Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Goodbye, Tyneside

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Londongal1983
Electrician
Electrician

Goodbye, Tyneside

Post by Londongal1983 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:12 pm

(Fade in on a a wide angle shot of City of Wolverhampton College. It's a good sized campus with several buildings, lecture halls, and dormitories. We pan across the grounds and see several students engaged in the usual pre-semester hijinks associated with college life. During this time, we hear Kevin's voice...)

KEVIN:(VO) Saturday August 17th 1989. Welcome to City of Wolverhampton College. Located in the scenic township of Wolverhampton, West Midlands. Ideal distance, far enough away for it to be a hassle for my dad to drive in and nag me while being as far away from my bitch of a mam as possible.

(We see Dennis's camper van pull into the parking lot of one of the dormitories. We see a sign declaring this as "Machevelli Hall" The camper van is soon followed by what looks like a Mercedes Benz. Both Dennis and Kevin get out of the camper van)

KEVIN: (VO, cont.) Upon my escape, read "graduation," from school and leaving my mam's place a couple of days previously, me dad Dennis decided that chauffering me back and forth every other weekend was going to be a pain he didn't want...hence, a new car. Or more accurately, the used car. But it runs, it's recent, and more importantly, it's paid for.

(The two of them go into the lobby of the dorm. Inside is a table behind which is a female student who looks to be a year or two older than Kevin. She has short blond hair and a terminally perky expression. An name tag reads "Kelly Monroe, Resident Assistant.")

KELLY: Hi! Welcome to City of Wolverhampton College. I'm Kelly, I'm one of the R.A.'s here. And you are?

KEVIN: Esmerelda of the Seven Veils. I'm here on a Modern Dance scholarship.

DENNIS: Kevin! (to Kelly) I'm sorry, travel does strange things to his mind.

KELLY: Oh, no problem. I get like that on airplanes!

KEVIN: (thought VO) Must be the lack of oxygen. (out loud) I'm Kevin Patterson.

KELLY: Okay! Let's see here... (she picks up a clipboard and begins riffling through the pages..) Hmmm...no...no...I'm sorry I don't see any Patterson here.

KEVIN: But--

DENNIS: (cutting in) There must be some mistake. We have the letter right here. (produces the letter. Kelly barely glances at it)

KELLY: Well, I'm sorry, but I don't have a Patterson on the list. And this is the final head count for the building.

KEVIN: I'm supposed to be on a mechanics course and lodging with a couple called Taylor.

KELLY: Hmmm...let me check. (Business with the clipboard.) Ah! Here we go...Mechanics 101, Kevin Patterson...Hang on... (peers closer) Oh stupid me! Looks like the ink ran on the sheet when it came out of the printer...or is that the ring from my iced tea glass?

KEVIN: Excuse me.

KELLY: Oh, sorry. Looks like you are on the list after all, Kevlin.

KEVIN: Kevin. (thought VO) Oh Christ, not this again.

KELLY: (passing over a key and a brochure) Okay! Here's Mr and Mrs Taylor's address, Kevin and we know what a bore he can be even with all the information you need to get started.

KEVIN: Canny. Thanks.

KELLY: No problem. Sorry about the mix up.

DENNIS: That's quite all right. (to Kevin) Let's go to Barry's and take your things in.

KEVIN: Oh right.
Last edited by Londongal1983 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did you do that?

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Goodbye, Tyneside

Post by Tracy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:22 pm

Daria, Helen, Jake, just whose nightmare am I in ??? :twisted: :lol:

Londongal1983
Electrician
Electrician

Post by Londongal1983 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:29 pm

(Cut to Barry and Hazel's Taylor's house. Hazel leads Dennis and Kevin up to what will be Kevin's bedroom and look around. It's a fairly decent sized room. There is a bad and at the foot of it is a desk and chair with a small bookcase mounted to the wall above it. At the head of each bed is an 2 ft. square space then the closet with a small dresser inside. Dennis leaves the room and reappears with a couple of boxes and they begin unpacking Daria's things. During this...)

(Dissolve to later. The room looks settled in now. The bed is made, the Def Leppard poster hanging above it. The bookcase is filled with books of varying degrees of literary merit. We see some clothes hanging in the closet. On the desk is a few books)

DENNIS: Well, it looks like you're all settled in.

KEVIN: Thanks for the help.

DENNIS: Hey, nae problem, son! That's what Ah'm here for. Do you have everything?

KEVIN: Aye, Dad.

DENNIS: (reaches into his wallet and gives Kevin four £50 bills) I know you've got money set aside for books and whatnot so this is just for day to day cash. (leans in and whispers) If the cafeteria food here is crap, you'll need it.

KEVIN: Thanks, Dad.

DENNIS: I don't suppose--nah, you're too old for that sort of thing.

(To Dennis's surprise, Kevin hugs him tightly)

KEVIN: Thanks, Dad. You've been a real help the last couple of months. (lets Dennis go) But if you ever tell anyone I did that, I'll deny it.

DENNIS: All right, Kevin, if you're all settled in, I'm ganning to go now.

