Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Aloe Goodbye

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Re: Aloe Goodbye

Post by 936trt » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:18 pm

Moxey returned to the flat outside Kingston and not for the first time he missed the comfort of what he and Chrissy still thought of as Uncle Percy's. Moxey was resigned to eventually finding somewhere larger and more permanent but with the future somewhat uncertain it would have to wait.There was a message on the answer machine.

" This is a message for Mr Albert Moxey from Mr Robert Smith in Kingston.We are in receipt of a letter concerning pending legal requirements in respect of the title and estates of Guy Rogers. Would Mr Moxey please contact the office as a matter of some urgency."

Moxey 'phoned Bob Smith immediately.

Moxey: " Hi Bob I just got your message.Is there a problem?"

Bob: " Hi Mox. Well there is and there isn't.I have received two letters.One is regarding Guy's impending birthday .We are advised by The Lord Lyon King of Arms that certain formalities must be observed on or soon thereafter the date of his sixteenth birthday."

Moxey: " Bloody hell Bob what's that about?"

Bob: " Well it's a new one for us but straightforward so don't worry. Potentially problematical is the second missif which is from Mr Irvine at Killgrinnan.The local constable has taken action, his words not mine, in respect of an incursion within the castle grounds, again his words, by a family member known to you. I think the two events are related in so far as
this particular time may be the last opportunity for said family member to make representations about the inheritance and title."

Moxey: " Shit.I guess this means a trip whichever way you look at ? "

Bob: " Yes. Can I suggest you come to my office and if possible bring Mr Guy with you?

Moxey: " Sure I will have to clear it with the school but I'll let you know. Thanks Bob."

At the hospital everyone is sat quietly in the waiting room,except for Nev who is pacing up and down.

Neville: " How much longer do you think Penny?"

Penny: " Absolutely no idea Neville.That last nurse wasn't a lot of help ,I mean - It will take as long as it takes- isn't particularly a profound statement."

Dagmar and Ofelia exchange worried glances which Dennis noticed.He was feeling a bit nervous himself after some four hours of waiting.

Dennis: " Nev, mate ,it doesn't help you know all this walking up and down."

Neville: " Sorry mate ,I can't help it, it will soon be five hours since she came in."
A few minutes later a tall dark haired chap in blue coveralls came through the door to the ward where Pru had been taken. He walked toward Neville as he removed his gloves ,held him by the shoulders and said" Mr Hope I am very sorry."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:42 pm

Oh shyte ! :o

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:57 am

Neville looks terrified ." What the hell do you mean you're sorry, and who are you?"

" Again my apologies Mr. Hope I am the resident here ,my name is Shaughnessy."

Neville: " Aye but what are you sorry for?"

Shaughnessy:" We have had a difficult and longer birth than predicted. But it's all over now so why don't you come with me and see your wife and family." He put an arm around Nev's shoulder and virtually marched him out of the waiting room.

Neville: " Family what do you mean family?"

Shaughnessy: " Well there was one more you see, clever wee blighter, who was trying to hide from us. We are calling them William and Benjamin, our little joke you know." He laughed and gave Nev a hug.

The rest of the group in the waiting room looked at each other in amazement and then horror as they heard the sound of Penny collapsing in a heap. Dennis was chuckling " Bloody hell , Bill and Ben."

Back on Chrysalis Island Barry is savouring another mojito while watching some scaffolders at the rear of the new spa.

Barry: " You have to admire those lads working in this heat. Do you know I've just heard that there is a new kind of transparent wood. No more broken glass eh? So what did Chris tell you about Chrissy and Dagmar's run in with the Mafia?"

Tatiana: " I tell him it's bullshit. I know the way these guys work.This is something else. I ask him if he is sure it's Mafia. He says he has bumped heads before. I think he means he has had trouble."

Barry : " So who do you think it is if not the Mafia? "

Tatiana: " I don't know petal. Someone wants Chrysalis out of the picture maybe . They have not been here .Yet."

