Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Prospects Options Choices

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Prospects Options Choices

Post by Tracy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:33 am

"Do you know China ?"
"Yes Sabu, China. It can break !" :lol:

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:38 pm

Wyman had set off for Aruba once John had assured him he would follow up on Chris’s dealings with the Aymara. As he left the airport he ’phoned Juan to inform him of his arrival. He had a confirmation call within a few minutes and instructions to leave his hire car a few blocks from the Gomez residence. As he locked the car he wondered if his instructions were some kind of precaution but all became apparent when he reached the house. The approach roads were full of parked cars and one right outside the house was a hearse.

Juan came to the door to greet Wyman.

Gomez: “ My friend Wyman. You came. Strange times ,and sad.”

Wyman:” I’m sorry to be here when you are mourning Juan.”

Gomez: “ You were not to know ,it is my son’s wife, Eduardo ,you will recall.”

Wyman: “ Yes I do recall, I am sorry Juan, it’s always sad to lose a family member.”

Gomez: “ I heard about your mother Wyman, my condolences. I apologise we should not be outside like this.”

Wyman: “ I can come back Juan if it would be easier for you?”

Gomez: “I will not hear of it .You are here now please come inside and I will explain everything.”

His story was indeed worth Wyman’s visit. After the spate of poisonings the consigliere were more on their guard and alert to any indications of change in local circumstances. When it became known that the DEA had brokered a deal with Tarquin Pierce it set alarm bells ringing.

Gomez: “It was no coincidence there were immediate changes to marine traffic ,initially in the Honduras area, followed by a number of arrests .It appeared Pierce had turned informant. I had long suspected he gained his knowledge of the transponder procedures from contacts within the British embassy in Cuba . We were all surprised that he was prepared to reveal everything and everyone involved in what had taken him years to put together.”

Wyman: “ I do remember his name came up when Ally Fraser was in the frame for trafficking through Guatemala and Venezuala.”

Gomez: “ You knew about that Wyman?” Gomez was frowning.

Wyman: “ Yes ,but only because a girl I had known became a victim of the drug trade and then part of the trafficking. It was Fraser who was behind it.”

Gomez:” Well I can say there are some very worried people right now who know that Pierce was very close with Fraser and fear there is no honour among thieves.”

Wyman: “ You think he may inform on Fraser to the DEA?”

Gomez: “ Pierce’s knowledge of how marine traffic is monitored in the Caribbean is certainly valuable but his knowledge of Frasers business will be many times more useful to the DEA. Worth his freedom even in witness protection.”

Wyman: “ You think this is a real possibility ?”

Gomez: “I do and there is another factor here. After the poisonings my associates were nothing if not diligent in their pursuit of the perpetrator. Imagine their surprise when two names came to light one of which was Alistair Fraser and the other was Barbara Hunt.” Wyman was all ears.

Wyman: “ Are you saying they are working together?”

Gomez: “ I and other family all thought this cannot be true. At that time she was affianced to your brother Christopher . However subsequent events make me wonder and I have it on good authority she has been seen in Frasers company on more than one occasion .” Wyman then remembered Chris saying in the past Fraser had had dealings with the Stilles.

Oz is in his shed with Den and Nev.

Dennis: “ Howay man ,cheer up, you should be full of the joys of spring, you were over the moon yesterday!” Oz looked up and grimaced at Den.

Oz: “ That was before. Dennis.” He took a swig from the bottle to find it was empty, he threw it violently out of the door .They heard it shatter. Oz ignored it and took another bottle .Neville looked across at Den shaking his head slowly.

Neville: “Oz man, this isn’t like you, what’s up?”

Oz: “ It’s just like that time in Bangkok, but it’s happening now ,today, the lads are really history.”

Dennis: “ Oz man we all know Moxey was in a bad place after Chrissy. It’s not like when Bomber jacked in.”

