Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

What a Night!

Read fans memories and view pictures from the 2013 Convention.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Re: What a Night!

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:20 pm

I think a few were like that.. also when the image of Gary came up and Tim Healy's old voice-over came on.. After all these years Gary is still very much missed.. always will be..
OP

Dave C
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dave C » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:29 pm

I would also like to thank everyone who organised the convention. The whole experience was truly brilliant. As soon as the weekend was organised me and my brother just had to be there. We travelled from Wolverhampton as part of the Barry Taylor fan club. The cinema,banquet and bus tour was worth every single penny that was charged.

Although meeting the writers, producers and cast was a good highlight, the best part of the evening was meeting fellow Auf Pet fans. The banter on the table was class and it was the reality that so many others, even after all these years shared your love and passion for the programme that made the event so special.

We spoke to you Tim a few times and I think judging by your comments on this thread above we were sitting next to fergie from Aberdeen in the cinema and at the banquet. That recollection of Tim H doing the Phoenix Nights in the bar about 3am will live with me for the rest of my life.

Thanks everyone but as we both mentioned a few times during the evening can everyone stop referring to Barry Taylor as a brummie. He is from Wolverhampton which makes him a Yam Yam.

tarrah for a bit.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:36 pm

Ah yes, a Yam Yam'.. a girl i know in dudley calls herself one of those..
OP

Dave C
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dave C » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:13 am

our kid wants to start a thread on the subject, so we can discuss it on there! As Barry would say ah, bostin.....

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hedley Irwin » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:59 am

He lives in Woolyhampton, but was born in Birmingham, so I reckon that qualifies him as a Brummie.

I live in Birmingham, but I'll always be a Mackem. Cos that's the place that shaped me. Made me who I am. All right? Auf wiedersehen son
I need some slippers, and some soap

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:24 pm

But you're from Darlington!
OP

peng50
Boozer
Boozer

Post by peng50 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Dave C wrote:I would also like to thank everyone who organised the convention. The whole experience was truly brilliant. As soon as the weekend was organised me and my brother just had to be there. We travelled from Wolverhampton as part of the Barry Taylor fan club. The cinema,banquet and bus tour was worth every single penny that was charged.

Although meeting the writers, producers and cast was a good highlight, the best part of the evening was meeting fellow Auf Pet fans. The banter on the table was class and it was the reality that so many others, even after all these years shared your love and passion for the programme that made the event so special.

We spoke to you Tim a few times and I think judging by your comments on this thread above we were sitting next to fergie from Aberdeen in the cinema and at the banquet. That recollection of Tim H doing the Phoenix Nights in the bar about 3am will live with me for the rest of my life.

Thanks everyone but as we both mentioned a few times during the evening can everyone stop referring to Barry Taylor as a brummie. He is from Wolverhampton which makes him a Yam Yam.

tarrah for a bit.
Long way from the sea Wolverhampton

Si
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Si » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:15 pm

I was on 27 if I remember rightly.

Some lovely chaps.

And one total head the ball!

But still, what a night. Just a shame us lot (the fans) didn't get near the front. Oh well, at least we saw our heroes and had some amazing beef! :D

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Think i was table 17.. whatever Lee was on.. Was weird, like a wedding where you dont know many people.. but after a while chins start wagging and you get talking to them..
OP

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:43 pm

I have the table plan, will get it scanned later and on the site.
The plan is to have you send in pictures, or what Si has done by writing down his memories, and having a page for each person. You can then click on the persons name on the table plan, and see their bit on the night, and or pictures. Sound alreet?

Breaking Away
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by Breaking Away » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:18 pm

AWP Corsa Tim wrote:Think i was table 17.. whatever Lee was on.. Was weird, like a wedding where you dont know many people.. but after a while chins start wagging and you get talking to them..
It was table 14. Was different for me. I was pretending not to know the people I knew at my table. Except for Lee and the missus of course.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Breaking Away wrote:
AWP Corsa Tim wrote:Think i was table 17.. whatever Lee was on.. Was weird, like a wedding where you dont know many people.. but after a while chins start wagging and you get talking to them..
It was table 14. Was different for me. I was pretending not to know the people I knew at my table. Except for Lee and the missus of course.

Whats that supposed to mean!?! EH!?! i was there.. :?
OP

Breaking Away
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by Breaking Away » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:46 pm

Sorry, must have got confused with someone else :roll:

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:12 pm

You nasty git.. (by the way, Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles was on the other night) ;) :P :lol: :?
OP

Breaking Away
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by Breaking Away » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Oh yes, very droll son