Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

The Last Gig

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: The Last Gig

Post by 936trt » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:53 pm

Pru and Dagmar are having coffee and discussing the recent email from Barry .

Pru :” I’m pleased they are coming. I’m sure seeing Barry and Oz will give Nev a boost.He could certainly do with one right now.” Dagmar smiled and looked at Pru sympathetically.

Dagmar :” I’ve said it before Pru ,you really are bearing up well under the circumstances.”

Pru : “As I’m discovering ,there is very little option Dagmar. You know we’ve both said this before ,in sickness and in health.”

Dagmar :” I’ll tell Dennis when he gets back from Debbie and Detlefs’. It still seems strange to me , that after all those years together they just stopped talking.”

Pru :” Well Barry was spending such a lot of time away, Moxey got re- married and Oz had his singing career.” Dagmar smiled.

Dagmar :” Dennis heard that Oz has one of these space age hearing aids.Apparently years of being close to large loudspeakers damaged his -I think he said -lugs?”Pru smiled.

Pru :”We can’t ignore the fact that Chris Norris has been noticeable by his absence for some considerable time. At one point he was always around and about with schemes that kept the lads together” Dagmar laughed.

Dagmar :”I admit that I do miss our frequent flyer status with his personal aircraft.”

Pru :” Barry did mention did he not ,that Chris is still in South America with Carla, crawling all over ancient Inca relics?” They both laughed at this remark. Pru was looking at Dagmar when her face gradually adopted a serious look.” Can I ask you Dagmar, has Dennis talked recently about their Bridgenorth adventures ?” Dagmar frowned.

Dagmar :”Well naturally he has mentioned it from time to time but not recently.Why do you ask?”

Pru :”I think I now know why there was that friction that led to you and I having ,shall we say , some differences?” Dagmar had a worried look.

Dagmar :”Pru that’s in the past, I thought we’d both agreed to move on?”

Pru :” You’re absolutely right, it’s just that I now believe I know what really caused their falling out which led to the rift between you and I.”Dagmar was frowning.

Dagmar :” I thought they fell out when for some reason no one knows Nev accused him of double standards or something like that ,because of his time taxi-ing a drug dealer around Newcastle.

Pru :” So did I ,but recently Nev has been re-living that period in his life ,and keeps repeating something about Dennis not paying his debts.” Dagmar looked more mystified.

Dagmar :” What debts are these?”

Pru :” Back in the day you may know Oz set up a company, later named Bridgenorth by Neville, through which they would carry out the Transporter Bridge job .As Dennis had no money they agreed Dennis’s investment contribution would be deducted from his share of the profits on completion. “

Dagmar :” I fell through didn’t it ,until Joe Saugus came on the scene I think that’s right?”

Pru :”Yes and that was all because Jeffrey Grainger screwed them on the deal. However ,Neville has it in his head that Dennis still owes them his contribution.”

Dagmar :” Does Dennis know about this?” Pru shook her head.

Pru :”I don’t think so, but I was asking our doctor if there could be reasons behind Nev’s condition and he mentioned, among many things the knee operation he had a year or so back ,but then I suggested the idea Chris had had about Transported in Time ,you remember , I wondered if that might have been a trigger.”

Dagmar :” Why do you think that?”

Pru :” I knew about the trials and tribulations Nev had with his first wife and recently during his periodic rants he has been revealing a lot more, for example his period of celibacy at that time and all the domestic pressure he was under. Later when they got to Arizona the lads didn’t help by poking fun at him over a girl from the Chicken Ranch ,a well known house of ill repute I should point out.” Dagmar still looked mystified.” I take it you are unaware of these details ?” Dagmar nodded so Pru gave her an abbreviated version of the lads time in Arizona.

Dagmar :”I see. So you think somewhere in Nev’s imagination the reason he focussed on Dennis’s debt to Bridgenorth is because somehow it’s tied up with all the stress and anguish he suffered at that time and it’s acting like a trigger?”

Pru :”Something like that.Perhaps.” She shook her head.” That’s why I’m hoping that seeing the other members of the team may help re -boot his memory banks.”

