us and particularly to Debbie and Detlef . So I must say I find what Dagmar heard very disturbing.”

Dagmar :” If I hadn’t witnessed it I would not believe it. I am one hundred percent with Vicky ,I’m sure there is an ulterior motive.”

Kenny :” I like Chris .He is straight with every one, if anything perhaps he is naive. In my opinion if Kenny Brown’s team was still in place La Lane would not be here. She is an opportunist and ,I reckon for starters, she plans to fill the vacuum left by Barbara Hunt.”

Dagmar :” Do we know where Carla is now?”

Vicky :” She didn’t stay long after Heather Lane arrived.We can only guess what happened, but Carla would be seen as an obstacle because of her relationship with Chris. Go figure!”

Dagmar :” Would Sara not have contact details for Kenny Brown from her time with spooks in the past?”

Vicky “ You’re thinking he might know what’s happening ?”

Dagmar :” Well he looked after Chris for years, he must have been employed by the CWN people. Surely they would never fire him ?”

Kenny :” There’s only one way to find out.”

Nev and Den are waiting in the airport.

Neville :” I did tell you I had a reply from Oz?”

Den :”Yes ,and it didn’t help when you told Debbie!”

Neville :”I don’t know what to say Den. I’m so sorry, it puts us in a really awkward position especially with your lad.”

Den :” Not to worry Nev. I had a word with Detlef as we were leaving and said we’d had an invite to stay with Moxey in Scotland.”

Neville :”Is that true Den?”

Den:” Well it’s nearly true ,the timing is a bit out that’s all.” They both laughed.

Dagmar has been accosted by Heather Lane appealing for help only available due to her unique background knowledge .

Dagmar :” Yes ,I knew Chris’s mother.We worked in the same office on a building site in Germany in the eighties.”

Heather :” His father?”

Dagmar :”What about his father?”

Heather : Did you know him?”

Dagmar :” A little, why?”

Heather :” Where does Ulrich fit into all this ?”

Dagmar :” Why are you interrogating me, are you looking for something in particular. Why don’t you ask Chris ,or would that be too difficult ?” Heather lost her fixed smile ,shook her head and moved very close speaking very softly in Dagmar’s ear.

Heather :”My dear you do not want to make an enemy of me. I can make things extremely difficult for you . For all of you.”

Kenny has been talking with Sara as promised.

Kenny : “ Fraser’s international crime connections were known to Heather. She told me of an occasion a long time ago ,where she had cosied up to him over a liquid lunch in an effort to extract intel about some Mafia friends. I believe she admired his ruthlessness. Their paths crossed more than once and then shortly after a certain camper van exploded ,we deduce their relationship changed.”

Sara :” What do you mean ,changed?”

Kenny :” I think we are talking collaboration.”Sara wrinkled her brow and looked directly at Kenny.

Sara :” Kenny ,I’ve known you some time, I think I can ask this question.” It was Kenny’s turn to look puzzled.

Kenny :” What is it you want to ask?”

Sara :” We all know that at one time you and Fraser were friends, perhaps close friends?” Kenny smiled at Sara’s embarrassment.

Kenny :” We were friends,I’ve made no secret of it, or of what business I was in at that time, but we all change, people change Sara. My life and Alistair’s diverged .” He looked off into the distance and his smile returned.” I think he reached a point in his life where a change of direction was required.”

Sara :” Is this leading to where I think it is?” Kenny’s smile broadened, and he nodded.”You’re going to tell me Heather has gone over to the dark side?”

Kenny :” I think so my dear.”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:37 am

Sounds like Heather needs another sausage on a stick ! :P

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:50 pm

I think that was Pru's line.......?

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:23 pm

936trt wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:50 pm
I think that was Pru's line.......?
Aye maybees, all those tarts sound the same to me ! :o

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:03 pm

Den and Nev arrive at Kilgrinnan to find Moxey standing outside the entrance to the house.

Dennis :” Well I know you’re always glad to see us but this is a first Mox. How are ye mate?”

Moxey :” I’m fine Den, how are you two, good journey?”

Neville :” Aye, not bad kiddah. Is everything ok Mox ?” Nev gave Den a worried look. Moxey appeared uncomfortable , looking at his feet before replying.

Moxey :” There’s a reason I’m stood outside lads and ….“ he looked at Den who was unloading bags from the boot .” …you might want to leave your bags until you hear what I have to tell you.” Den looked at Nev who was just as mystified .

Den :” What’s going on Mox, you’ve got us both worried man?”