Barry: " Well if Chris says he's going to get involved we may find out who it is soon enough."

Tatiana: " He also asked me if you are involved with Outreach. I know you told Oz you were interested. Ofelia she tells me everything. So I ask you ,how you do both Outreach and Miami business?"

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:52 pm

Bill & Ben & Uncle Den. :P

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:40 pm

Oz is driving from the aiport on his way to meet Vicky . She had replied positively to Detlef's message on his behalf some days previously, and sent directions from the airport to Kenny Ames home .Vicky explained she felt it was right that Kenny should be present as he had been closely involved with Sara Victoria's upbringing.

Ever since the call from Detlef Oz had thought about little else but the time he and Vicky had spent together all those years ago. He couldn't explain to Ofelia how it had been one of the happiest times of his life, made all the sweeter for them both because Vicky had kicked over Frasers traces . Oz had felt no remorse when they parted. They were two young, healthy people taking full advantage of the opportunity life had presented and to Oz they were just moving on. He felt it went some way to making up for the boring life had had up to that point.
Today he was nervous for many reasons .Since his time with Ofelia she explained how he'd developed a respect for the opposite sex, something lacking until that chance meeting in Havana. He'd also learned that some women had been attracted to him simply because of his uncouth nature, Sarah, Jeffrey's secretary had made that very clear and he came to realise he'd never considered it as a negative part of his nature. He knew he'd changed and not only by the lads' yardstick.
This meeting could be more painful than he'd expected, thinking back to the Oz of the nineteen eighties.
As he rang the bell to the Ames palatial home he found himself concerned that he may not measure up in Vicky's eyes. The door opened by an attractive self assured woman who on closer inspection turned out to be Vicky. Vicky by contrast saw a more weathered version of the Oz she remembered after leaving the Sans Souci.

Vicky: " Well you'd better come in Oz."

Oz: " Thanks pet.The instructions were spot on." She looked more closely at him, to Oz's embarrassment.

Vicky: " You haven't changed much Oz." Oz clearly looked pleased with himself at this.

Oz: " Well you are still a very attractive woman Vicky."

Vicky: " Dear me perhaps you have changed. There was a time you would have used a very different expression ." Oz was now feeling uncomfortable and Vicky could see it. She smiled." Here Oz take a seat and I'll get you a drink. What would you like?"

Oz: " A coffee will be fine thanks Vicky. I'll be driving later." Vicky stopped on her way to the drinks cabinet turned and looked at Oz in amazement.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:53 pm

Oz, healthy ? Nevaaa !!!

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:43 pm

Oz accepted the coffee and looked across at Vicky as she poured a glass of water. Still a fine looking woman he thought but what a waste. Oz's gaze was not wasted on Vicky. She glared at him. " Don't forget I know you Oz .You are a married man. Control yourself."

Oz: " Sorry Vicky ,you can't blame me for thinking . I know it was in the past ,but I've had time to think hard particularly on my way here. I know I can never forget you, or our time together." Vicky looked at Oz for a minute and then smiled.

Vicky: " I think I understand . It's true,we did have a good time .Another good thing that came out of it is our daughter and I will take you to see her after you've seen Kenny."

Oz: " Detlef never said anything about me seeing Kenny."

Vicky: " That's because I didn't tell him. He would tell Debbie,she would tell Nev, he would tell Dennis and then before long all Cuba would know. Ally has ears everywhere. Kenny believes he's taking a risk with you. I've convinced him otherwise. " She waved him to silence as he made to question her further." He will explain when you see him. Baz will let us know when the physio has gone."

Oz: " Physio,what physio?"

Vicky: " Later Oz, anyway there's Baz now. On you go bonny lad."

Baz had indeed appeared at the doorway to the lounge and beckoned to Oz to follow. He was just as big as Oz remembered but a lot greyer. He had set off at a fast pace and Oz had to run to catch up .He was halfway up the stairs to the next floor before Oz caught up.