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:31 pm

Chris is relaxing with Carla in their San Pedro hideaway when he receives an unexpected call from Hans Ulrich.

Ulrich :” Christian ,I trust you are in good health?”

Chris :” I am Hans and I hope you are too ,but you have me at a disadvantage. Is there a problem, you are not given to telephonic pleasantries?” There was slight pause.

Ulrich :” Very well Christian I will not prolong this call unduly.We need to discuss aspects of your uncles’ bequests as something unusual has come to light.I can meet you in either Lima or La Paz.”

Chris :”I prefer La Paz.When?”

Ulrich :” Tomorrow, three in the afternoon at the airport.”

Chris :” Fine Hans. I look forward to seeing you. Until tomorrow then ,bye bye.” Carla giggled as Chris turned to her.” Why are you laughing?”

Carla :” You told me once he said colloquialisms are indicative of sloppy thinking.You did that deliberately” They both laughed.

Chris:” I guess that’s a bit unfair, he can’t help being uptight. He’s had a thankless task over the years after all.”

Carla :” So what’s the problem, you have that pained expression ?”

Chris :” I’ve never been totally comfortable with Hans and I’m getting a bad feeling about this.My uncles were almost forensic in their legal dealings.I find it hard to believe there was a mistake.Perhaps there is someone contesting the will?”

Carla :” Chris you are not a poor man, surely this is not financial ?” Chris frowned.

Chris :”Certainly not, but if I was a betting man I would say it’s something to do with their last bequest.” Carla looked puzzled.

Carla :”What bequest?”

Chris :” I know they both wanted to do something for Wyman and any family he may have produced, but were uncertain when they last spoke to me .I recall telling them the only family he had after his mother died were the guys he worked with. Ulrich will know exactly who they are.”

Carla :” These are his Bridgenorth buddies?”

Chris :” Correct .Hans will know most of them ,they worked with my father in Dusseldorf years ago, he has no reason to look favourably on them ,but in addition questions were raised at the time the wills were made by the CWN board as it involved company shares.There were comments made about their state of mind et cetera.”

Carla :” They would question your uncles’ sanity?”Chris smiled.

Chris :” They would question anything that could be construed as a threat to CWN.”

Carla :” So why is he in such a rush?”

Chris :” Ever since Klaus and Jurgen passed the vultures have been circling, not helped by rumours of my strange retirement in the Atacama desert.” Carla laughed and took his hand.

Carla :” My poor dear boy.What is to become of you?”

Dennis collected the post and found a much redirected letter which he hurriedly opened . Dagmar was watching his expression change and began to worry.

Dagmar :” Dennis, what is wrong is it bad news?” Dennis started to laugh and do a little jig as he passed the letter to Dagmar.

Dennis :” All our problems are over pet, the big bricky in the sky has finally come through.We’re rich ,I tell you WE’RE RICH!

Dagmar :”This CWN is the company that Chris works for isn’t it?”

Dennis :” Actually Chris is the head honcho since his uncles died, but as you see Wyman’s share has been bequeathed to us ,his friends and business colleagues. I hope this puts a smile on Nev’s face.He’s been really miserable recently.”

Oz was reading the same letter as Dennis and with more or less the same result. Sara watched him as he jumped up and down.

Sara :” I know you don’t play the lottery so what are you so happy about?”

Oz :”I thought at first it was about the music contract with CWN, y’kna the deal with Chris on my royalties going into Brians’ fund.”

Sara :” But it’s not .Right?” Oz is still dancing around.

Oz :” It’s not, it’s even better.We won’t need a fund any more, we have more than enough .CWN has given me and the lads Wyman’s share of Chris’ uncles family jewels.”Sara wrinkled her brow .

Sara :”Here let me have a look ,what family jewels.” She read the letter, twice and then she jumped up and down as well.” No more worry about special schools Oz, you’re right!”

In a country house in the Scottish highlands Moxey is having a dram with Morag in the sitting room facing the loch.

Moxey :”You know petal, there was a time…..” He never finished ,he was interrupted by Morag.

