Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Who is your least favourite character?

Who is your favourite character from Auf Wiedersehen, Pet?

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Pye
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Who is your least favourite character?

Post by Pye » Thu May 02, 2013 2:08 am

I love Tracy! The actress who played her is now a very successful novelist...

I don't like Vera, she's awful. When she turns up in Germany she never once mentions how hypocritical she's being considering what she's been up to with Alan.

Neville is one of my favourites though, I'm surprised some people don't like him. He's just a boy, but is genuinely decent and sincere. He really shows his worth in situations like the ones with Colin and Hedley. Even stands up to McGowan.

AhhBrenda
Plumber
Plumber

Post by AhhBrenda » Fri May 03, 2013 7:04 pm

I cringed whenever I saw McGowan, nasty piece of work and played incredibly well.
The bloke who played hi was in a film called Withnail and I directed by George Harrison, he played a poacher who come into a country pub and is a raucous as he was on AufPet.

AhhBrenda
Plumber
Plumber

Post by AhhBrenda » Fri May 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:Good post actually, as not many fans, me included like saying..'I don't like him/her...'
I for one, never got to liking Vera.

The main reason I see for trying to get Dennis back to the UK, was because he was having a cracking time with Dagmar, and she didn't like it. So, she drags him back, makes his life a misery and he ends up we nowt!
She was a right bitchreally when you think about it and a really moaning one. Barry's Mrs to be was a right wrong un as well.

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Mon May 06, 2013 5:05 pm

HerrPfister wrote:Well, seeing as the situation is vacant, I'm gonna rubbish Alan.

He's the one who took Vera away from our Den, seducing her with all his fancy supermarket talk & flash car. Then, when it comes down to it, he can't even fix wor Kevin's bike, and presumably buggers off as soon as one of the checkout girls flashes him a wee bit of thigh.

I mean, what is he a Blimmer or something?, makes me FURIOUS.

:evil:

"He's got a great car though, Alan...."

Bomber still annoys me a bit in series 1 ( :shock: ) as I thought Pat Roach's acting was decidedly ropey in those early episodes. He came into the character more in series 2 and I like him a lot more then, but the earlier episodes of series 1 when he keeps referring to himself in the third person still grates on me a bit. I mean, I get it - I know it's a character trait etc but if I was chosing my least favourite of the main seven in series 1 I'm afraid Bomber it is.

KismetsNotAName
Brickie
Brickie

Post by KismetsNotAName » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Neville is a reet boring b¤¤¤¤¤¤. That being said you need him in the show. But the whole thing with his "poxy naffin tattoo" was cringeworthy. Especially the trying to get the sun to fade it

bigwillyosbourne
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bigwillyosbourne » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Out of the orignal seven lads I think it would have to be Bomber. No offence to Pat Roach I just think the character is never given anything interesting to do or say.
Hoo, Ayatollah - get yer skates on.

NZer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by NZer » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:56 am

AWP Corsa Tim wrote:Sometimes i wonder about Moxey.. generally he is ok apart from his tendency to break the law with Fire!! just seems that he always has to come across trouble sometimes.. i didnt like that he had been a bad lad in the start of series 2.. thought he could have been in a different situation myself..

nothing wrong with Moxey he just thinks every day is guy fawkes day

The Magnificent 7
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by The Magnificent 7 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:13 pm

Out of the seven lads if I was forced to choose I would have to pick Neville. He's always complaining about something and more often than not he puts a negative spin on things, I just can't imagine the rest of the lads who were always up for a laugh putting up with his misery for so long, in real life he probably would have got told to piss off. I've always liked Oz's description of him in 'If I Were A Carpenter', "Soon better be a clown than a misery like you, you're like death warmed up you man.".

Outside of the lads I'd say Vera, she was more miserable than wor Nev. She seemed quite selfish and hated the fact that Den had found some happiness with Dagmar, so she got him back and then gave him the elbow by Series 2, so poor Den was left with nowt.

I think Howard Radcliffe was a snobby git as well, I think he looked down his nose at the lads, and I think he took great pleasure in telling Ally about the lads going on strike so I would have liked the lads to get some sort of retribution against Howard like they did with Arthur.

I've always hated that copper from 'A Law for the Rich' in Series 2, not the older copper but the younger one, he especially irritates me in the scene where they're questioning Hallwood.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Just seen Vera with Den in the solicitors office. What a tosser that Clive is, "And you must be Mr Patterson." The looks Vera gives wor Den. Canna stand the cow !!!

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by AlreetPal » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:25 pm

The Magnificent 7 wrote:Out of the seven lads if I was forced to choose I would have to pick Neville. He's always complaining about something and more often than not he puts a negative spin on things, I just can't imagine the rest of the lads who were always up for a laugh putting up with his misery for so long, in real life he probably would have got told to piss off. I've always liked Oz's description of him in 'If I Were A Carpenter', "Soon better be a clown than a misery like you, you're like death warmed up you man.".

Outside of the lads I'd say Vera, she was more miserable than wor Nev. She seemed quite selfish and hated the fact that Den had found some happiness with Dagmar, so she got him back and then gave him the elbow by Series 2, so poor Den was left with nowt.

I think Howard Radcliffe was a snobby git as well, I think he looked down his nose at the lads, and I think he took great pleasure in telling Ally about the lads going on strike so I would have liked the lads to get some sort of retribution against Howard like they did with Arthur.

I've always hated that copper from 'A Law for the Rich' in Series 2, not the older copper but the younger one, he especially irritates me in the scene where they're questioning Hallwood.

"Where do we eat in Newcastle?" Possibly the most cringeworthy piece of acting in AWP.
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.

We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:26 pm

It's weird how fans don't like Vera.
I'm not massive fan, but I never disliked her. The main reason for quite liking her could be down to watching Pet when I was too young to realise what she was doing. She didn't give Dennis the elbow originally in S2, more on that later in the year, and it would have been nice to see Den and Vera together and being happy.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:00 am

'Den and Vera together being happy.' Whats it loike ?

LeeW
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by LeeW » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:06 am

Chrissie,Wyman's mum.Really annoying.

Poor form by Dennis too.shagging a workmates' mother.

Actually,I found the character and scenario quite unbelievable.More so than Oz and Ophelia or Neville the spy.

broomy72
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by broomy72 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:32 pm

out of the 7 has to be wayne,out of all of the series either hazel,tatiana or tarquin pierce

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:13 am

In fact 'Broomy' reminded me there.. doesnt have to be one of the lads does it.. Least liked would be Tarquin Pearce Prick, and Nick Wheeler.. both different series altogether..
OP