Oz: “ It feels like it to me. Barry’s gone to live who knows where near the Black Sea, Wyman is in South America, Moxey in Jamaica and PCD is going down the shit hole.”

Dennis: “ Look Oz we all know what‘s needed at PCD.”

Oz: “ Aye and who’s to say the bloody Chinese don’t just carry on with what they’re doing. Fredo says the buggers won’t give up and I don’t want to spend the rest of my days fighting Beijing.”

Neville: “ Howay Oz, that’s a bit of an exaggeration isn’t it?” Oz got to his feet and started toward Nev, Den was quicker and stood between them shouting at Oz.

Dennis: “ Oz, Oz man ,behave yersel, get a bloody grip!” Oz sat down with his head in his hands.

Oz: “ All the bloody plans, all the big ideas, all down the pan. Who did we think we were kidding ourselves, trying to run Kenny Ames’s business.”

Chris is in Carla’s shop in San Pedro.

Carla: “ So the locals are happy with your deal?”

Chris: “ Yes and what’s even better is we now have options on the rest of that area.”

Carla: “ I guess this all came about by word of mouth?”

Chris: “ Yes and Pablo tells me they were stopped on the way back by a guy herding alpaca who invited us to a settlement on the other side of the mountain. As Wyman might say we can’t fall off.” Carla’s wrinkled brow said it all.” Sorry I should say we are on a roll.” Carla laughed.

Carla: “ The more time you spend with Wy the weirder you sound.”

Chris: “ He picked up expressions during the time he spent with the lads he calls the wild bunch. Personally I think it was time well spent.”

Carla: “ This plan John told me about, is it going ahead?”

Chris: “ I believe it’s even more important now. John said he would talk with Cal about contractors and planning . I like his ideas about solar energy.”

Carla: “ Yes it’s more reliable in this part of the world. He also made suggestions about where to site the borehole. He’s really taken with this Chris. He’s so enthusiastic.” Chris noticed how happy she looked and he felt a mixture of shame and guilt.

Chris: “ Carla, I’m sorry we stopped talking .” He would have said more but she put a finger on his lips.

Carla: “ I know what happened and it wasn’t our fault. Let’s forget it. We have a lot of catching up to do.”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:16 pm

Where to site the borehole ? I'd start with Oz !!! :x

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:06 pm

Dennis told Dagmar he was worried about Oz’s behaviour . She suggested that as his oldest friend , he should try to find out if there was a problem. Dennis arranged to meet. He was greeted by Sarah who was just on her way out .

Sarah: “ Come in Dennis, Oz is in the kitchen making coffee. He said you would be over to discuss PCD. Just go through . I may see you later, I’m off to browse baby clothes.”

Dennis: “ Thanks pet. Have a good day.”

Oz: “ Now then Den, come through. Two sugars isn’t it?”

Dennis: “ It is .Cheers kiddah.” Oz was unshaved and looked like he hadn’t slept in days. “ How’s the head, did you tie one on last night?” Oz ignored the comment and pointed to a mug of coffee.

Oz: “ There y’go mate. Grab a pew. No I haven’t slept and no I didn’t have a drink last night.”

Dennis: “ Oz, I’m worried about you. What’s going on?” Oz looked at Dennis through bleary eyes but didn’t say anything. As Den continued to look at him his face suddenly crumpled, he closed his eyes and lowered his head into his hands.

Dennis sipped at his coffee waiting for a response which never came. He got up and put an arm around Oz’s shoulder.
" Howay lad, what’s the problem?” Dennis thought he could feel him shivering. He realised it wasn’t shivering, it was sobbing. Whatever the problem Oz was in a bad way. The sobbing continued for what seemed ages to Den and then he appeared to pull himself together ,straightened up and headed off to the bathroom.

Oz: “ Stay there Den .I’ll be back in a minute.” When he returned Den noticed he’d combed his hair and seemed more composed. Den drank his coffee and waited for Oz to speak.