Morag :”I know exactly what you were going to say .This bequest is wonderful but it would have been a lifesaver a few years ago.” Moxey laughed.

Moxey :”You read my mind, but it’s true.Before my time in the Caribbean things were tight. Anyway what I’ve learned these last few years is there are other things of value.I’d no idea that I’d have Bea and Guy ,and even less idea about finding you.Or is there any truth in the rumour that you head hunted me ‘cos you’re a man eater?”

Morag :” Sometimes Albert you do talk like an idiot.I’ve told you before,I found your profile on a lonely girls site on the internet .You daft bugger.” They both laughed.

Barry is in a meeting with the Fantasy Films attorneys.

Barry :” So correct me if I’m wrong ,what you are saying is we can collectively or individually choose a shareholding in one or more of the subsidiaries including the Bolivian Mining company Wyman owned ,or accept a cash realisation?”

Pru is reading a letter addressed to Neville Hope from a firm of attorneys in the USA. She didn’t hear Nev creeping up behind her. He shouted and she yelled and jumped up in surprise.

Pru :” Nev, what the hell are you playing at.You just gave me a fright?” Nev was laughing and grabbed the letter she was reading.

Neville :”I know what you’re doing.You’re reading all my letters.”

Pru :”Of course I am.You told me to, don’t you remember. Give it back.” Nev looked puzzled and handed the letter back.

Neville :” Sorry pet I forgot.” Pru smiled.

Pru :”Don’t worry.The doctor told you it’s no big deal to be a little forgetful at our age.Anyway this is good news Nev.” He smiled at that.

Neville:”I like a bit of good news.What is it?”

Pru :” Well we’ve come into some money. You remember Wyman, well his rich uncles passed away and remembered him in their will. Now Wyman's gone it’s going to be shared with you and the other lads from Bridgenorth and their dependants” Nev’s smile had disappeared and was replaced with a look of anger.

Neville :” As long as that bastard Paterson doesn’t get his hands on it.”

Pru turned away to hide her tears.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:24 pm

Nev, piss up a rope :x

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Wed May 18, 2022 10:05 am

Barry and Moxey have travelled to the gated community to see Den and Nev.

Moxey :” It’s very decent of you to give us a lift like this kiddah. You must be in the same club as Chris these days?” Barry laughed.

Barry :” Not exactly Mox I only have use of this one aircraft and to tell you the truth I’m not so sure I want to continue,I’m too old for all this dashing about. “Moxey stifled a laugh and shook his head.

Moxey :” You say that like you mean it?” Barry gave a sigh and nodded.

Barry :” I do Mox. I found this last year hectic .I’ve had enough, I feel like Oz does ,wanting to pack it all in.”

Moxey :” Aye ,you said when you asked him to come with us he sounded down.”

Barry :” He did and thought it best to come under his own steam . He was due the last operation on his hearing later that day.Anyway Mox have you heard anything new about Nev’s condition?”

Moxey :” No more than you Barry since our last chat.According to Pru it’s not getting worse but it’s still hard work. That’s why she’s so upbeat about us coming over. She hopes seeing us will perk him up a bit.” As they were walking into the arrivals lounge Moxey saw a man holding a card that said Barry Taylor.” Hey Barry that guy’s waiting for you.” Moxey was very impressed with the limo.” Dear me Bazza is that a drinks cabinet?”

Barry :” Good idea Mox .Pass me one of those gin and tonics would you.It’ll be about half an hour to their place.You were saying Pru’s finding it hard work?”

Moxey :” Yes, and Dagmar told us she doesn’t say too much about it but she’s heard him when he’s ranting, mostly about Den.”

Barry :”What’s that all about?”

Moxey :” It all goes back to when we set up Bridgenorth and Den had no money.” Barry pursed his lips and frowned.

Barry :” They were the best of friends. Next to Oz I would guess Den must be his oldest friend.”

Moxey :” Exactly, but if Nev has some kind of dementia what can anyone do?”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed May 18, 2022 7:10 pm

Dementia ?! Oh shyte :o :? :|