Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

What a Night!

Read fans memories and view pictures from the 2013 Convention.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: What a Night!

Post by Tracy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:00 pm

Ta-ra for a bit longer if ya doont get through NZ customs !!!

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:18 pm

I wish you both a safe trip... and what do you mean,, 'Even you, Tim!' lol :lol:
OP

peng50
Boozer
Boozer

Post by peng50 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:48 am

Breaking Away wrote:After 6 weeks on tour it's time to head home.The highlight of the whole trip was the convention. Fantastic to meet Lee, Si, Hedley, even you Tim, and the rest of the grand people from the forum.
Ta-ra for a bit.
Can just see breaking away taking his shirt off in customs now with a rant of:

"you kna the reason I left this country in the first place don't ya... I'll tell ya, John bloody
Key that's why"

And followed by:
"what do you think you're gonna find up there eh... New striker for Auckland City !!!!"

Safe Trip Mate

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:16 am

Auckland Airport customs are aboot to get a huge tipoff ! Lets all imagine the look on Breaking Away's face when he hears the word, "Spread !"

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:51 am

Hong Kong chaps. Half way. 3 hours and we're on the bird again.

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:59 am

And thanks lads. Nothing worse than a nervous sphincter going through customs....

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:00 am

AWP Corsa Tim wrote:I wish you both a safe trip... and what do you mean,, 'Even you, Tim!' lol :lol:
No offence squire. Only a joke. ;)

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Would you mind not calling me Squire, or chief, or mate, or boyo, or any OTHER name you PEOPLE have bistowed upon me!!

Good old Pringle..
OP

Fergie in Aberdeen
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Fergie in Aberdeen » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:19 pm

I would also like to chip in with a massive thank you to all concerned for arranging such a magical evening and weekend.

Me and Wor Craig were only there for the Saturday, but from the cinema showing onwards it was a spine-tingling experience. Hearing the audience laughter to Private Lives brought a whole new dimension to the show, especially the build up to Oz's "what's wrong with this place?!". Melanie, Franc, Roger, Dick and Ian were so nice and happy to chat and it was an early highlight. Roger's recollections in particular were fascinating, especially as he's not as well known or recognised as the other three. But his contribution is certainly huge, from pursuing Jimmy to building a real hut.

Onto the evening. Wow! The displays were astonishing and I hope we can get them on this site before too long. Very well done to those who gathered all those together.

I mentioned in another thread the reception reserved for the top table and some of the appearances were a lovely surprise. I don't know about the rest of you but seeing such an array of creative people - actors, directors, writers and creator - and then later hearing their tales of creativity (and people saying 'yes' to ideas) was very inspiring and life-affirming.

Oh, so many memories. Getting my photo taken with my heroes Dick and Ian, and Kevin and Julia together, Lelsey too, was great. Having a laugh with Tim remembering his appearance in Phoenix Nights, prompting him to sign out "send the buggers back!" was another small-hours highlight.

As as for yow lot. You made it. Hearing other folk belt out the catchphrases and lines that I've loved for 20-odd years or so was a very funny (typical example: whenever the waiter showed up with the bill - I only asked or two beers not twenty two!)

There's so much more. It was a very late night, I think we eventually left at 3am. We even saw Dick, Ian, Franc and Roger in Central Station at 10am the next morning! Ian commiserated with my fragile state. It certainly cheered my up at that point!

Well done again, it was a true one-off and they must surely have loved it as much as we did.

Taraa for a bit!

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:22 pm

It was a night and half.. Do you live up that way Fergie??
OP

Fergie in Aberdeen
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Fergie in Aberdeen » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Aye Tim, out in the Aberdeenshire countryside, near Inverurie. The first leg of the journey home on Sunday was a bit of a struggle though!

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:30 pm

What was your journey time?
OP

Fergie in Aberdeen
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Fergie in Aberdeen » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Four-hour train trip normally, but on this occasion I had to change trains at Edinburgh. The 40-minute stop did me the world of good, a stroll in the sunshine then a hair of the dog for the second leg and I was right as rain! Was back in the house shortly after 3pm. I remember thinking at that point, only 12 hours before I had been chewing the fat in Newcastle with legends on British TV.

Andy H
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Andy H » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Something I found very emotional and almost brought tears to my eyes was the massive applause and cheers all the cast and crew got as they each walked onto the stage. I bet they all thought ''Wow, this is amazing.''
It sure was.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:38 pm

Thanks for sharing all this lads. Im getting a real feeling for what it must have been lioke !