Oz: “ Den do you remember when we were on the bridge job and Nev had those problems?”

Dennis: “ You mean when he was having trouble with the tarts?”

Oz: “ Well yes and no. He was seeing a shrink ‘cos he couldn’t get his leg ower. Well I reckon I’ve got the same.” Den nearly dropped his coffee.

Dennis: “ Y’what?”

Oz: “ Aye. I’ve been on line to see if there’s a cure.”

Dennis: “ What does your lass think?”

Oz: “ Sarah, Sarah, what’s it got to do with Sarah?”

Dennis: “ Oz ,you’re unbelievable. It’s got everything to do with Sarah. You’re worse than Nev. Do you think she won’t have noticed?” Oz sat down , head in hands again. This was an Oz that Dennis had never seen before. “ Oz man, what’s up with you?”

Oz: “ I’ve no idea Den but it feels like the end of the world from where I am. I know I’ve let everyone down that’s why the lads are voting with their feet. They know there’s nowt here for them. It’s just a matter of time before Sarah walks. I can’t look after her and the bairn y’see.”

Dennis:” What a load of bollocks ,Wyman’s working for his brother in south America, Barry’s running his business wherever, and Moxey needs to move on after Chrissy’s death, and we all know what’s needed at PCD. What are you not telling us Oz?”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:34 am

Prostate. I can tell man ! :|

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:06 am

Sarah is having coffee with Dagmar and Pru.

Sarah: “ The twins are well Pru?”

Pru: “ They’re into everything, if it’s not locked or fastened down they have it in pieces in no time. Anyway pet, how are you feeling these days?”

Sarah: “ I was telling Dagmar I’m fine, it’s Oz who seems to be under the weather.”

Dagmar: “ Dennis was going to see him this morning ,he was concerned after you said he should see a doctor .Did he go?”

Sarah: “ No. He told me he felt a lot better and didn’t want to make a fuss.”

Dagmar: “ Well maybe Dennis will be able to give us an update later.”

Pru: “ Changing the subject Sarah ,did you say you expected to hear from Vicky this week?”

Sarah: “ Yes ,I’d asked how her businesses in the UK were doing .She had been planning a trip over there but as that’s now a no no she would have to rely on her managers to do their best .Though she did say Kenny has been in touch with Chris recently. He’s been following his adventures in South America with Wyman . They’ve spent a lot of time in Chile recently.”

Dagmar: “ You know Dennis thought Oz was upset about Wyman’s absence, after Barry and Moxey had gone it left him feeling that somehow he was to blame.”

Pru: “ You know he never struck me as the sort of chap to let something like this to worry him.”

Sarah: “ I’m not so sure ,in the last week or so he’s spent a lot of time on his computer searching for something about Cuba I think. Whatever it was he found he was definitely upset and when I asked him he just laughed it off, but you’re right it’s not like him.”

Neville called in to see Oz after a flying visit to the PCD offices. He was surprised to be greeted at the door by Dennis.

Neville: “ Where’s Oz?” Dennis looked a little embarrassed and was about to speak when Oz appeared behind him.

Dennis: “ He was in the kitchen making coffee, if you play your cards right kiddah …..”

Oz: “ Howay in Nev, black no sugar?”

Neville: “ Champion mate.” They walked through to the kitchen where Oz was doing his barrista act. Dennis picked up his cup , drained it and stared at Nev with a bewildered expression.

Dennis: “ I could do with a top up Oz.” Nev had noticed a small bottle on the work top near the coffee machine. He picked it up, looking at the label.

Oz: " How'd you get on at PCD?"

Neville: " Quiet like we expected, but there's a ton of work they're quoting for at those building sites up the coast."

Dennis: " Well that's a bit of welcome news eh Oz?"

Oz: " Aye but they haven't got the work yet."

Neville: “ Are these yours Oz?”

Oz: “ What’s that Nev?”

Neville: “ This bottle of pills.”