KEVIN: Okay. I thought I'd wait a few minutes and see if this Barry guy shows up. If not, I'm dead.

DENNIS: Ah'd better go. Call me if you need anything, son.

KEVIN: All right.

(Dennis leaves and Kevin goes back to the bed and picks up his backpack. He takes out the photo of her and his friends Frank Jordan and Danielle Osborne and puts it on the bookshelf. He leans over the desk and begins placing pens, pencils, and other school supplies in the desk. He pauses and looks up at the photo.)

KEVIN: (VO) In all honesty, I was expecting things to be a little weird after I was finally cut loose from the Morgendorffer nest. I mean, let's face it, the first time you realize that, from this point on, you are in charge of your own life is kind of intimidating. Once the euphoria dies off, anyway. But here I am, on my own, ready to take on college life.

(Kevin sighs and looks sadly at the picture)

KEVIN: (VO) Where's Frank when I need him?
Did you do that?

Londongal1983
Electrician
Electrician

Post by Londongal1983 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:41 pm

(Later, Kevin is sitting at the desk with his feet up on the bed reading. Theres a rattling at the door and Trevor O' Leary comes into the room wearing a blue denim jacket, matchine jeans, a white T-shirt and trainers)

TREVOR: Are you Kevin Patterson?

KEVIN: Aye.

TREVOR: I'm Mr Taylor's assistant Trevor.

(The door suddenly burst open and Hazel dashes in and grabs Trevor)

HAZEL: Trevor! He's boring me to death again! You gotta call him off!

(From out in the hallway, we hear a VERY familiar voice...)

VOICE: Haze? Where'd you go?!

TREVOR: He's up here, boss.

(Barry comes into the room wearing a black leather jacket, blue jeans, boots and a light blue shirt)

BARRY: Oh HERE you are! I was beginning to wor--Oh, HI, you're Dennis's son Kevin, right? (notices Daria's necklace.)

KEVIN: aye, that's me.

TREVOR: Bostin necklace, where did you get it?

(Close up on Kevin's necklace. It's a gold hoop, on top of which rest a crossed silver quill pen and a silver dagger. A silver chain holds the hoop.)

KEVIN: Oh, a friend of mine made it before I left.

TREVOR: Hey, anyone given any thought to dinner plans?

BARRY: Why don't we go out to dinner? There's a couple of good restaurants around town.
Last edited by Londongal1983 on Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did you do that?

Londongal1983
Electrician
Electrician

Post by Londongal1983 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:17 pm

(We see a large restaurant with a large red neon sign proclaiming it to be "Red October's" Cut to the interior. It's a wood panneled restaurant with various nautical paraphenalia on the walls. The tables are tale, with equally tall chairs to go with them. It's fairly crowded, there's a jukebox in one corner. At one large table sits Kevin, Barry and Hazel.)

KEVIN: Interesting place.

HAZEL: Yeah, it's the ultimate college hangout. The guy that runs it started it out as a seafood place then added pizza and finally after somebody pointed out the name he added sandwiches.

KEVIN: What do you mean?

BARRY: Red October's...submarine sandwiches.

KEVIN: That's...really bad.

HAZEL: Get used to it, Kevin.

(The waitress arrives and passes out the plates. Barry and Hazel while Kevin is having a burger)

BARRY: Is that all you're having?

KEVIN: It's a travel thing. I don't like to eat heavy after moving.

HAZEL: But what about all those pizzas your dad told us you and your friends always ate after walking to the Pizza King after school? You were moving then.

KEVIN: Aye but only under duress.

(Cut to Kevin's room. He is sitting at his desk in his nightclothes, a blue T-shirt and gray shorts. He's writing in his journal)

KEVIN: (VO) So that was the first day in Wolverhampton. I met some new people, hooked up with a couple I can tolerate and who seem like they could become friends...and then there's Kevin, Brittany, and Upchuck...

(Hazel comes into the room in a robe drying her hair with a towel)

HAZEL: Kevin, you going to be up long?

KEVIN: No, just finishing up my journal entry. I'll be going to bed soon.

HAZEL: Bostin. (plugs in a hair dryer and begins drying her hair as Kevin goes back to writing)

KEVIN: (VO) So what do I think? I think it's too early to say yet how college life will treat me. But...it may not suck as much as I thought it would without Frank and Danielle...

(At that point, there's a LOUD bass rumble that begins to vibrate the whole room. It sounds like bad hip-hop music. Kevin and Hazel look annoyed. Kevin gets up, grabs a baseball bat and leave the room. Hazel listens for a minute, then there's an even LOUDER collection of thuds and rumbles. The volume drops off sharply. Kevin returns with the baseball club, puts it back and goes back to his journal. Hazel shrugs and goes back to her hair drying)

KEVIN: (VO) ...Then again...

(Cut to the credits)
Last edited by Londongal1983 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did you do that?

racesgirl2000
Boozer
Boozer

Post by racesgirl2000 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:33 am

Love this and I'm chuffed Kevin escaped from Vera
Oi oi, what's the word then

Londongal1983
Electrician
Electrician