Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Decisions

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Pete M
Carpenter
Carpenter

Decisions

Post by Pete M » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:09 pm

Hi all
Been a real tough year, I've grafted me bollocks off, and until today haven't had a day off since October.
I still use Oz's phrase at work...."head down...arse up...graft"..
However, I'm now the proud owner of three days off, which means three days of no driving or breathalysers.
And although there's sixty bottles of Beck's in the fridge, I'm still wondering if it's the right time to dip back into AWP?
Like us all, the love for it can be tainted slightly by the fact that I could quote every episode word for word, but the feeling of 'being with the lads' again makes it very tempting, a lot more tempting than the shite that's on me 27 inch PYE.
And to start with S1 or S2. ? Decisions!!

Hallwood
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Decisions

Post by Hallwood » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:45 pm

There's never a wrong time for a bit of Auf Pet. I know what you mean about it being tainted by you being able to quote it word for word, but if you've not seen it for a while, then it's OK.

Personally, I would start with Series 2, but it's up to you. Whatever you decide, crack open a few bottles and have a sit down with the lads. Mebbes get a prawn curry as well.

Pete M
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Pete M » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:08 pm

You're absolutely right, I did that yesterday, even ordered a curry in!
And series two....perfection!
I'm old enough to remember 1985 quite clearly, and just seeing the old cars, the old phone boxes etc made me feel quite emotional.
To be fair that was after about 20 bottles of Beck's, but....I don't know...the atmosphere....none of this political correctness shite and bollocks...when men were men and not over preened Nancy wooses that youngsters are now. No internet, no social media etc
And beer was 74p for a pint of bass special bitter!!!!

racesgirl2000
Boozer
Boozer

Post by racesgirl2000 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:20 pm

Hallwood wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:45 pm
Personally, I would start with Series 2, but it's up to you. Whatever you decide, crack open a few bottles and have a sit down with the lads. Mebbes get a prawn curry as well.
I'm more of a season 1 gal myself, man
Oi oi, what's the word then