Neville :” You never said anything about problems on the ‘phone?”

Moxey :”There’s someone here who wants to talk to you. In fact he wants to talk to all of us, but I told him I wasn’t sure how you’d react.You better come in.”

Den and Nev both agreed later when relating the events to Oz ,neither had expected what was waiting for them at Kilgrinnan .A familiar figure from their distant past was sat in Moxey's kitchen.

Dennis :” Bloody Norah ! Ally Fraser ! What the hell are you doing here?”

Neville :” You hiding from the FBI or what?” Fraser looked up from his coffee and smiled at Nev.

Fraser :”Hello boys. Pleased to see you as well. No Neville I’m not hiding from the FBI. I heard that you’d all been up here recently and a few enquiries got me the whole story. Albert told me he was expecting you ,and so here we all are.”

Neville :”What’s this about?” Fraser stood up ,put down his coffee and offered his hand to Neville who refused the greeting. Dennis shook Fraser’s outstretched hand and asked the same question.

Dennis :” You have to admit Ally this is a one off. We haven’t seen you for years and suddenly up you pop. What’s it about?”

Fraser :” I need your help. I must point out I do have something to offer in return.Collectively you have the ear of Christian Norris .True?”

Dennis :” We have known Chris for some time ,yes.Why do you ask?” Neville made to leave until Den told him to wait and listen to Fraser’s explanation.

Neville :” This bugger was in business with Barbara Hunt among others, why are you giving him the time of day?”

Moxey :” Nev man ,just listen ,I told him we would hear what he had to say.”

Fraser :” I’m looking for an insurance policy for a dependant.” There was pause while they absorbed his words.

Dennis :” You’ll have to give us a bit more detail kiddah and anyway we’re not in the insurance business y’kna”

Fraser :”Christian Norris could be the man I need.”

Neville :”You’ve got a brass neck Fraser ,it’s a pity you weren’t in that camper van when it blew up.” Den shouted at Nev.

Dennis :” For heavens sake Nev give it a rest ,we said we’d listen and you keep interrupting!”

Fraser “ You’ve made the same mistake as Kenny Browns team. It wasn’t me ,but then I don’t need to explain to you of all people Neville.”

Neville :” And what’s that supposed to mean coming from a serial murderer?”

Fraser : “I may be many things Neville but that’s not one of them.I’m referring to one of your jobs for Heather Lane .You befriended a young man, stole his confidential company intel and pocketed the cash when you sold it on. There was no happy outcome for Michael’s family back in Shanghai ,they never lived down the shame ,and what became of Michael? You obviously couldn’t give a monkey’s.” Nev was strangely silent ,he sat open mouthed ,looking from Den to Moxey and back to Fraser. “If you still work for Heather, that could be cosy for you now she’s in charge at the New Castle.” Fraser was enjoying Nev’s discomfort and embarrassment.

Dennis :” Well none of us could ever measure up to your high standards Ally.” The comment was not lost on Fraser .”You still owe us an explanation .”

Fraser :”You know my dependant, the young lady in question is in the Convento de Santa Maria. There is another resident there who shall we say does not have a forgiving nature .If the identity of Sara Victoria should find it’s way to certain quarters ….”

Moxey :” You said you had something to offer in return for our help?”

Fraser :” Yes and it would allow you to prevent a major disaster and not only at a personal level.”

Dennis :” In return you want us to convince Chris to help you protect Sara Victoria?”

Fraser :”Yes. But I would be foolish to give you what I have before I have your assurance of help.”

Neville :” How real is the danger to Sara Victoria?”

Fraser :”There is pressure on me to comply with Tatiana’s wishes within a week, or Sara Victoria’s identity will be made known, and no Neville,before you ask, it’s not just a matter of money, I wouldn’t be here otherwise, there are lives at stake, that’s all you need to know.”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:12 am

Now we're getting started !!! DL :D :P>

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Dennis was staring at Fraser ,thinking he would only come out of the woodwork for something really important .

Dennis :” We can’t go to Chris without good reason ,but I’m sure he would help any damsel in distress ,that’s Chris for you, but you’re looking for something more. Am I right?”

Fraser :” Very astute Dennis .Yes. If it was only protection that’s one thing. But it’s not. She needs a new identity and the old one completely disposed of. A thorough makeover. Relocated ,the whole works. I know he has access to the facilities needed to achieve this both official and otherwise.”

