Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Massive Thank You!

Read fans memories and view pictures from the 2013 Convention.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Massive Thank You!

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:06 pm

I am now home after one of the biggest weekends of my life!

I am totally exhausted and need to get some sleep, but I just have to say massive welcome to as many as my head will remember right now.

Tim, Andy Patrick (Howard Radcliffe), David Gardner, Breaking Away (Alastair and Dianna), Hedley Irrwin, Alreetpal, Linda and Mark Winstanley, Peng50, Brian and Paul, Phil & Lee, Si & Wor Norma!, Andy & Helen, Ally Frazer Marbella, Chris Mitchell, Andy H and many more!
I am in desperate need of rest, and then I will be contacting you 1 by 1 for a personal thank you!

Lee

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Re: Massive Thank You!

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Well written and well deserved.. The work and countless meetings that Lee and the others went through must have been a very long road.. ALL efforts were appreciated and a damn good weekend came out of it.. Was really nice to see many people off this site, Si, his sister.. Hedley Irwin, Peng50, Ally Fraser Marbella, Breaking away, and his mrs, AlreetPal, Brian and Paul Logue (You the one that wants the doins?!) Andy Patrick and his two mates and others i cant remember the usernames of.. Sorry.. I had to make a 'Dawn Departure' today as i have my grandma's funeral on monday to go to.. so got home early in Notts around 7:30 and slept until around 3pm.. so have more energy now.. and thankfully my car didnt miss a beat on the way back, as it let out a backfire as i first ventured down to see Lee and David Gardner.. but all is well.. Been a hell of a last couple of days.. Apart from hearing Geordie accents alot over that time another phrase is remembered too.. (I seen you on Youtube) ! Brilliant!

Cheers!
OP

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:55 pm

The efforts by the team putting on the event was massive and what a result!
It was so great to meet the chaps on the forum. Only wish I'd managed to say goodbye in person before we went our separate ways. We've stayed an extra night at the hotel as we were so beat. It's a bit lonely here I can tell you. The excitement and buzz around the place has gone.
Sunday night, in a hut, in Gateshead.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:17 pm

You'll be fine.... Was a pleasure to meet you and your nice mrs.. Sorry i had to go so early but we are up early tomorrow for this funeral.. You both are damn nice people and i know many fans AND Cast and crew admired you both for coming all the way you did.. well deserved and i hope one day our paths will cross again.. Eh MICK!! ;)

Cheers
Tim
OP

Si
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Si » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Big thanks from me to all you guys who made it happen and made it to the event. Great to meet Tim, Lee, Hedley, Peng, Breaking Away, Andy, AlreetPal, dave and Bev and everyone else.

Am so wiped right now can't even gather my thoughts to write anything worthy of the weekend. So will be back once refreshed :)

In the meantime, this has just been posted. It has a few pics of the night. And the handsome New Zealander in the video? Why, that's our very own Breaking Away! Nice one :D

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/story ... -honoured/

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:24 pm

Beautiful stuff.. Good to see Alastair and Dianna there..
OP

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:25 pm

OOHH ! Breaking Away, just seen ya on the telly loike. Ya na the little toy telly on my computor loike. You did us proud son !!! Gosh Im enjoyin readin through all this. Well done everybody...

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:52 pm

I'm to scared to look. I thought later why did I say this and not that. A bit embarassing but really flattered. I'll look at it sometime.

Timmy
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Timmy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi Breaking Away,
Just saw your interview. From one Kiwi to another, I wish I had been able to make the weekend.
It would have been brill. Enjoy that Newcastle Ale. It is a canny drop.

Ally Frazer Marbella
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ally Frazer Marbella » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:18 pm

Yes a big THANK YOU also to all we met at the weekend ,I am sure some good stories will come out .So just to start the ball rolling.On the tables for decor where bricks and some bright spark decided these would be good souvenirs to have autographed so ours were signed by Tim and Kevin who did have a giggle. At 4am I decided to call it a night and headed for the lifts with brick in hand, leaving many still partying downstairs . As I got into the lift Dick Clement got in also , i could not believe my luck only me and Dick what could I ask him ??. I had so many questions about story lines , Dick was the first to speak He asked what are you doing with the brick,so I told him it had been signed and i was thinking what to do with it ,he smiled and said you could build a Shit House with it . I was lost for words ,then ding it was my floor and bye bye Dick.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:50 pm

haha.. Nice one.. Was good to meet you 'Ally' even better too are the vids on your phone of Ally's villa.. And the pictures too.

Tim
OP

ruggedscot
Electrician
Electrician

Post by ruggedscot » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Yep a big thank you to all - it was a great evening and well attended. Big thanks to Julia Tobin and Kevin Wheatly both great and didnt mind all the photos.... entertainment was excellent and the hod carriers great. Good to see the award being handed out aswell - bet that made them smile!

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Timmy wrote:Hi Breaking Away,
Just saw your interview. From one Kiwi to another, I wish I had been able to make the weekend.
It would have been brill. Enjoy that Newcastle Ale. It is a canny drop.

Cheers Timmy, good to hear from you again. I honestly cannot say what an unbelievable weekend this has been. I knew it would be good but it delivered so much more.

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hedley Irwin » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Sitting on the train back to Brum now, and catching up on the forum. Thanks to Lee and Dave for their major part in the ideas and organisation, to Tim for his stories of location shoots, Ally Fraser Marbella for tales of the Villa, to Breaking Away for coming all the way from NZ, to ruggedscot, Alreetpal and peter gordino for feigning interest in my AWP related ramblings at the dinner table, and to Si for bringing along such a tidy but of tackle (only joking Si, great to meet you too mate)

I think my most common phrase over the past few days has been "I cant believe this weekend". I've been bouncing around like a bloody big tigger, I've been that excited.

Apologies to those people I only spoke tto briefly or not at all

Right, anyone want to bid on a trowel?
I need some slippers, and some soap

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:03 pm

cheers Hedley.. I actually ventured home about 40 minutes after I last saw you..
Good to meet you..
OP