Oz: " Now then Baz." He was putting a hand on his shoulder when Baz turned slightly and before Oz knew what had happened found his hand very tightly gripped by a smiling Baz.He was grinning at the surprised look on Oz's face.

Baz: " Divvn't worry bonny lad I'm not into hurting people .Mr Ames paid for the Kempo training see."

Oz: " Bloody hell Baz I didn't mean anything. You can let go now."

Baz: " You know Ally never let us forget that time you knocked me down. See we were never real bruisers ,just put frighteners on folks who didn't pay up."

Oz: " I was going to ask how long have you been here?"

Baz: " Few years now. Me and a few others cleared off when Ally went inside. But it was only him they wanted you know, we were just small fry. Anyway I was doing a bit of minding in Newcastle and took this clients missus into a Sally's Salon one day and who should I see but Vicky. We swapped stories and the rest is history."

As they clattered across another tiled floor towards what Oz assumed was Kennys room they both heard a car drive off from the front of the house.

Baz: " Aye that'll be the physio on her way. She treats Mr Ames every day now. Here we are Oz."

Oz: " Ok Baz. By the way what happened to your mates, you know the ones that Ally sent to Thornley Manor?"

Baz studied for a moment. " Crikey that's a long time ago as well. Aye I remember Fraser wasn't very happy and fired them all, except for me . He was talking about getting Dennis to let your mate, you know the big lad with the beard, come and work in Newcastle after the lads told him how he'd handled himself."

Oz: " Yes well that would be Bomber and I think the answer would have been no.Sadly he's no longer with us, but that's another story."

Baz: " Aye well the Spanish gig came up and he never bothered after that."

Baz tapped on the door.

Kenny: " Come in,come in." Baz looked at Oz " There you go kiddah,maybe see you later." He offered Oz his hand. Oz looked at him , was about to point a finger ,thought better of it and accepted the handshake. He walked into the room and saw Kenny sat on a sunlounger on the balcony.

Kenny: " Hello Oz long time no see. Have a seat over here in the sun."

Oz was shocked to see the change .No longer the suntanned happy go lucky Kenny. This man was thin ,approaching emaciated Oz thought. " Hello Mr Ames."

Kenny: " Christ it's a long time since anyone other than the coppers called me Mr. Ames. Sit down here where I can see you.Call me Kenny and speak up."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:30 am

OP

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:27 pm

Kenny sat up and took a long look at Oz and then laid back down.

Kenny: " Vicky told me all about you Oz and it's just as well. At one time I could cheerfully have had you dealt with for the way I thought you'd treated her. However I learned from her the whys and wherefores and can even understand why she never told you she was pregnant. Anyway let's move on. Pass me that bottle Oz." Kenny poured himself a drink of white wine. " I can't take the local reds these days. This does me fine." He laid back again , Oz noticed his painfully thin arms . " "So you are a reformed character I hear?"

Oz: " Reformed is a good word it can mean a lot of things,but it's true I left most of my bad habits behind after I'd been inside. I would say my wife can take credit for any improvements after I got married."

Kenny nodded in agreement: " I have made a lot of enquiries and not only about you. You will understand why later.
You were inside for assault after your last job for Ally Fraser?"

Oz:" Yes. Drunk .Got into a fight ,guy was hurt and I served my sentence."

Kenny: " All that time in the north east and no contact with Vicky or Fraser?"

Oz: " No, look I told you this, I had no idea she was pregnant and anyway wasn't Fraser banged up?"

Kenny: " Oy,oy lad calm down . I know, I just needed to hear it from you directly . You'll see later that I'm taking a risk with you when you hear my proposals .So while you're here you will see Sara Victoria and she'll be able to put a face to the name?"

Oz: " Yes."

Kenny: " I don't have a lot of time so listen carefully. There are two things I want you to do and I will give you two things in return. The first thing is you must promise me you will keep a close eye on the girls in my life. I mean Vicky and Sara Victoria. I have reasons enough to know that they are potential targets , you know about the salons ?"