Oz: “ Oh aye . It’s nearly empty I need to get some more.”

Neville: “ How long have you been taking these Oz?”

Oz: “ Why, what’s that got to do with anything?”

Neville: “ Hey lad ,I’m just asking ‘cos I see now they’re prescribed for your lass!”

Oz: “ Aye ,I know ,I can read. She stopped taking them when she found out she was pregnant and threw them away.”

Neville: “ Oz, you do know these pills contain female hormones?” There was a pause while Oz was obviously thinking about Nev’s comment.

Oz: “ Nah man they’re just vitamins and things.”

Neville: “ Aye and if you’d read the label you’d see among the other stuff they contain are these hormones. I wouldn’t take any more if I was you Oz. There could be certain side effects …….” He looked across to Dennis who was shaking his head and looking heavenward.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:36 pm

Chile ? Not as Chile as where we come from ! :lol:

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:53 pm

Oz was lying on his side in the doctor’s surgery. He heard a snap as the rubber gloves were removed.

Doctor: “Just relax mister Osborne. I will prescribe some medication for you, but everything appears to be fine. We will have you back in due course.”

Oz: “ When will that be?”

Doctor: “Is there a problem mister Osborne?”

Oz: “I just like to be able to plan ahead y’kna.”

Doctor: “ You need time to heal, we must wait . I will see you again in perhaps four to six weeks.”

Den had eventually managed to speak to Barry about Oz.

Dennis: “ Barry I’m sorry to bother you, I know you’ve been busy these last few weeks I’ve been chasing you about, but we felt it was important to let you know that Oz has had an operation.” There was a pause and Barry laughed, then there was another pause.

Barry: “ I take it you’re not winding me up?”

Dennis: “ Nah man, I wouldn’t joke about something like this, it’s just we know you and Oz have history and we all thought you should know .”

Barry: “ Ok Den tell me the worst.”

Dennis: “ Well it’s a long story but eventually he went to a doctor, was diagnosed with prostate cancer, had treatment and was operated on last week. He’s recovering at home .If you like you could give him a bell. I’d leave it a few days Sarah thinks his hormone balance is still a bit out.”

Barry: “ Thanks for letting me know Dennis. Perhaps you could tell Oz and Sarah I’ll be coming over as soon as I can.”

Barry turned up at the New Castle as promised a few days later. He was greeted by an obviously very pleased Sarah.

Sarah: “ Hello Barry .I’m so glad you came, he’s really looking forward to see you. Go through he’s sat in the shed. I’ll leave you two to talk. I’ll see you before you go Barry.”

Barry heard Oz before he saw him.

Oz: “ Now then kiddah, come on up ,I thought it might be you when I heard Sarah at the door. How’re you doin’?”

Barry: “ I’m fine Oz. More to the point how are you doing?”

Oz: “ Sound as a pound Barry. I can tell you I was worried for a while back then though but.”

Barry: “ Dennis told me they had to operate ?”

Oz: “ Aye but it’s all sorted now. I’m trying to think positive and move on y’kna.”

Barry: “ I know you Oz and I can tell there’s something on your mind but before we get on to that why didn’t you get in touch before now?” Oz looked at Barry with a sheepish expression and then glanced at his feet and let out a big sigh.

Oz: “ I know I should have ,sorry mate. Of all the people I know you would have understood. I was embarrassed after the injections ,the mood swings, bursting into tears and all that. Not helped by me taking Sarah’s prescription but that’s another story, the biopsies, the radiotherapy da de da ,and here we are.” Barry looked at him and rested his hand on Oz’s shoulder.

Barry: “ There is nothing I could have done I know but I could have been there for you Oz.”

Oz: “ I wasn’t thinking straight Barry, I was in a bad place so many things go through your head at a time like that.”

Barry: “But everything’s on track now though?” Oz raised his eyebrows and looked at Barry.

