Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Which actors were approached to appear?

Read fans memories and view pictures from the 2013 Convention.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Which actors were approached to appear?

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Well I will say...

"Blooooody Hellllllll...."

(Just like when Neville opens the Hotel window in Spain to let a bit of air in and sees the builders opposite....)

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:23 pm

I thought she was younger.. she knows what to do to look good then..
OP

ruggedscot
Electrician
Electrician

Post by ruggedscot » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:26 am

It was indeed a great moment - thing is with the Neville and Brenda thing its now an ongoing gag - you see it in the sunday for sammy gigs and its funny - the love lorn references to Brenda...

I was pleased when she came out onto stage on Saturday that was superb ! The cheer from the audience was brilliant. Julia must have felt great getting that sort of reception.

Id have loved to know who had been a possible for the night, but you know does it matter ? The nigth went great and we all came away knowing that it was a superb evening indeed. To spend some quality time with the people that made it happen. To meet them and chat to them was a bonus. Wor Norma was on form aswell, all in all a very funny night. The DVD will be worth watching. As there will be many parts in the evening that we may have missed.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:55 pm

It seems i need to get to a 'Sunday for Sammy' event in the future too..
OP

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hedley Irwin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:08 pm

ruggedscot wrote:It was indeed a great moment - thing is with the Neville and Brenda thing its now an ongoing gag - you see it in the sunday for sammy gigs and its funny - the love lorn references to Brenda...

I was pleased when she came out onto stage on Saturday that was superb ! The cheer from the audience was brilliant. Julia must have felt great getting that sort of reception.

Id have loved to know who had been a possible for the night, but you know does it matter ? The nigth went great and we all came away knowing that it was a superb evening indeed. To spend some quality time with the people that made it happen. To meet them and chat to them was a bonus. Wor Norma was on form aswell, all in all a very funny night. The DVD will be worth watching. As there will be many parts in the evening that we may have missed.
It's only my opinion, of course, but I think it does matter. Or it might do. I'd hate to think that Big Baz (purely used an example) was sitting at home reading the write up in the Sunday Sun and thinking "I'd have loved to have gone to that if only I'd been invited"

A few of us were chatting to Lesley Saint-John in the bar on the Friday night, and she said, quite genuinely, that she thought nobody would want to see her. She imagined that there would be a hierarchy among the fans, with the lads at the top, then Dick and Ian, and her at the bottom. She couldn't have been more wrong, as the applause that greeted her entrance on Saturday showed. But did others think that us fans just wouldnt be bothered if they were there or not? They may well have felt differently if they'd known the truth.

Or did some people stay away because, like somebody posted Franc Roddam had said, they imagined it would be a few blokes in a tatty rundown Tyneside workingmens club. Could that be why we only saw actors for whom the North East is "home"? (And, in saying that, I realise that many now live outside of the area).

It in now way spoiled the evening, but I would have loved to have seen one or two more of the cast - especially the non-Series 2 cast
I need some slippers, and some soap

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Well, they are both series 2 cast, but I'm surprised Young Rod & Douglas weren't there. Young Rod (Barry Hollinshead) has been on this forum a few times & is still around the area. Douglas still lives & works in & around the North-East, mainly in local theatre, though maybe he has a production on at the moment that meant he couldn't attend.

ruggedscot
Electrician
Electrician

Post by ruggedscot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:51 pm

A few lived outside the region - this aint america - you could be anywhere in the UK and still make it to Newcastle for the evening. And whos to say if Big Baz wanted to go he could have bought a ticket....;-)

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Surely someone could have e.mailed or facebooked him, "BAZ ! Get yourself up here !"

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:41 pm

Tracy wrote:Surely someone could have e.mailed or facebooked him, "BAZ ! Get yourself up here !"
Aye, but he couldn't click the mouse to open it with that bandage on his hand! :cry:

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:54 pm

Didnt stop him from rustling up a brew though did it ?!