Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Time between Arizona and Russia

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Time between Arizona and Russia

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:08 pm

It’s a 2 year gap between Tangiers and the lads being back in the UK but how long d’ya reckon was between Arizona and Russia?

Pete M
Brickie
Brickie

Re: Time between Arizona and Russia

Post by Pete M » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:16 pm

There is so much to enjoy in the third and fourth series, but realism is not one of them.
It was great to meet up with older versions of them all, but, in my humble opinion, it was such a wasted opportunity.
I have heard Jimmy Nail sing live, and he has a magnificent voice, and great character, and played Oz as a version of himself in the 1980s, but although he himself reformed, became a teetotal all round good egg, I dont think the character of Oz would have gone the same way.
You all know from my previous posts that I vaguely knew Pat Roach in the 80s, trained in his gym etc, but he was so similar to Bomber, he was kind of playing himself too. The thing that I found about Pat was he was a shrewd business man, and didnt always play by the rules. He looks so much smaller on the screen than he was in real life. At six foot five, add in his (always tatty) shoes, and his hair and he was basically seven foot! Everyone always says he was a gentle giant, but, actually he wasnt. his reputation in Birmingham was dubious.
It was a convenient plotline to make Bomber ill in series 3, but i find it hard to watch him struggling so much, he'd already had cancer for four years by then, and was a bit of a shadow of his old self.
So i find the later series a little lame, and to be honest, just a little bit too similar to Spender and Crocodile Shoes.
Pete x

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Time between Arizona and Russia

Post by Breaking Away » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:59 pm

It's been a few years since I've watched series 3 and 4 but from my memory I would have thought a year.