Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Dennis Rescued.

Who is your favourite character from Auf Wiedersehen, Pet?

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dennis Rescued.

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:17 am

After watching the Derbyshire episodes quite a lot for research porpoises, I have noticed how much the lads saved Dennis from oblivion in Series 2. At the beginning of Series 2, we see a drunken/hungover Dennis in his dressing gown almost throwing up over some 'bread with bits in...' to a fresh Dennis wearing a shirt and tie in the Newcastle episodes.

Strangely, I have never really noticed how much of a change Dennis goes through, and of course Christine has a bit to do with that. I think watching these episodes one after another again for research purposes, I saw how much Dennis changed in just a few hours for me anyway.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Dennis Rescued.

Post by Tracy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:35 am

Really ? Not noticed that before loike ? Fair enough. I didnt get it first time roond but after loife imitating art, I saw it for sure. Den was drowning in self grief. Christine comes along, new focus, hits rock bottom with Ally, sees the way oot, waits for his MMO and wallop ! The rest is history son !!! Brilliant writing from gadgies who had been there themselves or were close to people who had. Well, counts for me anyway.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Re: Dennis Rescued.

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:50 pm

I think as time starts he is at a point where he has to do everything as told by Fraser, then as the lads get back in his life he lets go of the rules a little bit and slowly goes back to original dennis like before, just with Christine inbetween it makes him not go too mad..
OP