Oz: " Hang on Kenny you know I live in Cuba how the hell can I do that ,just look at the geography."

Kenny: " Listen Oz I know more about you than you think .I know Ofelia is thinking about another job,I know you started in the music business courtesy of CWN recording .More about Christopher Norris later. I am talking about a major change in your life and not only in the way you work. You will be able to make regular visits to all your various businesses and I mean globally. These will become yours when you agree to my request.Since I've been legit ,for over twenty years now ,I've built up an international business in a wide range of areas from builders merchants to transport.Some of the companies are naturally here in Spain." Kenny suddenly stopped as a coughing fit convulsed his body.He pressed a button on the side of the sunlounger. A middle aged lady in uniform appeared went over to Kenny and took his pulse.

"You have been overdoing it .Again.Take this." She handed him a pill which he washed down with a sip of wine.

Kenny: " Thank you Helga I'll be fine now." Helga shook her head and left the room." Now where was I. Ah yes .I have lots of clever people working for me .The businesses can be transferred to you quickly and with a minimum of paperwork. It is best you keep a low profile." He took another sip of wine .None of what Kenny had said really registered with Oz .It was nothing like what he'd expected.

Kenny: " I have had plenty of time to plan this Oz ,and I can tell you are still coming to terms with it."

Oz: " Kenny you are a rich man you could get anyone to do this .Why me?"

Kenny: " I know you ,I trust you and Vicky trusts you.You are Sara Victoria's father. You are like family to me. Also you have unique qualifications for my second request ."

Oz: " So the two things you said you would give me one is a piece of the action in your legit businesses, what is the other?"

Kenny: " Oz you haven't been listening. I only have legit businesses and it's not a piece of the action it's all of it. "

Oz: " I'm gobsmacked Kenny.I don't know what to say."

Kenny: " Well don't say thanks just yet."

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:49 pm

Kenny: " The next thing is more complicated." He took another sip of wine, and paused to get his breath." Some years ago I was approached by someone wanting to sell certain works of art. As you might expect someone was always wanting to sell me something in those days however I was interested because a little bird told me Fraser had had first dibs and turned it down. He made a mistake and has since realised how big a mistake. The items are priceless but couldn't be moved for at least ten years."

Oz :" Sounds very iffy to me, were they wanting the wonga up front?"

Kenny: " No not exactly, more like buying on the drip. Long story short when I found out what was for sale I said yes."

Oz : " I take it Fraser found out?"

Kenny: " He did not ,all the more surprising to me since the intermediary was Bobby Blande and they were fairly close or so I thought, because when I enquired it seems there is much bad blood between them. But that is another story."

Oz: " So Kenny what now?"

Kenny: " I want you to agree to locate and retrieve the items and bring them here."

Oz: " I'll need to know where and how many items and your assurance it's legal."

Kenny: " Agreed. Yes it's sort of legal."

Oz : " Howay man Kenny. If I get caught and put away there's me wife and bairn....."

Kenny: " Give over whining and listen. I'll give you the whole story and then I'm sure you'll agree.If you still think it's iffy then ok forget it."

Oz :" Well ok let's hear the story and I'll let you know."

Kenny: " During the war in Bosnia there was a lot of looting as well as all the other stuff that goes on in a war. Now some of the loot has never been recovered .Enter my local contact ,Father Beneficio we'll call him. He wants the items which include icons and paintings that were stashed away by the robbers to be retrieved at a later date. They were not retrieved because they were all killed. Classic story of a deathbed confession and the priest knows the location. We want you to go there and bring the stuff back. You will need help."

Oz: " What sort of help will I need?"

Kenny: " Well I suggest you will need to pass yourselves off as holidaymakers, guys who are not known to Interpol who just look like tourists. Do you know anyone like that?"

