Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Howway man

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Pete M
Carpenter
Carpenter

Howway man

Post by Pete M » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:07 pm

Hi all
Been about a year since I posted on here, I was being evicted from my dwellings under a bit of a cloud and slightly in the shite.
Lee came good and cheered me up with some goodies, and since then I've had me head down and arse up grafting.
Ive had a couple of days off work and found myself drawn to AWP after a year of not watching....dunno if I'm weird, sad, sentimental, or just plain old.
But the forum seems a bit like it's died? Are you all somewhere else, or have people lost interest now?
Hoping not.
I've gotta gan now....

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Howway man

Post by Breaking Away » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:01 pm

Aye it's dead alright. The forum was brilliant and I know of a few that like you by the sounds of things, found it a comfort in their hour of need. I certainly did.
I think it's all moved to Facebook but I'm a dinosaur and don't do social media so have been left behind. But I still check the forum every day.
Good to hear things have improved for you Pete. All the best.
BA.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:31 pm

Aye, good to hear from you. I'm still here loike. 'Pet' has always been a comfort for me. Came in handy over this last weekend when a nutter killed 50 people here in Christchurch. Some of those just around the corner from my gaff. Just proves that life is so unsure and to make the most of each day is a must. I treasure my comfort zones ! So hang on in there mate. Better get a donut ... :D

Pete M
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Pete M » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:51 am

Thanks both, appreciate that.
Certainly is a strange world.
I don't do Facebook either, so looks like I'm left behind too then!
Cheers 🍻

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:32 am

The three musketeers eh. All for one....

Pete M
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Pete M » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:10 am

....and sod the rest eh!

Hallwood
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hallwood » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:39 am

I think we should send the rest of them to Covent.. I mean, Dresden.

Pete M
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Pete M » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:05 pm

Daft really. A couple of days off work and I've practically finished series one.
What's even more daft to me, is that I remember watching them at 9pm on a Friday night when they were first broadcast, and I was just a kid.
In my innocent little mind back then, it seemed to be so exciting, living away from home, being able to do what you want without answering to anyone, boozing and playing up.
I suppose then, the 'lads' were all older than me and represented freedom and escape, and Dick and Ian were experts in writing for this 'lads together in barracks' type stuff, I mean, just watch Porridge.
My Dad, long gone now, was a huge fan, and said it reminded him of his days when doing national service in the army, probably late fifties, and posted in Germany.
And now...I think I am probably older than Pat Roach was in S1, so it's kind of gone in a circle, or an arc, or something like that.
It used to bother me a bit that it was getting old and forgotten, but now I take a lot of comfort from watching it, like it's the 80s frozen in time, for my enjoyment!
I am aware that that all may sound like bollocks, but....on and off, those characters have been part of my life for 35 ish years.
In my mind, there's no harm in it, I mean, people still read books from different times, classic literature etc and all that shite, so, it's not dissimilar.
Even though I know the stuff inside out, I've still been laughing at it, and in a way, in awe of it.
Just watching Oz explaining to Wayne, its plootin down, it's cats and dogs, it's PISSING DOWN had me in bits.
Mind you...I'd had a few 🙊
Enough of my bollocks, I need a drink
Be good 👍

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:49 pm

'Pet', 'Breaking Bad' and 'Cold Feet'. My three all time favourites. In each there are characters I love and can identify with, in some ways I wish I did not ! But that's all part of being a human being, or student ! :lol: Nothing wrong with viewing these, whatever your favourites are, for enjoyment and 'a little bit of rest and recouperation'. Life is too short for all the bollocks. Go for it son !!! DL :P> :D

Hallwood
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hallwood » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:16 am

We all need a bit of an escape from real life sometimes, and where better to get it than with the lads in a hut in Dusseldorf? Or a manor in Derbyshire, of course.

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:23 pm

Yeah i agree the forum has gone really quiet. I dont do fb but my sister lets me nose on her page. Twitter is ok though . Lee puts stuff on there better than fb. I miss the forum . Glad things are looking up for you Pete. Nice to hear you're okay. Keep in touch

Pete M
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Pete M » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:45 pm

Thanks for the good wishes from you all, it's been nice to see a bit of activity back on the forum.
I'm settled for now, but whilst moving about, kipping in some shite places, and even now, because it's a bit cramped, I've kept the picture in my mind of Hut B, and the big room at Thornely manor.
It still amuses me, and reminds me.of people I've met on my travels, how when the three Geordies first find themselves in Hut B, the difference in their reactions.
To Den, it's a means to an end, to Nev, it's like he's just arrived on another planet, the planet misery, and to Oz, he just chucks his case on the bed, and says something along the lines of "right, I'm kipping down here". No problem to him, more of an adventure.
When in a later episode it's mentioned that Den may be shipping out, he looks around in amazement and says "what's wrong with this place?!"
I'm dipping in and out of S1 and S2 at the mo, as during my moving about my beloved old dvds have lost their cases (too bulky), and have got scratched etc, and some episodes won't play, but seeing as I know the entire script practically, it's just been fun watching random bits, and having a slurp 🍺 and a laugh.
Reet, that's enough of my bollocks for now, it's time to go over the club for a jar and a go on the space invaders...
Happy Saturday folks!!!

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:28 pm

Aye, have a nice time ! :P>