Oz: “ There’s still a question mark over my ability to re produce.”

Barry: “ Oh. Is there. Well I can tell you my cousin, the digger driver, the one who worked on the motorways ,well he had a similar problem and they had twins a year or so after his operation.” Oz started to laugh but managed to stop in time.

Oz: “ Was this the lad that used to walk around the house dressed in …..?”

Barry: “ Yes that’s the one. Anyway we seem to have established you’re more or less ok so what’s this other problem?”

Oz: “ Do you remember Gus that mate of mine who worked for OED?”

Barry: “ Yes. He was the one who told us about OED in the first place, didn’t we run into him in Havana a few years back?”

Oz: “Yes we did .He got in touch with me just before all this started and I’m not sure how to deal with it.”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:55 pm

:?

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:05 pm

Barry can see Oz is in a bit of a state.

Barry: “ What exactly did Gus tell you?” Oz passed a sheet of paper to him, and held his gaze to a point where Barry began to feel uncomfortable.

Oz: “ This is a copy of the email and the English language newspaper article about the Outreach project. Read that and you’ll get a better idea.”

Barry: “ That name rings a bell, Nikki Myles.”

Oz: “ Aye ,never heard of the other lass but you know Nikki well enough.” Barry nodded and continued reading.

Barry: “ Gus says there’s just enough detail to make this believable to anyone outside OED. It goes on to say the Cuban government have taken the OED to task, and you and I are in the crosshairs.”

Oz: “ The reason for that last remark is further in the article where our relationship is called into question.” Barry looked up with a puzzled expression, then continued reading.

Barry: “ Where the hell did all this come from. She implies that you and I are an item and I was imprisoned for sexual deviancy?” Oz had difficulty stifling a laugh.

Oz : “ It gets better, read the bit about exploiting the apprentices ,she calls them children later on.”

Barry: “ What is she hoping to achieve. Is this to provoke us into a dialogue?”

Oz: “ She’d love that ‘cos if we take the bait she can write more and keep the readers happy, she says she expects us to deny it, so you know, no smoke without fire etcetera.”

Barry: “ What did we ever do to upset this miserable bitch?”

Oz: “ Barry I’ve thought about this ,over and over until my head’s going round. She would have been really pissed off when she found Tatiana had lied to her about your marital violence , so no story there but I couldn’t think of anything else specific to you and me. She tried to get a story out of Nev ,but no joy, so then I wondered if she was really having a go at all of us, you know what the hell it sells newspapers.”

Barry: “ I see she makes reference to certain people now living in luxury in Spain, running multi million pound businesses in Europe. Prominent investigative journalist shines a bright light on the murky business of those with links to the shadowy world of Stille Industries. Bloody hell their legal team will have a field day when they read this!”

Oz: “Trouble is Barry what can we do?”

Barry: “We’ve got to tell Gus this is a load of bollocks.”

Oz: “ Howay Barry Gus knows us ,he knows we’re not bent, but the article does mention two of the former apprentices by name and Gus reckons they’re scared stiff and have gone into hiding.”

Barry: “ And who are they?”

Oz: “ We called them Lofty and Lefty , you might remember.”

Barry: “ Same question Oz. What can we do?”

Oz: “ First we need to tell the other lads especially now she’s tried to put the mockers on PCD with that bit about us continuing to prey on vulnerable young men who are only seeking employment.”

Barry: “ Aye but what about the stuff in this article that Gus found?”

Oz: “ Well I thought I would have a word with Sarah to see if we can’t get some help from the FCO.”

Barry: “ She knows all about this?”

Oz: “ Well she knows I’ve been in touch with Cuba but not the details. Yet.”

Barry: “ Oz. You have to tell her. Everything.”

Oz: “ I know, I know ,I will. But isn’t it just a bloody mess. The paragraph linking us to the people trafficking is priceless but then I remembered that’s where she made her first big impact you know with the Mickey Startup black labour story. That then leads nicely into Tatiana Taylors involvement with people trafficking, containers full of unfortunate folks heading to the Caribbean.”