Oz: " Talk about bloody Kismet .You know it's a bit like a certain job we did a long time since. That could be the problem Kenny.It was a long time ago .My mates are all a bit long in the tooth like me. I can only ask and let you know. "

Kenny: " I thought you might have a crew at the back of your mind." Kenny laughed and started coughing again.Oz stood up and made to go to help when Kenny put up his hand to stop him. Kenny pressed another button on the sun lounger and within minutes an attractive oriental girl brought a tray with coffee and biscuits. She smiled at Oz on her way out.

Oz: " Shall I be mother?"

Kenny: " Yes,make mine white. " He had another pill and washed it down with coffee.

Oz: " Are you ok is there anything I can do?"

Kenny: " No I'll be fine .This happens all the time. I get tired very easily. Anyhow let's get on. The second thing I am going to give you is information. Now what you do with it is entirely up to you and I mean you plural because it affects all of you."

Kenny laid back and sipped at his coffee so Oz sat and waited , finished his own cup and poured himself another to wash down the biscuits he'd just eaten.

Oz: " When you say all of us Kenny who do you mean?"

Kenny: " Well I would include Wayne's son and his mother who is now Mrs Moxey as well as Barry Taylors wife and daughter. Neville and his new family -I expect the twins will be a handful-and of course Dennis the only guy I know that got money out of Fraser."

Oz: " Well you are certainly well informed Kenny."

Kenny : " I have needed to be Oz since Ally took it into his head to be awkward I've needed eyes in the back of my head. We had an unwritten agreement for years but when he came out of prison he was paranoid. Everything that went wrong was somebody else's fault. It started with him blaming me for enticing Vicky away when the truth is very different, as you know. He has been dabbling in all sorts of things which I would never touch like people trafficking and drugs. His latest playmates are the Yakusa .These are serious people ,and I'm not sure how he keeps that separate from his Mafia business.
I said I didn't want to know when he asked me to get involved . I told him I had been legit for years and that was another thing in his grudge bank. Ever since Sara Victoria came on the scene my life has changed, and all for the better I believe. I digress again ,sorry. Vicky brought me up to speed after her meeting with Debbie Hope and I heard all about your exploits up to landing in Cuba. Debbie also mentioned a chap called Christopher Norris ,something of a big wheel I understand and I was intrigued by something she told me of his background. You know me. I had my guys do some digging, and then recently they did a bit more when I learned he had been checking out Vicky's background. I wondered if he realised it would come to my attention or maybe didn't care . Again longer story shorter. Chris's mother's maiden name was Stille.Her father who built up the construction industry was the youngest of three brothers. The last record of them is moving to South America at the end of World War two."

Oz: " Bloody hell Kenny are you saying...." Kenny interrupted with a wave of his hand.

Kenny: " I don't know if Chris is in touch with them now,or even if they are still alive but he has had meetings in Brazil,Venezuela and back end of last year in Isla Victoria in Argentina, a beautiful place I've been there myself. The brothers interests were in mining and specifically uranium deposits. We investigated further and believe there is evidence implicating them in sourcing weapons grade material ."

Oz: " How the hell do you knbow all this Kenny?"

Kenny: " Don't ask. Just believe me because if I'm not mistaken you will be under Chris's microscope as we speak. He knows you were coming here, he has eyes everywhere including the federal agencies in the US. He works with them all the time. So suppose he looks at the worse case scenario that is you know about the Stille brothers mining interests from me. Where does that leave you and our potential projects?"

Oz : " Kenny who is to say he's not watching us here?"

Kenny: " This place is secure,including Faraday protection in all the rooms. When you go back you'll have to be very careful though."

Oz: " Oh dear. I know what the lads are going to say."

Kenny: " What's that Oz?"

Oz: " Bollocks."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:55 pm

So they can trace these brothers all the way back to the second world war ! :geek:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:39 pm

Oz was very conscious of Kenny's frailty. Attempting his goodbyes ,a spasm of shaking prevented Kenny from making a traditional handshake and Oz gave him a very untraditional hug.

