Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Hello from down under

"What's the word then..?" Come and introduce yourself.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Mick in Oz
Brickie
Brickie

Hello from down under

Post by Mick in Oz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Well isn't this site just "monumental"! A big thanks and well done to all involved with it's creation and running. Well, I was 8 back in "83 and can remember series 1 being on because my folks would being watching it and be chuckling away! I obviously didn't "get it" due to age but what little I did ( or was allowed to ) see had me laughing my socks off and although I didn't know it then I was hooked.
Naturally series 1 & 2 are just classics but I believe all the series since are too. I never ever tire of watching them.
I emmigrated to Australia 5 years ago know so sadly there will be no convention trips etc for me but I am sure this site will help me get my AWP fix!
Great to be here...... I even start laughing just opening the home page!! :lol:

Mick

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from down under

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Nice to have you on board Mick, and you might be our first Down Under member, although I cant be 100% sure...

Hope you enjoy it here, and help us celebrate and dig deeper about the greatest show of all time!

Lee

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:21 pm

Welcome to the forum Mick!! Not Mick Dundee then, ;)
OP

Mick in Oz
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Mick in Oz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:15 pm

Thanks Lee. I will certainly enjoy it here!

Thanks Tim. Definitely not Mick Dundee though :lol: . Maybe a dream next series could be set down here..........Moxey's "condo" needs fixing up and he sends out a SOS just like Barry did in series 2!! Oz & crocodiles ( or crocodile shoes ;) ) and the lads comparing the Tyne bridge to Sydney harbour??? Ah well its a thought.

Cheers.

Mick.

Geordie
Electrician
Electrician

Post by Geordie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:01 am

Never forget your roots, welcome!

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:19 am

Hey Mick ! When the lads have finished Moxey's condo, perhaps you could send them over to New Zealand and help with the Christchurch rebuild? After fixing my place, they could go into town. The 'Health and Safety' mob would have a fit with those 'rough ass building workers' ! Goes with a storyline I have. There is a strip club right in the middle of town that survived the big ones. But the council want it 'bleedin demolished' to fit with their new town plan. [ That part is actually true !] It would become Wyman's second home and the lads could use their OED influence to save it. As a tourist attraction ofcourse !!! The smashed up Cathedral is just around the corner so Barry could sneak in for a bit more brass rubbing while Oz stays in the club and rubs all the brass he can handle ! Turns out the owner of the club is one Jimmy McMillan who emigrated here in 2012, just after the biggest shake. He has cash and lots of schemes. When Wyman overstays his welcome one night, the law is called in and Dennis has to bail him out. McMillan demands to see the leader of this group and when Dennis walks into his office, he comes face to face with Jimmy McMillan, who is really the one and only; Ally Fraser !!! "DENNIS PATTERSON ! Well well well, of all the strip joints in all the world, you just happened to walk into mine. So where were we then? Oh thats right, dont fart me around Dennis, where is my money ?!!!"

Mick in Oz
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Mick in Oz » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:42 am

Cheers Geordie...........will make sure not to 'cause that's the place that shaped me and made me what I am ! ;)

Hi Tracy. You have certainly had it rough there in the last couple of years. Hope it is piecing together well. I am loving your storyline!! You have put a lot of work into that! Bringing back Ally Fraser would be a masterstroke......Dennis, Dennis, Dennis :lol:

There really is a strong case for getting the lads down to these parts, after all they have done North America & Cuba, Europe of course and Asia............surely this is the next stop ( we wish !)

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:59 am

Moxey is the key! Perhaps they could go to Oz [the country] for some well earned rest and recouperation [?] staying with Mox. Where do you reckon they live? How about Newcastle ???
Last edited by Tracy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mick in Oz
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Mick in Oz » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:05 pm

Newcastle.............definitely!! There are areas there called Gateshead & Wallsend ( amongst others ) so the lads would be right at home!

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:29 am

Ahh excellent ! How about Moxey's condo gets razed by a bushfire. We all see the irony in that !!! Was he in it? Not for long, no! The lads would hear about that through the OED and 'the bricklayers special' would fly again !
You could be an extra in charge of the BBQ !!!

Mick in Oz
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Mick in Oz » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:00 am

I'll get the bbq fired up with pleasure..........and I will do lunches!

Better tell the local brewery to increase production! :lol:

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:28 am

I can just see Barry water-skiing in those ludicrous Bermudas! And how about this for a fictional quote, "Oh dont tell me, they've filled in Sydney Harbour !!!"

Mick in Oz
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Mick in Oz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Who's Sydney Harbour? ;) I bet it will have been Oz that filled him in!

Im not sure those shorts will have given Barry any more "freedom of expression" with the passing years...........maybe a repeat performance of "keep young and beautiful" at the opera house would be possible?? :lol:

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:19 pm

How would that sound with a wobble-board? [ all together now ] Oh my, just had a vision of the lovely Tityana ! Doubt that she would allow Barry such indulgence. Or has she snatched the kid and done a runner back to Russia? Did they have a boy or girl?
Back to Barry in his Bermudas doing 'keep young and beautiful'; entertaining the lads on the steps of the Sydney Opera House, his pants split and poor Barry is arrested for indecent exposure. Well he has to end up back in jail somehow !!!