Moxey :” Can I just add I know a bit about changing identities. It’s not only expensive it’s difficult ,it’s not just a name change and a sweet shop in the Orkneys.”

Fraser :” I know ,that’s why I believe Chris is the man.I’m not asking you for a guarantee I just want the chance to make my case to him face to face.”

Dennis :” Let’s just say we could set it up, what’s in it for him?”

Fraser :” That’s between Chris and me but he will want what I have.”

Neville :” When do we find out what’s in it for us?”

Fraser :” Once I know he’s up for it I can help you solve the on line character assassination that has just begun.” Neville sat up at Frasers comment.

Neville :” You say it’s just begun?” Fraser smiled at Nev’s obvious surprise.

Fraser :” Yes there is more planned, Moxey the arsonist and Oz the brawler and their prison time ,Dennis organising slave labour and supplying drugs in the north east, Barry the human trafficker ,we touched on Nev’s exploits earlier, I could go on.”

Dennis :”You know who’s behind it?”

Fraser :” I do and what’s more I know why.”

Dennis :” Wait here .Moxey do we still need to use the landline?”

Moxey :” Yes, we live in hope Den one of these days we’ll get better reception.You know where it is.” Dennis went to ‘phone Chris.

Morag came into the room when Dennis was making his call to Chris.

Morag :” So mister Fraser you’re familiar with this part of the world?”

Fraser :” Please call me Ally, indeed I spent a lot of time around the Tyneside area some years ago excellent scenery ,and on up to the borders and Scotland of course.Yourself?”

Morag :” Yes born and bred ,went away and came back, the usual story.” Dennis returned and the conversation was cut short.

Dennis :”The answer is yes ,Chris will talk to you alone , back at the New Castle. Okay?”

Fraser :” Good . I expect now you want to know the who and why?”

Neville :” Too true.”

Fraser :” It is an attempt to drive a wedge between you all and Chris ,because of the influence you appear to have over him. If you are all disgraced you are one less obstacle.”

Dennis :” That’s the why ,and the who?”

Fraser :”Heather Lane convinced a reporter called Nikki Myles that you were behind the death of Barbara Hunt.It appears you’ve had many problems with Nikki Myles individually and collectively over the years , the Outreach scandal, exploitation of labour at PCD and so on.You may not have known Myles was a very close friend of Barbara Hunt, and so a perfect opportunity for Heather Lane presented itself.”

Dennis :” So how can we stop any further episodes?”

Fraser :”If Nikki is offered a better and a true story ,I believe she would drop it. I think know who killed Barbara Hunt.”

Dennis :” Have you told the police?”

Fraser :” Dennis, all in good time. “

Neville :” How do you know?”

Fraser :” As I was approaching her camper there was a kind of glint or a reflection across to my right ,in a clump of trees.I remember thinking there could be someone over there.I knew it wasn’t Kenny Browns’ guys ,I’d clocked them on my previous visit .As I was leaving I heard something which I now think was the first of several silenced shots ,aiming for the bottled gas.”

Moxey :”You think it was down to Heather Lane?”

Fraser :”I do.”

Dennis :” I don’t think Fredo would buy that.” Fraser laughed.

Fraser :” I hear things from time to time, a bit like Amesec ,snippets of intel ,so ex special forces , good shot ,contract in the Marbella area, it focuses ones attention.There was a similar incident in a wee place in South America recently.”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:25 am

Nikki Myles. I might have bloody knooown ! :lol:

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:43 pm

Sara had successfully located Kenny Brown and was not surprised to learn his current pariah status was down to Heather Lane.

Kenny :” It is a continuing story, each day a new chapter unfolds.We have still to learn what she gains by alienating Chris from us.”

Sara :”We are all concerned for Chris especially since she arrived here at the New Castle .We think she is removing all obstacles to ensure she has exclusive access .”

Kenny :”I’m not sure what you think I can do .Since the Stille brothers have cold shouldered me our activities have been curtailed somewhat.I have learned they have been unable to contact Chris, he is not answering their calls.”

Sara :”It’s only recently that our ‘phone system has been playing up, mobile reception can be problematic too. However I would prefer to meet to discuss our options.Is this okay with you?”

Kenny :”I hear you Sara.You know we’re still in the area, assisting inspector Fredo with his camper van case.You know our hotel?”

Sara :” I do. Same as before,I’ll bring Brian .He’s our little one.”

Chris had made his way to the marina escorted by Louis at Kenny Browns’ insistence.

Chris :” I think I’ve seen you before somewhere Louis?”

