Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

How often do you watch Auf Pet?

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

totti
Electrician
Electrician

How often do you watch Auf Pet?

Post by totti » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:33 pm

I've just finished watching Auf Pet from beginning to end which I do probably once a year and wondered how often others watch the series from start to finish. Always feel a bit sad when I watch the last one of the lads heading back to Germany, especially when the music from the first series kicks in and Dennis is showing the picture of the lads all together.

dan slider
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: How often do you watch Auf Pet?

Post by dan slider » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:04 pm

About 10 years ago i watched it daily. Now maybe a few episodes a month.
But some spells i will watch the entire lot back to back, like i did at christmas just gone
Hey thats a canny jumper man!

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:11 pm

Before I had kids I could watch it when I wanted, now its a bit harder....

Get a few episodes in at least every week now...

totti
Electrician
Electrician

Post by totti » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:31 pm

The only downer for me is is getting to series 3 and Wyman. Don't think they thought his character through at all. Would have much preffered to have seen a German cast as Waynes son. The comedy potential would have been massive. I would of cast him as being very regimental and typicaly German and as the series progresses I would have had the lads attitudes and habits rub off on him to the point were he slowly becomes more like his father.

dan slider
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by dan slider » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:54 pm

I think it was well cast, they needed to fill the racial equality card (the way TV is nowadays) and Noel Clarke played it well for me.
Hey thats a canny jumper man!

totti
Electrician
Electrician

Post by totti » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Still think they missed a trick. Wyman was kind of surplass to requirements, as the series progressed they seemed to have run out of things for him to do. Still think series 3 was fantastic mind.

Hallwood
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hallwood » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:21 pm

I used to try and watch it all at least once a year, but haven't for the last couple of years. I caught the end of series 2 and all of series 3, 4 and the special on Yesterday when it was last repeated, but it's not the same as the DVDs because of all the cuts for censorship and to fit in twenty advert breaks in the hour. Though it is a bit of fun trying to remember what exactly has been cut out.

jamie
Brickie
Brickie

Post by jamie » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:43 pm

best programme ever ive watched it for all these years and really series 1 and 2 brilliant i went to newcastle last week and i got a bit on the computer at my cousins where dennis picks up vicki and because they stay there they said why dont we go and get a photo of the building in the middle of the scene which is a toilet now lol my wife got up from her sleep and just started moaning that it was on but who cares about her lol

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Keep the wives mafia out of it

Big baz
Electrician
Electrician

Post by Big baz » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Once a week for me series 1 and 2 only sorry to say!

Series 2 until they get to Spain then back to series 1.

Geordie
Electrician
Electrician

Post by Geordie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:07 pm

I can range from at least one episode a day and up to how ever many I can fit in, to none for a week or two. If I'm watching them every so often i'll generally watch all of Series 1 out of order, Series 2 up till Spain, Series 3 and stop.
Last edited by Geordie on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pete wareham
Brickie
Brickie

Post by pete wareham » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:37 pm

I usually watch it every 6 months or so, I watched series 3 and quite enjoyed it, didn't really bother with the rest of it, I've only got series 1&2 on dvd but I might buy 3 just for a change, but for me I'm not sure they should have brought it back, it was like
Only Fools & Horses when Del and Rodney won the money, they brought it back but it lost the magic, some shows are best left alone so people will remember them with affection, like Fawlty Towers.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:38 pm

uuummm, just a question like, but whats with the downer on Spain? I enjoyed Spain as much as the rest of Series 2. For sure, Sargent Ives, [is he the real Postman Pat?] Pringle, Carol, Harry ... were such a joy but I think Carlos, Kenny, Spanish 'Old Bill', Terry Leather ... could all share the Top of the Bill spot. And wasnt Vicki 'priceless' throughout ? Maybe the topless beaches were a bit of a handful but I enjoyed it ! So was it the Spanish story lines, Gary's death or what? Only asking, just for a bit of fun like...

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:56 pm

With me the Spain parts were ok, but once out of england you feel a slight sadness because the fictional 'Derbyshire' was very enjoyable to watch, you had more of a feel of comradeship because of having to share the manor together, in Spain the comradeship lessens because of where they all stay, plus when you get near the boat scenes you know that after that there's no more Wayne, so as the Spanish scenes get near the finish the enjoyment weakens..

That's how i see it myself.
OP

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:03 pm

What I've just noticed, (Spanish episodes) is that this is the first time we never saw Oz and the rest of the lads in bed, or in their rooms! I wonder if Gary's death meant changes to these scenes, can't believe I've just noticed this....