Oz: " Look after yourself Kenny , I'll get back to you as soon as I've seen the lads. I still don't know how to thank you because you will appreciate how much this could change things for me and the family."

Kenny: " Well let's see how your crew react first .In the meantime I'll set things in motion here. Whichever way you choose to go with the info I've given you please let me know . I have a network that can help in many ways. Safe journey and good luck with Sara Victoria."

As Oz drove out of the estate he looked in the mirror and was impressed all over again. Kenny's place was incredible, the Moorish influence was everywhere.At least that's what Vicky had told him.

Vicky: " I told you there'd be surprises didn't I ?"

Oz: " You were dead right about that pet. Did you know what he was going to suggest ?"

Vicky: " More or less .He pretends not to worry about Fraser but these new players are not so easy to deal with. He said he only ever has me and Sara Victoria to worry about and hopefully has you to help now as well.Oops here we are pull into the carpark over there by the big doors. Wait here ,we'll come outside."

Oz got out of the car ,walked around to the gates and waited. He was feeling nervous, a dry mouth and sweaty palms. A door opened at the side of the gates and two figures appeared. Oz walked over to see Vicky holding the nun by the hand. Vicky leaned up on tip toe and whispered something in her ear.They turned to face him, both with big smiles and he saw Sara Victoria for the first time and it took his breath away.

Vicky: " Come on Oz are you going to say something to your daughter?"

Oz: " She's beautiful, sorry you're beautiful pet. I'm really happy to see you, to meet you .Do we shake hands or hug or what?"

Vicky: " I think under the circumstances a quick hug will be fine. Well what do you reckon Sara Victoria , is he what you were expecting?"

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:54 am

Most of the wedding guests had gone. Den,Oz and Barry ,who appeared to be planning some kind of jaunt were due to leave the following day. Detlef had left Debbie in their apartment after helping to move all the presents,while she rearranged the drawers and storage space. Detlef had his first opportunity to talk to Dagmar alone since the wedding and felt nervous. He found her in the Chrysalis office.

Dagmar: " You're wanting coffee Detlef ,Debbie not with you?"

Detlef: " Yes please and Mrs. Debbie Patterson is otherwise engaged with re orientation of our quarters." Dagmar laughed as she poured coffee for two.

Dagmar : " Everything has worked out well for you both I think, we all owe a great deal to Chris for his kindness ." Detlef didn't reply immediately and Dagmar noticed his wrinkled brow. " What is it son, is there something on your mind?"

Detlef: " There is mother . Since my visit with Vicky and talking to Oz I've been asking myself many questions. I know we never really talked about the war when I was growing up ."

Dagmar: " Is this about the war?"

Detlef: " Not really, but I know you were born after the war and I know the Nazis were a talking point at school so I guess it would be more so for you. Is that true?" Dagmar was looking a little embarrassed.

Dagmar: " Yes ,that is true."

Detlef: " Did Aunty Christa talk about it as well?" Dagmar was visibly disturbed at this.

Dagmar: " Why are you asking me these questions Detlef?"

Detlef: " I have never thought much about the business before Chris was in charge. I just assumed he got the job through his family connections. I was told it was Aunty Christa's father who started it just after the war and had many big construction contracts including the BECO where you and aunty Christa worked. Did you ever wonder how it grew so big so quickly after the war?"

Dagmar: " Lots of German companies grew after the war like Mercedes and Bayer ."

Detlef: " But they were around before the war. As far as I know it's been called CWN since Chris has been running it , before the war it's not so clear. It appears to be a collection of companies working very successfully under one umbrella."

Dagmar was looking puzzled. " I don't know where you are going with this son?"

Detlef: " Did you ever wonder why one so young would be the figurehead of the company?"

Dagmar: " I was told he was the family member in the right place at the right time."

Detlef: " He has been very kind to us all, especially to Debbie, and I am uncomfortable at being so obligated in fact I have felt more so after some recent events. Do you remember me telling you about the shooting incident during my visit with Vicky?"