Louis :” Yes ,I’ve had a lot more field time since we lost Danny. I believe this guy waving at us is the one they call Dobro. Just hang back a little mister Norris.” Louis walked up to the gentleman in question and introduced himself. Dobromovich looked him up and down then gestured with his head in the direction of the Nomad.

Louis :” I believe we can board the vessel now that’s over.” They both had a little laugh at his remark.
Down in the lounge Fraser played the generous host offering refreshments and comfortable seats.

Fraser :” I’m sorry for this cloak and dagger business mister Norris but it is necessary as I will prove to you. Coffee, tea?”

Chris :” Coffee will be fine.Thank you.” They were all seated when Chris addressed Fraser.” I hope you can now offer me a more detailed picture of your proposal mister Fraser?”

Fraser :” Please call me Alistair or Ally, most people do.” Chris felt as though he was being scrutinised as Fraser looked very closely at him.” I hope you are the solution to my problem ,and I believe I can go some way to resolving this current situation which threatens not only your livelihood Christian ,I can call you Christian, but also your friends and colleagues here and in san Pedro de Atacama.” Chris had not expected the reference to Carla. He sat up and finished his coffee ,clearly now paying more attention .Fraser had noticed this reaction and carried on describing how he thought Sara Victoria’s future could be secured.

Chris :”In return for my assistance you indicate you can help with what you describe as an existential threat?”

Fraser :”Indeed. I will attempt to explain ,briefly ,how I arrived at this conclusion. I estimate about a year ago a plan was initiated to infiltrate CWN by one Barbara Hunt. Several sources lead me to believe she was working on behalf of or maybe coerced by a Chinese entity.Subsequently it seems the process was continued by others. Most recent in the driving seat is Heather Lane who also has her own agenda, a more personal agenda I should point out.”

Chris :”Alistair what you say may or may not be true and I have no way to verify one way or another. Have I?” Fraser smiled.

Fraser :” There is a way Christian.You can make an immediate check on the security of the servers in the basement below mister Taylor’s Fantasy film department.” Chris looked at Louis ,his brow spectacularly wrinkled.” A few days ago miss Lane arranged for some technicians to carry out so- called checks on parts of said equipment.I suggest you arrange for your own IT people to run an eye over any modifications they may find.”Chris was now worried.

Chris :” If you are right ,and I hope you’re not,I must ask how on earth do you know all this?” Once again Fraser displayed that knowing smile.

Fraser :”I have known for a long time that Kenny Ames was running an information gathering facility but until recently was not aware of the extent of its reach or of its complexity, and how it has grown over the years.Her first step is to extract the identity and location of certain intel providers.we don’t know any more than that. Presently.”

Chris :”The threat to your dependant is time sensitive ?”

Fraser :” I have a week to comply as I told your colleagues.”

Chris :”It’s none of my business but we all believed Tatiana had turned over a new leaf and such nefarious practices were a thing of the past?”

Fraser :”Didn’t we all. Maybe there are extenuating circumstances, perhaps she is being leaned on. All I know is she is a threat to Sara Victoria. I’m not willing to risk her going ahead and revealing Sara Victoria’s identity even if I give her what she wants.”

Chris :” I would like Sara to get a message to our IT people but we clearly have more to discuss.Can we get a message to Dennis Patterson?”

Fraser :” I have a number for inspector Fredo, I guess he could be relied on?”While they waited for the message to be relayed Fraser ordered up some sandwiches and the conversation continued.

Fraser :” I met your father ,although it was a long time ago. There was another son ,your half brother and bearing in mind his unfortunate end a friend of mine who lives on Aruba recently offered condolences.He had particular reason to thank Wyman.He saved his daughter from drowning some years ago.For this reason he was motivated to determine the reason he was shot or should I say assassinated.”

Chris :”There is no doubt about this Alistair?”

Fraser :”The information came from a trusted mafia friend of mister Gomez.He has no axe to grind.”

They’d had a lot more coffee when Dobro came into the lounge and whispered in Frasers ear. Fraser nodded and Dobro left.

Fraser :” Dennis Patterson has just let us know your IT guys have removed some devices installed without their knowledge somewhere in the basement .”

Chris :” I think we will take our leave now Alistair, and I will set certain things in hand. It will take a little time for our checks but rest assured I will uphold my end of the bargain.” He held out his hand which Fraser took with an audible sigh of relief.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:22 am

Would you trust Fraser ? Bloody sure I wouldn't ! :?