Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Films...

Come and have a 'quiet' chat with the lads about anything from 'The scandal of unregistered old peoples homes' to 'simone signoret' films..... :P
Warning: This section contains adult language!

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Films...

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:00 pm

I have a thing for 80's films, and I think I have seen The Goonies at least 500 times, if not more. I have on my Ipod at the moment (Been on it years now), Back To The Future, The Breakfast Club, Die Hard, Predator and a few more, and I can watch them over and over.....

Anyone got any 80's faves?

Si
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Films...

Post by Si » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:58 pm

Great film era.

Gotta say: Ghostbusters, Adventures in Babysitting, The Burbs, License to Drive, Police Academy, War Games, Flight of the Navigator, Indiana Jones, Short Circuit, Coccoon, Millenium, The philadelphia Experiment, Big Trouble in Little China, Mannaquin, Romancing the Stone, Beverly Hills Cop, Crocodile Dundee, Gremlins, Big, Vice Versa, Some kind of wonderful, The Woman in Red.....

:D

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:05 pm

Some crackers there!
Big Trouble in Little China is on one if the Sky Movies channels now almost every night. A great film, out there and a touch odd, but great to watch. Kurt Russell was and I'm sure still is a great actor, he had great timing, and could be extremely humourous.....

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hedley Irwin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:17 pm

I don't do films. I just don't have the patience to sit through them. I have occasionally gone to the pictures to keep a girlfriend happy, or to take the kids to see something, but I'll always fall asleep during the film.

I think the last film I went to see at the pictures by choice was Rocky 4, when a group of us bunked off school to see it. According to Wiki that would have been in 1985.

& I only possess one film on dvd (the Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads film). Yet I can watch AWP (or Porridge, or The Likely Lads) for hours on end
I need some slippers, and some soap

Gary M
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by Gary M » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:39 am

I'm with you, Hedley.

I can live off of my DVD collection. AWP, Minder, Rising Damp, Professionals, Sweeney, On the Buses, Royle Family. No need or reason to watch modern TV. Except for Family Guy - that's all my DVR is used for anymore.

poxeymoxey
Plumber
Plumber

Post by poxeymoxey » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:06 am

I absolutely love watching films of all types and from all eras, but dont watch anything on TV these days. If I do watch something from TV (such as Silent Witness) I have to get the DVD. You cant beat going to the cinema to watch a film. Just been to see The Impossible, the film about the family who survived the tsunami starring Ewan Mcgregor and all I can say is wow!

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 am

Princess Bride is a family favourite. Lethal Weapon. Back To The Future was right up there at the time and I must put the dvds on again. Stand By Me. ET, Star Wars of course. Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm St. Arnie and Sly films, Jaws, Police Academy...
Ahh, happy days

dan slider
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by dan slider » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Too many gret films to choose from, but a few fav british 80's films.
Made in Britain, The Firm, Long Good Friday, McVicar, Sid & Nancy, Local Hero

Comedy/drama Films: Greogorys Girl, Rachel Papers, Morans from outta Space, The Supergrass, Clockwise, Rita Sue & Bob too, Wish you were Here, I bought a vampire motorcycle, Sid & Nancy

Thats all i can remember at the moment! :-)
Hey thats a canny jumper man!

LeeW
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by LeeW » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:38 pm

McVicar is one that I know off by heart.(I don't care how late is I ain't going home). The blowjob scene is way erotic.
The real McVicar hates the film apparently.

The Firm was great.I still can't watch anything with Oldman without thinking 'Bexy boy'.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:13 pm

'Plenty' from 1985.
Meryl Streep, Charles Dance, Tracey Ullman, John Gielgud, Ian McKellen, Sam Neill, Sting and Christopher Fairbank as 'Spencer'. Its hard going but I find it worth the effort every time. Much like 'Scandal !'

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by AlreetPal » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Not watched many films for years, but 80's films I go back to are

Die Hard 8-)
Terminator
Risky Business
Uncle Buck
Scarface
The Running Man
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation :lol:
Lethal Weapon
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.

We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

Magowan
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Magowan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:54 pm

These are my favourite movies from the 1980s.

The Blues Brothers
The Long Good Friday
Das Boot
Octopussy
The Terminator
Back To The Future
Running Scared
Manhunter
The Living Daylights
Predator
Full Metal Jacket
Wall Street
Die Hard
Licence To Kill
Batman
Tango & Cash
GET BAAAAAAAACK!

Brown Eyed Boy
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by Brown Eyed Boy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:52 am

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:I have a thing for 80's films, and I think I have seen The Goonies at least 500 times, if not more. I have on my Ipod at the moment (Been on it years now), Back To The Future, The Breakfast Club, Die Hard, Predator and a few more, and I can watch them over and over.....

Anyone got any 80's faves?
I used to love "The Breakfast Club" when I was 15 or 16! Could really identify with some of them, especially Alison (played by Ally Sheedy). And "Don't you forget about me" by Simple Minds is one of my all-time favourite songs! 8-)

I've seen the Goonies too. But they never meant that much to me. The whole film was a bit confusing, in my opinion... Sean Astin was a cute little kid in the film. Today I can hardly watch him anymore when he's on the telly somewhere... Isn't it amazing how people are so cute as kids. And then when they grow up they lose all of their charm all of a sudden... :roll:

I've seen the film on DVD, and I have also watched the comments from the main actors and the director (Richard Donner?). It was very interesting. And not surprising that Sean Astin was the first to leave.... :roll:

One of my favourite 80s movies was definitely "Jumpin' Jack Flash". Definitely my favourite film with Whoopi Goldberg! I remember going to the cinema every Friday afternoon after school for a couple of weeks, just to watch this film!! 8-)

Magowan mentioned "The Blues Brothers". That's one of my favourites as well. Going to a convent school for girls only, this one was a kind of "cult movie" for some of us...
"We're on a mission from God!" 8-)

And "Das Boot" really is one of the best German movies ever made!! I cannot recommend it enough...

Have a nice day,

Brown Eyed Boy

Unter einer Palme liege ich und qualme, und denk':
"Ihr könnt mich alle mal!"

Clapped Out Zephyr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clapped Out Zephyr » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Love having a wee "back to the future athon"on a Saturday afternoon with my 13 year old hes learnt well.

Stand by me is a fave from the 80`s,the mad max films,local hero,restless natives,convoy,smokey and the bandit :lol: trading places,beetle juice all ones i`ve watched over and over again

Magowan
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Magowan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Saw "The Fourth Protocol" with Michael Caine and Pierce Brosnan last night; an enjoyable and realistically intense spy thriller. Is it me or am I the only person who finds this and "Tailor Of Panama" better spy flicks with Brosnan in than the ones he did for Bond after he did "GoldenEye"? 10/10
GET BAAAAAAAACK!