Dagmar: " Yes,what of it?"

Detlef: " At the time we assumed they must be Frasers men because Vicky thought she recognised one of them. However I just found out the Marbella police let them go without charge. I made a few enquiries and found out their hire car was booked by 'phone from a German number. My colleagues have told me to forget it ,I just got married after all, but I can't, there is something fishy about this as Dennis would say."

Dagmar: " But what has this got to do with the war and Chris and CWN ?"

Detlef: " I traced the German number to the CWN office in Berlin. "

Dagmar: " That's why you think Chris has a hand in this?"

Detlef: " Mum you never answered my question about Aunty Christa." Dagmar looked down at her feet and hesitated before answering.

Dagmar: " Yes she did talk about it from time to time . I think it came out of her resentment at the family because they had been correct all along about Wayne . I don't recall anything in detail just that there was a hint of problems with her uncles who were prominent in the business."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:36 am

Now this is gettin interestin ! :geek:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Moxey and Guy were driving north from Glasgow heading to the estate again but this time without Chrissy and Beatrice. It was more convenient for Chrissy ( she said) and the promise of a shopping trip was more attractive to Beatrice ( she said) than watching something weird in a castle. Moxey 'phoned Kenny Irvine.

Moxey: " Hi Kenny I reckon we'll be with you in about two hours give or take. Everything ok up there?"

Kenny: " Hello Moxey. I had to get young MacCaskill out of his bed last night. He brought reinforcements and there was a pitched battle.They'd put up tents and felled a few trees but otherwise it's quiet now. It will be yourself and young Mr Guy this time?"

Moxey: " Yes but you should expect Bob Smith and his colleague from Edinburgh."

Kenny: " Very well I will let Annie know and we'll have rooms ready for them."

Moxey: " Did you get some of those midge traps I mentioned ?"

Kenny: " Yes,and as you know I didn't think they would work . We've tried so many things in the past but I have to be telling you, this idea is the best thing any of us round here have come across. We have six now around the garden and walkways and they are amazing. The bags of midges we harvest are about the size of a two man haggis and will fill two tents very quickly. I'm sure that had something to do with Naomi leaving. As soon as they'd gone we connected up the butane and set them away again.You'll be very pleased at the results."

Kenny greeted them at the entrance to the house.

Kenny: " Here let me have the bags. Your two friends are here . They made quite a stir with the helicopter I can tell you. Come away in we have something Annie made for you after your journey."

After Bob had introduced his friend Tom from the Lord Lyons establishment , Moxey and Guy started on the steak pies Annie had brought through.

Moxey: " The last time I had a pie like this.." He was interrupted by Guy.

Guy :" ....was the last time we were here. Right?"

Moxey: " Dead right young'un. Anyway Bob, can you fill us in on this thing that Guy has to do?"

Bob: " Nothing difficult ,more procedural but in that regard I can give you the legal bits very quickly it's the other aspects that require Tom's expertise.Tom?"

Tom: " Indeed Robert. As you know from our correspondence The Lord Lyons office are involved in all aspects of inheritance ,titles,and will advise when requested so to do as in this instance. There is no legal or genealogical basis for the so called case brought by Ms Naomi. We were made aware of the current situation by the local police and together Bob and I gave them the legal assurances they required. Subsequently we were saved a problem when she and her followers decided to up sticks and leave."

Bob: " So Mr Guy, the reason you have been asked to come here is more to do with tradition than the law but I know your father would be very happy that you have agreed to honour the hereditary procedures here at your family seat . Tom?"

Tom: " Naturally we hold such things in high esteem. Your father was very proud of the family's history and being able to trace it back to the thirteenth century is a fascinating exercise . I know I've studied it again more recently.We will have a little ceremony tomorrow . Can I presume to suggest we accept this offer of a dram ,Bob?" During their short conversation Kenny had brought a bottle, glasses and a silver bowl and placed them on a table.