Barry: “ Where does she get the bit about Stille industries?”

Oz: “ All I can think is she knows Wyman is related to Chris and that his company CWN is linked to Stille.”

Barry: “ This is a very complex setup. Do you think someone else is involved, someone feeding her information some of it just bollocks knowing she’ll put it all together ?”

Oz: “ If that is what happened then we definitely need professionals to ferret out the facts.”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:19 pm

Well there was that time in Barry's van before the poaching fiasco ! :D

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:02 pm

After hearing Oz’s account of the Nikki Myles story Sarah decided to talk to her newest friend at FCO. There had been a definite cooling of the relationship after Greig‘s death which had prompted her cultivation of an old schoolfriend , Hilary. She was under no illusions. Hilary was very aware of Sarah’s ulterior motive and made it clear he expected reciprocal intelligence.

Hilary: “ Sarah , what can I do for you this day?”

Sarah: “ I hope you are well, and I am bringing you a gift.”

Hilary: “ Do you recall the story about certain Greeks ?”

Sarah: “ I do and this is not that kind of gift. You have my email and the attachment?”

Hilary: “ I have and the problem was brought to our attention by colleagues from the Embassy in Havana. However the background you provided to the Myles woman is shall I say , revealing.”

Sarah: “ Good .I am pleased. Our dealings with her have been mixed but this latest episode is perhaps at a more sophisticated level than we would expect.”

Hilary: “ There is a quid pro quo ?”

Sarah: “ The co author of the piece ,is she known to you?”

Hilary: “ She is not .The embassy believe it may be a pseudonym .The editor was approached and we learned this co author is not Hispanic. She is European.”

Sarah: “ The significance?”

Hilary: “ I was told she is slim, blonde , of medium height, English with passable Spanish.”

Sarah told Oz of her conversation with the FCO.

Sarah: “ In return for some background on Nikki Myles I have been told the co author of the newspaper article is a slim, blonde English woman .”

Oz: “ Didn’t we reckon Nikki had written this with some Cuban lass?”

Sarah: “ It was a pseudonym. I think it’s Barbara Hunt playing silly buggers.”

Oz: “ How’d you work that out?”

Sarah: “Who else has all that detail about you and the lads, and who has motive ?”

Oz: “ You’ve lost me petal.”

Sarah: “ I’d put money on it being her. The only part I have trouble understanding is why she risks alienating the Stille’s. At one point it seemed she was working for them.”

Oz: “ All that business with the toxin .Attacking Chrissy in the hospital. That was a real risk .”

Sarah: “Something must have happened for her to part company with them, unless we were wrong all along.”

Oz: “ Wrong, in what way could we be wrong?”

Sarah: “ I don’t think Hilary told me everything. I suspect we are seeing only part of a much bigger problem. I recall a hint of this after my last conversation with our friend in Phoenix. There are problems globally and they attribute their share to our friends in Asia. I wonder if she has always been playing her own hand so to speak. Using the facilities of the Stille organisation just as she did with Amesec.”

Oz: “ But what’s in it for her?”

Sarah: “She has taken every opportunity that presented itself and never really nailed her colours to any particular mast until now. It can’t be money so what’s left?”

Oz: “ Why target us, the lads though?”

Sarah: “ Because you’ve interfered with her plans. Several times. Wyman and Chris scuppered the mining deals in Chile. She believes Wyman and Gomez were behind the push back against her toxin campaign , PCD interfered with the unemployment situation here in Spain, and collectively your holiday trip to the Black Sea screwed the trafficking business with implications for the Caribbean drug industry. “

Oz: “ I thought all this was down to the Chinese influence?”

Sarah: “ One and the same perhaps?”

Oz: “ So where to from here?”

Sarah: “ A concerted effort?”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:30 am

OP